Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes sold apparently 16:06 - Aug 24 with 110736 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Rumours he's gone to Hearts.
Dykes sold apparently on 06:11 - Aug 28 with 6860 viewsGloucs_R

I wonder if he turned down moved which would have made us more money?

I know Aberdeen and Hearts were mentioned. Don't know what budgets they have.

I would strongly suspect if he goes to Brum they we will have a sell on and promotion clause.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dykes sold apparently on 06:17 - Aug 28 with 6811 viewsnix

Dykes sold apparently on 00:34 - Aug 28 by Hooping_Mad

Good luck to him, except for when they face us.

That's where I am too. As a PP said, always appreciate him getting out of his sick bed to play for us.

Not the most gifted technically but almost always put a shift in unlike some we've had and always tried his best at both ends of the pitch. Anyone see Ethan Laird in Birmingham's post-match analysis? Ball came over the top with him out of position too tight to the line with the winger in an inside left position. Laird just jogged back. He was never getting there for the first touch but he could have made a clearance if the guy mis-controlled it or hit the post. You won't get that kind of lack of commitment from Lyndon which is maybe why Birmingham want him in a squad that also contains Laird and Tyler Roberts, who incidentally has only played in the cup this season. He also ensures that their forwards now total 95 years old. Do they have Mick Beale as their chief scout?

It makes sense to sell him as he's ageing, reportedly relatively expensive and because we really do need to score more goals. Plus a bit more cash for the coffers. But I hope he does well as he never shirked at the time when many did.
Dykes sold apparently on 06:36 - Aug 28 with 6624 viewsHayesender

Dykes sold apparently on 00:32 - Aug 28 by qpr1976

He was better value than Conor Washington at £2.5m though !

That's up there with spunking the Ferdinand money on Osborne, Zelic, and Hatley
[Post edited 28 Aug 6:37]

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Dykes sold apparently on 07:35 - Aug 28 with 6179 viewsGus_iom

Dykes sold apparently on 22:31 - Aug 27 by hubble

What on earth has he done to that kid's head?

Is it possible Dyndon Likes is an alien??

Edit - beaten to it.
Dykes goes with my best wishes, frustrating player who could have been more, but also a grafter.
Had his moments
[Post edited 28 Aug 7:38]
Dykes sold apparently on 07:38 - Aug 28 with 6138 viewsChrisNW6

Good luck Lyndon hopefully you get better service at Brum as we've never really played to your strengths. Good servant for the club who always gave 100% and even with the lack of goals always liked seeing name on teamsheet. Should get a few more goals in Div 1 and help Brum bounce back at first time of asking.

I think Jan Celar is potentially a more natural finisher and Frey will also score more over a full season.
Dykes sold apparently on 07:56 - Aug 28 with 5974 viewsloftboy

Dykes sold apparently on 22:44 - Aug 27 by QPR_Hibs

Being unavailable for selection doesn't necessarily mean that Lyndon made himself unavailable. Perhaps Marti was told by Nourry not to risk him getting injured as a £1 million+ bid had been received.

He refused to sit on the bench after scoring last week.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Dykes sold apparently on 08:03 - Aug 28 with 5918 viewsBurnleyhoop

Dykes sold apparently on 07:38 - Aug 28 by ChrisNW6

Good luck Lyndon hopefully you get better service at Brum as we've never really played to your strengths. Good servant for the club who always gave 100% and even with the lack of goals always liked seeing name on teamsheet. Should get a few more goals in Div 1 and help Brum bounce back at first time of asking.

I think Jan Celar is potentially a more natural finisher and Frey will also score more over a full season.

Dykes and Armstrong or Frey and Celar?

I know which two I prefer and which two are likely to put more goals on the board.

Best of luck to both our departing former strikers, but neither were going to take us where we need or want to go.

Onwards and upwards. A new dawn now begins in earnest. Well, after the international break at least.
Dykes sold apparently on 08:08 - Aug 28 with 5851 viewsGaryHaddock

Has the sale of any player ever caused this much fuss on a QPR forum? Fascinating how he has split the fan base.
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes sold apparently on 08:09 - Aug 28 with 5835 viewsChrisNW6

Dykes sold apparently on 07:56 - Aug 28 by loftboy

This would explain the quick sale and potential lower than expected fee. If true, better to start the season without a sulky player and bank the cash. Getting the 18k per week of the books will also help. I do think we need another forward in the squad though. Not keen on loan players but room for a prem youngster who needs game time.
Dykes sold apparently on 08:16 - Aug 28 with 5733 viewsdaveB

I don't believe that for a second
Dykes sold apparently on 08:57 - Aug 28 with 5466 viewsHoopsie

He wasn’t starting and not on the bench because we are selling

Ok, I made that up but I think this it is more believable

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Dykes sold apparently on 09:03 - Aug 28 with 5380 viewsqpr1976

Dykes sold apparently on 22:29 - Aug 27 by HAYESBOY

I see he’s gone for the ‘Alien Ant Farm’ hair style. What a Smooth Criminal…..
Dykes sold apparently on 09:39 - Aug 28 with 5065 viewsstevec

I’m struggling to believe anyone would be daft enough to cough up a million for him, so thank you Birmingham.

I’d have happily swapped him for Alfie May rather than the cash though.
Dykes sold apparently on 11:16 - Aug 28 with 4443 viewsmart_Goblin

I wish Lyndon all the best .

Was going to argue this point but realise there are 2 sides to every story so I don’t know what’s exactly true or not .And after the weekend best to keep my gob shut.
Always gave his all, but came up short I think . Understand both sides of the fan base and only a personal view but as frustrating as playing with Ilias can be at times , I think he hid behind defenders and lives on his heels instead of anticipating and gambling inside the box.
Came across as good guy to me so I wish him good luck .
Shane it’s with that lot
[Post edited 28 Aug 11:45]
Dykes sold apparently on 11:43 - Aug 28 with 4131 viewsSpaceman_P

For me.... I don't personally mind Dykes, not our greatest player but felt he gave his best especially after the pneumonia and I feel he was a liked presence in the team.

But the F>ing hair changes, that did/does my nut in.... and just cos of that, happy he's left.

Much prefer Frey's bald skinhead psycho noggin.
Dykes sold apparently on 11:45 - Aug 28 with 4111 viewsDorse

Best of luck Lyndon - and what a fine goal to leave us on!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dykes sold apparently on 11:46 - Aug 28 with 4089 viewsHoopsie

He has more time donning a new hairdo than practicing to shoot?

I think if he/we/they didn’t classify him/self as a striker, some fans will be more forgiving.

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Dykes sold apparently on 11:48 - Aug 28 with 4058 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

There's one thing in football that matters more than anything else. Scoring goals. It's been obvious from early on that Lyndon wasn't the answer.

We should have sold him two or three years ago when he had a good spell for Scotland. Which is where his main motivation seemed to lie at the time.
Dykes sold apparently on 12:07 - Aug 28 with 3803 viewsAntti_Heinola

the amount of energy fans expend worrying about hairstyles is baffling. Happened again last night. Don't really get it myself.

Bare bones.

Dykes sold apparently on 12:16 - Aug 28 with 3678 viewsLanhoop

Dykes sold apparently on 12:07 - Aug 28 by Antti_Heinola

the amount of energy fans expend worrying about hairstyles is baffling. Happened again last night. Don't really get it myself.

Taking the mick out of Chong when Kolli is stood there seemed particularly strange!
Dykes sold apparently on 12:48 - Aug 28 with 3266 viewsdavman

Dykes sold apparently on 08:08 - Aug 28 by GaryHaddock

Has the sale of any player ever caused this much fuss on a QPR forum? Fascinating how he has split the fan base.

Not sure he divided us at all. We all appreciate the effort he put in, but he is limited and could not hit a cow's rear with a banjo and I think EVERYONE eventually came to that view, didn't we?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dykes sold apparently on 12:52 - Aug 28 with 3178 viewsNed_Kennedys

Dykes sold apparently on 12:48 - Aug 28 by davman

Not sure he divided us at all. We all appreciate the effort he put in, but he is limited and could not hit a cow's rear with a banjo and I think EVERYONE eventually came to that view, didn't we?

No not EVERYONE thought that.
Didn’t score enough goals like pretty much all the strikers we’ve had over the last decade: seemed to get more abuse off the keyboard warriors for it though than most of the others.
Dykes sold apparently on 13:07 - Aug 28 with 2932 viewsJevlar

I didn’t mind Lyndon but I think it’s time we all try something different now.

Oddly, for me his biggest flaw if ever there was one, was his general averageness in attributes.

Decent in the air but no Helguson
Quicker than Frey but hardly a speed merchant
Could put it about but didn’t enough
Not a natural finisher but good if he didn’t have time to think about it

Interesting to see if that’s that or we can go in the market for one more attacker
Dykes sold apparently on 13:08 - Aug 28 with 2924 viewsrichpr

He might have run alot but when was it ever effective? A bit more practising at getting in the right positions would have helped. Never that good in the air either IMO
Dykes sold apparently on 13:22 - Aug 28 with 2638 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Dykes sold apparently on 12:16 - Aug 28 by Lanhoop

Taking the mick out of Chong when Kolli is stood there seemed particularly strange!

I did suggest we should bring Koli on for a 'hair-off'. I think he may have won.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024