Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge 11:00 - Aug 15 with 13798 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge 15th Aug 2024 11:00
Rochdale AFC’s matchday programme – The Voice of Spotland – is back for Saturday’s Vanarama National League fixture against Dagenham & Redbridge. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 13:23 - Aug 15 with 6996 viewsTalkingSutty

Great to see. Salford City announced three days ago that they are discontinuing their matchday programme this season. They sold a average of 100 programmes for every home game last season, average home gates were 2700. TVOS is quality, that's why it wins so many awards and at £3 it's good value for money. It's important that if possible we all keep supporting the production and continue to buy a programme at home games.
[Post edited 15 Aug 13:26]
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 13:44 - Aug 15 with 6938 views100notout

I wonder how many we sell on average?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 20:24 - Aug 15 with 6649 views442Dale

https://rochdaleafc.co.uk/tvos-returns-for-24-25/

On this story it says “All this and more will be in Saturday’s The Voice of Spotland, on sale in the Club Shop and online, priced £3.00”

Presumably they missed the bit about them being sold around the ground by programme sellers, as not everyone who picks one up on the way in would go to the shop first.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 20:39 - Aug 15 with 6604 views442Dale

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 20:24 - Aug 15 by 442Dale

On this story it says “All this and more will be in Saturday’s The Voice of Spotland, on sale in the Club Shop and online, priced £3.00”

Presumably they missed the bit about them being sold around the ground by programme sellers, as not everyone who picks one up on the way in would go to the shop first.

Found this:
“ Programmes will only be available to purchase from the Club Shop before matches this season. A seller will also be on-hand inside the stadium from kick-off.”

https://rochdaleafc.co.uk/your-guide-to-saturdays-game/

Absolutely baffling move. “A seller”? Just the one? Are they going to be able to get round every stand to ensure sales are maximised during the game?

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 21:16 - Aug 15 with 6557 viewsTalkingSutty

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 20:39 - Aug 15 by 442Dale

Found this:
“ Programmes will only be available to purchase from the Club Shop before matches this season. A seller will also be on-hand inside the stadium from kick-off.”

Absolutely baffling move. “A seller”? Just the one? Are they going to be able to get round every stand to ensure sales are maximised during the game?

It's always one step forwards and two steps back with this club...can i ask who is responsible for coming up with decisions like this because its akin to self harming at a time when every penny counts? Is this decision designed to set the programme up to fail and be eventually discontinued because from a commercial point of view it doesn't make any sense? Sell them at the away turnstiles and at all the bars and food outlets. The person who has made this decision has made it more difficult for supporters to part with their money and buy a programme, has this person also decided to cut down the number of staff selling the half time draw tickets, or is that revenue somehow different? How will away fans know where to buy a programme, why not put a seller on the away turnstiles. One person selling the programme inside the stadium FROM kick off...so while people are watching the game? If they can find a way of reducing income and putting up barriers to deter fans from spending they will.

The Ogdens must be wondering who is responsible for coming up with these backward thinking ideas. I thought the idea was to try to maximise all revenue streams starting from this season? There are loads of staffed sale points in and around the ground ( probably about ten in total) so why not sell programmes in each of those and do something crazy like sticking up a sign and writing ' Programmes for sale' on it. How difficult is it and you dont need extra staff to do it? It's a defeatist attitude at the start of a new era to not attempt to increase sales of the matchday programme and it sends out the wrong message. Why has there been no consultation with the people who actually matter, the paying customers, the fans?
[Post edited 15 Aug 23:10]
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 23:55 - Aug 15 with 6314 viewspioneer

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 20:39 - Aug 15 by 442Dale

Found this:

Most people want their programme before the kick off. From kick off their attention is on the game.

Seems pointless bothering at all with the programme if this is how it will be distributed. Maybe that's the plan.
Very sad given together with the Wilbutts chippy it has consistenty ranked high for the club.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 08:44 - Aug 16 with 6059 viewsEllDale

Personally I want mine before the game to read up on the opposition.
I’ll walk round to the shop from the Sandy but it does seem daft. If there’s a queue to get into the shop it might deter people looking to buy stuff other than programmes.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 09:17 - Aug 16 with 5982 viewsramsdale

The only semi-feasible explanation for the decision is that if people have to go into the club shop to purchase it before the game, it does give the club a chance to upsell on other memorabilia.

From a commercial standpoint, they might think it will help increase individual purchase value, which could outweigh single sales of TVOS.

From a logical standpoint, I think it's pretty ridiculous.
Login to get fewer ads

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 09:23 - Aug 16 with 5972 viewsTalkingSutty

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 09:17 - Aug 16 by ramsdale

The only semi-feasible explanation for the decision is that if people have to go into the club shop to purchase it before the game, it does give the club a chance to upsell on other memorabilia.

From a commercial standpoint, they might think it will help increase individual purchase value, which could outweigh single sales of TVOS.

From a logical standpoint, I think it's pretty ridiculous.

It would also create a long line of people waiting to be served in a already congested little shop. Waiting to be served to buy a programme isn't what most fans would choose to do. Those wanting to buy merchandise wouldn't want to be stuck behind a queue of people buying programmes neither. It's not been thought out, there will no doubt be a rethink. We have to push every opportunity to make money now, not make it difficult for people to spend money.
[Post edited 16 Aug 9:27]
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 09:30 - Aug 16 with 5928 viewsEllDale

I’m sure there’s a reason but if the club aren’t careful then sales might drop.
How many people who walk up or down Sandy Lane buy a programme purely because they see one on sale?
I’m presuming that the pop-up shop by the car park has also been discontinued.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 11:39 - Aug 16 with 5744 viewsbluevein64

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 23:55 - Aug 15 by pioneer

Most people want their programme before the kick off. From kick off their attention is on the game.

Seems pointless bothering at all with the programme if this is how it will be distributed. Maybe that's the plan.
Very sad given together with the Wilbutts chippy it has consistenty ranked high for the club.

The plan is more like a classic marketing ploy "get em in the shop to buy a programme and they might see, like and buy some merchandise" !
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 11:50 - Aug 16 with 5709 viewsD_Alien

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 11:39 - Aug 16 by bluevein64

The plan is more like a classic marketing ploy "get em in the shop to buy a programme and they might see, like and buy some merchandise" !

If it is, it's bollocks

The queue (as already pointed out) would be off-putting to all but the most tenacious and it'd be mindlessly counterproductive

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 12:28 - Aug 16 with 5616 views_Windydale

Just to add for sellers inside/outside the ground, 'contactless' payment works for so many people I'm sure it would increase sales. I hardly ever carry money around anymore.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 12:50 - Aug 16 with 5563 viewsfrenzied

i have only a vague memory of this but i think its right?

many moons ago at Man Utd the match day programme used to incorporate a token..these were cut out and attached to token sheets..these tokens were then accumulated over the season and were used when there was limited allocation of tickets for say an away cup tie..so the more tokens you had the better chance you had of getting a ticket.

Perhaps we could have a similar incentive ie for purchases from club shop ..10 tokens 5% off?
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 13:16 - Aug 16 with 5489 views442Dale

The story has been updated:
“ All this and more will be in Saturday’s The Voice of Spotland, on sale in the Club Shop, bars, kiosks and online, priced £3.00.”

So now instead of going in the club shop to queue to buy a programme, supporters have the choice to go into a bar or to a kiosk to queue for one too.

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 13:33 - Aug 17 with 5006 viewsEllDale

Programme seller is outside as usual.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 13:45 - Aug 17 with 4958 views442Dale

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 13:33 - Aug 17 by EllDale

Programme seller is outside as usual.

Life finds a way.

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 14:47 - Aug 17 with 4710 viewsPeaky

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 13:45 - Aug 17 by 442Dale

Life finds a way.

Sorry for the post hijack but I believe it’s along the same lines. International postage is costing more than the product sent. Can the club find a cheaper shipper. A new dale shirt is going to cost me 80pounds. I have people wanting to buy stuff but it’s just not worth it. I presume there is a fair few exiles who want stuff.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 14:51 - Aug 17 with 4676 viewsdale1968

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 14:47 - Aug 17 by Peaky

Sorry for the post hijack but I believe it’s along the same lines. International postage is costing more than the product sent. Can the club find a cheaper shipper. A new dale shirt is going to cost me 80pounds. I have people wanting to buy stuff but it’s just not worth it. I presume there is a fair few exiles who want stuff.

Where is it shipping too please?

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 14:53 - Aug 17 with 4652 viewsPeaky

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 14:51 - Aug 17 by dale1968

Where is it shipping too please?

Australia
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 14:57 - Aug 17 with 4630 viewsPeaky

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 14:53 - Aug 17 by Peaky

Australia

41 pounds for the shirt and 33 pounds for delivery 😢
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 15:29 - Aug 17 with 4486 viewsDalenet

Got to ground with over 20 minutes to kick off and no programmes. Went to kiosk and they said they don't sell them.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 17:09 - Aug 17 with 4043 viewsJames1980

Oh wouldn't it have been great if we had taken those chances in the first half.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 17:22 - Aug 17 with 3954 viewsDalenet

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 17:09 - Aug 17 by James1980

Oh wouldn't it have been great if we had taken those chances in the first half.

Yes...but in most games one of those would go in. Dagenham were good at blocking us. Thought our free kick deserved to go in. Good start to the season and no disappointments on the pitch for me...hope Mitchell is okay
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 17:28 - Aug 17 with 3883 viewsJames1980

Sorry I feel quite low after that game. I wanted the 'Hope he proves me wrongers' to have been proven wrong.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024