Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge 11:00 - Aug 15 with 13800 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge 15th Aug 2024 11:00
Rochdale AFC’s matchday programme – The Voice of Spotland – is back for Saturday’s Vanarama National League fixture against Dagenham & Redbridge. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 17:33 - Aug 17 with 5893 viewsRodingdale

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 17:28 - Aug 17 by James1980

Sorry I feel quite low after that game. I wanted the 'Hope he proves me wrongers' to have been proven wrong.

We’ll know after 10 games, however I think Boston already know…
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 17:43 - Aug 17 with 5786 views49thseason

Lots better than most of what we saw last season, but, we still need a target man, Rodney is not a number 9 and if Mitchell isnt fit there is no plan "B" up front....
We could have been 2 or 3 up at half time with a bit of luck, and their keeper made a couple of excellent saves, so we have to be a bit more clinical. But, for a more or less new team, win one draw one is not a bad start....Not getting beaten at York would be a good result
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 17:52 - Aug 17 with 5690 viewsD_Alien

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 17:28 - Aug 17 by James1980

Sorry I feel quite low after that game. I wanted the 'Hope he proves me wrongers' to have been proven wrong.

If it's any consolation James, i could see improvements. We were getting the ball into the box more often instead of recycling it backwards from the edge of the area and the quality of most of the new signings looked like an upgrade on last season

In the end though, we failed to take advantage of our front two with Rodney and Mitchell pretty anonymous first half; McBride lacking in experience although he did contribute towards our equaliser

Very early days but i expect us to be in or around the playoffs based on first viewing. I have a feeling our away form will be key, when teams can't just sit deep against us and home results may be a bit mixed

Pleased for Allarakhia, clear MoM and deserved his goal. Edit: he was also playing against his home town team

[Post edited 17 Aug 18:49]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 17:54 - Aug 17 with 5682 viewsD_Alien

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 17:33 - Aug 17 by Rodingdale

We’ll know after 10 games, however I think Boston already know…

Puts our result last week into perspective

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 18:12 - Aug 17 with 5532 views442Dale

Our attacking play in the first half was good to watch and over the 90 minutes we got so many crosses into the box via the wing backs, frustratingly with nobody finding the required movement to get on the end of them. TAR could have had a couple himself first half either with the multitude of headers he seemed to have or following up after the keeper saved from Mitchell.

Overall though, it was another decent display and we look forward so much more than last season. It’s entertaining to watch, something many rightly pointed out was a necessity on a Saturday afternoon.

Fair play to Dagenham, hung in there and got a good breakaway goal, then even after we scored they managed to retain some control. They’ll view it as an excellent point, we should see it as one we wouldn’t have got last season alongside a performance that merited three.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 18:12 - Aug 17 with 5525 viewsDale69er

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 13:16 - Aug 16 by 442Dale

https://rochdaleafc.co.uk/tvos-returns-for-24-25/

The story has been updated:
“ All this and more will be in Saturday’s The Voice of Spotland, on sale in the Club Shop, bars, kiosks and online, priced £3.00.”

So now instead of going in the club shop to queue to buy a programme, supporters have the choice to go into a bar or to a kiosk to queue for one too.

Got mine in the Dale bar together with a pint as I have done for the last few seasons at least.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 18:26 - Aug 17 with 5414 viewsThreeLions

I enjoyed the game today. Attacking football makes such a difference. Although it was a draw I feel we were a much better side and looked much fitter and professional than Dagenham. The amount of time wasting by them trying to slow us down showed the higher level we were playing at. Hard couple of games now which will certainly bed in the new players in the team.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 19:09 - Aug 17 with 5149 viewsYorkshire_Dale

At least we got a well earned point and we are making chances, so progress there. Hope we don't rue the missed points much later on.....Daggers did well and you can see why Periera was in the Team of the Week along with Rodders last week, he may star again?

As long as we keep in touch with the top (with most of the usual suspects already showing) we could do well. A good result at York on Tuesday to keep morale going please.
Login to get fewer ads

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 19:44 - Aug 17 with 4941 viewsNorthernDale

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 18:12 - Aug 17 by 442Dale

Our attacking play in the first half was good to watch and over the 90 minutes we got so many crosses into the box via the wing backs, frustratingly with nobody finding the required movement to get on the end of them. TAR could have had a couple himself first half either with the multitude of headers he seemed to have or following up after the keeper saved from Mitchell.

Overall though, it was another decent display and we look forward so much more than last season. It’s entertaining to watch, something many rightly pointed out was a necessity on a Saturday afternoon.

Fair play to Dagenham, hung in there and got a good breakaway goal, then even after we scored they managed to retain some control. They’ll view it as an excellent point, we should see it as one we wouldn’t have got last season alongside a performance that merited three.

I would have to agree, our wingers constantly beat their defenders in the first half, we passed the ball well and more incisive then last season. However at times we reverted to passing it about the back, like last season, but it was certainly an improvement on last season. I was disappointed we did not win, because going forward we looked good.

I must given credit to Dagenham, their players threw their bodies in front of Dale shots and their defenders fought for every ball, in any other game I would have imagined Dale would have got a couple of goals. Dagenhams Pereira looks a very good player and took his goal well, which I think was Dagenhams only serious shot on target.

McNulty in his post match indicates he is still looking to recruit, which can only be a good sign for the season.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 20:13 - Aug 17 with 4784 viewsNigeriamark

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 19:44 - Aug 17 by NorthernDale

I would have to agree, our wingers constantly beat their defenders in the first half, we passed the ball well and more incisive then last season. However at times we reverted to passing it about the back, like last season, but it was certainly an improvement on last season. I was disappointed we did not win, because going forward we looked good.

I must given credit to Dagenham, their players threw their bodies in front of Dale shots and their defenders fought for every ball, in any other game I would have imagined Dale would have got a couple of goals. Dagenhams Pereira looks a very good player and took his goal well, which I think was Dagenhams only serious shot on target.

McNulty in his post match indicates he is still looking to recruit, which can only be a good sign for the season.

Last season we would have lost that game by a goal as we did many times. However we stuck with it and equalised. Overall can't be disappointed with that display as we played both short and long balls, mixed it up and played very little Tippy Tippy stuff like last year. D&R defended well, but although their keeper made a good save, Mitchell should have scored that free header in the first half.

I just hope we can get some more home wins this season, because those are the games most fans see and puts bums on seats. I think everyone will have enjoyed some good football today but the 3 pointers need to start coming in at the COA
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 20:49 - Aug 17 with 4583 viewsDaley_Lama

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 20:13 - Aug 17 by Nigeriamark

Last season we would have lost that game by a goal as we did many times. However we stuck with it and equalised. Overall can't be disappointed with that display as we played both short and long balls, mixed it up and played very little Tippy Tippy stuff like last year. D&R defended well, but although their keeper made a good save, Mitchell should have scored that free header in the first half.

I just hope we can get some more home wins this season, because those are the games most fans see and puts bums on seats. I think everyone will have enjoyed some good football today but the 3 pointers need to start coming in at the COA

Daggers came to defend, hoy us on the break and use gamesmanship to its fullest.

Defending 9/10
Hit on the break 5/10 (could have got a second but good defending/fall over claiming a penalty )
Gamesmanship 7/10 Will see worse, but usual time-wasting, keeper doing Pickfords, deathmarch walks for throw-ins and substitutes etc.

At least they gave us a couple of laughable strops, lad tantrum when his boot got broken and best of all their keeper calling medical helicopter for the CH who headed out for a corner and decided to feign multiple injuries until the ref said get up and he did.

I wouldn’t expect D&R to trouble the playoffs based on that, out chances of doing so will rely on being a bit sharper up front when dominating like we did first half.

Great save from Pickford from Eels free header first half.

Tarin Man of Match before he scored

Poll: DF in or out

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 22:54 - Aug 17 with 4076 viewsNewbury_Dale

That was a bad miss from Kairo at 0-0. Keeper made the save but he should have buried it. If Rodney is going to play wider, then on the basis of the first two games, we are going to need a better central striker than Kairo if we are to meet our goals this season.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 23:07 - Aug 17 with 4025 viewsmikehunt

Very good point really. We did batter them. How many corners did we have? I can't remember a game where we had as many. They scored the classic breakaway goal. Our keeper, maybe, could have done better with such a long range shot.
Daggers were geared up to defend and they nearly pissed on our chips. It would have been an absolute travesty had we not got something out of that game. As I say, a very good point in the end.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 01:55 - Aug 18 with 3781 viewsdalebolt

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 23:07 - Aug 17 by mikehunt

Very good point really. We did batter them. How many corners did we have? I can't remember a game where we had as many. They scored the classic breakaway goal. Our keeper, maybe, could have done better with such a long range shot.
Daggers were geared up to defend and they nearly pissed on our chips. It would have been an absolute travesty had we not got something out of that game. As I say, a very good point in the end.

When on top today we could have had two or three and like others have said we were denied by some absolute resolute Dagenham defending. Was directly behind Pereiras shot for Daggers goal and he simply bent it around McNichols perfectly , no fault at all from our keeper. Could have been game over but we stuck at it and got the minimum we deserved.
Overall some very encouraging signs, I like the fact that we look to get it wide and whip in crosses at the earliest opportunity. Thought Adebayo had a good game. Midfield looks strong and we have a much stronger bench than last season. Definitely need another centre forward if not just for options.
Anyhow good start to the season, but a couple of tough tests coming up which may give a more realistic perspective of where we are at.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 06:00 - Aug 18 with 3644 viewsD_Alien

Agree about their goal (in reply to dalebolt). I too was pretty much in line from the Pearl St and as soon as it left his boot i thought "it's in" - no fault of our keeper at all

One aspect to consider for JM - they left a lad upfield at our (many) corners and we left just one covering defender. Most teams would leave two back to cover. That left us more than usually exposed when they broke quickly, and indeed our covering defender ended up faced with two players to mark, giving their scorer space to line his shot up as if on the training ground

Just a thought; and also how that applies if we were to leave a man upfield at opposition corners - in fact, the perfect example of it, should any of us have doubted otherwise
[Post edited 18 Aug 6:04]

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 06:23 - Aug 18 with 3621 viewsTalkingSutty

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 06:00 - Aug 18 by D_Alien

Agree about their goal (in reply to dalebolt). I too was pretty much in line from the Pearl St and as soon as it left his boot i thought "it's in" - no fault of our keeper at all

One aspect to consider for JM - they left a lad upfield at our (many) corners and we left just one covering defender. Most teams would leave two back to cover. That left us more than usually exposed when they broke quickly, and indeed our covering defender ended up faced with two players to mark, giving their scorer space to line his shot up as if on the training ground

Just a thought; and also how that applies if we were to leave a man upfield at opposition corners - in fact, the perfect example of it, should any of us have doubted otherwise
[Post edited 18 Aug 6:04]

Good point that about us leaving one on one with their forward. In fact it's something that their manager identified before the game, he mentions it in his post match interview. Good management so hats off to him.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 09:07 - Aug 18 with 3237 viewsPearl_v_Sandy

Pearl 1 Sandy 0
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 09:22 - Aug 18 with 3127 views442Dale

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 06:23 - Aug 18 by TalkingSutty

Good point that about us leaving one on one with their forward. In fact it's something that their manager identified before the game, he mentions it in his post match interview. Good management so hats off to him.

It was a noticeable issue throughout the game, especially as we had so many corners (can’t find the final count anywhere, anyone know?)

The option was probably leaving TAR back too but he got free at so many corners for headers himself, either that or Allarakhia a bit deeper rather than being stood near the taker.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 09:34 - Aug 18 with 3076 viewssamueloneils

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 01:55 - Aug 18 by dalebolt

When on top today we could have had two or three and like others have said we were denied by some absolute resolute Dagenham defending. Was directly behind Pereiras shot for Daggers goal and he simply bent it around McNichols perfectly , no fault at all from our keeper. Could have been game over but we stuck at it and got the minimum we deserved.
Overall some very encouraging signs, I like the fact that we look to get it wide and whip in crosses at the earliest opportunity. Thought Adebayo had a good game. Midfield looks strong and we have a much stronger bench than last season. Definitely need another centre forward if not just for options.
Anyhow good start to the season, but a couple of tough tests coming up which may give a more realistic perspective of where we are at.

Obviously moving in the right direction.

But....

If we dont get hold of another striker, I think it might become a long season for us.

Lesson should have been learnt from last season.

Why the last 2 signings?
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 11:11 - Aug 18 with 2752 viewsSaxonDale

I was impressed and thought we were unlucky to not win by 2 or 3. Credit to Dagenham for defending, frustrating and breaking away effectively. As 442 mentioned, they managed the last section of the game excellently.

We’re clearly a much better outfit than last year and I don’t think teams will be able to sit in and frustrate us as effectively as they did last season. We created enough chances to win comfortably yesterday and I think chances will only increase once players get used to playing alongside each other. Both wing-backs impressed for different reasons. Think Allarakia (sp) has a touch of Grealish in his ability to bring players towards him before releasing the ball. Don’t think we’ve seen consistent deliveries on a par with TAR since Bunney at his best.

Been mentioned by others but think we need competition for Mitchell as it’s clear Rodney needs a physical presence to play off to be at his best. Small tweak but would also like to see the keeper release the ball a bit quicker at times. I’m sure that will come with time though.

Final thing- our corners and free kicks were generally excellent yesterday. It makes such a positive difference. Onto a very challenging Tuesday.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 11:41 - Aug 18 with 2590 viewsTVOS1907

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 09:22 - Aug 18 by 442Dale

It was a noticeable issue throughout the game, especially as we had so many corners (can’t find the final count anywhere, anyone know?)

The option was probably leaving TAR back too but he got free at so many corners for headers himself, either that or Allarakhia a bit deeper rather than being stood near the taker.

15 corners

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 13:20 - Aug 18 with 2287 viewskel

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 11:41 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

15 corners

*corner balls.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 14:16 - Aug 18 with 2082 viewsD_Alien

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 13:20 - Aug 18 by kel

*corner balls.

Otherwise it's a pentadecagon

TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 16:43 - Aug 18 with 1789 viewsjonahwhereru

From a distance, highlights only, that was encouraging. Interesting comments about another forward. I thought M&R really started to gel at the end of last season and they have plenty of goals in them this season. However it is clear that Rodders is not best served playing as a centre forward. They also both have their injury issue and Hendo is not a 30 plus starts player these days. If you bring in a traditional target man I see it only being as cover for the two who started yesterday. Can see the club waiting a a good few games, perhaps until the close of the FL window, before tying to pick up a reasonable FL journeyman.
The current formation eases the issue of a lack of centre half’s, but I could see a young loanee from a FL side coming in.
With 3 games in 6 days it will be interesting to see how the squad is utilised this week.
Predictions:
Top 10 finish
Positive goal difference of at least 12
Therefore McNulty stays in role for the duration of the season.
TVOS - Rochdale v Dagenham & Redbridge on 13:48 - Aug 19 with 864 viewsBillyRudd

One swallow a summer does not make but regardless of our ultimate league position this season, that was head and shoulders above the absolute tripe of last season. A desire to get forward and wingers willing to get the ball across equates to entertainment.
For the first time in what seems an eternity I find myself looking forward to next Saturday.
On a minor issue I thought the referee had a decent game except for his refusal to allow us to restart the game in the second half with a throw in because the Dagenham team were on the touchline taking light refreshments! We were ready, it was Dagenhams own actions that led them not to be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024