Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ruben Providence 17:44 - Aug 3 with 20431 viewsKeithHaynes

Didn’t get much of a game but looked lively.

I reckon we will snap him up.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ruben Providence on 13:14 - Aug 4 with 1502 viewsBoundy

Ruben Providence on 12:31 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

Should be basic skill

It's not just the way the player receives the ball but also which way he'll either feint or turn with the ball. I can receive a a ball and kick with either foot but my instinct will be to turn into my left.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Ruben Providence on 13:29 - Aug 4 with 1448 viewsRichardO

Ruben Providence on 13:14 - Aug 4 by Boundy

It's not just the way the player receives the ball but also which way he'll either feint or turn with the ball. I can receive a a ball and kick with either foot but my instinct will be to turn into my left.

It is up to the player passing the ball to decide where and if they play into a player, for example if the opposition player is tight on the receiver right hand side, a ball to the left means the receiver has the chance to turn the pressing player, the good pass makes the decision for the receiver regardless of which foot he prefers. Quality of the pass and descions making.
Ruben Providence on 13:34 - Aug 4 with 1432 viewsTheAlpineShrew

Could RP be signed in a "utility" role? Covering bith wings, No 10 and up top?

Could be a very mobile front line of Eom, RP & Ronald
Ruben Providence on 13:50 - Aug 4 with 1368 viewsFireboy2

Ruben Providence on 13:34 - Aug 4 by TheAlpineShrew

He looked like he could be good on the wing and at no10, not too sure at no9 though.

I think even after only seeing him for a few minutes we should sign him, he surely won't cost alot.
Ruben Providence on 14:00 - Aug 4 with 1336 viewsonehunglow

Ruben Providence on 13:14 - Aug 4 by Boundy

I can kick with both feet,pass a rugby ball with either hand ,bowl right arm cricket but bat left handed .
I’m nothing special

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ruben Providence on 14:13 - Aug 4 with 1294 viewsjack247

Ruben Providence on 12:25 - Aug 4 by builthjack

I remember as a kid, about 8 or 9, our sports teacher making us use our “other foot”.
It was drilled into us.
No professional player should have to spin around to use their only foot. Grimes a prime example.

It’s not as if they can’t do it. Using Grines as example, all things being equal, i.e. not up against the touchline or an opponent tight to his left, you’d want to pass to his left, so he’s a split second quicker/slightly more accurate with his first touch.

Not as if he won’t be able to control it if you do pass it to his right.
Ruben Providence on 14:16 - Aug 4 with 1289 viewsjack247

Ruben Providence on 13:29 - Aug 4 by RichardO

It is up to the player passing the ball to decide where and if they play into a player, for example if the opposition player is tight on the receiver right hand side, a ball to the left means the receiver has the chance to turn the pressing player, the good pass makes the decision for the receiver regardless of which foot he prefers. Quality of the pass and descions making.

Yes, this is more important, as are other variables like if he’s side on, you pass it to the side which means he’s running onto it towards goal/away from opponents.
Ruben Providence on 14:17 - Aug 4 with 1279 viewsonehunglow

Ruben Providence on 14:13 - Aug 4 by jack247

It’s not as if they can’t do it. Using Grines as example, all things being equal, i.e. not up against the touchline or an opponent tight to his left, you’d want to pass to his left, so he’s a split second quicker/slightly more accurate with his first touch.

Not as if he won’t be able to control it if you do pass it to his right.

They can do it physically . It’s a comfort issue with most

Login to get fewer ads

Ruben Providence on 14:22 - Aug 4 with 1258 viewsjack247

Ruben Providence on 14:00 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

I can kick with both feet,pass a rugby ball with either hand ,bowl right arm cricket but bat left handed .
I’m nothing special

Rugby is actually a good way to illustrate this. Every scrum half will be able to pass to their left or their right accurately and easily. Almost every one of them will have a preferred direction though because it’s simply easier for a right handed player to pass to his right and vice versa.

That will be way, way down the list when they are deciding which way to go, but they’ll still be better passing to their dominant side.
Ruben Providence on 14:25 - Aug 4 with 1252 viewsjack247

Ruben Providence on 14:17 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

They can do it physically . It’s a comfort issue with most

Of course. Grimes isn’t going to go to pieces if you pass it to his right. He’ll shift it to his left within the first touch or two though, because if he’s looking to play a difficult ball or shoot, that’s where he wants it.
Ruben Providence on 14:28 - Aug 4 with 1227 viewsjack247

Ruben Providence on 13:34 - Aug 4 by TheAlpineShrew

Yes. Even if he comes off the bench to add a bit of energy for 15 minutes.

I know it’s hard to judge him on a cameo appearance. It frustrates me when people write players off after a game or two and this is the other side of the same coin. That was probably the best I’ve seen a trialist play for us though.
Ruben Providence on 14:30 - Aug 4 with 1210 viewsonehunglow

Ruben Providence on 14:25 - Aug 4 by jack247

Of course. Grimes isn’t going to go to pieces if you pass it to his right. He’ll shift it to his left within the first touch or two though, because if he’s looking to play a difficult ball or shoot, that’s where he wants it.

He’s a frustrating figure for me.
He can really play but my opinion is he is not being utilised as he should .
Do I know better than they coaches we’ve had
Maybe
Maybe not
But his goal strike shows what he can do,when taking the chance
No coach IMO has urged him to advance preferring him to play as an auxiliary CH when all he dies is get in the way

Anyway

Ruben Providence on 14:32 - Aug 4 with 1204 viewsWhiterockin

This is why coaches emphasise how important the first touch is, it's normal to control the ball to their favoured position even if they are two footed.
Ruben Providence on 14:36 - Aug 4 with 1186 viewsjack247

Ruben Providence on 14:30 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

He’s a frustrating figure for me.
He can really play but my opinion is he is not being utilised as he should .
Do I know better than they coaches we’ve had
Maybe
Maybe not
But his goal strike shows what he can do,when taking the chance
No coach IMO has urged him to advance preferring him to play as an auxiliary CH when all he dies is get in the way

Anyway

Yes. He played a bit further forward yesterday with Franco in the team. He was advanced enough to receive the pass and shoot a couple of seconds after Thomas turned it over deep in their half.

It’s not just about what he can do, it’s about what his teammates can or can’t do as well. He’s usually our deepest midfielder because Fulton is the only other who can play there and he hates receiving the ball under pressure facing our goal.
Ruben Providence on 14:37 - Aug 4 with 1180 viewssons_of_omri

Ruben Providence on 12:31 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

Should be basic skill

It’s laziness on Grimes part. Or arrogance
Ruben Providence on 14:39 - Aug 4 with 1168 viewsFireboy2

Well you can't have watched him much then as he does panic when he gets the ball on his right side, it takes time for him to switch and therefore more time for oppo to close him down, it's happened plenty of times, every team presses him more on his left hand side and when he receives it on his right they press quicker, that's why he's far better further up the pitch just in front of the centre halves where they can't press him therefore giving him more time in a more dangerous position, eg his goal yesterday.
Ruben Providence on 14:39 - Aug 4 with 1169 viewsonehunglow

Ruben Providence on 14:37 - Aug 4 by sons_of_omri

It’s laziness on Grimes part. Or arrogance

He can be a really good player for us if used correctly .Hes not
He hasn’t been

Ruben Providence on 14:42 - Aug 4 with 1156 viewsjack247

Ruben Providence on 14:32 - Aug 4 by Whiterockin

This is why coaches emphasise how important the first touch is, it's normal to control the ball to their favoured position even if they are two footed.

Sure. I’m right footed. I can control it with either foot, but I’ll naturally shift it in to my right unless there’s a quick, easy pass on.

All passing to the stronger foot does is remove that. I can guarantee you they’ll all have a favoured foot and teammates will aim to hit that everything else being equal.
Ruben Providence on 14:47 - Aug 4 with 1129 viewsonehunglow

Ruben Providence on 14:22 - Aug 4 by jack247

Rugby is actually a good way to illustrate this. Every scrum half will be able to pass to their left or their right accurately and easily. Almost every one of them will have a preferred direction though because it’s simply easier for a right handed player to pass to his right and vice versa.

That will be way, way down the list when they are deciding which way to go, but they’ll still be better passing to their dominant side.

I’m right handed but passing to my right was more natural
Drop clicking with “ wrong” foot far harder than in football ,unless you’re Jonny bluddy Wilco

Ruben Providence on 14:52 - Aug 4 with 1116 viewsjack247

Ruben Providence on 14:47 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

I’m right handed but passing to my right was more natural
Drop clicking with “ wrong” foot far harder than in football ,unless you’re Jonny bluddy Wilco

There we go. This is exactly why players look to pass to teammates dominant feet.

Impressive effort from Providence.
Ruben Providence on 14:54 - Aug 4 with 1108 viewsonehunglow

Ruben Providence on 14:52 - Aug 4 by jack247

There we go. This is exactly why players look to pass to teammates dominant feet.

I like him too.
He’s got chutzpah

Ruben Providence on 15:16 - Aug 4 with 1034 viewsjack247

Ruben Providence on 14:39 - Aug 4 by Fireboy2

Well you can't have watched him much then as he does panic when he gets the ball on his right side, it takes time for him to switch and therefore more time for oppo to close him down, it's happened plenty of times, every team presses him more on his left hand side and when he receives it on his right they press quicker, that's why he's far better further up the pitch just in front of the centre halves where they can't press him therefore giving him more time in a more dangerous position, eg his goal yesterday.

I think that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but it illustrates the point perfectly.

Would Providence have known that about Grimes and every other player on the pitch?
Ruben Providence on 15:17 - Aug 4 with 1029 viewsRichardO

Ruben Providence on 14:52 - Aug 4 by jack247

By putting a quicker ball to Grimes it gave him the option to hit the ball first time with his right or feign that shot and get it onto his preferred left, all about first time balls and weight of pass which Ruben got right.
Ruben Providence on 15:48 - Aug 4 with 925 viewsjack247

Ruben Providence on 15:17 - Aug 4 by RichardO

By putting a quicker ball to Grimes it gave him the option to hit the ball first time with his right or feign that shot and get it onto his preferred left, all about first time balls and weight of pass which Ruben got right.

He couldn’t play it to his left from there. They were square on and Grimes was to his left. All he could do was put it in front of him and let Grimes make the decision.

Unless you’re saying he could have played a slower ball which would have forced Grimes to use his right?

Definitely the correct pass.
Ruben Providence on 17:06 - Aug 4 with 810 viewsFireboy2

Ruben Providence on 15:48 - Aug 4 by jack247

He couldn’t play it to his left from there. They were square on and Grimes was to his left. All he could do was put it in front of him and let Grimes make the decision.

Unless you’re saying he could have played a slower ball which would have forced Grimes to use his right?

Definitely the correct pass.

It was a great pass from Thomas who initially won the ball to RP whose quick ball to grimes gave him a bit of time to let the ball run onto his favoured left to smash it in the bottom right of the goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024