Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans 16:40 - Aug 1 with 8165 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62702/

Latest, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 08:46 - Aug 2 with 1705 viewsWhiterockin

Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 08:32 - Aug 2 by AnotherJohn

Would you say the same about an EF League 1 player who had 10 goals in 37 appearances though? I'm not saying he won't turn out to be a good signing, but my sense is that some are going overboard before we have seen the player in action.

We were crying out for this type of forward last season. If he was only able to get on the end of 10% of last seasons balls into the box he would have easily passed 10 goals. Personally I think a decent forward would have scored 20.
Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 09:14 - Aug 2 with 1593 viewsLegend83

Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 08:32 - Aug 2 by AnotherJohn

Would you say the same about an EF League 1 player who had 10 goals in 37 appearances though? I'm not saying he won't turn out to be a good signing, but my sense is that some are going overboard before we have seen the player in action.

Oh don't get me wrong, the proof will be in the pudding. But the stats and reels suggest he knows where the goal is and he seems to have a bit of swagger about him.

You could make an argument either way on the promise, but I will stay positive until proven otherwise .
Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 09:36 - Aug 2 with 1517 viewsRichardO

Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 08:46 - Aug 2 by Whiterockin

We were crying out for this type of forward last season. If he was only able to get on the end of 10% of last seasons balls into the box he would have easily passed 10 goals. Personally I think a decent forward would have scored 20.

You still need other players getting in the box to support his movement rather than having two or three players sitting on the edge of the box who are not pulling defenders about to create space.
Must remembering you have to have enough players with pace to counter any break away, right players in the right positions so we have the right balance to support our forwards while keeping our defence solid
Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 09:42 - Aug 2 with 1485 viewsAnotherJohn

Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 09:14 - Aug 2 by Legend83

Oh don't get me wrong, the proof will be in the pudding. But the stats and reels suggest he knows where the goal is and he seems to have a bit of swagger about him.

You could make an argument either way on the promise, but I will stay positive until proven otherwise .

Fair enough. We all hope.
Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 10:42 - Aug 2 with 1322 viewsonehunglow

Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 09:14 - Aug 2 by Legend83

I’m hoping he’s dessert rather than a pudding

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 10:54 - Aug 2 with 1302 viewssons_of_omri

Hang on mate, with the greatest of respect how many of those league one players could play full international football at 21/22 years old? And in a decent side too.

The other way of describing his season at Bordeaux would be to say that without him they would have been relegated. He , like Piroe with us sometimes carried the team . Piroe was perfect for us because our build up play was desperately poor - he could score goals out of nothing. This lad can shoot equally well with either foot, can head the ball and like Piroe critically has vision and awareness. With the supply line we are assembling I think he will possibly do ever better than Piroe.
If that happens we will be in a good place this season
Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 11:04 - Aug 2 with 1273 viewssons_of_omri

Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 09:36 - Aug 2 by RichardO

You still need other players getting in the box to support his movement rather than having two or three players sitting on the edge of the box who are not pulling defenders about to create space.
Must remembering you have to have enough players with pace to counter any break away, right players in the right positions so we have the right balance to support our forwards while keeping our defence solid

This is why Luke has to think to himself - do I stick to the Russell system of trying to bore the opposition into submission with meaningless passing around the back four like England or utilise the amazing pace we have and get the ball forward quickly using Franco to ping out to either wing and get the ball in front of Ronald and Eom because their pace will get them in behind easily.

It’s a pivotal moment for Luke to really put a marker on this team. The Cardiff game showed how exciting we can be going forward but we will have a much better side to implement this now. It might mean a renaissance for Cooper who has the ability but will maybe thrive in a quicker passing style.

We all watched in horror when sides like Leicester, Leeds , Southampton and Ipswich came at us with lightning quick attacking play - let that be us this season.
Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 11:31 - Aug 2 with 1203 viewsRichardO

Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 11:04 - Aug 2 by sons_of_omri

This is why Luke has to think to himself - do I stick to the Russell system of trying to bore the opposition into submission with meaningless passing around the back four like England or utilise the amazing pace we have and get the ball forward quickly using Franco to ping out to either wing and get the ball in front of Ronald and Eom because their pace will get them in behind easily.

It’s a pivotal moment for Luke to really put a marker on this team. The Cardiff game showed how exciting we can be going forward but we will have a much better side to implement this now. It might mean a renaissance for Cooper who has the ability but will maybe thrive in a quicker passing style.

We all watched in horror when sides like Leicester, Leeds , Southampton and Ipswich came at us with lightning quick attacking play - let that be us this season.

Lowe did some valuable tracking back last season using his pace to counter opposition surges through the middle hopefully Franco can negate the need for forwards to track back so much as we know both Grimes and Fulton struggle once a pacey player has got past them, Downes ended up from looking like a good prospect going forward then spent a lot of his time covering although in his time here Fulton was sidelined initially in Martin's first year.
Be interesting to see who Williams uses in the midfield during the 90 minutes, Fulton had been used quite often as a defensive player defending leads, useful given his height to defend set pieces.
Login to get fewer ads

Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 12:04 - Aug 2 with 1110 viewsonehunglow

Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 10:54 - Aug 2 by sons_of_omri

Hang on mate, with the greatest of respect how many of those league one players could play full international football at 21/22 years old? And in a decent side too.

The other way of describing his season at Bordeaux would be to say that without him they would have been relegated. He , like Piroe with us sometimes carried the team . Piroe was perfect for us because our build up play was desperately poor - he could score goals out of nothing. This lad can shoot equally well with either foot, can head the ball and like Piroe critically has vision and awareness. With the supply line we are assembling I think he will possibly do ever better than Piroe.

I’m positive or ill .Dont know which

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 12:37 - Aug 2 with 1053 viewsAnotherJohn

Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 10:54 - Aug 2 by sons_of_omri

There are a few youngish players with recent caps in L1 – e.g. Callum Styles, Krystian Bielik, Juninho Bacuna, Seung-ho Paik, Ilmari Niskanen.

The season ended with Bordeaux dropping from L2 into National 1, so although this was due to mainly financial reasons, Vipotnik didn't do enough to save them.

I'm not saying Vipotnik is no good, just not to get too excited before we see how he settles in the Championship.
Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 13:28 - Aug 2 with 943 viewsThurrockJack92

Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 12:37 - Aug 2 by AnotherJohn

There are a few youngish players with recent caps in L1 – e.g. Callum Styles, Krystian Bielik, Juninho Bacuna, Seung-ho Paik, Ilmari Niskanen.

The season ended with Bordeaux dropping from L2 into National 1, so although this was due to mainly financial reasons, Vipotnik didn't do enough to save them.

I'm not saying Vipotnik is no good, just not to get too excited before we see how he settles in the Championship.

"The season ended with Bordeaux dropping from L2 into National 1, so although this was due to mainly financial reasons, Vipotnik didn't do enough to save them."

Absolutely nothing to do with anything on the pitch, so has no baring on the conversation.
Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 13:53 - Aug 2 with 877 viewsAnotherJohn

Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 13:28 - Aug 2 by ThurrockJack92

"The season ended with Bordeaux dropping from L2 into National 1, so although this was due to mainly financial reasons, Vipotnik didn't do enough to save them."

Absolutely nothing to do with anything on the pitch, so has no baring on the conversation.

"without him they would have been relegated".

I merely made the point that this was mute, as the club did end up in National 1 for other reasons. Presumably had Bordeaux had a great season on the pitch and bigger crowds then the outcome might have been different.
Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 21:51 - Aug 2 with 639 viewssons_of_omri

Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 13:53 - Aug 2 by AnotherJohn

"without him they would have been relegated".

I merely made the point that this was mute, as the club did end up in National 1 for other reasons. Presumably had Bordeaux had a great season on the pitch and bigger crowds then the outcome might have been different.

Come on John, he’s a good young international player- I know like the rest of us you’ve been let down before but this signing is different gravy.
Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 08:01 - Aug 3 with 522 viewsAnotherJohn

Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 21:51 - Aug 2 by sons_of_omri

Come on John, he’s a good young international player- I know like the rest of us you’ve been let down before but this signing is different gravy.

Hope so, but am just trying to keep my feet on the ground until I see said player in action. We are all on the same side, it is just a matter of degrees of optimism. We will know fairly soon. As others have said, Vipotnik will need service, and other signings will come into the picture. I will say though that things look a tad brighter than they did a few weeks ago.
Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 09:10 - Aug 3 with 445 viewsGVJack

Žan Vipotnik : Agent urges caution but there is a link to the Swans on 08:01 - Aug 3 by AnotherJohn

Hope so, but am just trying to keep my feet on the ground until I see said player in action. We are all on the same side, it is just a matter of degrees of optimism. We will know fairly soon. As others have said, Vipotnik will need service, and other signings will come into the picture. I will say though that things look a tad brighter than they did a few weeks ago.

I'm edging on the side of caution too. He'll possibly need time to adjust to playing in this side/league. Not expecting too much first year. 25 goals will do
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024