Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Sala saga continues 20:15 - May 9 with 8225 viewsKeithHaynes

From their OS.

The Swiss Federal Tribunal has decided that the Court of Arbitration in Sport doesn’t have jurisdiction to deal with Cardiff City’s claim for damages against FC Nantes.

This isn’t a surprise, and the Club has already prepared separate legal action against them which will be started straightaway as FC Nantes must be held responsible for the accident organised by their agent.

This will be to recover what the Club paid for Emiliano and additional damages for further consequential losses.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 00:21 - May 14 with 1209 viewsModeratorD

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 17:18 - May 12 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Sorry mods reported this as abuse by accident fat fingers again.

Wondered what you were reading into it that I couldn't see
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 08:19 - May 14 with 1131 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 22:31 - May 13 by ReslovenSwan1

The agent was representing Nantes and would get paid by Nantes. Nantes told the player (presumably) to follow the instructions of the agent knowing the agent was unlicensed.

Had Nantes told the player the agent was a bankrupt and banned from acting as agent the player would not have not trusted him and possibly not got on that 'dodgey' airplane flown by a dodgey' pilot.

Nantes had a duty of care to the player but were only interested in the £15m and did not give a fig. Once he was a Cardiff player player they cared even less. Not good enough.

"Nantes had a duty of care to the player but were only interested in the £15m and did not give a fig."

One could say the same about Cardiff since the accident.
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 13:55 - May 14 with 1056 viewsSuperjan

The agent was representing Nantes and would get paid by Nantes. Nantes told the player (presumably) to follow the instructions of the agent knowing the agent was unlicensed.

Had Nantes told the player the agent was a bankrupt and banned from acting as agent the player would not have not trusted him and possibly not got on that 'dodgey' airplane flown by a dodgey' pilot.

Nantes had a duty of care to the player but were only interested in the £15m and did not give a fig. Once he was a Cardiff player player they cared even less. Not good enough.

You seem to make an awful lot of assumptions in forming your view of this matter . Irrespective of the clubs involved and without wishing to sound to brutal , Nantes had sold their asset , that asset was no longer their responsibility. Cardiff have tried unsuccessfully to argue that the sale wasn’t complete and that he wasn’t their player. Those are facts . What I find weird is your view of Mr Tan because it appears to me that irrespective of his wealth he has tried everything to shirk his contractual obligation.
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 14:51 - May 14 with 1033 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 13:55 - May 14 by Superjan

You seem to make an awful lot of assumptions in forming your view of this matter . Irrespective of the clubs involved and without wishing to sound to brutal , Nantes had sold their asset , that asset was no longer their responsibility. Cardiff have tried unsuccessfully to argue that the sale wasn’t complete and that he wasn’t their player. Those are facts . What I find weird is your view of Mr Tan because it appears to me that irrespective of his wealth he has tried everything to shirk his contractual obligation.

No one doubts what you say. You comment has added nothing to the debate. The player was Cardiff staff.

Tan has a £15m bill and this is due to Cardiff staff and Nantes staff not following the principles of "duty of care". The cost should be shared is my argument.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 14:54 - May 14 with 1032 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 08:19 - May 14 by Whiterockin

"Nantes had a duty of care to the player but were only interested in the £15m and did not give a fig."

One could say the same about Cardiff since the accident.

Yes both are at fault but primarily Nantes. They did no checks it seems on the activities of an agent they must have no known was banned from football.

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 15:23 - May 14 with 1015 viewsSuperjan

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 14:51 - May 14 by ReslovenSwan1

No one doubts what you say. You comment has added nothing to the debate. The player was Cardiff staff.

Tan has a £15m bill and this is due to Cardiff staff and Nantes staff not following the principles of "duty of care". The cost should be shared is my argument.

“ the player was Cardiff staff “ , exactly. There is no debate.
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 15:38 - May 14 with 990 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 15:23 - May 14 by Superjan

This is old news and nothing to do with Cardiff suing Nantes.

They are not suing Nantes claiming he was still a Nantes player.

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 15:47 - May 14 with 991 viewsSullutaCreturned

The agent reresented Nantes...if true then he rpresented them for the transfer, once the deal was done so was Nantes responsibility to the player.

Have you any proof Nantes were involved in organising the flight?

How can Nantes order a player who doesn't belong to them to follow an agents instructions? That is more grasping at straws to support a straw man argument. Can my former employer order me to do anything?

Nantes duty of care ended when Sala was sold, as soon as he was a Cardiff City player, Nantes had no further interest.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 15:50 - May 14 with 989 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 15:23 - May 14 by Superjan

Well there shouldn't be which leads me to believe there is a WUM or a troll amongst us.

I guess we will find out either way once the civil case is completed.
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 16:39 - May 14 with 958 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 14:54 - May 14 by ReslovenSwan1

Yes both are at fault but primarily Nantes. They did no checks it seems on the activities of an agent they must have no known was banned from football.

Cardiff also had dealings with the agent to completethe transfer, so they are equally to blame. They should have checked and if not happy walked away.
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 16:44 - May 14 with 956 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Two men have died in a major international aviation incident. If the agent was in any way a contributory factor to those deaths he’d be awaiting trial or behind bars by now. There’s absolutely no suggestion that anybody representing either Cardiff city or Nantes has acted in an illegal manner.

The only person responsible and therefore liable is the man currently imprisoned for endangering the safety of an aircraft. They can go after him for £200 million but I think they are rather clutching at straws here.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 17:21 - May 14 with 924 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 16:39 - May 14 by Whiterockin

Cardiff also had dealings with the agent to completethe transfer, so they are equally to blame. They should have checked and if not happy walked away.

I am glad you agree with me that Nantes have at least 50% of the blame. The will have to compromise. It is in everyone's interest.

At present the financial cost of blame is 100% Cardiff city.

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 17:24 - May 14 with 918 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 17:21 - May 14 by ReslovenSwan1

I am glad you agree with me that Nantes have at least 50% of the blame. The will have to compromise. It is in everyone's interest.

At present the financial cost of blame is 100% Cardiff city.

Nantes have none of the blame the player was not theirs when the accident occurred. As stated by every court.
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 17:30 - May 14 with 897 viewsraynor94

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 15:47 - May 14 by SullutaCreturned

The agent reresented Nantes...if true then he rpresented them for the transfer, once the deal was done so was Nantes responsibility to the player.

Have you any proof Nantes were involved in organising the flight?

How can Nantes order a player who doesn't belong to them to follow an agents instructions? That is more grasping at straws to support a straw man argument. Can my former employer order me to do anything?

Nantes duty of care ended when Sala was sold, as soon as he was a Cardiff City player, Nantes had no further interest.

The last paragraph is spot on.

Resloven clutching at straws again, to prove himself right

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 17:45 - May 14 with 871 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 17:30 - May 14 by raynor94

The last paragraph is spot on.

Resloven clutching at straws again, to prove himself right

Proof will be when the matter is settled in court.

Either the agent acting for Nantes behaved well and legally handling the affairs of Cardiff city's player or he did not. it seems to me that the costs of the flight were at absolute rock bottom prices.

As Whiterock says both Nantes and Cardiff share the blame. The inquest was 3 years after the incident and the agent was asked to attend and testify one year ago.
[Post edited 14 May 2023 17:46]

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 17:49 - May 14 with 866 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 17:24 - May 14 by Whiterockin

Nantes have none of the blame the player was not theirs when the accident occurred. As stated by every court.

You said they were 'equally to blame' earlier. You were right then and wrong now.

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 17:56 - May 14 with 858 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 17:49 - May 14 by ReslovenSwan1

You said they were 'equally to blame' earlier. You were right then and wrong now.

Equally to blame for the use of the agent, which has no bearing on the claim. As stated by all the courts which ruled in favour of Nantes. Do take the blinkers off and keep up.
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 18:10 - May 14 with 832 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 17:45 - May 14 by ReslovenSwan1

Proof will be when the matter is settled in court.

Either the agent acting for Nantes behaved well and legally handling the affairs of Cardiff city's player or he did not. it seems to me that the costs of the flight were at absolute rock bottom prices.

As Whiterock says both Nantes and Cardiff share the blame. The inquest was 3 years after the incident and the agent was asked to attend and testify one year ago.
[Post edited 14 May 2023 17:46]

I only said that they were both responsible for the use of the agent. This only has a baring on the claim in your imagination.
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 18:53 - May 14 with 796 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 18:10 - May 14 by Whiterockin

I only said that they were both responsible for the use of the agent. This only has a baring on the claim in your imagination.

You said this.

"Cardiff also had dealings with the agent to complete the transfer, so they are equally to blame. They should have checked and if not happy walked away."

If they are 'to blame' then you accept the agent was at fault handling this deal. You are correct in saying Cardiff should have walked away but should have added "Nantes should checked and if not happy should have walked away".

Both were at fault but Nantes more so as they put their player in the care of the agent.

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 19:01 - May 14 with 785 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 18:53 - May 14 by ReslovenSwan1

You said this.

"Cardiff also had dealings with the agent to complete the transfer, so they are equally to blame. They should have checked and if not happy walked away."

If they are 'to blame' then you accept the agent was at fault handling this deal. You are correct in saying Cardiff should have walked away but should have added "Nantes should checked and if not happy should have walked away".

Both were at fault but Nantes more so as they put their player in the care of the agent.

Stop twisting it to suit your agenda, if the agent was to blame he would have been charged.
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 19:25 - May 14 with 757 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 19:01 - May 14 by Whiterockin

Stop twisting it to suit your agenda, if the agent was to blame he would have been charged.

I have no agenda. I want to see justice as any good citizen would want in a democracy. I am not influenced with small town football parochial nonsense.

Ultimately any court outcome will not effect Cardiff city one bit if the pay the £15m and take Nantes to court for damages of £200m. Payment of the £15m will allow Cardiff to trade players.

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 19:25 - May 14 with 758 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 18:53 - May 14 by ReslovenSwan1

You said this.

The person who arranged th flight is in jail, you are making a false claim which could be litigious.

Why is it in Nantes best interests to admit to something they haven't done? Why should they help Cardiff out? In the position was reversed do you think Cardiff would do as you suggest?

Nantes did not arrange the flight, Sala was not their player, how can they be more at fault? You're a fantasist.

I'll ask the question again, when I moved jobs could my old employer order me to do something?

Iy has to be wummery otherwise it's a very insulting word!
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 20:04 - May 14 with 724 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 19:25 - May 14 by SullutaCreturned

The person who arranged th flight is in jail, you are making a false claim which could be litigious.

Why is it in Nantes best interests to admit to something they haven't done? Why should they help Cardiff out? In the position was reversed do you think Cardiff would do as you suggest?

Nantes did not arrange the flight, Sala was not their player, how can they be more at fault? You're a fantasist.

I'll ask the question again, when I moved jobs could my old employer order me to do something?

Iy has to be wummery otherwise it's a very insulting word!

If selling club are very confident they have one nothing wrong they should go to court. If they feel they might not given enough care and attention to the process they should settle out of court.

I have explained "duty of care " to the forum. Simply dumping all responsibility on a contractor and sub contractor without attention is poor. The employer has to ensure a decent standards from its contractors and sub contractors along with a paper trail.

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 20:19 - May 14 with 695 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 20:04 - May 14 by ReslovenSwan1

If selling club are very confident they have one nothing wrong they should go to court. If they feel they might not given enough care and attention to the process they should settle out of court.

I have explained "duty of care " to the forum. Simply dumping all responsibility on a contractor and sub contractor without attention is poor. The employer has to ensure a decent standards from its contractors and sub contractors along with a paper trail.

I know what duty of care is as I'm sure most others do. In my time I have been a union rep AND a H&S rep.

What you have done is tried to claim a duty of care where there is none. You don't seem to understand that a former employer has no duty of care for someone who is now employed elsewhere.

Nantes didn't dump anything, Sala had left their employment. Nantes were not subcontracting anything either but you can't seem to understand any of that.

Where I will agree is, if the Nantes legal team think or even know they do have any responsibility they should settle. The fact that they have fought Cardiff every step of the way on this and WON every time kind of suggests they have no blame to share.

No doubt you disagree.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024