Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Sala saga continues 20:15 - May 9 with 8224 viewsKeithHaynes

From their OS.

The Swiss Federal Tribunal has decided that the Court of Arbitration in Sport doesn’t have jurisdiction to deal with Cardiff City’s claim for damages against FC Nantes.

This isn’t a surprise, and the Club has already prepared separate legal action against them which will be started straightaway as FC Nantes must be held responsible for the accident organised by their agent.

This will be to recover what the Club paid for Emiliano and additional damages for further consequential losses.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 19:06 - May 11 with 1317 viewsDr_Winston

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 18:59 - May 11 by SullutaCreturned

Well yes, the internet is open 24/7 and you can do all sorts of things online these days.

I would be surprised if in a market as potentially lucrative as footballer insurance the relevant companies didn't have people available quite late on deadline day.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 19:08 - May 11 with 1308 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 18:15 - May 11 by SullutaCreturned

Sorry but that's a nonsense post that bears no resemblance to what happened with Sala. Nantes sold Sala, it's as simple as that.

If I sell broken paving slabs from my back garden but the buyer later decides he doesn't want them and dumps them, or they tip off the back of his van on the way home, I am not responsible as the slabs no longer belonged to me.

Nantes did not contract Cardiff City to take Sala away, they did not pay MacKay to arraneg the flight, they had no duty of care as Sala was no longer their player.

You say others don't understand the law? Do you understand the difference between contracting someone to do a job and selling something?

I was pointing out to our friend for Narberth that employing a contractor does not free a UK citizen of responsibility if the contractor is not licensed. In this case a "licensed waste career" who are the only people allowed to dump waste. It is likely most people will get way with fly- tipping.

The only people allowed to financially deal with football clubs are licensed agents. Nantes effectively broke the rules with the player taking instructions from an unlicensed agent at presumably the instructions of Nantes FC. They turned a blind eye.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 19:08 - May 11 with 1311 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 19:06 - May 11 by Dr_Winston

I would be surprised if in a market as potentially lucrative as footballer insurance the relevant companies didn't have people available quite late on deadline day.

If it's only a case of adding his name to a policy it shouldn't be a problem. Either online or as you say, someone being available.
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 19:34 - May 11 with 1266 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 16:52 - May 11 by ReslovenSwan1

This is because t you not understand the law.

For example if you clear your lovely back garden of broke paving stones in Narbeth and replace it with a lawn you will employ a contractor to do the work and dispose of the tiles.

You can use some bloke you met in the pub or a registered contractor. The registered trader will give you a receipt wit VAT and dispose of the paving slabs within the law. You are in the clear.

If however you go for an unregistered contractor and go down a cash in hand deal things are a little different. If your broken paving stones appear in a lay by in St Clairs you could be held accountable. You notionally did not use "duty of care".
[Post edited 11 May 2023 16:54]

I would do the garden myself and I do not meet blokes in pubs. My bread simply isn’t buttered that way.

Also your obsession with this “duty of care” nonsense is just… well nonsense. I don’t know what a bit of fly tipping has in common with recklessly endangering a flight for profit. The “duty of care” is clearly with the person who arranged and organised the flight. And he’s in prison. Deservedly.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 20:13 - May 11 with 1224 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 19:08 - May 11 by ReslovenSwan1

I was pointing out to our friend for Narberth that employing a contractor does not free a UK citizen of responsibility if the contractor is not licensed. In this case a "licensed waste career" who are the only people allowed to dump waste. It is likely most people will get way with fly- tipping.

The only people allowed to financially deal with football clubs are licensed agents. Nantes effectively broke the rules with the player taking instructions from an unlicensed agent at presumably the instructions of Nantes FC. They turned a blind eye.

Ah, there it is again eh, another one of your dubious suppositions. When you presumably, do you have any evidence for that? If there was any evidence of that then surely Cardiff would have presented it to a court, one of them or all three.

The known truth there is that Neil Warnock was very cosy with the Mackay family, maybe it was at Warnocks behest that they were involved? That makes more sense that you and your presumptions.

Also, you were pointing out about duty of care in a way that was not at all relevant to the Sala case, as indeed I pointed out to you.

You make a lot of presumptins and assumptions that all back up your point of view when the known facts don't often match with what you say.
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 20:57 - May 11 with 1180 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 19:34 - May 11 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I would do the garden myself and I do not meet blokes in pubs. My bread simply isn’t buttered that way.

Also your obsession with this “duty of care” nonsense is just… well nonsense. I don’t know what a bit of fly tipping has in common with recklessly endangering a flight for profit. The “duty of care” is clearly with the person who arranged and organised the flight. And he’s in prison. Deservedly.

No you are wrong. You have not understand the example I made for you to enable you to understand. It was an analogy.

If you employ and contractor you must ensure they are suitable people. For example a builder who belongs to a trade association and pays taxes and issues VAT receipts. If you willingly employ a 'cowboy' to lower your costs it will not free you of responsibility when something goes wrong. Cash in hand no taxes no regulations no receipts no paper trace.

The duty of care is on you not the contractor. You have to check and have a paper trail.

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 21:01 - May 11 with 1171 viewsModeratorB

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 20:57 - May 11 by ReslovenSwan1

No you are wrong. You have not understand the example I made for you to enable you to understand. It was an analogy.

If you employ and contractor you must ensure they are suitable people. For example a builder who belongs to a trade association and pays taxes and issues VAT receipts. If you willingly employ a 'cowboy' to lower your costs it will not free you of responsibility when something goes wrong. Cash in hand no taxes no regulations no receipts no paper trace.

The duty of care is on you not the contractor. You have to check and have a paper trail.

No, you’re ‘an ology’
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 21:55 - May 11 with 1136 viewsBoundy

What an absolute pile of dross, you're getting totally confused mixing up the role of a designer under CDM with a bloke living in a terrace house who wants his grass cut ,(another analogy for you)

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 21:59 - May 11 with 1130 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

If you employ a contractor in good faith to get rid of your paving stones and while you’re looking the other way he strangles his wife and buries them in your garden it’s not your fault.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 22:08 - May 11 with 1112 viewsModeratorB

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 21:59 - May 11 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

If you employ a contractor in good faith to get rid of your paving stones and while you’re looking the other way he strangles his wife and buries them in your garden it’s not your fault.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

How long would you have to be looking the other way for to miss him strangling her and burying her under the garden especially as the grass would have to grow back ?
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 22:11 - May 11 with 1105 viewsswan_si

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 22:08 - May 11 by ModeratorB

How long would you have to be looking the other way for to miss him strangling her and burying her under the garden especially as the grass would have to grow back ?

there was no grass, it was paved🙄, do keep up.
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 22:18 - May 11 with 1080 viewsModeratorB

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 22:11 - May 11 by swan_si

Ok, so either he will have loose paving stones or he’ll need to re cement it, either way he’d be saying ‘oi Hilda, these slabs feel weird……Hilda ? Hilda ?’
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 22:23 - May 11 with 1056 viewsswan_si

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 22:18 - May 11 by ModeratorB

Ok, so either he will have loose paving stones or he’ll need to re cement it, either way he’d be saying ‘oi Hilda, these slabs feel weird……Hilda ? Hilda ?’

I'll have to stay tuned in, it's turning into a nail biter 🤔
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 22:51 - May 11 with 1025 viewsGixerJack

Well yes, the internet is open 24/7 and you can do all sorts of things online these days.

It’s not really open 24/7 though is it! I’m is Spain at the moment and the WiFi is shite
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 22:59 - May 11 with 1017 viewsGixerJack

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 22:51 - May 11 by GixerJack

It’s not really open 24/7 though is it! I’m is Spain at the moment and the WiFi is shite

And it just got worse, the Council just phoned to say that some right dodgy geezer’s dumped a Load of paving slabs in a lay-by in Porth and now Cardiff City are suing my postman
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 23:00 - May 11 with 1014 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 22:11 - May 11 by swan_si

The contractor removed the paving which was broken but in the analogy I offered him a cup of tea and when I went into the kitchen to put the kettle on it gave him just enough time to brutally murder his wife, commit grand larceny and rob a few trains but I accept full responsibility for his actions.

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 23:15 - May 11 with 1006 viewsReslovenSwan1

Legislation. Copied in {}

{All workplaces, whether a school, a business, or a voluntary organisation have a moral and a legal obligation to ensure that everyone associated with the establishment, whether employee, volunteer, student, tradesperson or the general public, is fully protected from any personal physical and/or emotional harm, either on the premises or when engaged in activities relating to the establishment.

Typical areas of concern are fire safety, health and safety, food safety, personal safety, child and adult protection (plus wider safeguarding such as safer recruitment), equality, bullying, violence, harassment, stress, or discrimination from any source.

A breach of duty occurs when one person or an organisation has a duty of care toward another person or organisation but fails to live up to that standard. A person may be liable for negligence in a personal injury case if their breach of duty caused another person's injuries or mental ill health.)

Sub contracting services do not free orgnisations of these responsibilities.

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 07:50 - May 12 with 903 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 23:15 - May 11 by ReslovenSwan1

{All workplaces, whether a school, a business, or a voluntary organisation have a moral and a legal obligation to ensure that everyone associated with the establishment, whether employee, volunteer, student, tradesperson or the general public, is fully protected from any personal physical and/or emotional harm, either on the premises or when engaged in activities relating to the establishment.

Typical areas of concern are fire safety, health and safety, food safety, personal safety, child and adult protection (plus wider safeguarding such as safer recruitment), equality, bullying, violence, harassment, stress, or discrimination from any source.

A breach of duty occurs when one person or an organisation has a duty of care toward another person or organisation but fails to live up to that standard. A person may be liable for negligence in a personal injury case if their breach of duty caused another person's injuries or mental ill health.)

Unfortunately although Sala was a Cardiff employee he was making a private trip not travelling on official business for Cardiff. So there is no employer duty of care.
Simple analogy. It you get run over on your day off or indeed killed in a car crash on the way to work it is not your employers ( Cardiff) fault and certainly not the fault of your former employer (Nantes).

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 08:08 - May 12 with 899 viewsBoundy

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 23:15 - May 11 by ReslovenSwan1

What legislation would that be ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 08:12 - May 12 with 897 viewsWhiterockin

As I understood it a while ago. Cardiff had a blanket insurance policy for players, but each player signed had to be added by name, Sala was not. Therefore not covered.
Cardiff Sala saga continues on 08:33 - May 12 with 868 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 07:50 - May 12 by felixstowe_jack

Unfortunately although Sala was a Cardiff employee he was making a private trip not travelling on official business for Cardiff. So there is no employer duty of care.
Simple analogy. It you get run over on your day off or indeed killed in a car crash on the way to work it is not your employers ( Cardiff) fault and certainly not the fault of your former employer (Nantes).

A similar incident occurred in Paris in 1997. A car left the Ritz Hotel in Paris and crashed moments later killing three of the four occupants.The driver was employed by the hotel and chose to get behind the wheel whilst drunk and on a cocktail of prescription drugs, he didn’t fulfil his responsibility as driver to ensure all occupants were wearing their safety belts and drove recklessly over the speed limit.

An enquiry found he was responsible for the accident, along with a cabal of self employed paparazzi on motorbikes who also acted illegally.

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 13:59 - May 12 with 785 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 08:08 - May 12 by Boundy

What legislation would that be ?

health and safety at work act 1974.

https://www.hse.gov.uk/legislation/hswa.htm

Employers have duties

- employers have towards employees and members of the public
- employees have to themselves and to each other
- certain self-employed have towards themselves and others
[Post edited 12 May 2023 14:08]

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 14:07 - May 12 with 778 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 08:12 - May 12 by Whiterockin

As I understood it a while ago. Cardiff had a blanket insurance policy for players, but each player signed had to be added by name, Sala was not. Therefore not covered.

I imagined that when signing a player that the player signs documents for the contract that simultaneously include pre-arranged life insurance. Both contracts start simultaneously to the exact second like my car insurance. This starts at 00.00 hours on the day of the contract commencement.

I reckon Cardiff city suffer because the Chairman and Chief officers live in London and perhaps are only in Cardiff 2-3 ays a month? .

I Covid people got used to working at home. This is no good as details get missed. I assumed Winter lived in Swansea. It is good that Coleman is based in Swansea to be all over this sort of thing.

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 14:19 - May 12 with 775 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 13:59 - May 12 by ReslovenSwan1

health and safety at work act 1974.

https://www.hse.gov.uk/legislation/hswa.htm

Employers have duties

- employers have towards employees and members of the public
- employees have to themselves and to each other
- certain self-employed have towards themselves and others
[Post edited 12 May 2023 14:08]

So who was sala’s employer at the time he boarded that plane.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 14:20]

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 14:51 - May 12 with 763 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cardiff Sala saga continues on 23:00 - May 11 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The contractor removed the paving which was broken but in the analogy I offered him a cup of tea and when I went into the kitchen to put the kettle on it gave him just enough time to brutally murder his wife, commit grand larceny and rob a few trains but I accept full responsibility for his actions.

Another analogy to help you understand. All hypothetical and not related to the Cardiff city issue. A simple explanation of "duty of care" .

Gun ownership is licensed in the UK and is obviously quite dangerous. Not as dangerous as airplanes of course. All is fine if regulated and operated under license and the rules are followed.

Lets assume your god fearing neighbours had inherited an unlicensed shot gun to control the rabbits in St Clears area that had been munching on their cabbages.

Lets assume (for the sake of debate) your neighbour handed the unlicensed shotgun and cartridges over to the 18 year old local village hot head from Banc y Felin who was known to the local police who had no license. Your neighbor pays him £50 cash to shoot rabbits for them.

After blasting 50 rabbits on the way home his job is done, but he sees a fox from the pick up and his accidentally shoots the local vicar and the local head of St Clears Women's Institute coming in the opposite direction on bicycles after the lock on the firearm malfunctioned.

I suspect your neighbour might be in a little bit of trouble. Your neighbours caused the accident by not following duty of care principles. They knew the kid was trouble. They knew the gun was unlicensed they know the kid would not declare the £50 for tax purposes there was no receipt for the rabbit cull. They did not check at all if the kid was trained to use firearms.

The family of the Vicar have every right to sue your neighbours after the kid they employed has been locked up for 18 years.

The fact that the Vicar's wife knew the kid's family well and used him to catch moles is irrelevant.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 15:13]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024