Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Next? 16:49 - Nov 26 with 57012 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Assuming he’s gone, realistic appointment?
[Post edited 26 Nov 2022 16:51]
Who Next? on 16:51 - Nov 30 with 5365 viewsBoston

There's been an enquiry.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who Next? on 17:07 - Nov 30 with 5258 viewsMrSheen

Who Next? on 13:31 - Nov 30 by bosh67

If it wasn't some kind of taboo subject and she wasn't leading England Women into the world cup next year I'd go for Sarina Wiegman. The female Klopp/Pep! I think she is a better tactician and in game manager than most men in the game and certainly better than anyone in this league.

Managed in an 8 team amateur league. What could go wrong?
Who Next? on 17:12 - Nov 30 with 5232 viewsBoston

Who Next? on 15:48 - Nov 30 by A40Bosh

Can he bring his old man with him to co-manage.

His other half will do fine...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who Next? on 18:44 - Nov 30 with 4992 viewshubble

Hold the front page: we've found him!!!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Who Next? on 08:39 - Dec 1 with 4461 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who Next? on 15:48 - Nov 30 by A40Bosh

Can he bring his old man with him to co-manage.

Bow the knee.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Who Next? on 08:51 - Dec 1 with 4418 viewshubble

Could Beale leaving actually turn out to be a massive positive for us? It's certainly bonded the team, much in the same way (I feel) as the days of Olly, our tribe, our cave.

And Paul Hall seems to be doing a great job of using this as motivation. I'm not suggesting (well, maybe a part of me is) that we retain Paul for the rest of the season (although I've more confidence in him doing a better job than Ramsay did in vaguely similar circumstances, for no reason I can fathom other that gut feeling). Anyway, who ever our new manager turns out to be, they could really use that motivation to fire us to a great second half of the season.

I saw this tweet this morning from Jimmy Dunne; this is what I'm talking about:

[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 8:56]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Who Next? on 09:26 - Dec 1 with 4241 viewsstevec

Unlikely to go up and with 30 points on the board unlikely to go down.

Maybe now is the time to give our development/academy area the opportunity to show why Warbs style of football wasn’t their remit.

We can’t afford this split from top to bottom to go on indefinitely, it would give that part of the club the opportunity to walk the walk unhindered. If it works great, if not then we wipe the slate clean.
Who Next? on 10:46 - Dec 1 with 4064 viewsToast_R

Keep hearing Mark Robins is on the radar. Would very much like him at QPR.

Remember watching him take corners for Manchester United when he was apparently Fergie's next wonder kid. How time flies.
Login to get fewer ads

Who Next? on 11:33 - Dec 1 with 3826 viewsstainrods_elbow

Who Next? on 10:46 - Dec 1 by Toast_R

Remember watching him take corners for Manchester United when he was apparently Fergie's next wonder kid. How time flies.

Good to see Dunne's tweet, but do the fans get their money back for the players performing/losing so shamefully when the 'focus' was (I'll be kind) a bit blurry? Thought not. If I lost my focus in my job because of some chicanery at the management tier, I'd be (rightly) hauled over the coals.

I agree this is a massive test of these players' professionaism now - and, however they're feeling, we've probably all been feeling a,lot worse. I know I have! They, and the club, owe us big time after all these shenanigans. Now the toxic tw*t is out of the building, it's time for them and us to show some pride.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 11:33]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Who Next? on 11:52 - Dec 1 with 3795 viewsloftboy

Who Next? on 10:46 - Dec 1 by Toast_R

Having moaned at Beales lack of loyalty it doesn’t sit right with me to try am poach an “inwork” manager.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Who Next? on 12:03 - Dec 1 with 3760 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who Next? on 11:52 - Dec 1 by loftboy

Having moaned at Beales lack of loyalty it doesn’t sit right with me to try am poach an “inwork” manager.

I have no problem with Rangers asking Cov for permission to speak to Robins, loftboy, that wouldn't be poaching in my book.

I'd have no problem with Robins leaving Cov for Rangers either. He's been there a long time and is entitled to change jobs, as opposed to Beale who'd only been in the door a matter of weeks before he started peddling his wares.

Who Next? on 12:20 - Dec 1 with 3683 viewsdaveB

If Robbins is sat in the stand whilst Beale is in the job I'd agree that would be poor but poaching another manager through official channels is no different to buying a player really. It's not Beale going thats the problem, Glasgow Rangers did nothing wrong, it's the way Beale acted that i think has annoyed everyone.
Who Next? on 12:25 - Dec 1 with 3654 viewsToast_R

Unless Robins has only been there 5 minutes telling Coventry City how loyal he is and that he's all in and spurned offers because he's all about honesty and integrity, I would agree.

However... he's given them everything and Coventry have dicked him around with the stadium issues and the pitch problems; not all their own making I get but none the less, he's more than earn the right to look after his own ambitions IMO.
Who Next? on 12:44 - Dec 1 with 3529 viewsNorthantsHoop

Who Next? on 12:03 - Dec 1 by BrianMcCarthy

I have no problem with Rangers asking Cov for permission to speak to Robins, loftboy, that wouldn't be poaching in my book.

I'd have no problem with Robins leaving Cov for Rangers either. He's been there a long time and is entitled to change jobs, as opposed to Beale who'd only been in the door a matter of weeks before he started peddling his wares.

I can't see Robins leaving Coventry for us, he has a decent playing set up there and they are on the up again and will be threatening a top 6 position. If the Critchley appointment is a no go, might be better to try and get Chris Wilder on a short term deal to end of the season, using compensation money to incentivise a top 6 push and promotion bonus. Gives both parties a chance to suss each other out. We made a massive mistake in late 2015 with not retaining Warnock on an interim basis and giving JFH a reasonably long term contract mid season.
Who Next? on 12:56 - Dec 1 with 3463 viewsNorthLondonR

Who Next? on 17:12 - Nov 30 by Boston

His other half will do fine...

I'm actually friends with Sarah-Jane as I used to work with her and funnily enough at the time she was going out with our very own Justin Cochrane.

I did message to enquire and she responded with the 'shush' emoji!!
Who Next? on 13:05 - Dec 1 with 3362 viewsgolborne

Who Next? on 15:33 - Nov 30 by switchingcode

Chris Wilder would be an excellent choice out of the suggested list on here.

Do you want to buy my season ticket?

I ain’t watching that ankle biting, squaddie on speed football

That’s for northern slags, and the way Sheffield utd have played since I had a hole in my arse. It suited them as a club

I’d rather get my diy done, than ship my arse over there every other week to watch that ol’ sh!te
Who Next? on 13:09 - Dec 1 with 3322 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Who Next? on 13:05 - Dec 1 by golborne

Do you want to buy my season ticket?

I ain’t watching that ankle biting, squaddie on speed football

That’s for northern slags, and the way Sheffield utd have played since I had a hole in my arse. It suited them as a club

I’d rather get my diy done, than ship my arse over there every other week to watch that ol’ sh!te

Don't sit on the fence
Who Next? on 13:31 - Dec 1 with 3153 viewsAtThePeake

Afternoon chaps. Rochdale fan here with a bit of insight into BBM.

He played for us for a few years at the end of his career but in reality was more use as a coach for the majority of that time. At the end of the 18/19 season when we were in dire straits, Keith Hill was sacked and BBM came in initially on an interim basis but he turned us into a proper team for the final few months of the season. We were horrible to play against, very compact, very dogged and ground out enough results to keep us up against the odds and he was then given the job on a permanent basis.

His first full season we saw more of what BBM actually wanted to be as a manager and we set out to play very expansive, possession-based football. When it worked, it was glorious and we enjoyed a couple of unbelievably days in the cup, drawing with Newcastle at Spotland in the FA Cup and taking Man Utd to penalties at Old Trafford in the League Cup. There was a team goal scored in a win at Southend that had BBM being referred to as the lower league Pep. Players like Callum Camps and Aaron Morley were flourishing. However, we frankly lacked the quality to play in this way against the majority of the teams in our league and as such, we struggled throughout. We were still very much in a relegation fight when the season ended early but thankfully we were in a strong enough position to stay up on PPG.

So, lockdown season came and Camps left, as did our main striker Ian Henderson and a couple of other key players. This season we were, for the most part, atrocious. BBM was completely inflexible in his way of playing and his interviews turned more and more unlistenable as the season went on. We sat rooted to the bottom of the table but continued to try and win games through a possession-based style of play we weren't good enough to play. We were stuck with a 4-4-1-1 formation that didn't work for so long and defensively we were a shambles at times. Schoolboy stuff. All the while, BBM spoke about "not looking at the league table" and the players being in "great form". We went 19 consecutive home games without a win. Towards the end of the season, he finally switched to three at the back and we went back to basics a little and ended up picking up some results. I think we eventually only went down on goal difference, but the damage had been done through his naivety from October through to March.

The board (having secretly given BBM a contract extension during this woeful run of form, which was eventually revealed months later during a lockdown Fans Forum on YouTube), stuck with BBM but after an AGM, there was huge upheaval on the board and shortly afterwards, BBM offered the new board the chance to pay him out of his contract. The club refused this offer, but BBM quit anyway a few days later and then ended up at City within a month or two.

A lot of people will point to the attractive style of play and his development of young players as real positives and to be honest, they certainly are. There were some great moments in his tenure. However, is naivety, lack of pragmatism and stubbornness in playing the "right way" led to us getting relegated. Although people will rightly point out that we're always likely to struggle at L1 level with our finances, you only have to look at how many players from that squad are playing at a higher level than L2 right now to realise it shouldn't have been relegated.

In his defence, until that relegation season he was generally seen as a very likeable figure among the fans and there's no doubt that the players enjoyed playing for him. We actually had him on our podcast before things started to turn sour, if you do end up hiring him and fancy a listen here's the link: https://open.spotify.com/episode/0gzSBRzfna5NCDxFRdOZi4?si=lKPdwyOGRsOdL1-FRh-no

Rambled for a bit longer than anticipated there, apologies!

Tangled up in blue.

Who Next? on 13:43 - Dec 1 with 3051 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for that, AtThePeake.

Good info.

Who Next? on 13:49 - Dec 1 with 3010 viewsTacticalR

AtThePeake, from what you are saying it sounds like BBM is suited to development football, so presumably is in a good position at Manchester City EDS?

Air hostess clique

Who Next? on 13:50 - Dec 1 with 2999 viewsDubaiR

AtthePeak

Great insight, we have had a number of managers with one way of playing, and some fans turning their noses up at the likes of Wilder because of perceived football.

Playing the right way is great when it works but you certainly need to have a plan B and be pragmatic when needed.

I'd be bored to death if I had to watch Swansea every week.

Good luck for the rest of this season
Who Next? on 13:51 - Dec 1 with 2986 viewsR_from_afar

Who Next? on 13:31 - Dec 1 by AtThePeake

Afternoon chaps. Rochdale fan here with a bit of insight into BBM.

He played for us for a few years at the end of his career but in reality was more use as a coach for the majority of that time. At the end of the 18/19 season when we were in dire straits, Keith Hill was sacked and BBM came in initially on an interim basis but he turned us into a proper team for the final few months of the season. We were horrible to play against, very compact, very dogged and ground out enough results to keep us up against the odds and he was then given the job on a permanent basis.

His first full season we saw more of what BBM actually wanted to be as a manager and we set out to play very expansive, possession-based football. When it worked, it was glorious and we enjoyed a couple of unbelievably days in the cup, drawing with Newcastle at Spotland in the FA Cup and taking Man Utd to penalties at Old Trafford in the League Cup. There was a team goal scored in a win at Southend that had BBM being referred to as the lower league Pep. Players like Callum Camps and Aaron Morley were flourishing. However, we frankly lacked the quality to play in this way against the majority of the teams in our league and as such, we struggled throughout. We were still very much in a relegation fight when the season ended early but thankfully we were in a strong enough position to stay up on PPG.

So, lockdown season came and Camps left, as did our main striker Ian Henderson and a couple of other key players. This season we were, for the most part, atrocious. BBM was completely inflexible in his way of playing and his interviews turned more and more unlistenable as the season went on. We sat rooted to the bottom of the table but continued to try and win games through a possession-based style of play we weren't good enough to play. We were stuck with a 4-4-1-1 formation that didn't work for so long and defensively we were a shambles at times. Schoolboy stuff. All the while, BBM spoke about "not looking at the league table" and the players being in "great form". We went 19 consecutive home games without a win. Towards the end of the season, he finally switched to three at the back and we went back to basics a little and ended up picking up some results. I think we eventually only went down on goal difference, but the damage had been done through his naivety from October through to March.

The board (having secretly given BBM a contract extension during this woeful run of form, which was eventually revealed months later during a lockdown Fans Forum on YouTube), stuck with BBM but after an AGM, there was huge upheaval on the board and shortly afterwards, BBM offered the new board the chance to pay him out of his contract. The club refused this offer, but BBM quit anyway a few days later and then ended up at City within a month or two.

A lot of people will point to the attractive style of play and his development of young players as real positives and to be honest, they certainly are. There were some great moments in his tenure. However, is naivety, lack of pragmatism and stubbornness in playing the "right way" led to us getting relegated. Although people will rightly point out that we're always likely to struggle at L1 level with our finances, you only have to look at how many players from that squad are playing at a higher level than L2 right now to realise it shouldn't have been relegated.

In his defence, until that relegation season he was generally seen as a very likeable figure among the fans and there's no doubt that the players enjoyed playing for him. We actually had him on our podcast before things started to turn sour, if you do end up hiring him and fancy a listen here's the link: https://open.spotify.com/episode/0gzSBRzfna5NCDxFRdOZi4?si=lKPdwyOGRsOdL1-FRh-no

Rambled for a bit longer than anticipated there, apologies!

That is great insight, many thanks for taking the time to provide it

Hope you have a decent season!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Who Next? on 14:18 - Dec 1 with 2823 viewsAtThePeake

Who Next? on 13:49 - Dec 1 by TacticalR

AtThePeake, from what you are saying it sounds like BBM is suited to development football, so presumably is in a good position at Manchester City EDS?

Yeah I thought that move suited him down to the ground to be honest. He said himself in a few interviews that his main interest was developing players and it seems to make sense for him to do that without the pressure of winning matches.

Tangled up in blue.

Who Next? on 14:35 - Dec 1 with 2709 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who Next? on 14:18 - Dec 1 by AtThePeake

Yeah I thought that move suited him down to the ground to be honest. He said himself in a few interviews that his main interest was developing players and it seems to make sense for him to do that without the pressure of winning matches.

Thanks for this insight mate.

Never been to Spotland so fingers crossed for a Cup game next year.
Who Next? on 14:45 - Dec 1 with 2651 viewsAtThePeake

Who Next? on 14:35 - Dec 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Thanks for this insight mate.

Never been to Spotland so fingers crossed for a Cup game next year.

I'll be back with some pub recommendations if so!

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024