Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Next? 16:49 - Nov 26 with 57011 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Assuming he’s gone, realistic appointment?
[Post edited 26 Nov 2022 16:51]
Who Next? on 16:13 - Nov 28 with 3320 viewsDamo1962

Who Next? on 14:45 - Nov 28 by stantheman10

Why would the Ipswich manager leave a team 2nd in League 1 with 28,000 home crowds to come to us!
Ipswich have way more potential than us

Everyone seems to have more potential than us sadly.
Who Next? on 16:19 - Nov 28 with 3259 viewsCiderwithRsie

Who Next? on 13:28 - Nov 28 by R_from_afar

I've been to quite a lot of their games since Gareth became manager because they are local to me and my best mate has a season ticket there. I last saw them live in October.

The football isn't prehistoric, long ball stuff. They do like to get it forward quickly, especially down the wings, and do tend to have a tall targetman to play off, usually Vokes at the moment, but they have other attacking players who are quick and keep it on the deck. They don't usually pass for the sake of it, they pass with purpose, and are prepared to soak up pressure when the other team has the ball.

They defend as a team and the levels of effort, determination and concentration are impressive. At home at least, they never seem to be out of the game until the final whistle is blown.

That said, Gareth is not my choice, I think some fans will regard him as underqualified and not progressive enough and I really don't want to see another Rangers legend's reputation torched.

Critchley sounds good, or as I have said before, our former defender Ian Evatt apparently plays attractive, progressive football and has managed to drag Bolton out of the doldrums and back into League 1, where they are currently in a play-off berth. His win rate as a manager is very high.

I hope you're not going to set a precedent of coming on here and discussing managers based on frequently watching their teams play, because it's going to set back my random prejudice and bull sh*t no end.
Who Next? on 16:21 - Nov 28 with 3227 viewsterryb

Who Next? on 14:45 - Nov 28 by stantheman10

Why would the Ipswich manager leave a team 2nd in League 1 with 28,000 home crowds to come to us!
Ipswich have way more potential than us

A lot of Ipswich fans were very worried that he would be coming to us when the Wolves vacancy came up.

It is far from definite that Ipswich will be promoted, although I would say a top three place would be likely. As a club they are in a better position than they have been for decades, but that could easily change if promotion is not achieved.
Who Next? on 16:49 - Nov 28 with 3091 viewsQPR_Hibs

Who Next? on 16:21 - Nov 28 by terryb

A lot of Ipswich fans were very worried that he would be coming to us when the Wolves vacancy came up.

It is far from definite that Ipswich will be promoted, although I would say a top three place would be likely. As a club they are in a better position than they have been for decades, but that could easily change if promotion is not achieved.

Ipswich manager might bring Dom Ball back to LR with him.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Who Next? on 16:57 - Nov 28 with 3022 viewsBklynRanger

Who Next? on 16:19 - Nov 28 by CiderwithRsie

I hope you're not going to set a precedent of coming on here and discussing managers based on frequently watching their teams play, because it's going to set back my random prejudice and bull sh*t no end.

Agreed. Down with that sort of thing.
Who Next? on 17:47 - Nov 28 with 2845 viewsterryb

Who Next? on 16:49 - Nov 28 by QPR_Hibs

Ipswich manager might bring Dom Ball back to LR with him.

Especially as he is recovering from knee surgery & probably out for the season!
Who Next? on 17:49 - Nov 28 with 2830 viewsA40Bosh

Maybe this will be like the Bobby Ewing scene in Dallas
Warbs will be back in the manager office at Heston in the morning

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Who Next? on 18:06 - Nov 28 with 2771 views1JD

Who Next? on 13:28 - Nov 28 by R_from_afar

I've been to quite a lot of their games since Gareth became manager because they are local to me and my best mate has a season ticket there. I last saw them live in October.

The football isn't prehistoric, long ball stuff. They do like to get it forward quickly, especially down the wings, and do tend to have a tall targetman to play off, usually Vokes at the moment, but they have other attacking players who are quick and keep it on the deck. They don't usually pass for the sake of it, they pass with purpose, and are prepared to soak up pressure when the other team has the ball.

They defend as a team and the levels of effort, determination and concentration are impressive. At home at least, they never seem to be out of the game until the final whistle is blown.

That said, Gareth is not my choice, I think some fans will regard him as underqualified and not progressive enough and I really don't want to see another Rangers legend's reputation torched.

Critchley sounds good, or as I have said before, our former defender Ian Evatt apparently plays attractive, progressive football and has managed to drag Bolton out of the doldrums and back into League 1, where they are currently in a play-off berth. His win rate as a manager is very high.

This is the complete opposite to what I’ve seen and heard. I too live local and have seen them play several times. GA has a very negative mindset when it comes to football. In his own words “We play not to lose”. Lots of going 1-0 up and then sitting back when the inevitable equaliser and worse happens. CM are full of cloggers only. Passing stats bottom of the league. The football is absolutely dire, and GAs pre and post march interviews are totally uninspiring.

Win or lose, “he’s proud of the players” because they gave their all. The locals increasingly want change. If you didn’t like Warburtons interviews, you ain’t seen nothing yet. Anyone interested should check out the Gas Room message board if you want a reflection on Gareth’s style of play and footballing beliefs.

Legend for us yes, but doesn’t tick the boxes set by the club in managerial criteria. Attacking, attractive football - No. A true footballers coach who can improve players with real tactical and technical nous. No. Young and up and coming? Young yes, but up and coming is a bit of a stretch. Love him for what he did for us as a player but as a manager and coach he is just not a good fit.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 18:24]
Login to get fewer ads

Who Next? on 18:14 - Nov 28 with 2735 viewsParkRoyalR

Who Next? on 17:49 - Nov 28 by A40Bosh

Maybe this will be like the Bobby Ewing scene in Dallas
Warbs will be back in the manager office at Heston in the morning

Well it's definitely my dream scenario,

Warburton comes back as 1st Team Manager to steady the ship, then brings Eustace back at the end of the season so Warbs can move upstairs to DoF position with over-sight over 1st Team and more importantly the new Academy,

Les moves to FA or similar high profile position (Spurs DoF) giving Warburton an open run to go through our Academy set-up with more than a few fxxks, along lines of you lot either step up or step down!
Who Next? on 18:35 - Nov 28 with 2656 viewsqueensparker

Who Next? on 15:59 - Nov 28 by Sharpy36

How`s about Duncan Ferguson ?

I’d be into this. It would interesting at the very least
Who Next? on 18:35 - Nov 28 with 2651 viewspaulparker

I’d take Scott Parker

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Who Next? on 18:41 - Nov 28 with 2623 viewsAntti_Heinola

Who Next? on 18:35 - Nov 28 by paulparker

I’d take Scott Parker

Few managers I can think of who would be less suited to the job.
You'd want him out in 6 months.

Bare bones.

Who Next? on 18:47 - Nov 28 with 2560 viewsjoolsyp

I’d take Scott Parker

Because he's your Dad?
Who Next? on 18:49 - Nov 28 with 2544 viewspaulparker

Who Next? on 18:41 - Nov 28 by Antti_Heinola

Few managers I can think of who would be less suited to the job.
You'd want him out in 6 months.

Why would I want him out ?
Plays good football and wants to win, the last few years we have been to nice with Parker his teams love a bit sh1thousery
Anyway it won’t be him it will be someone nice like that Critchley fella

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Who Next? on 18:53 - Nov 28 with 2523 viewslave16

Who Next? on 18:49 - Nov 28 by paulparker

Why would I want him out ?
Plays good football and wants to win, the last few years we have been to nice with Parker his teams love a bit sh1thousery
Anyway it won’t be him it will be someone nice like that Critchley fella

If I dusted of my old championship manager CV from the early naughties do you think I would have a chance?

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Who Next? on 19:09 - Nov 28 with 2436 viewspaulparker

Who Next? on 18:53 - Nov 28 by lave16

If I dusted of my old championship manager CV from the early naughties do you think I would have a chance?

Probably

Who Next? on 19:12 - Nov 28 with 2416 viewsNorthantsHoop

Let's be positive, Beale was not the messiah, he was just building on what Warburton started. There are a range of managers out there who can step in and continue progression. We are in a good place don't think seen as a basket case club anymore, realistically was always going to be hard to maintain top 6, but you never know whole coaching clear out probably a good thing. Never a dull moment with QPR.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 19:13]
Who Next? on 19:19 - Nov 28 with 2397 viewsCamberleyR

Parker has only ever managed at clubs where money is seemingly no object. The football his teams play isn't great either IMO. I think his managerial style is straight out of the Redknapp book i. e. stick 11 expensively acquired players out there and expect them to play.

What he achieved with Fulham and Bournemouth in the Championship was the bare minimum, both those teams should have pissed the division when he got them promoted. Gary O'Neil with the same Bournemouth players is showing what can be done.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Who Next? on 19:35 - Nov 28 with 2316 viewsRangersw12

I’d take Scott Parker

No thanks he plays dire football and way out of our budget
Who Next? on 19:38 - Nov 28 with 2298 viewsAntti_Heinola

Who Next? on 19:19 - Nov 28 by CamberleyR

Parker has only ever managed at clubs where money is seemingly no object. The football his teams play isn't great either IMO. I think his managerial style is straight out of the Redknapp book i. e. stick 11 expensively acquired players out there and expect them to play.

What he achieved with Fulham and Bournemouth in the Championship was the bare minimum, both those teams should have pissed the division when he got them promoted. Gary O'Neil with the same Bournemouth players is showing what can be done.

Exactly this.
Case in point being the difference with Fulham under Silva. Absolute light years - overnight. His football is dreadful. He's not a fighter, and had given up at Bournemouth where O'Neil, a total novice, is now showing him up. Only been at clubs with huge spend available and even then only scramble4d his teams up, and in the Prem when he couldn 't chuck money at it, he talked himself into the sack.
Would be an absolutely insane choice.

Bare bones.

Who Next? on 20:03 - Nov 28 with 2171 viewsTGRRRSSS

Absolutely not Parker no way
Who Next? on 20:12 - Nov 28 with 2114 viewsmikeygunn

Critchley 25/1 on SkyBet if you like that kind of thing. Which I might.
Who Next? on 20:14 - Nov 28 with 2103 viewsCamberleyR

Who Next? on 20:12 - Nov 28 by mikeygunn

Critchley 25/1 on SkyBet if you like that kind of thing. Which I might.

Su.rprised his odds are that long tbh.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Who Next? on 20:24 - Nov 28 with 2046 viewsDamo1962

Who Next? on 18:47 - Nov 28 by joolsyp

Because he's your Dad?

😂
Who Next? on 20:27 - Nov 28 with 2019 viewssoops

Critchley is favourite at 5/1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024