Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty 17:21 - Jun 11 with 61373 viewsFDC

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 22:54 - Jun 16 with 3852 viewsdanehoop

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 21:55 - Jun 16 by Lblock

I agree Dane. It's a Europe I want to remain part of.

Sing too loudly or have a beer too many and it's a slap with a truncheon, a clatter from a riot shield and a mouth full of tear gas. The other side of it is the integration of violent, ultra facist and morally exempt east European thugs and freedom of movement for them

Never should the continent try to accept or understand us
But we should flex backwards to do the same

I totally accept people's views on England fans abroad but having been one and an away fan more times than I could ever recall I know one thing. You'll be the most prejudiced against anywhere, home or abroad

Anyway I'm somewhat drunk and tired.

Don't send me home....

I may not agree with you Lblock, but I respect that you have one and will vote.

Russia isn't a part of the EU and its citizens don't get have any provision under the free movement of labour provisions. Putin would dearly love the UK to leave as it makes both the EU and the UK Inherently weaker. And you can already get a flavour of Putins nationalistic Russia from the fans that travelled.

Never knowingly understood

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:02 - Jun 17 with 3624 viewsTheChef

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 21:55 - Jun 16 by Lblock

I agree Dane. It's a Europe I want to remain part of.

Sing too loudly or have a beer too many and it's a slap with a truncheon, a clatter from a riot shield and a mouth full of tear gas. The other side of it is the integration of violent, ultra facist and morally exempt east European thugs and freedom of movement for them

Never should the continent try to accept or understand us
But we should flex backwards to do the same

I totally accept people's views on England fans abroad but having been one and an away fan more times than I could ever recall I know one thing. You'll be the most prejudiced against anywhere, home or abroad

Anyway I'm somewhat drunk and tired.

Don't send me home....

French police are notorious for the 'truncheon/tear gas first, ask questions later' approach, state of emergency or not.

Euros 2004 and 2012 and World Cup 2006 passed off without serious incidents so maybe those police forces handled the situations a little better?

Ultimately all police forces are capable of being heavy-handed, whatever nationality they are.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 15:06 - Jun 17 with 3509 viewsrobith

Not wanting to quote the whole of Vish's insightful post - in French law you can't sell alcohol inside sporting stadia. Hence a very funny trip to the rugby world cup in 2007 for France vs Ireland with several unaware fellow Ireland fans bemoaning French beer as pish :D
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 16:41 - Jun 17 with 3436 viewsMedwayR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 15:06 - Jun 17 by robith

Not wanting to quote the whole of Vish's insightful post - in French law you can't sell alcohol inside sporting stadia. Hence a very funny trip to the rugby world cup in 2007 for France vs Ireland with several unaware fellow Ireland fans bemoaning French beer as pish :D

Had similar on a stag-do in Barcelona. We got into the stadium, bought a load of beers then realised when we got to our seats that it was all alcohol-free

In other news 6 of the Russian hooligans have been arrested in Cologne on their way back from Marseille after attacking & seriously injuring 3 Spanish tourists. Also 2 of the attacks by the Russians in Marseille are being treated as attempted murder, I'm presuming that's the attacks on the 2 English lads who are in comas, one of whom was attacked from behind by a Russian armed with a metal bar or a hammer!!!

9 arrests in Lens the night before the England v Wales game, 8 of them French, mostly for minor incidents caused by too much drink.

Poll: Who’s better?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 17:28 - Jun 17 with 3355 viewsPunteR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 16:41 - Jun 17 by MedwayR

Had similar on a stag-do in Barcelona. We got into the stadium, bought a load of beers then realised when we got to our seats that it was all alcohol-free

In other news 6 of the Russian hooligans have been arrested in Cologne on their way back from Marseille after attacking & seriously injuring 3 Spanish tourists. Also 2 of the attacks by the Russians in Marseille are being treated as attempted murder, I'm presuming that's the attacks on the 2 English lads who are in comas, one of whom was attacked from behind by a Russian armed with a metal bar or a hammer!!!

9 arrests in Lens the night before the England v Wales game, 8 of them French, mostly for minor incidents caused by too much drink.

I had something similar last year. On a stag do in Scotland we went to see a Celtic match. Still hanging a bit from the night before we were gagging for a beer when we got to the stadium. We couldn't see were the beer was sold so I asked some bloke selling programs who told us they don't serve beer anymore.
All 9 of us wasn't aware. I asked how long it had been like this.
"Aboot 27 years".

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 19:18 - Jun 17 with 3282 viewsQPR442

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 16:41 - Jun 17 by MedwayR

The Russian thugs are cowards. Just went out there to attack soft targets so they can show the World that they are 'Macho'. Bunch of @@@@'s. Notice how they attacked those scarfers and melted back to Russia. They would never face a proper English firm. Although fortunately our fans have matured over the years and normally go to these tournaments to drink and have a good time. The Russians still think England fans are like the ones in the 80's which they are not.
I was hoping they would lose the World Cup because they don't deserve it. The only thing we can hope for is the @@@@'s that did that to those fans get jailed for a long time. Russia is a problem country and some of it's fans mirror the government.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:19 - Jun 19 with 3053 viewsTacticalR

We need to explain to these Russians that Vardyism is a religion of peace. Dilly ding dilly dong!

Air hostess clique

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 07:21 - Jun 20 with 2855 viewsLadbrokeR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 19:18 - Jun 17 by QPR442

The Russian thugs are cowards. Just went out there to attack soft targets so they can show the World that they are 'Macho'. Bunch of @@@@'s. Notice how they attacked those scarfers and melted back to Russia. They would never face a proper English firm. Although fortunately our fans have matured over the years and normally go to these tournaments to drink and have a good time. The Russians still think England fans are like the ones in the 80's which they are not.
I was hoping they would lose the World Cup because they don't deserve it. The only thing we can hope for is the @@@@'s that did that to those fans get jailed for a long time. Russia is a problem country and some of it's fans mirror the government.

You're argument loses some credibility when you suggest that the Russians couldn't contend with a proper English firm. Honestly you can't on the one hand call them cowards and then suggest that England still holds the FV number seed spot.
Login to get fewer ads

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 08:08 - Jun 20 with 2824 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:13 - Jun 13 by Stanisgod

Always thought the same about the Serbs, even Djokovics lot look like they want to tear someones head off .

Wondered how long it would take for those pesky Serbs to be brought up in an England v Russia thread.

I mean look at this 'lot', they're ready to tear heads off off at any second. Especially that blonde in the middle, she looks a right psycho!

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:52 - Jun 20 with 2705 viewsBrightonhoop

Very interesting piece worth a read.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/18/whitehall-suspects-kremlin-link
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 15:10 - Jun 20 with 2602 viewsDWQPR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:52 - Jun 20 by Brightonhoop

Very interesting piece worth a read.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/18/whitehall-suspects-kremlin-link

Doesn't surprise me one bit. I have said all along that this looked likely to be state-sponsored. It was too obvious not only in terms of the use of MMA gloves and gumshields but the general build of the Russians, all of whom seemed that they are taking more steroids than their athletes could ever dream of, but most importantly in the fact that despite the mayhem they caused, it was too well co-ordinated and they all managed to disappear before Monsieur Plod could arrest any of them.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 15:31 - Jun 20 with 2555 viewsBrightonhoop

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 15:10 - Jun 20 by DWQPR

Doesn't surprise me one bit. I have said all along that this looked likely to be state-sponsored. It was too obvious not only in terms of the use of MMA gloves and gumshields but the general build of the Russians, all of whom seemed that they are taking more steroids than their athletes could ever dream of, but most importantly in the fact that despite the mayhem they caused, it was too well co-ordinated and they all managed to disappear before Monsieur Plod could arrest any of them.

And the arrest and deportation of the leader, Putins mate, nearly caused a diplomatic with France. Perhaps we could send the British Army, led by the SAS, to support England in the World Cup lol.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:49 - Jun 20 with 2422 viewsTacticalR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:31 - Jun 16 by TacticalR

Shprygin expelled
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36546183

It's that man again...

Russian fan leader back in France
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36579532

Air hostess clique

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 23:12 - Jun 20 with 2339 viewsLadbrokeR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 15:10 - Jun 20 by DWQPR

We've all read the papers and have seen how these groups of Russians engage in arranged fights in forests. I may be missing something here but what do Russia gain from state sponsorship ? Infact a negative unintended consequence could have been removing them as host nation for the 2018 World Cup.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 23:39 - Jun 20 with 2311 viewsTacticalR

The question is, how do we sponsor hooligans, as frankly the showing at this tournament so far has been very poor.

Should we perhaps bring back national service and hand-pick hooligans from the cream of the intake?

Or how about a new Saturday night show 'Britain's got Hooligans' where the public can get involved and vote in the most talented hooligans?

Air hostess clique

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 00:34 - Jun 21 with 2071 viewskensalriser

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 23:39 - Jun 20 by TacticalR

The question is, how do we sponsor hooligans, as frankly the showing at this tournament so far has been very poor.

Should we perhaps bring back national service and hand-pick hooligans from the cream of the intake?

Or how about a new Saturday night show 'Britain's got Hooligans' where the public can get involved and vote in the most talented hooligans?

Theme song: Aggro's Coming Home (or Agro for the purists among you).

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:52 - Jun 21 with 1910 viewsMedwayR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36571259

Well we've managed to make the list of clubs with U18's possessing football banning orders so perhaps the future is bright, unless they go all Raheem Sterling on us and leave for a big club and then stop performing by their early 20's...modern day hooligans get too much too young before they've actually proven themselves

Poll: Who’s better?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:36 - Jun 21 with 1878 viewsDorse

'Tonight, on 'Strictly Great Britain's Got Designs On The Hooligan Factor', our celebrities will face the dreaded Run Off as the public votes to see who is this week's scarfer and who will be crowned Top Boy.'
'That's right, Tess. After a difficult week in training, Vanessa Feltz and her partner Bermondsey Dave will be bottling Spanish riot police...'
'...And Professor Richard Dawkins with his partner Jimmy the Greek will attempt to chin a police horse whilst whizzing off his nut'.
'And I can't wait to see who will be stabbed in the buttocks by Roma's Ultras in the group round!'
'All to come later, Claudia, but for now, let's see how Robert Peston and his partner Ronnie 'Fcukbadger' Harris got on against the watercannons...'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 15:50 - Jun 21 with 1797 viewsMick_S

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 23:39 - Jun 20 by TacticalR

We need to learn from the Ruskies as they have from us. I'm proposing a meet up; details below.

Obviously, the date is part of the covert operation. You ain't seen me, right?
[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 15:52]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 16:00 - Jun 21 with 1783 viewsLongsufferingR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 23:12 - Jun 20 by LadbrokeR

We've all read the papers and have seen how these groups of Russians engage in arranged fights in forests. I may be missing something here but what do Russia gain from state sponsorship ? Infact a negative unintended consequence could have been removing them as host nation for the 2018 World Cup.

I think there's an element of sticking two fingers up at the rest of the world and basically confirming that nobody will be able or willing to stop them. Same as with the more regular fighter jet flights into other countries' airspace, the annexation of Crimea etc.

That's why I'm surprised the ban on Russian athletes at the Olympics has been upheld, but I'd be even more surprised if it isn't overturned before the games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024