Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where do you sit NOW with Adel 13:21 - May 11 with 7716 viewsfreddieeddie

Where do you sit NOW with Adel

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 20:24 - May 11 with 1521 viewsRanger78

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

I absolutely blame Harry Redknapp for instigating this because he hated him. Scandalous man management on someone who could have been a real asset.

It has however gone in for far too long now and Adel is to blame for not manning up and getting on with it. The spoilt brat sulk just does not wash anymore. Time to move on
Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 21:16 - May 11 with 1498 viewsBklynRanger

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 19:53 - May 11 by baz_qpr

Difference between being a coach and a manager I'm afraid, Derry was saying on the radio at the weekend it was not until he became a manager that he understood that every player is different and you have to manage them in different ways went on to talk about how Warnock did this with Adel in the promotion year and how he gets it now.

Would not surprise me if Adel threw a paddy over the West Ham game, frankly I threw a paddy over him being left on the bench for that game.

Would also add that I see Barton being one of those "bad eggs" The trio of Warnock signings SWP, Barton and Traore have been very destructive in different ways
[Post edited 11 May 2015 19:54]

Good point about the coach manager thing and SD's words. (Love you by the way SD.)

We really don't know everything that's gone on with Adel, it's all just conjecture. BUT (here's some more conjecture) if Ramsey wasn't playing him because of his attitude and approach to training then he was limiting his options at a time when he had very few.

I think just about all of us would rather have got to the end of the season saying something like: "I don't know how we managed to stay up, that fat bastard Adel could be barely run but he made a difference in a couple of crucial games" than be sitting where we are now with Ramsey's clear policy of needing to see proper effort in training, and nothing at all to show for it.
Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 21:24 - May 11 with 1489 viewswombat

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 21:16 - May 11 by BklynRanger

Good point about the coach manager thing and SD's words. (Love you by the way SD.)

We really don't know everything that's gone on with Adel, it's all just conjecture. BUT (here's some more conjecture) if Ramsey wasn't playing him because of his attitude and approach to training then he was limiting his options at a time when he had very few.

I think just about all of us would rather have got to the end of the season saying something like: "I don't know how we managed to stay up, that fat bastard Adel could be barely run but he made a difference in a couple of crucial games" than be sitting where we are now with Ramsey's clear policy of needing to see proper effort in training, and nothing at all to show for it.

How many times have we been told that adel is training well knuckling down doing what's asked in training , gets on the bench the following sat , then either gets five mins at the end when the games gone or somehow doesn't even make the bench , he's then dropped and we start again. , writing was on the wall when the twitch walked into loftus road the first day , Derry has seen players need different things , yes he's a tw@t prob not easy to get on with but he's been fecked around by Harry and indeed Ramsey as well would you bother at work being treated like that ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 21:44 - May 11 with 1481 viewsJamie

Ramsey has quite rightly said that he won't pick players who don't train hard every day.

Vargas was training like a cnt, Ramsey dropped him, he bucked his ideas up and got back in the squad.

Taarabt trains like a cnt, continues to train like a cnt so rightly doesn't play.

If you want to change attitudes at the club, nobody should be above the rules, even ones Clive off LFW has a hardon for.
Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 21:49 - May 11 with 1470 viewsDeano19766

First bus/train/plane out of here. The evidence suggests the bloke is just a selfish, self-important, big headed, lazy, contemptuous, arrogant tw@t.
Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 21:58 - May 11 with 1464 viewsgigiisourgod

Our club is built around flaw geniuses. Get him on the pitch. Tell him he's going nowhere playing no. 10 next season. Like it or not and build the team around him.
Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 22:10 - May 11 with 1448 viewsDeano19766

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 21:58 - May 11 by gigiisourgod

Our club is built around flaw geniuses. Get him on the pitch. Tell him he's going nowhere playing no. 10 next season. Like it or not and build the team around him.

The opposite side of the coin is this I suppose. Guess it depends on where you stand with regards discipline of a professional
Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 22:16 - May 11 with 1438 viewsgigiisourgod

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 22:10 - May 11 by Deano19766

The opposite side of the coin is this I suppose. Guess it depends on where you stand with regards discipline of a professional

Yeah easy to hold my views from behind the keyboard. He must be an absolute nightmare for a manager.
Login to get fewer ads

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 22:16 - May 11 with 1437 viewsJamie

They tried that 2 years ago. He ended up acting like a cnt and got himself sent home from the pre-season tour, whilst trying to push through a heavily subsidised loan to Fulhams bench.
Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 22:21 - May 11 with 1424 viewsgigiisourgod

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 22:16 - May 11 by Jamie

They tried that 2 years ago. He ended up acting like a cnt and got himself sent home from the pre-season tour, whilst trying to push through a heavily subsidised loan to Fulhams bench.

I fail to see the point in heavily subsidised loans. Just play him. His performances have almost always been decent. If he refuses to play, terminate his contract.
Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 22:24 - May 11 with 1216 viewsTW_R

Which flawed geniuses has our club been built around?
Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 22:35 - May 11 with 1204 viewswombat

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 22:24 - May 11 by TW_R

Which flawed geniuses has our club been built around?

Bowles was one , imagine if this message board had been around when stanly was playing

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 23:20 - May 11 with 1176 viewsSimonJames

NW managed the resources he had in order to get the job done (i.e promotion).
After that you have to consider how good a fit Adel was for a Premiership team. My foggy recollection was that he tended to behave like a sulky brat in the PL. Whether he was badly advised by his agent, or pissed off about Joey arriving, or whatever... I don't think he particularly covered himself in glory during 2011/12
If the rest of the team were happy for him to do his own thing and just pitch up on a Thursday, or whenever, so be it. But it doesn't sound like the basis of a close knit team to me... and for a relatively small club like QPR I think a tight group of players is essential.

P.s. If he's that good why is he still at QPR?
[Post edited 11 May 2015 23:34]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 23:30 - May 11 with 1172 viewsLewes_r

He's a waste of space

I'm utterly amazed at some of the worshipping of him that continues to go on here.

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 10:39 - May 12 with 1109 viewsQPunkR

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 23:30 - May 11 by Lewes_r

He's a waste of space

I'm utterly amazed at some of the worshipping of him that continues to go on here.

But enough about Barton...

QPR - "shit but local"

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 12:02 - May 12 with 1091 viewsdaveB

He's not helped himself this season, given a fresh start under Ramsey but he's not taken it. I do wonder if he refused to come on against West Ham as I can't think of any other reason why he's getting stick, it's not been his fault we have gone down but he's an easy scapegoat.

I don't think he's as bad as some make out but as I say he's not helped himself this season and has wasted an amazing talent.
Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 13:38 - May 12 with 1016 viewsCambsHoop

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 12:02 - May 12 by daveB

He's not helped himself this season, given a fresh start under Ramsey but he's not taken it. I do wonder if he refused to come on against West Ham as I can't think of any other reason why he's getting stick, it's not been his fault we have gone down but he's an easy scapegoat.

I don't think he's as bad as some make out but as I say he's not helped himself this season and has wasted an amazing talent.

But has he been given a fresh start? He's been started twice (a month apart) and been given a few minutes as substitute. And when a manager pretty much puts his principles above our premier league status by not bringing on a potential match winner in a do-or-die must win home game, then I blame the manager, not the player on the bench. I pay to watch QPR players in matches, not to train. That's the manager's job to sort that out.
Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 13:41 - May 12 with 1009 viewsdaveB

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 13:38 - May 12 by CambsHoop

But has he been given a fresh start? He's been started twice (a month apart) and been given a few minutes as substitute. And when a manager pretty much puts his principles above our premier league status by not bringing on a potential match winner in a do-or-die must win home game, then I blame the manager, not the player on the bench. I pay to watch QPR players in matches, not to train. That's the manager's job to sort that out.

all about having standards at a club though, if you let players do nothing all week and they still get picked why should anyone else bother. Ramsey did the right thing in making players work and earn the shirt, they should be the very least a football club can expect.

I've no idea what happened against West Ham but for him to not be brought on suggests something was badly wrong.
Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 14:01 - May 12 with 1457 viewsHantsR

Where do I sit with Adel? Well, space is tight enough already in SAR so I would have to move away if his fat arse was next to me...and I think that's a metaphor for my feelings towards him as well.
Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 14:05 - May 12 with 1453 viewsSimonJames

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 13:38 - May 12 by CambsHoop

I can't imagine that Ramsey/Sir Les are perpetuating some vendetta that Redknapp had with him, and I don't see clubs lining up to buy him, like they are with Charlie. Rather than there being some big conspiracy against him I suspect the truth is more mundane... he is unprofessional and has a pisspoor attitude.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 14:17 - May 12 with 1426 viewsjohncharles

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 22:35 - May 11 by wombat

Bowles was one , imagine if this message board had been around when stanly was playing

Plenty of moaning and groaning at the time about Stanley. Doesn't work hard enough, track back, making the club a laughing stock with his shenanigans with topless models.
The usual anal retentive stuff.

Strong and stable my arse.

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 22:46 - May 12 with 1365 viewsTW_R

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 22:35 - May 11 by wombat

From a footballing perspective I never saw Bowles as flawed. He trained as hard as anyone and worked his socks off on the pitch. He wasn't afraid to put n a tackle either. He had his gambling issues off the pitch of course.

Adel is a footballing genius who's a lazy f*cker that's pissed his career up the wall.
Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 23:09 - May 12 with 1338 viewsCambsHoop

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 13:41 - May 12 by daveB

all about having standards at a club though, if you let players do nothing all week and they still get picked why should anyone else bother. Ramsey did the right thing in making players work and earn the shirt, they should be the very least a football club can expect.

I've no idea what happened against West Ham but for him to not be brought on suggests something was badly wrong.

"all about having standards at a club though, if you let players do nothing all week and they still get picked why should anyone else bother". Because they're not as good? If Lionel Messi decided he was bored of Barca' and wanted to play for us next year, but said he wasn't going to turn up to train every day, I'd still take him.

I'm no Taarabt apologist. The guy's wasted his talent, has a bad attitude, and doesn't give two hoots about us. Just saying that I'm not sure that this fresh start actually materialised and that to leave him on the bench all game against West Ham, when it was so obviously heading towards a 0-0 and required someone of his ability to change it, was shockingly poor management.
Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 23:24 - May 12 with 1320 viewsdaveB

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 23:09 - May 12 by CambsHoop

"all about having standards at a club though, if you let players do nothing all week and they still get picked why should anyone else bother". Because they're not as good? If Lionel Messi decided he was bored of Barca' and wanted to play for us next year, but said he wasn't going to turn up to train every day, I'd still take him.

I'm no Taarabt apologist. The guy's wasted his talent, has a bad attitude, and doesn't give two hoots about us. Just saying that I'm not sure that this fresh start actually materialised and that to leave him on the bench all game against West Ham, when it was so obviously heading towards a 0-0 and required someone of his ability to change it, was shockingly poor management.

I'd suggest if Messi didn't turn up and train every day regardless of how good he is he won't be able to produce on a match day in the way he does when he works at his game.

I know Adel was a special case and it worked for us but those days have gone. It helped create a culture at the club that it doesn't matter what happens in training, doesn't matter if you don't work hard in matches you'll get picked regardless. Then we wonder why we get performances like Sunday.

Ramsey can't say to his players if they work hard in training they will get chance in the team and then pick someone who isn't doing that, all about standards we have have some self respect about the shirt or we don't.

Adel is a great talent and maybe should have come on against West Ham but Ramsey didn't ignore him for a laugh, something is obviously going on.
Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 23:47 - May 12 with 1295 viewsPunteR

Where do you sit NOW with Adel on 23:24 - May 12 by daveB

I'd suggest if Messi didn't turn up and train every day regardless of how good he is he won't be able to produce on a match day in the way he does when he works at his game.

I know Adel was a special case and it worked for us but those days have gone. It helped create a culture at the club that it doesn't matter what happens in training, doesn't matter if you don't work hard in matches you'll get picked regardless. Then we wonder why we get performances like Sunday.

Ramsey can't say to his players if they work hard in training they will get chance in the team and then pick someone who isn't doing that, all about standards we have have some self respect about the shirt or we don't.

Adel is a great talent and maybe should have come on against West Ham but Ramsey didn't ignore him for a laugh, something is obviously going on.

The training hasn't been up to scratch at QPR for a while now, there's plenty of players that don't look fit or sharp enough. Its not just Taraabt. He done well at Milan,Fulham fan that I worked with said he played well. He's just not happy here. He's gone from club captain and hero status with agents probably promising him everything ,to sitting on the subs bench because he "doesn't track back enough " in premier league games.
He hasn't helped himself for sure but I think he's been made a scapegoat too many times and messed about by managers.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024