Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January 10:46 - Oct 8 with 12882 viewswr72

I'm expecting pelters for this but I do think there will be serious interest in the lad come transfer window time.And with 30 m in the bank and Pozuelu loitering in the background then maybe it doesn't sound as crazy as first thoughts.

Is there a case that we've become to reliant on Michu and our whole game revolves around him it seems.Could it be time for a shake up and a change of personnel up there or am i way off the mark.

Sensible replies would be appreciated as I don't fancy a slanging match this morning.

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 17:54 - Oct 8 with 2645 viewsParlay

Sorry to say but £20 million odd is peanuts these days when talking about the best player in your history and lynchpin of the side. What is it broken down to, 13 weeks club earnings?

Also, whats the point in having money that you cant spend?

Wigan had this issue. They sold all their best players (that they picked up for bargains) for lots of money, but didnt have the wage structure to replace them. You cant keep picking up world class bargains. We would just end up with 4 or 5 - £5m players or the like.

If we were to replace Michu woth similar quality then we woukd probably have to spend £20m on one player, which isnt going to happen especially when said player would come with wages expected of a £20m player.

We dont need the money, especially with the improved sky deal.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2013 17:56]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 18:11 - Oct 8 with 2634 viewswr72

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 17:54 - Oct 8 by Parlay

Sorry to say but £20 million odd is peanuts these days when talking about the best player in your history and lynchpin of the side. What is it broken down to, 13 weeks club earnings?

Also, whats the point in having money that you cant spend?

Wigan had this issue. They sold all their best players (that they picked up for bargains) for lots of money, but didnt have the wage structure to replace them. You cant keep picking up world class bargains. We would just end up with 4 or 5 - £5m players or the like.

If we were to replace Michu woth similar quality then we woukd probably have to spend £20m on one player, which isnt going to happen especially when said player would come with wages expected of a £20m player.

We dont need the money, especially with the improved sky deal.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2013 17:56]

Huw is talking 30m plus ,Dimi bach.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 18:13 - Oct 8 with 2631 viewssomersetsimon

I don't think we ever want to sell him, but if a huge club, a genuine Champion's League contender, came in with £30M and he wanted to go, then there's not much we could do. I don't think he's the sort of player who would join any old club just for the money.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 18:16 - Oct 8 with 2622 viewsGrandPrix

He will wait to see where Laudrup goes in the summer I reckon

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 19:05 - Oct 8 with 2591 viewsDull1Thomas

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:40 - Oct 8 by SkipTheJack

Let's be honest, if anyone offers £20m+ for Michu he's gone. We're not Manchester United and cannot afford to turn down that kind of money.

The key, as always, is how we replace our best players.

we could get two Bonys or another bony Pablo and JdG.

Keep Michu

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 21:50 - Oct 8 with 2553 viewsLiam12345

40m or not at all other players of his caliber are worth 40m so why not him.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 21:56 - Oct 8 with 2550 viewswr72

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 21:50 - Oct 8 by Liam12345

40m or not at all other players of his caliber are worth 40m so why not him.

I nearly said to cool your boots then when i read 40 million but If he's a hit for Spain then he's gonna be one of the hottest properties around.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 02:10 - Oct 9 with 2509 viewsSwansNZ

I would not like to see Michu go in January, or even next Summer for 30 Million.

30 Million for Swansea would of course be great, but with that sort money for him, I could see us weakening the team, but strengthening the squad.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2013 2:11]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 05:05 - Oct 9 with 2489 viewsParlay

"Huw is talking £30m"

.... OK which makes it 20 weeks club earnings then? Worth it?... No.

The only reason i would sell if Michu himself wants to go for footballing reasons. If its for money then id rather give him what he wants.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2013 5:08]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 06:39 - Oct 9 with 2462 viewsLord_Bony

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 02:10 - Oct 9 by SwansNZ

I would not like to see Michu go in January, or even next Summer for 30 Million.

30 Million for Swansea would of course be great, but with that sort money for him, I could see us weakening the team, but strengthening the squad.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2013 2:11]

I agree.

Look,signing Michu was the equivalent in football of signing The Beatles before they made it.

It s not going to happen again. Scouts are now looking abroad much more diligently these days after this one slipped through the net.

ML prob will be gone at seasons end,Michu could well follow him.but let s not forget he s signed here till2016 so there will be a hefty buy out.

We currently pay him about 30k a week plus bonuses. Lots of footballers these days get over 200 k a week.

So it s not the money that seems to motivate him it s the football and the team he plays with.

So if we can keep him happy here and up his wages ffs then there may be a chance that bids will be rejected. But as ML said it s down to the player at the end of the day.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 09:23 - Oct 9 with 2417 viewsperchrockjack

If sold at 30m it would be a massiver gamble which we don't need to do.
We aint skint by any means and he would have to be replaced by someone of international class at the top of their game whichmeans at least 20m.

Apart from anything else,it would alienate many fans as he really is irreplaceable at the moment.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 09:37 - Oct 9 with 2407 viewswr72

I'd much rather he stayed but his stock at the moment is touching the trusses and about to go through the roof.For 30million plus we could find an able replacement and also add a winger or two and still have change.We musn't forget Pozuelu either.

Or isn't this how we still work as a club?Maybe we're now a club capable of keeping our top players until their contract runs down and then offer them another and they'll gladly put pen to paper.

Come January,we'll be fighting off half of the elite clubs in Europe for Michus signature.Let's hope he loves it here and Laudrup gives him the assurances that he wants to hear and then stay.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January (n/t) on 10:37 - Oct 9 with 2386 viewsbostondanvers

[Post edited 9 Oct 2013 10:40]
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 10:42 - Oct 9 with 2383 viewsbostondanvers

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 17:29 - Oct 8 by monmouth

Yes.......although your analogy does have a couple of potential minor flaws. Mostly so when you consider that Michu is a world class player called up to the best team in the world, and LT10 is a lower league journeyman that was out of his depth in the championship, where he had no real strengths to play to. Don't you think calling him 'God' tends to undermine the credibility of your position a little bit too? Although watching him try and run when he came back to us, did make me think 'Jesus'.

Michu would fit in like a dream in most teams, but I agree he should stay with us.

I think you may be undermining your own position when you say that Michu is world class - a phrase that is wildly over used these days, for good players.
With regards to LT, I think he was a bit more than a journeyman, he put this club on the map and delighted us all with his tricks and goals, not bad for a man with no pace, just plain skill and desire.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 11:48 - Oct 10 with 2301 viewsduckling

Personally I don't think it likely in January, he might still go, but I don't think he nor the club would be to happy(Especially if there's still Europa League games to play)

To be honest thinking a bit about Michu the biggest reason I could see him possibly leaving for at the end of the season or next would be CL.

Now here's an oddball question:

"Would you allow a player a season long loan to another league to live the dream of CL for a season before he'd return to the club again? "
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 12:58 - Oct 10 with 2278 views2face

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:23 - Oct 8 by Uxbridge

I'd be mildly flabbergasted if we ever paid out a £30m dividend. And by that I mean I'll be heading down there with a baseball bat!

The trust should just earmark it's dividend to buy up shares from the other share holders. Eventually the trust would own the club lock, stock and barrel.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2013 12:58]
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 13:25 - Oct 10 with 2258 viewsmonmouth

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 12:58 - Oct 10 by 2face

The trust should just earmark it's dividend to buy up shares from the other share holders. Eventually the trust would own the club lock, stock and barrel.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2013 12:58]

You should give Gideon Osborne a ring. He's on your financial wavelength.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024