Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January 10:46 - Oct 8 with 12883 viewswr72

I'm expecting pelters for this but I do think there will be serious interest in the lad come transfer window time.And with 30 m in the bank and Pozuelu loitering in the background then maybe it doesn't sound as crazy as first thoughts.

Is there a case that we've become to reliant on Michu and our whole game revolves around him it seems.Could it be time for a shake up and a change of personnel up there or am i way off the mark.

Sensible replies would be appreciated as I don't fancy a slanging match this morning.

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 13:40 - Oct 8 with 2128 viewsperchrockjack

Agreed in full with last comment

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 13:52 - Oct 8 with 2099 viewsMattG

A lot of uncertainties in January - where are we in the Premier League, what's happening in the Europa League. If we were safe (or pretty much) in the PL and out of the EL then I suppose it could happen if a club came in with that sort of dosh and he wanted to go.

Agree with others, though, that it's much more likely in the summer, particularly if ML decides he's not sticking around.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 13:56 - Oct 8 with 2092 viewsEuroJacks

Rip is contract up,and double is wages if any player is worth keeping its him.If he does leave hope all the money used for rebuilding.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 14:27 - Oct 8 with 2049 viewstrolley_jack

From a fans point of veiw no chance, I know its a lot of money but for 30m we would be selling one of the best players in the league and no doubt the best player ever to wear a swans shirt. With that money we could go into the market to try and improve the squad but would be unlikely to find a better player than Michu. Plus his work rate and eagerness to win the game and the ball back is a rare trait in a football these days rember nowich home last season and how keen he was to get the game restarted at every stop in play, St gallen home taking a boot in the head would of finished the majority of players games. I personally feel if we sold Michu even with 30m in the bank we would be a poorer team for it. Any player we went in for would be over valued by the selling club too knowing we have that sort of money.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 14:29 - Oct 8 with 2043 viewsDyfnant

So sell him for £30M and the Trust can have £6M in the bank, great

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 14:45 - Oct 8 with 2032 viewsGretsch

The way I see it, the amount of games he plays and the way he plays he's going to be knackered by Xmas.

He will have hopes of a world cup place, so he will be keen to keep his form up, if he goes to, e.g. Man Utd., he may end up on the bench and lose out, so I think he will stay with us till the summer.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 14:48 - Oct 8 with 2027 viewsUxbridge

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 14:29 - Oct 8 by Dyfnant

So sell him for £30M and the Trust can have £6M in the bank, great

How'd that work then?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:04 - Oct 8 with 2009 viewsJackSomething

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 13:22 - Oct 8 by AnotherJohn

There are too many on the forum who can't wait for us to be the richest club in the Championship - whether it is by cashing in on Ash or Michu. Goals don't come easily at this level, and we have seen that spending 12 million doesn't guarantee a flow of league goals straight away. Even with Michu our position this season is not exactly comfortable (I'm hoping Ash's return will ease those fears). Without Michu we are relegation fodder, at least until somebody else gets into double figures in the league,

P.S. This is not a reply to the previous post.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2013 13:22]

Where has anyone suggested cashing in on him?

Most people have stated they want him to stay, but acknowledged that if an offer came in around the £30m mark and he wanted to go, then he'd be gone. Which is realistic.

As Uxbridge says, as fans we want him to stay no matter what because he's brilliant, but you have to take a step back and see it realistically.

Relegation fodder without him? Yeah we were so close to relegation in the 11/12 season weren't we? Good grief.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:13 - Oct 8 with 2003 viewstomdickharry

Yes.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:15 - Oct 8 with 2001 viewsDyfnant

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 14:48 - Oct 8 by Uxbridge

How'd that work then?

Dividends innit

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:23 - Oct 8 with 1974 viewsdeanscfc

Next summer I expect Laudrup will be off and therefore so will Michu anyway. At least a few players that came for Laudrup will leave with him too - unfortunately.

It's always going to be that way for us as we are not one of the financial heavyweights - our focus just has to be this season. If somehow we finished top 6 this season or won another trophy then maybe some of those big names would consider staying.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:23 - Oct 8 with 1973 viewsUxbridge

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:15 - Oct 8 by Dyfnant

Dividends innit

I'd be mildly flabbergasted if we ever paid out a £30m dividend. And by that I mean I'll be heading down there with a baseball bat!

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:28 - Oct 8 with 1967 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:04 - Oct 8 by JackSomething

Most people have stated they want him to stay, but acknowledged that if an offer came in around the £30m mark and he wanted to go, then he'd be gone. Which is realistic.

As Uxbridge says, as fans we want him to stay no matter what because he's brilliant, but you have to take a step back and see it realistically.

Relegation fodder without him? Yeah we were so close to relegation in the 11/12 season weren't we? Good grief.

Interesting point about the 11/12 season there. When you look at the squad we had that season, most of us would be terrified that we'd be in trouble now with that lot. The fact that we got 47 points with that squad is amazing really and Rodgers did a fantastic job without doubt.

Last season's squad was infinitely better in terms of quality than Rodgers' squad yet we only managed 46 points. Yeah, we won the League Cup and tailed off after Wembley but 46 points was a bit disappointing considering the group of players we had. Or was it? Maybe the 47 points the year before was way overachieving with that squad and 46 last year was about right?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:30 - Oct 8 with 1964 viewsAnotherJohn

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:04 - Oct 8 by JackSomething

Realism is the 60 odd million per year that comes with staying in the BPL. You are entitled to your opinion, but mine is that sans Ash and Michu we would be in the proverbial. In time, as I said, replacements may come through, but that looks some way off.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:32 - Oct 8 with 1961 viewsdeanscfc

We were on for 55+ points last season. the last 10 games the form dipped dramatically. This season again will be tough becuase of Europe. But Rodgers did do an incredible job. His total possession football acted as a form of defence (they couldn't hit us when we had the ball) and I remember us giving the likes of Tottenham better games than we have under Laudrup. We try to be very attacking now - which is good, but teams can split our defence easier now.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:36 - Oct 8 with 1830 viewsDarran

Reading this I can't imagine how some people are going to cope if Muchu gets injured,God forbid he'd fractured his skull or something against St Gallen the Coed would be fully booked.

Just for the record the last time Michu missed a league game we won and that was with f*cking Schecter upfront

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:39 - Oct 8 with 1823 viewsdeanscfc

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:36 - Oct 8 by Darran

Reading this I can't imagine how some people are going to cope if Muchu gets injured,God forbid he'd fractured his skull or something against St Gallen the Coed would be fully booked.

Just for the record the last time Michu missed a league game we won and that was with f*cking Schecter upfront

who was that against out of interest?
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:42 - Oct 8 with 1819 viewsPlasticman

No.

What good is money to spend when we can only get stuff for them that is worse than what we are selling to get money?

Is it a football club that strives to do as good as possible, or is it a commercial company that aims to earn money?

I hope it's the former and not the latter, cause that is the story I 'bought into' when I decided I wanted to support the swans rather than any of the other clubs in the premier.

Plastic since 2012

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:45 - Oct 8 with 1811 viewsDarran

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:39 - Oct 8 by deanscfc

who was that against out of interest?

Wigan away.

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 16:05 - Oct 8 with 1790 views_

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:45 - Oct 8 by Darran

Wigan away.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 16:07 - Oct 8 with 1779 viewsDarran

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 16:05 - Oct 8 by _

They beat Man City four days later in the cup final.

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 16:55 - Oct 8 with 1749 viewsbostondanvers

Lets cut to the chase, Michu was unheard of before he came to us. Since joining he's been brilliant and I wouldn't like him to go. Playing for us and the way we play suits him down to the ground, but saying that how many players who left the Swans have gone on to better things ? Other clubs don't play our way look at Lee Trundle (God) went to Bristol City and they didn't play to his strengths, so he may not be such a success whoever he may move to. - Best stay with us and enjoy the ride.
Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 16:58 - Oct 8 with 1744 viewsSwanfan1

with all due respect I think Michu will do good for any team,
his very hard working, and likes to create the game, thats why he is so different from so many other players, his finishing is superb, and he scored 15 goals for rayo vallecano as midfielder that says a lot about him.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 17:16 - Oct 8 with 1728 viewsDyfnant

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 15:23 - Oct 8 by Uxbridge

I'd be mildly flabbergasted if we ever paid out a £30m dividend. And by that I mean I'll be heading down there with a baseball bat!

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 17:29 - Oct 8 with 1712 viewsmonmouth

Would you sell Michu for 30m in January on 16:55 - Oct 8 by bostondanvers

Lets cut to the chase, Michu was unheard of before he came to us. Since joining he's been brilliant and I wouldn't like him to go. Playing for us and the way we play suits him down to the ground, but saying that how many players who left the Swans have gone on to better things ? Other clubs don't play our way look at Lee Trundle (God) went to Bristol City and they didn't play to his strengths, so he may not be such a success whoever he may move to. - Best stay with us and enjoy the ride.

Yes.......although your analogy does have a couple of potential minor flaws. Mostly so when you consider that Michu is a world class player called up to the best team in the world, and LT10 is a lower league journeyman that was out of his depth in the championship, where he had no real strengths to play to. Don't you think calling him 'God' tends to undermine the credibility of your position a little bit too? Although watching him try and run when he came back to us, did make me think 'Jesus'.

Michu would fit in like a dream in most teams, but I agree he should stay with us.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024