Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saito 22:27 - Oct 22 with 3469 viewsloftboy

Did well when he came on,I reckon he will be a big favourite once he’s fully settled.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Saito on 22:57 - Oct 22 with 2447 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree.
He was my MOTM. Positive, hard-working and - no small thing, this - seemed to be enjoying himself.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Saito on 22:59 - Oct 22 with 2424 viewsaston_hoop

I like Saito, almost a bit of a throwback winger type player, gets at his man one v one. Pep Guardiola loves having a player like Saito in his squad and I think we will benefit from it a lot too

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Saito on 23:03 - Oct 22 with 2394 viewsjoolsyp

Saito on 22:57 - Oct 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree.
He was my MOTM. Positive, hard-working and - no small thing, this - seemed to be enjoying himself.

Agreed Brian, me too. I posted on the other thread that most of our good work went through him first half (including the run and cut-back on a plate for Field) and he did really well as a makeshift left-back for much of the game, even if it nullified his forward runs. Amazing what a bit of pace, good control and a willingness to take on your man can get you in this league.
Saito on 23:17 - Oct 22 with 2322 viewsJevlar

My MOTM also. Has a decent vertical leap on him. Never gave up and has bit of zip and trickery. He could be a genuine option on the left wing. I liked that he never held on to it for too long. Released it at the right time.
Saito on 23:21 - Oct 22 with 2292 viewsBoston

He reads the game, knows his position, gets physically stronger by the day, has the makings of a good 'un.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Saito on 23:26 - Oct 22 with 2265 viewsconnell10

Definitely my man of the match.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Saito on 23:28 - Oct 22 with 2218 viewsstainrods_elbow

For sure, he can do really well at this level, and the signs are promising.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Saito on 23:43 - Oct 22 with 2178 viewsbaz_qpr

Thought he did brilliantly at left wing back. Thought it was a suicidal substitution at first. Love his attitude, love he plays with a smile on his face, love the little bow to the crowd at the end of the game or if he gets subbed when starting
Login to get fewer ads

Saito on 23:53 - Oct 22 with 2117 viewsGosportHoops

Just through the door! I totally agree, I absolutely love him already, great determination, great attitude
Saito on 23:54 - Oct 22 with 2103 viewsessextaxiboy

Superb disciplined performance, my MOM
Saito on 23:57 - Oct 22 with 2097 viewsLazyFan

Saito on 22:57 - Oct 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree.

Yeah for me too.
Think, he's a LW forced to play LB, it was LB not LWB. JCS had a to cover a bit but mostly he stood up. Got caught out of position in the 2nd half but that happens to Paal tool

Now, Cov did not have a go at him. If he can defend like that against a proper winger, then why not have him at LB. Paals replacement when he fecks off.

I also wanna see if he can handle a CF who spins onto him to win headers with diags. If he can handle that and defend position-wise better then he will be the best LB since Wilson.

zzzzzzzzzz

Saito on 00:05 - Oct 23 with 2066 viewsstevec

Saito could be a very good player in a decent team.
Saito on 00:10 - Oct 23 with 2046 viewsbob566

He was excellent. Brilliant attacking and not too bad defending
Saito on 06:49 - Oct 23 with 1881 viewsnumptydumpty

Saito on 00:10 - Oct 23 by bob566

He was excellent. Brilliant attacking and not too bad defending

You can believe he can run past defenders

And actually was decent in defence.

Belies his size and build completely

And you can tell he loves being on the pitch. Looks excited to be there and smiles when he plays. He is enjoying himself.

So many of our players look frightened and simply trying not to make mistakes. Saito gives it a go and can do unexpected things with the ball and definitely someone that the opposition not sure how to handle him.

For me he is a starter when fit every time.

Very very likeable player.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Saito on 07:01 - Oct 23 with 1832 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Yes, he was excellent and is very hard to understand why he hasn't started the last two games.

Conversely, Dembele (who we know has talent in spades) was awful last night. We need to get him firing quickly.
Saito on 07:10 - Oct 23 with 1817 viewsdmm

Saito on 07:01 - Oct 23 by Wegerles_Stairs

Yes, he was excellent and is very hard to understand why he hasn't started the last two games.

Conversely, Dembele (who we know has talent in spades) was awful last night. We need to get him firing quickly.

It's strange that as Saito has improved, Dembele has regressed. Nevertheless, I think both will turn out to be good signings.
Saito on 07:15 - Oct 23 with 1802 viewsdavman

So much better than Paal there as was Bennie when he stepped in. The sooner we get rid of Paal the better; the team improved when he was off the pitch.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Saito on 07:30 - Oct 23 with 1730 viewsNorthantsHoop

Thought Saito played well last night, a trier has improved and creating stuff, getting to grips with the league. Bemused by Dembele seems to have lost his way a bit since making an early impact, whereas Saito is making an impact.
Saito on 08:11 - Oct 23 with 1628 viewsthehat

He was great last night a much better option as wing back than Paal who has been poor for quite some time.
Saito on 08:59 - Oct 23 with 1485 viewsstevec

Saito on 07:15 - Oct 23 by davman

So much better than Paal there as was Bennie when he stepped in. The sooner we get rid of Paal the better; the team improved when he was off the pitch.

To be fair, Paal going off forced us to play a back three which, when JCS, Cook and Dunne are available, is a sensible option.

Thought the manager bottled it a little pushing Saito back so far in the second half, not the first time that we’ve taken that wing out of operation second half.
Saito on 11:15 - Oct 23 with 1258 viewsrobith

Really love how he took on basically playing left back with zero fuss and no little upper body strength. I think I love him
Saito on 13:12 - Oct 23 with 1097 viewsMick_S

Saito on 23:43 - Oct 22 by baz_qpr

Thought he did brilliantly at left wing back. Thought it was a suicidal substitution at first. Love his attitude, love he plays with a smile on his face, love the little bow to the crowd at the end of the game or if he gets subbed when starting

I hadn’t noticed the bow - this is great! Has he been carded yet?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Saito on 13:42 - Oct 23 with 939 viewsLogman

Just want to echo the above comments. Saito was excellent. Should be first name on the teamsheet, at LWB for this Saturday. Amazing guts and determination for such a small player. Get 10 others like him and Paul Smyth in the team and we will be OK.
Saito on 14:00 - Oct 23 with 878 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Saito on 13:42 - Oct 23 by Logman

Just want to echo the above comments. Saito was excellent. Should be first name on the teamsheet, at LWB for this Saturday. Amazing guts and determination for such a small player. Get 10 others like him and Paul Smyth in the team and we will be OK.

Well, ya, we'd be playing with 12 men.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Saito on 14:07 - Oct 23 with 812 viewsRangersw12

Saito was excellent last night and probably deserves a start at Burnley but I would be wary of putting him at LWB again as the opposition will just target him as he basically isn't a WB .

Same happened to Smyth last season after he initially started ok in that role

If we're going to play Saito then he needs to be further forward
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024