Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM 09:06 - Sep 15 with 31833 viewsconnell10

2-1 Rangers Frey and Anderson ...Eze obviously for them.
[Post edited 16 Sep 8:31]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:42 - Sep 17 with 2301 viewsBrazilNutR

Alfies shot was a mile better than Eze's but didn't get the fortuitous deflection... fine margins.. deserved to take it to pens
Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:42 - Sep 17 with 2300 viewsR_from_afar

FT 1-2. A lucky deflection and very few clear cut chances did for us.

That was a damn good second half by us.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:43 - Sep 17 with 2298 viewsJimmyR

Decent performance tbf
Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:43 - Sep 17 with 2270 viewsGaryBannister86

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:40 - Sep 17 by ted_hendrix

We've done well In the second half, drew 1-1 with a Prem club.

I'm okay with Celar Six games In let's give him a break.

SP
[Post edited 17 Sep 21:43]

Wholeheartedly agree. but it is getting worrying. How much time / settling do you need to make a darting run or try and stretch your neck out in the last minute to equalise?

Still happy to have faith but it is getting harder.

All season, or till Jan at least, with just Frey and Celar up front? Hmmm.
Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:44 - Sep 17 with 2209 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Good second half, says a lot that Palace were time wasting at the end.
Very impressed with Varane.
Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:44 - Sep 17 with 2181 viewsqueensparker

Alfie Lloyd's putting himself about as an option as well, we'll be alright.
Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:45 - Sep 17 with 2175 viewsNed_Kennedys

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:37 - Sep 17 by queensparker

Got to give Celar time but he's radiated pure Conor Washington vibes in this game

We have to stick by him as we’ve gone into the season with only two centre forwards.
Telling that Cifuentes didn’t want to risk bringing Frey on.
Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:45 - Sep 17 with 2136 viewsMalintabuk

Well a really brave 2nd half and we have ot shamed ourselves tonight .... Palace did enough, but we have given them a bit of a fright that 2nd half
2 poor goals... defensive mistake and a lucky deflection....
Eze though a class above everyone.... and just class
Good all round performance by us and a lot of positives.... Varane, Ashby, Paal, Saito all had good games.
Smyth gave them A lot of problems. Field had a good game and can see him being CH Saturday
Subs all contributed especially Lloyd so a lot to be positive about
For me MOTM was Varane
Login to get fewer ads

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:46 - Sep 17 with 2079 viewsGaryBannister86

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:45 - Sep 17 by Ned_Kennedys

We have to stick by him as we’ve gone into the season with only two centre forwards.

Yes, I thought that too. I think oddly not taking Celar off perhaps shows how much MC is going to rely on Frey.

Pleased with Varane today. Still think Cook is the one person we can't lose to injury.
Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:49 - Sep 17 with 1932 viewspaulparker

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:46 - Sep 17 by GaryBannister86

Yes, I thought that too. I think oddly not taking Celar off perhaps shows how much MC is going to rely on Frey.

Pleased with Varane today. Still think Cook is the one person we can't lose to injury.

Varne looked composed and got better as the game went on
Walsh was also decent & also a shout to the two right backs who I thought were impressive

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:49 - Sep 17 with 1918 viewsNed_Kennedys

No lack of effort from our lads and we ran them close but feels like a missed opportunity to me.
Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:50 - Sep 17 with 1888 viewsSuperhoops2808

All I will say is to all those who thought we would get hammered, we gave it a very good shot and several of my mates said we played better than Palarse in the 2nd half.

Unlucky tonight but lets get 3 points Saturday now please where it really counts
Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:51 - Sep 17 with 1811 viewsHooping_Mad

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:45 - Sep 17 by Ned_Kennedys

We have to be looking for a backup for the backups backup. In January.

I may uprate my original 'concern' to 'Think he's'

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:51 - Sep 17 with 1806 viewsMalintabuk

There's Always a silver lining... we haven't done a Barnsley... and Everton have lost again... lump on Dykes being the first Premier casualty
Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:51 - Sep 17 with 1805 viewsLogman

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:46 - Sep 17 by GaryBannister86

I agree. I don't know what he has seen in Celar. Madsen too, yet to see him take things by the scruff of the neck. Quite worrying signs. But half of the new players are returning on the investment so I suppose that's not too bad.
Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:52 - Sep 17 with 1785 viewsted_hendrix

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:43 - Sep 17 by GaryBannister86

Wholeheartedly agree. but it is getting worrying. How much time / settling do you need to make a darting run or try and stretch your neck out in the last minute to equalise?

Still happy to have faith but it is getting harder.

All season, or till Jan at least, with just Frey and Celar up front? Hmmm.

Well It aint great I'll give you that, but I cant remember us having someone up front who was good In the Charlie Austin mode.
He weren't great tonight (Celar) that Is which Is disappointing again, I don't know when you say enough Is enough and bin him, but Its not right now, not In my book anyway.
If he's crap against Millwall then maybe this league Is a bridge too far for the bloke.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:52 - Sep 17 with 1760 viewsstainrods_elbow

Made a good game of it in that 2nd half - just predictably outfoxed by a bit of stardust from Ebs, who got a big slice of luck too. Saito did well, as did Smyth, while Cook was an anchor again, especially with his fellow centre backs dropping (out) like flies, and I am glad to further amplify the shout-out for young Ashby. Fine goal from Field with an excellent set-up by Madsen for him and Smyth just before. The subs added good energy too, and Alfie was so unlucky with that late shot not to equalise. So plenty of positives against a strong Palace line-up. We showed we can play at pace, even if the cutting edge still isn't quite there.

Still feel we were mediocre in the 1st 45 once again, with a very questionable starting selection, and that put us on the backfoot, capped off by Walsh's error. Our inabilty to play for more than 50-60 minutes a game remains annoying and concerning, and it's on the manager.

On the minus side, Celar will have done himself no favours tonight, albeit with limited service. It's up front I go on feeling worried, and I just don't see a lot of goals this year from this team, unless the midfield can pitch in, harder though I think we'll be to beat.

But, overall, a decent B(+) for me, and there wasn't too much in it on the night.
[Post edited 17 Sep 21:59]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:53 - Sep 17 with 1712 viewsHAYESBOY

Thought we gave them a game. Maybe they were in 3rd gear but that's not our best 11 by at least 4 players.
Thought Varane showed that he is a good player. Thought EDB was unlucky to come off at half time. He played ok. Couple of nice passes to Madsen first time and a one two with Saito.
Ashby looked ok. Looks to have a little pace.
Celar is still the head scratcher to me. He looks isolated.
Would have loved to pit our first 11 when all fit against them. Bet Chair would have loved that game.
Hopefully no injuries and bring on Milwall.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:53 - Sep 17 with 1707 viewsstrikerace

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:37 - Sep 17 by queensparker

Got to give Celar time but he's radiated pure Conor Washington vibes in this game

I'm not seeing it. I'd much rather play an U21 and give him time, or even try Alfie there. Celar offers less than nothing
Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:54 - Sep 17 with 1693 viewsstainrods_elbow

He should have swallowed his worries and done so, with hindsight (and even foresight).

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:58 - Sep 17 with 1549 viewsjoolsyp

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 21:37 - Sep 17 by stainrods_elbow

Alfie so unlucky - I think he'll be a player for us!

He's fearless, zero fcuks given to Palace players when he came on, just got stuck in, won headers and nearly got an equaliser at the end. Would like to see him given a go more centrally, Celar was very mediocre tonight. Well done (again) Alfie.
Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 22:01 - Sep 17 with 1456 viewsrbee

Nothing like the thrashing some were predicting after the teams were announced. Fine margins to, their first was a poor goal for us to give away and then Eze’s deflection. Smythe and Lloyd came close for us.

Some solid performances from some players that were being slaughtered on here last month. Plenty of positives to take forward in defeat.

The only disappointment was the lack of Frey.
Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 22:06 - Sep 17 with 1318 viewsR_from_afar

Preston v Fulham is currently 13 all on pens!
[Post edited 17 Sep 22:07]

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 22:08 - Sep 17 with 1257 viewsA40Bosh

Don’t want to start peeing on the good bit of positivity on here about the 2nd half but other than his goal which we gifted him the space I felt Eze was taking his foot of the gas with us in mind. Gave a better account of ourselves than I thought we might when I saw the team sheets but the few changes improved us 2nd half and we gave it a good go.

Like many really am worried about Celar. Really felt he gave nothing again tonight just ambling about with no real aggression. I just hope it is still a case of more game time needed against league opponents and having quality ball offered him to work with but he needs to start adding value.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 22:11 - Sep 17 with 1140 viewsR_from_afar

Crystal Palaeze Cup Match Thread Sponsored by NUMPTY LTD.COM on 22:06 - Sep 17 by R_from_afar

Preston v Fulham is currently 13 all on pens!
[Post edited 17 Sep 22:07]

Preston triumph 16-15, the longest league cup penalty shoot-out ever.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024