Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Varane 10:05 - Aug 4 with 17404 viewsGaryHaddock

Signed

https://qpr.co.uk/news/2024/august/04/qpr-complete-signing-of-jonathan-varane/
[Post edited 4 Aug 10:06]
Varane on 20:43 - Aug 4 with 3950 viewsJamesB1979

Varane on 12:38 - Aug 4 by daveB

Begovic, Kakay, Larkeshe, Dozzell, Hayden, Hodge. Willock, Armstrong all played a big part over the season

To me the squad looks a lot weaker than it did last year

Begovic - I think we’ve improved on him
Kakay, Lakesh, Hodge barely played in our strong form in second half of season
Dozzell - I think having no one is an improvement
Hayden - let’s watch this space to see if we sign him on loan towards end of window

That leaves forward positions which I agree need strengthening.
Varane on 22:01 - Aug 4 with 3650 viewsCateLeBonR

Welcome to the madhouse Jon!
Varane on 22:28 - Aug 4 with 3483 viewsnumptydumpty

Good luck to you Signor Varane

Can you please be as good as your half brother...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Varane on 23:12 - Aug 4 with 3233 viewsCamberleyR

Varane on 22:28 - Aug 4 by numptydumpty

Good luck to you Signor Varane

Can you please be as good as your half brother...

Monsieur, Shirley?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Varane on 09:44 - Aug 5 with 2585 viewsTK1

Varane on 19:39 - Aug 4 by daveB

Stronger than a year ago weaker than it was in May though is what i meant

No doubt we'll sign more and the squad will look different but just speaking of how the squad looks today

I'm not sure any of these players have been replaced, players we've signed for the first team are Cellar, Nardi and Varane all a bit unknown if they are better than who they replaced, the rest are all players for the development squad replacing Drewe, Duke-Mckenna etc

1st team squad players that have left and their replacements since May:

Begovic - Nardi
Adomah/Kakay - Santos
Hayden - Varane
Armstrong - Celar
Larkeche has not been replaced (yet) but we've added a defender in Morrison who looks decent and has played at a good level in L1. Judging by Zyed's performance yesterday, he's a better defender.

Which leaves Willock, who we will definitely replace before close of window, if not by two signings then at least one. In the meantime clearly the idea is to muddle along with a combination of Kolli/Lloyd/Bennie until reinforcements arrive.

I don't agree that the squad is significantly worse than in May and I do think it will be significantly better by September. We look like a squad who will neither concede nor score many at present - but a couple of loans can transform that positively late in the window. The foundations look really solid, more solid defensively than I can remember, and I trust the coaching team since last season 100%.
Varane on 10:00 - Aug 5 with 2494 viewsdmm

Varane on 09:44 - Aug 5 by TK1

1st team squad players that have left and their replacements since May:

Begovic - Nardi
Adomah/Kakay - Santos
Hayden - Varane
Armstrong - Celar
Larkeche has not been replaced (yet) but we've added a defender in Morrison who looks decent and has played at a good level in L1. Judging by Zyed's performance yesterday, he's a better defender.

Which leaves Willock, who we will definitely replace before close of window, if not by two signings then at least one. In the meantime clearly the idea is to muddle along with a combination of Kolli/Lloyd/Bennie until reinforcements arrive.

I don't agree that the squad is significantly worse than in May and I do think it will be significantly better by September. We look like a squad who will neither concede nor score many at present - but a couple of loans can transform that positively late in the window. The foundations look really solid, more solid defensively than I can remember, and I trust the coaching team since last season 100%.

Good post TK1. For me the key player needed is a creative ACM. Andersen is the main man behind the striker but he won't play all 46 games. I'm sure most teams would like a goal scoring, goal creating ACM, but we absolutely need one.
Varane on 10:07 - Aug 5 with 2442 viewsCamberleyR

Varane on 10:00 - Aug 5 by dmm

Good post TK1. For me the key player needed is a creative ACM. Andersen is the main man behind the striker but he won't play all 46 games. I'm sure most teams would like a goal scoring, goal creating ACM, but we absolutely need one.

I'd see if Ipswich fancy loaning us Ali Al-Hamadi as he likely won't be involved much for them in the PL. He's one we should have been scouting when he was playing for Wimbledon.
[Post edited 5 Aug 10:09]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Varane on 10:36 - Aug 5 with 2293 viewsdmm

Varane on 10:07 - Aug 5 by CamberleyR

I'd see if Ipswich fancy loaning us Ali Al-Hamadi as he likely won't be involved much for them in the PL. He's one we should have been scouting when he was playing for Wimbledon.

Isn't Al-Hamadi more a striker than ACM?
Login to get fewer ads

Varane on 17:33 - Aug 5 with 1892 viewsTK1

Varane on 13:55 - Aug 4 by lassel

Maybe I’ve missed something but was anyone expecting anything other than a lower bottom half finish this season??

I don't think anyone at the club is expecting anything but a finish well above lower bottom half.

I seem to remember you were the poster who told us in January that the club were cutting their cloth for League 1 then, that they'd accepted relegation and we should too.

When told this was unlikely as there were 23 games left and we needed maybe 7 wins you replied (and yes I did look this up, it is petty, but the condescension was striking):

"We all want to believe that it’s all to play for, but at some point we as supporters need to be as realistic as the club are about the chances of us putting those 7/8 wins on the board."

In fact, we put another nine wins on the board. The club was not planning for L1. This summer they are not planning for a lower bottom half finish. They're planning for top ten, minimum.

And I agree with them. I think we'll start slowly and grind out some points, it will be painful initially, but we will build up a head of steam.

But we'll see, I guess.I don't see the squad, the coaching staff or the mood of club as anything as negatively as I have done in previous years (or as you do, clearly).
Varane on 17:41 - Aug 5 with 1863 viewsAntti_Heinola

Varane on 10:07 - Aug 5 by CamberleyR

We were weren't we? Didn't we nearly sign him?

Bare bones.

Varane on 18:08 - Aug 5 with 1761 viewsgazza1

Varane on 13:55 - Aug 4 by lassel

Maybe I’ve missed something but was anyone expecting anything other than a lower bottom half finish this season??

Me, I am expecting a top half finish - minimum.
Varane on 18:09 - Aug 5 with 1765 viewssaxbend

Right then. I am going to make the bold assumption that any more comings and goings this window will happen after the West Brom game (if at all).

Hence, I'm thinking about what our starting XI will be on Saturday.

Nardi

Dunne Cook JCS Paal
Anderson Field Varane Colback Chair/Smyth
Celar

Basically as close to the April/May lineup as we can get.
Varane on 17:30 - Aug 8 with 1310 viewsMonkey_Roots

Nevermind
[Post edited 8 Aug 18:22]
Varane on 18:52 - Aug 8 with 1225 viewsconnell10

Varane on 17:30 - Aug 8 by Monkey_Roots

Nevermind

I liked Varanes Jesus tee-shirt, he must be a Anderson fan.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Varane on 08:58 - Aug 9 with 763 viewsEsox_Lucius

Varane on 23:12 - Aug 4 by CamberleyR

Monsieur, Shirley?

If we signed both, we could run out to the music of Varane Varane.

The grass is always greener.

Varane on 14:19 - Aug 9 with 542 viewsTheChef

Varane on 17:30 - Aug 8 by Monkey_Roots

Nevermind

Yeah alright Kurt Cobain.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024