Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
unlucky england... 21:55 - Jul 14 with 3162 viewsqpr_1968

you lost, just, by the best team in the tournament, in my eyes.

well done gareth...

well done all those there.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

unlucky england... on 21:59 - Jul 14 with 2105 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Cant argue with that.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

unlucky england... on 22:02 - Jul 14 with 2099 viewsnumptydumpty

Not upset.

Spain are an excellent side and fully deserved the win

We came second which is pretty amazing to be fair.

It's just the prelude to QPR going one step further and winning the championship

Think positive !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

unlucky england... on 22:04 - Jul 14 with 2068 viewsJuzzie

Well, SM will be awash with haters laughing at us but we came second to clearly the best team.

We got further than Germany, Italy, France, Belgium….. they all would have swapped places with us.
unlucky england... on 22:06 - Jul 14 with 2034 viewsManinBlack

The positive is we got to a final on foreign soil so we can take heart from that. We scored late goals that got us this far but this time we conceded late that's the way it goes.
unlucky england... on 22:08 - Jul 14 with 2011 viewsstevec

As Alan Hansen once said, you won’t win anything with Kane in your side.

Or something like that, might have been Kids. I know it had a K in it.
unlucky england... on 22:13 - Jul 14 with 1975 viewsqpr_1968

unlucky england... on 22:08 - Jul 14 by stevec

As Alan Hansen once said, you won’t win anything with Kane in your side.

Or something like that, might have been Kids. I know it had a K in it.

i'll agree with that steve.....

biggest disappointments in my eyes were kane and foden, not just today but the whole tournament.......in my eyes.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

unlucky england... on 22:13 - Jul 14 with 1974 viewsJuzzie

I feel sorry for Kane. His goal scoring at Spurs and At Bayern last season and for England has been fantastic. We seemed to be better without him so just maybe his time is up as first choice in England. We simply have to try games with a fully strong XI but without him.
No point playing friendlies without him but half the first team missing too.
unlucky england... on 22:24 - Jul 14 with 1847 viewsstevec

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two impostors just the same, then you are a QPR supporter my son.

Rudyard Kipling
Login to get fewer ads

unlucky england... on 22:34 - Jul 14 with 1762 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Not unlucky, just beaten by the best team in the tournament. No shame in that.
Probably the end for Kane and Walker, but the rest are still young and we have a conveyor belt of talent which is great going forward.

A lot of hatred from a minority towards Southgate, but you can't argue with his record.
unlucky england... on 22:37 - Jul 14 with 1733 viewsBlackCrowe

unlucky england... on 22:34 - Jul 14 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Not unlucky, just beaten by the best team in the tournament. No shame in that.
Probably the end for Kane and Walker, but the rest are still young and we have a conveyor belt of talent which is great going forward.

A lot of hatred from a minority towards Southgate, but you can't argue with his record.

There was no 'just beaten' there. They were tactically so much better set up to win a game of football on merit than we were. We defaulted to 'survive and nick one' just as it's been the whole tournament.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

unlucky england... on 22:38 - Jul 14 with 1724 viewsToast_R

Referee was happy to piss away 2 minutes of stoppage time there with Spanish players rolling around on the deck. Cheers for that.

Best team won, but I can't help thinking perseverance with Kane, who was clearly not fit or just plane past it, hindered England massively on the night.
unlucky england... on 22:39 - Jul 14 with 1717 viewscharmr

All the things Rangers are becoming under Martí. Flow and fluidity and with a purpose.
All the things England aren’t.

Spain miles ahead in numbers of UEFA A & B coaches then the UK.
unlucky england... on 22:40 - Jul 14 with 1693 viewsBurnleyhoop

unlucky england... on 22:13 - Jul 14 by qpr_1968

i'll agree with that steve.....

biggest disappointments in my eyes were kane and foden, not just today but the whole tournament.......in my eyes.

Kane is done, we have carried him the whole tournament. Played him out of sentiment alone. Wasted opportunity to play younger, better, quicker players sat on the bench.
unlucky england... on 22:48 - Jul 14 with 1644 viewsJuzzie

unlucky england... on 22:40 - Jul 14 by Burnleyhoop

Kane is done, we have carried him the whole tournament. Played him out of sentiment alone. Wasted opportunity to play younger, better, quicker players sat on the bench.

I don’t think he’s ‘done’ at 30 but clearly not 100% fit. Situation should have been reversed in that we start with the likes of Palmer /Watkins/Toney and used Kane as a sub last 20 mins.

We do need to look at other options without him in the starting XI
unlucky england... on 22:51 - Jul 14 with 1628 viewsdaveB

We never once played to Kanes strengths he had to do a job for the team and sacrificed himself for it
unlucky england... on 22:53 - Jul 14 with 1605 viewsSydneyRs

Kane hasn't been good in the last 3 tournaments and was way off it here, not fit enough. Also think Bellingham was carrying a problem through the tournament.

Southgate got very lucky v Slovakia and can walk away now with good wishes. We have seriously talented players and to see us not having a clue how to set up early in the tournament was unforgivable. He needs to go now, he's done all he can.
[Post edited 14 Jul 22:55]
unlucky england... on 23:18 - Jul 14 with 1509 viewsconnell10

unlucky england... on 22:39 - Jul 14 by charmr

All the things Rangers are becoming under Martí. Flow and fluidity and with a purpose.
All the things England aren’t.

Spain miles ahead in numbers of UEFA A & B coaches then the UK.

We scored a great equaliser and went straight back on defensive , hey how about we take the game to the opposition and maybe score a second. The more we play this defensive shit the more I think we will never ever win anything.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

unlucky england... on 23:18 - Jul 14 with 1508 viewsrbee

unlucky england... on 22:51 - Jul 14 by daveB

We never once played to Kanes strengths he had to do a job for the team and sacrificed himself for it

He can't play to his strengths on the halfway line
unlucky england... on 23:19 - Jul 14 with 1496 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

unlucky england... on 22:51 - Jul 14 by daveB

Still ended up joint top scorer I think.
unlucky england... on 23:24 - Jul 14 with 1470 viewsbosh67

unlucky england... on 23:18 - Jul 14 by rbee

He can't play to his strengths on the halfway line

True he was deep and mostly isolated but he was also immobile and couldn't seem to win a ball in the air or get off the ground so there is clearly something wrong and sadly for him you look at the pace and muscle of players like Watkins and Toney and that is the direction, with Palmer, Gordon, Bellingham and Foden (who had another poor one) all very much able to play a far more attacking style than they do and Kane suddenly looks a bit out of place.

Fair play to Spain, they seemed to just want it more than we did and they knew how to get it in the end.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

unlucky england... on 23:28 - Jul 14 with 1452 viewsKerryE

I'm not so sure we were 'unlucky'.

Did we try to win, were our inform player on the pitch?

I know it's about opinions, but for the first time in my life we have had players capable of winning things and we have not.
I think Gareth has a lot to answer for, but he will be given an easy ride.
unlucky england... on 23:30 - Jul 14 with 1439 viewsGus_iom

unlucky england... on 23:19 - Jul 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Still ended up joint top scorer I think.

As did a Georgian player. Who got knocked out a couple of games earlier. And didn't have Saka, Foden etc supplying him.
Truth is, we went into this tournament not knowing our best team or style of play. We were so under-cooked it was ridiculous
unlucky england... on 23:32 - Jul 14 with 1434 viewsMyke

It was a decent effort to get to the final and I am pleased that England made the final competitive on the scoreline. However, they were comprehensively out-played, out-thought and out-fought by a superior team. It was quite ironic that before the tournament began, their attacking prowess was lauded and concerns raised over their defensive frailities.In the end, the opposite proved to be the case as they were solid defensively but struggled to break down even average defences.
The two players that disappointed me the most were Foden and Rice. Foden is a much better player than his performances indicated, so not sure who or what is at fault there. A couple of flashes v the Dutch aside, he was virtually anonymous.
Rice, on the other hand, has been found out to be not quite of the quality that he has been lauded at. Still a very good player, just not at the Rodri level for example.
Overall, a very decent tournament for England, and if Southgate leaves, he can do so knowing he has left them in a far better state than he found them.
unlucky england... on 23:47 - Jul 14 with 1386 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

unlucky england... on 23:30 - Jul 14 by Gus_iom

As did a Georgian player. Who got knocked out a couple of games earlier. And didn't have Saka, Foden etc supplying him.
Truth is, we went into this tournament not knowing our best team or style of play. We were so under-cooked it was ridiculous

So, 3 goals in 7 isn’t very good because someone else got 3 in 5?

If someone offered three goals from Kane and a go at the final I don’t think anyone would have turned that down.
unlucky england... on 23:57 - Jul 14 with 1359 viewsPlanetHonneywood

We had 5 to 10 minutes after we equalised to take control and go on to win it, but just couldn't. Sad, they did us proud, thank you Gareth and your chargers.

Well done Spain

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024