Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? 14:32 - Jan 13 with 8003 viewsBklynRanger

Just wondering. First week back for me after 2 off and I've done everything but what I'm supposed to.

Just had a coffee to 'really get down to it' and ended up trying to photograph magpies from my window for the last half hour. Tricky buggers they are. Cleaned out the fridge, resolved a long standing light-bulb issue. A few other things.

This working from home farce has its advantages but I find when the work ethic falls off it really does fall off. Can be quite isolating and even guilt inducing. Will need to catch up like a bastard at some point very soon.
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 16:57 - Jan 13 with 2040 viewsdezzar

Havent done a stroke since last February , should really get a job but early retirement seems appealing. Just talking to recruiters / HR people puts me off work cant see how they get so enthusiastic about some shit 9 to 5.Whats it all about?
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 17:55 - Jan 13 with 1949 viewsPaddyhoops

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 16:57 - Jan 13 by johann28

Most redwings come to the UK from Scandinavia and Russia in the autumn to spend winter in southern England and further south in Europe.

They spend the autumn in hedges and orchards, where they feed on fruit and berries. As winter draws on, and the fruit is used up, they move onto open areas in search of earthworms.

You might spot them in parks and playing fields — often in loose, mixed flocks with other birds, such as starlings and fieldfares. In some years, when there is more food than usual at their breeding grounds, the redwing population increases suddenly and then many more visit the UK.

In spring, redwings leave the UK for their northern breeding territories. Many redwings that spent the winter in Spain and southern Europe also stop off in eastern England to refuel as they head back north.

Hope this helps.

On the rare occasion we get a spell of cold weather/snow, they come to our back garden to feed on our red berries.
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 00:50 - Jan 14 with 1804 viewsdublinr

Can we have more bird watching stuff? An excellent addition between games.

My family raised a magpie in 2020. Lived with us for a month. It was bloody brilliant.

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 01:15 - Jan 14 with 1787 viewsBoston

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 16:57 - Jan 13 by johann28

Most redwings come to the UK from Scandinavia and Russia in the autumn to spend winter in southern England and further south in Europe.

They spend the autumn in hedges and orchards, where they feed on fruit and berries. As winter draws on, and the fruit is used up, they move onto open areas in search of earthworms.

You might spot them in parks and playing fields — often in loose, mixed flocks with other birds, such as starlings and fieldfares. In some years, when there is more food than usual at their breeding grounds, the redwing population increases suddenly and then many more visit the UK.

In spring, redwings leave the UK for their northern breeding territories. Many redwings that spent the winter in Spain and southern Europe also stop off in eastern England to refuel as they head back north.

Hope this helps.

Whenever there’s ice, one might spot a redwing. Not exactly flying at the moment, they are an Original Six and I always enjoy watching when they play the Bruins.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 07:17 - Jan 14 with 1711 viewsdistortR

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 14:37 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Same here. I'm still mentally on holidays.

I'm self-employed so there's no guilt but if I don't actually do something soon there'll be no dog food for Stanley.

you could always sell photos taken from your front window.

You WFH t-wats make it soooooooooooooo much harder for those of us who go round to your houses to work. We can't have a quiet one now because you lot are so bored you spend the day watching us.

Come the revolution...
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 7:25]
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 07:20 - Jan 14 with 1709 viewsdistortR

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:16 - Jan 13 by Mick_S

I’d like to let you know but I can’t be bothered.

It’s a Redwing.

Nah, it's definitely a thrush which pushed past a robin which had recently re-done it's red breast.
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 08:15 - Jan 14 with 1655 viewsnumptydumpty

Got two jobs

One I actually love.

One is fricking hard.

So answer to question - it depends.

At least it pays for the visits to watch those men in their blue and white hooped shirts.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 08:29 - Jan 14 with 1640 viewsMetallica_Hoop

There was a fairly colourful bird popped on my windowsill while I was shooting a Cavour in my Giulio.

It was white with green bits and a dash of yellow I think. I'd not seen one before I went to grab the phone to take a pic but it flew off.

Then my next salvo reloaded.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 09:46 - Jan 14 with 1568 viewsMick_S

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 08:29 - Jan 14 by Metallica_Hoop

There was a fairly colourful bird popped on my windowsill while I was shooting a Cavour in my Giulio.

It was white with green bits and a dash of yellow I think. I'd not seen one before I went to grab the phone to take a pic but it flew off.

Then my next salvo reloaded.

That’s a budgie mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 10:34 - Jan 14 with 1529 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 00:50 - Jan 14 by dublinr

Can we have more bird watching stuff? An excellent addition between games.

My family raised a magpie in 2020. Lived with us for a month. It was bloody brilliant.

Loft for Birds thread? Sounds a hoot!

Unfortunately being a football fan website it wouldn’t be long before the ‘Great Tit’ and ‘Hairy Woodpecker’ jokes.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 11:19 - Jan 14 with 1460 viewsWokingR

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 07:17 - Jan 14 by distortR

you could always sell photos taken from your front window.

You WFH t-wats make it soooooooooooooo much harder for those of us who go round to your houses to work. We can't have a quiet one now because you lot are so bored you spend the day watching us.

Come the revolution...
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 7:25]

I'd make a fortune selling photos taken from my front window.
Got new neighbours moved in opposite recently and, as yet, they haven't got around to sorting out proper curtains yet. As we are uphill from them we look straight down into their bedroom. He disappears off in his van around 7 every day and she spends every morning in her undies watching telly in bed.
I'm seriously thinking of complaining as I'm getting no work done at all
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 11:33 - Jan 14 with 1419 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 11:19 - Jan 14 by WokingR

I'd make a fortune selling photos taken from my front window.
Got new neighbours moved in opposite recently and, as yet, they haven't got around to sorting out proper curtains yet. As we are uphill from them we look straight down into their bedroom. He disappears off in his van around 7 every day and she spends every morning in her undies watching telly in bed.
I'm seriously thinking of complaining as I'm getting no work done at all

DistortR's post was about something similar.

I was on the phone to him recently (cos we're all a big clique here) and I was telling him about my Naked Neighbour.

I live in a narrow street in Cork City, which is all hills. My house and those beside me are slightly above the road and the houses opposite are slightly below. So those on our side of the street can see straight into the houses opposite. Which the woman who moved into No. 73 last year didn't know. Which I thought she should cos she walks around naked all the time.

So, I told her. Trying to be nice. And now she's not really talking to me. But she still walks around naked.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 11:37 - Jan 14 with 1403 viewsWokingR

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 11:33 - Jan 14 by BrianMcCarthy

I was on the phone to him recently (cos we're all a big clique here) and I was telling him about my Naked Neighbour.

I live in a narrow street in Cork City, which is all hills. My house and those beside me are slightly above the road and the houses opposite are slightly below. So those on our side of the street can see straight into the houses opposite. Which the woman who moved into No. 73 last year didn't know. Which I thought she should cos she walks around naked all the time.

So, I told her. Trying to be nice. And now she's not really talking to me. But she still walks around naked.

It probably wasn't a good idea to show her the photos you'd taken on your phone as evidence. She would have believed you anyway.
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 11:39 - Jan 14 with 1391 viewsjohncharles

Number 73 you say ? Hmmmm 🤔

Strong and stable my arse.

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 11:44 - Jan 14 with 1372 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Number 73?

Which one is it?

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 11:55 - Jan 14 with 1350 viewsTheChef

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 11:44 - Jan 14 by Metallica_Hoop

Number 73?

Which one is it?

With the obligatory Duncan Goodhew appearance.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 13:10 - Jan 14 with 1293 viewsBklynRanger

Sounds like this nudey woman may be looking for a different kind of conversation! Possibly one that includes candles and a bit of Barry Manilow.

I've been watching a young squirrel trying to figure out how to rob a magpie nest for about 20 minutes, and then giving up - even the wildlife can't be fcuked this week.
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 13:17 - Jan 14 with 1273 viewseastside_r

To make her feel comfortable, presumably you were also naked when you told her.
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:39 - Jan 14 with 1199 viewsMick_S

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 13:17 - Jan 14 by eastside_r

There are unisex t-shirts out there with 73 printed on them. His and hers, like. It could work, bit of an ice breaker.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:50 - Jan 14 with 1175 viewsBoston

Maybe this thread should be re-titled …the pajama people.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 15:54]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 17:03 - Jan 14 with 1124 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 13:17 - Jan 14 by eastside_r

I was. Got some strange looks crossing the street.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 17:06 - Jan 14 with 1114 viewsBklynRanger

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:50 - Jan 14 by Boston

Maybe this thread should be re-titled …the pajama people.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 15:54]

Oy I get dressed and washed before I do fcuk all
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 17:33 - Jan 14 with 1077 viewsR_from_afar

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 15:05 - Jan 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

Yep can’t get into it at all. I was planning to get my tax return done early this year too but as I’ve not even started it yet…

I was locking up my bike the other morning and saw some unusual looking birds on the grass. I don’t remember seeing them before and think I’ve identified them as Redwing which is a type of thrush apparently. There were quite a few of them. What does it all mean?!

Oi, stop bespoiling LFW with your turdine pictures!

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/turdine

The Latin for thrush is turdus.

I now work from home 99% of the time. I don't mind it but I don't have much choice anyway because my company has now closed my lovely little local office and although there is another office reasonably close, it's nearly twice as far away as the old office.

The office closure was made an even more bitter pill to swallow because in the week that it closed, there was an all-hands call on which the executive team waxed lyrical about how the employees in London and our head office were going to be moved to swanky new offices. Employees were posting all sorts of comments about the design and features the new places "needed" when some of us won't have an office any more. Very poor.

My gloomy mood was not helped this week when my team was told that we are required to attend a company event overseas, an event which overlaps with a UK public holiday. When the messenger (who is not from the UK) was told about the UK public holiday, they said the company knew about it and it was too bad, it had to be then.

Hopefully, I only have 2-3 years of work left. I really have had enough of it. The WFH culture has meant it is very difficult to have a sensible work/life balance. I function best if I work a normal working day, then stop, but a lot of people are - understandably, if they have family commitments - taking a break around their tea time then getting back online. This has meant that colleagues one or two hours ahead of me are online very late their time, so some demanding requests can come in very late in the UK day, at times which used to be quiet due to the time difference.

Still, I count myself lucky to have a job, I have been made redundant so many times. It's manageable, even if there are times when I turn the air blue.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 18:34 - Jan 14 with 1026 viewsJuzzie

Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 17:06 - Jan 14 by BklynRanger

Oy I get dressed and washed before I do fcuk all

I usually wash then get dressed.
Can anybody else not be fcuked working? on 18:59 - Jan 14 with 1177 viewsdistortR

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024