Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 21:37 - Aug 31 with 6692 viewsKeithHaynes

Confirmed. Money out for Lowe leaving.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 07:09 - Sep 1 with 1488 viewsChief

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 07:58 - Sep 1 with 1432 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Hopefully an improvement on Lowe as he played and scored goals in the PL.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 09:03 - Sep 1 with 1358 viewsdna

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/55667/

Was quite pleased with this deal until i read the above.

Injury prone with an attitude problem, is what comes across
Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 14:45 - Sep 1 with 1268 viewsFlashberryjack

It's not as if Obafemi has big boots to fill, most of the time Lowe was shyte.

Be interesting to see how things pan out for him at Bournemouth .

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 14:52 - Sep 1 with 1245 viewsWhiterockin

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 14:45 - Sep 1 by Flashberryjack

You just know he will score against us.
Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 15:24 - Sep 1 with 1199 viewsFlashberryjack

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 14:52 - Sep 1 by Whiterockin

You just know he will score against us.

I wouldn't be

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 15:56 - Sep 1 with 1171 viewsBadlands

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 14:45 - Sep 1 by Flashberryjack

Yep! 14 goals of shyte.
Who was the last second top scorer to bag as many?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 09:46 - Sep 3 with 1058 viewsjackrmee

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 15:56 - Sep 1 by Badlands

Yep! 14 goals of shyte.
Who was the last second top scorer to bag as many?

He wanted to leave.
And we got someone better as a replacement.
Not only better, but more of a number 9 and more of a fit into what we want to do now.
Much younger as well.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 09:59 - Sep 3 with 1031 viewsChief

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 09:46 - Sep 3 by jackrmee

He wanted to leave.
And we got someone better as a replacement.
Not only better, but more of a number 9 and more of a fit into what we want to do now.
Much younger as well.

He wanted to leave? His comments to me suggest otherwise.

Better? What are you basing that on?

I'm all for supporting players we have at the club but there need for random slurs and assumptions?

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 10:01 - Sep 3 with 1020 viewsjackrmee

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 09:59 - Sep 3 by Chief

I'm all for supporting players we have at the club but there need for random slurs and assumptions?

"Martin has now revealed Lowe was keen to leave south Wales in the final stages of the summer window after being the subject of numerous transfer enquiries.

"I spoke to Jamal on Sunday because I’d had a few calls about people being interested in him and him expressing a desire to go somewhere else," said the Swans boss.

"I asked him outright. He was really honest and he said he would like to go because he feels maybe he doesn’t fit into the system completely. He’d had interest from a couple of clubs.

"I want people who really want to be at the club. I have no ill-feeling towards Jamal. He’s got a move which feels is good for him.

"The club have been able to replace him with Michael which probably suits us a little bit more. He is young asset and can be a real asset to the club.

"It made sense to allow Jamal to go. He did a great job last year, playing in a formation that we don’t play.""

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 10:03 - Sep 3 with 1018 viewsdna

"I spoke to Jamal on Sunday because I'd had a few calls about people being interested in him and him expressing a desire to go somewhere else," Martin said.

"I asked him outright. He was really honest and he said he would like to go because he feels maybe he doesn't fit into the system completely.

"I want people who really want to be at the club. I have no ill-feeling towards Jamal. He's got a move which he feels is good for him.

Martin seems to think he wanted out!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58424161

Beat me to it lol
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 10:23]
Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 10:07 - Sep 3 with 1007 viewsonehunglow

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 10:03 - Sep 3 by dna

"I spoke to Jamal on Sunday because I'd had a few calls about people being interested in him and him expressing a desire to go somewhere else," Martin said.

"I asked him outright. He was really honest and he said he would like to go because he feels maybe he doesn't fit into the system completely.

"I want people who really want to be at the club. I have no ill-feeling towards Jamal. He's got a move which he feels is good for him.

Martin seems to think he wanted out!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58424161

Beat me to it lol
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 10:23]

If Russy's style is successful then all well and good.
If it doesn't ,we have flogged a lad who was mishandled ,played out of position by two successive managers. I imagine how he must have felt.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 10:09 - Sep 3 with 1014 viewsjackrmee

I don't have a lot to base that on, apart from SOuthampton fans, previous teammates comments.....and this...
He looks class.Crazy speed, creativity, finishing. Seems to play more centrally as well as on the wing.

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 10:13 - Sep 3 with 1006 viewsjackrmee

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 10:07 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

If Russy's style is successful then all well and good.
If it doesn't ,we have flogged a lad who was mishandled ,played out of position by two successive managers. I imagine how he must have felt.

How he must have felt paying out of position? He's a highly paid professional. You play where you are told and where you can help the team.

You think he'd rather have stayed as left winger and not get many games under Cooper, and almost certainly not score half the amount of gaols, which evidently alerted several sides and got him a move that he himself said he wanted.

If Russy's style doesn't work. We will get a new manager with a similar style to see if they can get a better tune out of the players. Simple as that.
It's quite clear that the club do not want to play pragmatic, Cooper style football any more and I applaud them for that.
The longer we an stick to these principles, the better our players and prospective players will be.

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 10:26 - Sep 3 with 983 viewsonehunglow

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 10:13 - Sep 3 by jackrmee

How he must have felt paying out of position? He's a highly paid professional. You play where you are told and where you can help the team.

You think he'd rather have stayed as left winger and not get many games under Cooper, and almost certainly not score half the amount of gaols, which evidently alerted several sides and got him a move that he himself said he wanted.

If Russy's style doesn't work. We will get a new manager with a similar style to see if they can get a better tune out of the players. Simple as that.
It's quite clear that the club do not want to play pragmatic, Cooper style football any more and I applaud them for that.
The longer we an stick to these principles, the better our players and prospective players will be.

Morning.
Probably on the lines of of -I want to do better,score goals and not be seen as a bit player.
I might be wrong.
And another thing,off at a tangent ,how come Grimes is so one footed as is Bidwell and they are highly paid pros too but unable to train and learn to kick at many 12 year olds can.

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 10:49 - Sep 3 with 981 viewsjackrmee

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 10:26 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

Morning.
Probably on the lines of of -I want to do better,score goals and not be seen as a bit player.
I might be wrong.
And another thing,off at a tangent ,how come Grimes is so one footed as is Bidwell and they are highly paid pros too but unable to train and learn to kick at many 12 year olds can.

Morning mate.

Either way, it sounds like it was a bit of both.
RM obviously didn't see him as the perfect fit and Jamal could too, by the sound of it.
It was pretty clear to us all that we were looking for a new striker. Maybe Jamal thought he'd be even further down the pecking order upfront and we don't play wingers. Maybe that's why he told Martin he wanted to leave. Along with the possibility of higher wages. Why would anyone not want to go tbh?
I don't blame Jamal for that one bit. But I can't see how RM can be blamed either.

In terms of Grimes/Bidwell. Do you mean, how can't they learn to use the other foot?

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 10:51 - Sep 3 with 969 viewsonehunglow

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 10:49 - Sep 3 by jackrmee

Morning mate.

Either way, it sounds like it was a bit of both.
RM obviously didn't see him as the perfect fit and Jamal could too, by the sound of it.
It was pretty clear to us all that we were looking for a new striker. Maybe Jamal thought he'd be even further down the pecking order upfront and we don't play wingers. Maybe that's why he told Martin he wanted to leave. Along with the possibility of higher wages. Why would anyone not want to go tbh?
I don't blame Jamal for that one bit. But I can't see how RM can be blamed either.

In terms of Grimes/Bidwell. Do you mean, how can't they learn to use the other foot?

I do. It's crazy. It affects their game.Grimes is stumped if caught on the right side wide out.
My Dad taught me to kick with both feet by the time I was 12. I still can. I could also drop goals in Rugby with both .

Anyway, busy day here but gonna watch the opening overs of the Test Match.

Enjoy the day no matter what you do or where you are.

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 11:03 - Sep 3 with 963 viewsjackrmee

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 10:51 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

I do. It's crazy. It affects their game.Grimes is stumped if caught on the right side wide out.
My Dad taught me to kick with both feet by the time I was 12. I still can. I could also drop goals in Rugby with both .

Anyway, busy day here but gonna watch the opening overs of the Test Match.

Enjoy the day no matter what you do or where you are.

I would say you are lucky to be more ambidextrous than most of us.

Although it is more likely that a pro would most definitely be able to use both feet to some sort of standard, most are one footed and use one most of the time.
Grimes is to the extreme, but to get to where he is exclusively with one foot, probably shows how good that foot must be.
I think it's probably self confidence which causes him to use his left so much.
Either way, I can't see it changing.

Bidwell's similar infliction doesn't pose so many problems, as he's always out wide left and he uses it really well to whip those crosses in.

I doubt either will be with us this time next year anyway.

Enjoy the croquet mate.

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 13:36 - Sep 3 with 882 viewsPBJ

Looks like he our new No.9

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTW-vRWq7YP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Always go with the Facts.

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 14:18 - Sep 3 with 833 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 13:36 - Sep 3 by PBJ

Looks like he our new No.9

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTW-vRWq7YP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Seems like a daft move to me. I we were bringing in better than Piroe then yes of course but I think Piroe (barring injury for both oth them) will end up as top scorer. An opportunity lost by RM to give Piroe a big vote of confidence.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 14:21 - Sep 3 with 826 viewsjackrmee

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 14:18 - Sep 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Seems like a daft move to me. I we were bringing in better than Piroe then yes of course but I think Piroe (barring injury for both oth them) will end up as top scorer. An opportunity lost by RM to give Piroe a big vote of confidence.

He's got the number 9 shirt, but I think they will be playing together more often than not. I don't think it's a slight on Piroe at all.

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 19:12 - Sep 3 with 748 viewsmahoss

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 14:21 - Sep 3 by jackrmee

He's got the number 9 shirt, but I think they will be playing together more often than not. I don't think it's a slight on Piroe at all.

Heard a lot about how he is going to be a much better fit than Lowe.
Look forward to 20 goals from him this season then.........!
Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 19:17 - Sep 3 with 737 viewsWhiterockin

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 19:12 - Sep 3 by mahoss

Heard a lot about how he is going to be a much better fit than Lowe.
Look forward to 20 goals from him this season then.........!

15 goals would be enough.
Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 19:18 - Sep 3 with 732 viewsChief

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 10:01 - Sep 3 by jackrmee

"Martin has now revealed Lowe was keen to leave south Wales in the final stages of the summer window after being the subject of numerous transfer enquiries.

"I spoke to Jamal on Sunday because I’d had a few calls about people being interested in him and him expressing a desire to go somewhere else," said the Swans boss.

"I asked him outright. He was really honest and he said he would like to go because he feels maybe he doesn’t fit into the system completely. He’d had interest from a couple of clubs.

"I want people who really want to be at the club. I have no ill-feeling towards Jamal. He’s got a move which feels is good for him.

"The club have been able to replace him with Michael which probably suits us a little bit more. He is young asset and can be a real asset to the club.

"It made sense to allow Jamal to go. He did a great job last year, playing in a formation that we don’t play.""

Duly noted

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 20:13 - Sep 3 with 690 viewsmahoss

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 19:17 - Sep 3 by Whiterockin

15 goals would be enough.

No pressure then......
We,ll see how he goes.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024