Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 634800 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 20:47 - Sep 15 with 980 viewsRanger_Things

Tulsa King back on Paramount.
Half decent tv on 10:28 - Sep 16 with 780 viewsTheChef

Bit late to the party but we've started watching Ghosts.

Quite amusing, although I'm intrigued how they're going to stretch the premise over five series!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 17:41 - Sep 16 with 671 viewsGaryT

Half decent tv on 16:46 - Sep 13 by E17hoop

I did wonder if Kaos was worth it...have heard it's a bit slow?

Up to episode 6 and it's good but I haven't laughed. It's not really a comedy, more a satirical look at what the Gods could be like in a more modern day setting. It helps if you are up on your Greek Mythology as you will recognise certain characters without them being formally introduced which would otherwise pass you by.

Goldblum as Zeus is the standout, reminded me of his performance in The Fly. A solid 7/10
Half decent tv on 22:53 - Sep 16 with 547 viewsNed_Kennedys

Half decent tv on 23:38 - Oct 23 by HAYESBOY

Finished Bodies and can highly recommend it.

Just watched this on Netflix: enjoyed it although as it’s a time travel story interconnected in four different timelines then plot credibility is stretched at times. Stephen Graham in it and excellent as usual.
Half decent tv on 23:40 - Sep 16 with 526 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 17:16 - Sep 15 by HAYESBOY

The Old Man is back on in America. First two eps available and they are very good.

Finished Sherwood S1. Excellent. Started series 2, not quite as good but still watchable.

Thanks for the tip-off on 'The Old Man' being back, Hayes.

Watched the first two episodes tonight, and they're quality alright. Damn good telly.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 00:00 - Sep 17 with 487 viewsdaveB

Half decent tv on 10:28 - Sep 16 by TheChef

Bit late to the party but we've started watching Ghosts.

Quite amusing, although I'm intrigued how they're going to stretch the premise over five series!

they do it really well and finish it at the right point when you want more but the quality hadn't dipped, loved that show

Quite Remarkable Fanny
Half decent tv on 10:01 - Sep 17 with 326 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 00:00 - Sep 17 by daveB

they do it really well and finish it at the right point when you want more but the quality hadn't dipped, loved that show

Quite Remarkable Fanny

Yeah I noticed each series is only six episodes, less is definitely more (say compared to a lot of US series).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 13:41 - Sep 17 with 180 viewsLazyFan

Half decent tv on 17:41 - Sep 16 by GaryT

Up to episode 6 and it's good but I haven't laughed. It's not really a comedy, more a satirical look at what the Gods could be like in a more modern day setting. It helps if you are up on your Greek Mythology as you will recognise certain characters without them being formally introduced which would otherwise pass you by.

Goldblum as Zeus is the standout, reminded me of his performance in The Fly. A solid 7/10

It is trying to be a satire on today's religions in our society right now.
It feels like we are supposed to compare it to our world today and see that these religions are stupid to follow, even if true. That's supposed to be the clever bit. What happens if all the Gods are true, and yet we find out it's still shite anyway.

Greek mythology is used to avoid upsetting today's religious people, who don't connect the dots and, if they do, can dismiss it as different (which, to be fair, is totally true; it is not the same).

It doesn't really work, as the reason we don't see the three main religions today in the same way is that these religions are a society's improvement upon the religions that came before them (Greek, Roman, Pagan, and others). So, one cannot make the comparison really stick as Greek mythology is way different and way more stupid.

All it shows is how stupid Greek mythology really was, but you cannot translate this to today's major religions as the major flaw in Greek mythology is that they had too many multiple gods, demi-gods, half-breeds and also Titans (who seem to be monsters). On and on it goes. Crackers.

Whereas most of today's religions (not all) usually only have the one god, one devil and possibly a few monsters, most of which are conveniently dead today so, no need to worry about em. Hindisum and possibly some others may get upset about this show, but I doubt it as it is very Westernised and on purpose.

I find it interesting to learn about obscure aspects (to me anyway) of Greek mythology, but it's not very entertaining. It's more like a series of Horrible Histories about Greek mythology than actual History.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024