Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remain in the eu 12:20 - Feb 20 with 10926 viewsdalestats

Remain in the eu

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Remain in the eu

Remain in the eu on 13:07 - Feb 24 with 1510 viewsnordenblue

Remain in the eu on 10:19 - Feb 24 by flyerdale

You obviously have never driven a 40ft 40 tonne plus killing machine on tight deadlines set by haulage companies then. If this legislation wasn't in place those haulage companies would have drivers driving for 15/16 hour plus days without a break which would be extremely dangerous. I'm sure you would change your mind if your friends or family were involved in a fatal accident caused by an hgv falling asleep at the wheel

Does it make it OK if it's a rep or a van driver falling asleep at the wheel as they're not regulated and spend as long if not more time driving daily?

I'm a class 1 HGV driver so your other points are wildly inaccurate and I'd guess you're not quite as well versed on the topic?
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 13:18]
Remain in the eu on 13:44 - Feb 24 with 1472 views1mark1

Remain in the eu on 08:48 - Feb 24 by nordenblue

I would suggest people who wish to work more hours to earn decent money should be allowed to?
It doesn't stop the doctors and nurses of this world working ridiculous hours when the job requires,why should someone's earnings be capped when on hourly pay?
If you had more of an understanding of the working time directive with regard to driving you'd appreciate it's ridiculous,I'm all for companies being stopped flogging their staff to death but surely if an individual wants to work more hours to earn more why not, in any other line of work its allowed?

A gas engineer friend of mine regularly works 13/14 hour days 6/7 days a week,I'd say that pretty dangerous whilst driving from job to job dealing with gas yet that's perfectly fine?

Anyone in a job that puts themselves or others in potential danger should be limited in my opinion to the number of hours they work, including gas fitters, doctors and drivers. If employers paid decent wages, less people would feel the need to work long hours. 48 hours working for an employer is long enough, and furthermore studies have shown the link between long hours of working and bad health. Many who work long hours are often pressurised into working these long hours, that's one of the reasons why the directive was brought in.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 14:28]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Remain in the eu on 14:06 - Feb 24 with 1446 viewsjudd

I had no idea that the death of Terry Wogan would lead to this potential breakaway from Eurovision.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Remain in the eu on 14:32 - Feb 24 with 1424 views1mark1

Remain in the eu on 07:57 - Feb 24 by Kathmandale

I live in Manchester and I put 'Lancashire' on my address.

Good. After all Old Trafford, is the home of Lancashire cricket.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Remain in the eu on 17:24 - Feb 24 with 1382 viewsflyerdale

Remain in the eu on 13:07 - Feb 24 by nordenblue

Does it make it OK if it's a rep or a van driver falling asleep at the wheel as they're not regulated and spend as long if not more time driving daily?

I'm a class 1 HGV driver so your other points are wildly inaccurate and I'd guess you're not quite as well versed on the topic?
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 13:18]

Wrong I'm a hgv driver myself and the working time directives were a godsend and put a stop to drivers being exploited by haulage companies. The legislation was brought in to combat a rise in fatalities caused by hgv drivers falling asleep at the wheel on the UK and Europe's roads. I can't believe your comparing a large goods vehicle to a van or car. The former can cause mass destruction at the blink of an eye
Remain in the eu on 17:56 - Feb 24 with 1355 viewsnordenblue

Remain in the eu on 17:24 - Feb 24 by flyerdale

Wrong I'm a hgv driver myself and the working time directives were a godsend and put a stop to drivers being exploited by haulage companies. The legislation was brought in to combat a rise in fatalities caused by hgv drivers falling asleep at the wheel on the UK and Europe's roads. I can't believe your comparing a large goods vehicle to a van or car. The former can cause mass destruction at the blink of an eye

You should know a touch more then,are you suggesting a van or car can't also cause mass destruction in the "blink of an eye"?If you spend a dangerous amount of hours on the road regardless of vehicle you should also be subject to legislation surely if you're all for improved road safety?

I'm fully aware why it was brought in surprisingly enough due to forced countless hours spent in a classroom learning things I already know,sorry that's another European initiative brought in to increase road "safety" too I suppose...
Remain in the eu on 11:22 - Feb 25 with 1260 viewsEllGazzell

Remain in the eu on 20:10 - Feb 22 by pioneer

So its only 33 million a day then.... that makes me feel much better.

I suppose its going to fund those fellow members who dont have systems to ensure everyone pays taxes, like in Greece, instead of improving our own public services.

The EU is as bad as the football league/FA in not enforcing a right and proper test on membership applications.

Yeah, the UK inland revenue should run a training course on systems for tax collection... cos they do such a great job...

Google anyone? Starbucks?...

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Remain in the eu on 12:39 - Feb 26 with 1127 viewsDaleView

Remain in the eu on 09:43 - Feb 23 by off2div1

Just put figure didn't look into full figures, everywhere you look it is different, just wanted to say we should spend money to help the local area.
If you like figures here are some net contributions for next few years.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/316964/net-contributions-to-eu-budget-by-unit

Here is another useful link to a document concening UK / EU finance.
And do remember that the EU have not had a clean bill of health (financially) for many, many years according to audit reports.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/483344
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024