Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remain in the eu 12:20 - Feb 20 with 10927 viewsdalestats

Remain in the eu

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Remain in the eu

Remain in the eu on 16:26 - Feb 22 with 1609 viewsTalkingSutty

Started off undecided but after listening to both sides and weighing up the options it's got to be a YES vote. It's not perfect by any means but Cameron's done his best and I like the bloke and believe he has the Nation at heart. Boris doesn't seem to know what he wants (maybe his job). Strange fella.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2016 16:29]
Remain in the eu on 16:33 - Feb 22 with 1594 viewsSuddenLad

Boris has begun his campaign for Camerons' job. Unfortunately, on todays' showing, he seems to have failed to grasp the argument anout the Europe question.

The vote in June is IN or OUT. Simplae as that. There will be no second round of talks, no further negotiation, no second referendum, because we will no longer be part of the EU.

Get a grip Boris. Stop showboating.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Remain in the eu on 16:39 - Feb 22 with 1586 viewsTalkingSutty

Remain in the eu on 16:33 - Feb 22 by SuddenLad

Boris has begun his campaign for Camerons' job. Unfortunately, on todays' showing, he seems to have failed to grasp the argument anout the Europe question.

The vote in June is IN or OUT. Simplae as that. There will be no second round of talks, no further negotiation, no second referendum, because we will no longer be part of the EU.

Get a grip Boris. Stop showboating.

It's a very,very important issue and I wonder if Boris is hijacking it to feather his own nest further down the line. If that's the case it's bad timing.

Like you said, he doesn't seem to have grasped the finality of the vote.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2016 16:42]
Remain in the eu on 16:47 - Feb 22 with 1572 viewsSuddenLad

Remain in the eu on 16:39 - Feb 22 by TalkingSutty

It's a very,very important issue and I wonder if Boris is hijacking it to feather his own nest further down the line. If that's the case it's bad timing.

Like you said, he doesn't seem to have grasped the finality of the vote.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2016 16:42]

Almost all political commentators are adamant that Boris has always been in favour of staying IN and has made no secret of it in private discussions.

However, he has seen an opportunity to become centre-stage and has jumped in with both feet. If he keeps talking about second referendums and further re-negotiations, he will become a figure of ridicule.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Remain in the eu on 17:03 - Feb 22 with 1548 viewsTalkingSutty

Remain in the eu on 16:47 - Feb 22 by SuddenLad

Almost all political commentators are adamant that Boris has always been in favour of staying IN and has made no secret of it in private discussions.

However, he has seen an opportunity to become centre-stage and has jumped in with both feet. If he keeps talking about second referendums and further re-negotiations, he will become a figure of ridicule.

Agree.
Remain in the eu on 17:10 - Feb 22 with 1533 views1mark1

I agree re Boris, with him it's all about whether he will become next leader of the Tories. Personally, the benefits of leaving and the benefits of staying are being and will continue to be overstated by both sides. Cameron and IDS as examples just yesterday both coming out with scare stories on terrorism and immigration, from both sides of the argument.

Coming out of the EU will not improve our defences against terrorism, as we know by history terrorists managed to carry out their atrocities before we had the current arrangements. Equally there is no reason that if we do come out that we can't work to safeguard our population from terrorism, to at least the same level as now.

I will probably vote to stay in not because of any Tory or Blarite like Hilary Benn, but by the arguments put forward by someone like Caroline Lucas who does not use sensationalism to try to convince people to stay in. If real change is to happen in Europe, then we have to be in there.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Remain in the eu on 18:18 - Feb 22 with 1471 viewsrochdaleriddler

we are only having this vote so Cameron can finally deal with the anti europe faction in the Tory party, the 'negotiating' this past few days has been as fake as a Bury festival. I cant decide myself, there are some oddballs creating some strange alliances, Farage and gorgeous george galloway ffs!!!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Remain in the eu on 18:54 - Feb 22 with 1424 views1mark1

Remain in the eu on 18:18 - Feb 22 by rochdaleriddler

we are only having this vote so Cameron can finally deal with the anti europe faction in the Tory party, the 'negotiating' this past few days has been as fake as a Bury festival. I cant decide myself, there are some oddballs creating some strange alliances, Farage and gorgeous george galloway ffs!!!

I agree, what you say about Cameron and the Tory party.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Login to get fewer ads

Remain in the eu on 18:59 - Feb 22 with 1422 viewsoff2div1

If we Vote to get out will Rochdale benefit and get a few days of the EU payments saved (£55,000,000 a day) to create some work in the town for the unemployed at 10% and the 680 asylum seekers.Or will it all go to helping Tory areas in the country,
Remain in the eu on 19:09 - Feb 22 with 1416 viewsSandyman

Remain in the eu on 18:59 - Feb 22 by off2div1

If we Vote to get out will Rochdale benefit and get a few days of the EU payments saved (£55,000,000 a day) to create some work in the town for the unemployed at 10% and the 680 asylum seekers.Or will it all go to helping Tory areas in the country,

The £55m is another of Nigel Mirage's myths...must go to the Day school of bookkeeping

https://fullfact.org/economy/our-eu-membership-fee-55-million/
Remain in the eu on 19:27 - Feb 22 with 1387 viewsSandyman

I've no interest in Tory party factions , Johnson's show boating or Farage's smoke and mirrors. I'm concerned about what really happens to Brits after a referendum. Like TS, I've been undecided. The Leave campaigners have had adequate time to say what will happen (not what *might* happen) if we leave. They are coming up with very little that is definite and not speculation and maybe's on lots of issues. The IN argument is based on reality and can say what will happen . The EU isn't great but it is far better to be in it than risk the void the fundamentalists in the leave brigade offer. Until convinced otherwise, YES.
Remain in the eu on 19:29 - Feb 22 with 1381 viewsroccydaleian

Remain in the eu on 19:09 - Feb 22 by Sandyman

The £55m is another of Nigel Mirage's myths...must go to the Day school of bookkeeping

Mm.....
http://www.ukcolumn.org/article/faux-facts-disturbing-truth-about-fullfactorg
Remain in the eu on 19:59 - Feb 22 with 1350 viewsboromat

I'll be voting to stay in. I work for a German based company and although in the short term I'm sure I wouldn't lose my job because of leaving the EU in the medium to long term it would put additional pressure on us to outperform our equivalents elsewhere in the world.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Remain in the eu on 20:04 - Feb 22 with 1339 viewsdalenumber2

The Out team all seem to have different agenda. They can’t agree on what the UK would look like if it chose to leave the European Union. Because they can’t agree, they will struggle even harder to reassure wavering voters that it would be worth the risk.
Remain in the eu on 20:10 - Feb 22 with 1330 viewspioneer

So its only 33 million a day then.... that makes me feel much better.

I suppose its going to fund those fellow members who dont have systems to ensure everyone pays taxes, like in Greece, instead of improving our own public services.

The EU is as bad as the football league/FA in not enforcing a right and proper test on membership applications.
Remain in the eu on 00:28 - Feb 23 with 1075 viewsSandyman

Remain in the eu on 19:29 - Feb 22 by roccydaleian

Mm.....
http://www.ukcolumn.org/article/faux-facts-disturbing-truth-about-fullfactorg

Mm......

http://www.charliefoulkes.co.uk/truth/brian-gerrish-disinformation-agent.html
Remain in the eu on 00:41 - Feb 23 with 1070 views49thseason

Remain in the eu on 19:59 - Feb 22 by boromat

I'll be voting to stay in. I work for a German based company and although in the short term I'm sure I wouldn't lose my job because of leaving the EU in the medium to long term it would put additional pressure on us to outperform our equivalents elsewhere in the world.

So basically, working for a German company in the UK means you don't have to work very hard? No wonder the "German Economic Miracle" has reached the end of the road!
In my view, you would be better off if the UK pulls out of the EU as the rest of the world would then be your proverbial Lobster. It may well be that your company might quite like the idea of a base in the UK through which it can sell to the rest of the world!

Tying yourself to the EU is like tying yourself to the deck of the Titanic as your feet start to feel wet. It's only a matter of time until the Italian Banks go elbows up. And Deutsche Bank will get buried if Greece defaults. Turkey is being fast-tracked into the EU before its short-term debts are caught up in a currency crisis caused by plummeting tourism. Would you rather be locked in when the stuff really starts to hit the fan?
There may be some uncertainty about leaving the EU but there is just as much uncertainty attached to staying in. The EU is on the edge of slipping into another recession that may well spell the end for Banks all over Souther Europe. What happens to borders then? How many EU residents will set off for the UK when their banks start locking up their assets and using them to pay off debts per EU policy??
As of January 1st 2016 ( EU Legislation in Euro countries)
"Europe’s muddling in the face of this economic crisis is making things worse. Elsewhere, governments bailed out struggling banks only to find themselves overwhelmed with debt and in need of a bailout. But rather than address the underlying cause of the crisis–that sharing a currency without sharing a government can never work–European leaders focused on the effect: They simply made it illegal for governments to bail out struggling banks without taking money from some depositors and investors first.
This situation will become more common with the new banking rules. Shareholders, bondholders and anyone with over €100,000 ($109,000) in deposits must take losses before the government can bail out the bank. That may sound like a lot of money, but someone’s entire life savings or pension fund could easily come to €100,000. Even a small business could also have that much in a bank–let alone large ones
FYI
"the value of Italy’s third-largest bank has plummeted by 60 percent since the start of this year. There are signs many are pulling money out of Banca Monte dei Paschi, out of Italian banks, and out of Italy in general"
Deutsche Bank:
"Deutsche Bank is on the ropes. However, as dawn breaks across the motherland, something more insidious is breaking for Germany's largest bank. Deutsche faces an uphill task rescuing its stock from record lows, especially, as Reuters reports, a top 10 shareholder exclaims "investors have completely lost faith in the bank," and a fast recovery from this crisis was unlikely"

Markit Economics said its factory Purchasing Managers Index fell to 50.2, barely above the key 50 level, from 52.3 in January. A services gauge improved slightly, but a composite measure declined to the lowest since July.
“The German economy appears to be in the midst of a slowdown,” said Oliver Kolodseike, an economist at Markit. Manufacturing is “near stagnation,” he said.
While Germany weathered global headwinds through 2015, maintaining its pace of expansion in the fourth quarter, business confidence has weakened recently. China’s slowdown is weighing on exports while the equity selloff this year threatens a fragile recovery in the euro area, the country’s largest trading partner.
The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development cut its global growth forecast last week and said both Germany and the euro region will expand less this year than previously estimated.
Markit said the slowdown in German output led to increased caution on hiring, with the rate of job creation at the weakest in almost a year.
France’s composite Purchasing Managers Index slipped to
49.8 from 50.2 in January. In the 19-nation euro area, both the factory and services measures probably declined this month, according to surveys of economists. Markit will publish those numbers at 9 a.m. London time.

Put bluntly the EU is eating its own lunch while the rest of the world is available to any country brave enough to grasp the opportunity.

Sorry this is so long but I wanted to try and nail the notion that the UK will be "better off in the EU". It might not be - things don't look so rosy right now and the direction the EU is going economically, is down. If you are a betting man there is a 38% chance the EU will be in a recession before the end of 2017 (according to Goldman Sachs).
[Post edited 23 Feb 2016 0:46]
Remain in the eu on 01:36 - Feb 23 with 1056 viewsSandyman

All well and good. There are problems in the EU. Nobody doubts that. There's also a load of cut n paste arguments in favour of staying in.
So Britain votes to leave. The morning after, what do we do then with issues of nationality, security, rights at work, trade agreements and many many other issues? Not if's, maybe's, Swiss/Norwegian/Canadian solutions, but practical, implementable ideas for change for Britain, answers to their own criticisms.
The Leave campaign offers no real solutions, just the same old windbagging about sovereignty . If they do develop realistic ideas to implement come 24th June, I'm happy to listen and perhaps change my mind. They've had months to come up with answers . So far? None, just the same old moans and groans and nowt else of any real value, which is unconvincing.

“Living is Easy with Eyes Closed.”
John Lennon
Remain in the eu on 01:37 - Feb 23 with 1053 viewsdownunder

57% of the UK trade is with Europe. Will that %57 be at risk if the UK withdraws from the "club". The trade deals are in place, as long as Non Euro UK does not tinker with the system (tariffs etc.), then the trade should continue. Valid points in the post above about looming problems with other countries. It has become another expensive layer of bureaucracy in my opinion.
No worries, the Kiwis will keep you supplied with lamb and wine, and the Aussies will keep you right with Fosters and XXXX.
Remain in the eu on 06:21 - Feb 23 with 1030 viewsNigeriamark

Remain in the eu on 20:04 - Feb 22 by dalenumber2

The Out team all seem to have different agenda. They can’t agree on what the UK would look like if it chose to leave the European Union. Because they can’t agree, they will struggle even harder to reassure wavering voters that it would be worth the risk.

Because ultimately no-one knows what an OUT vote will look like, most people who have not yet made up their mind will decide to stick with what they have no matter how good an argument the OUT teams put forward

Regarding campaigning, we have started to follow the USA where it has been shown negative campaigning works. i,e the OUT campaigners will focus on the negatives of the IN campaign and the IN Campaigners on the negatives of the OUT campaign. Sadly the newspapers prefer these negative/scare stories to actual policies of each side
Again this type of campaigning creates confusion/worry and people end up sticking with what they already have

Good opportunity for the media to put equal & balanced viewpoints forward for both sides on what is a big decision.However the desire for sensationalism will ensure the negative noise will drown out sensible debate
Remain in the eu on 09:13 - Feb 23 with 982 viewsR17ALE

The biggest question in this palaver remains unanswered.

Were we to leave the EU what will happen to the Ryder Cup?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Remain in the eu on 09:21 - Feb 23 with 972 viewsdingdangblue

Remain in the eu on 09:13 - Feb 23 by R17ALE

The Yanks lose.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Remain in the eu on 09:22 - Feb 23 with 968 viewsTTNYear

Remain in the eu on 09:13 - Feb 23 by R17ALE

The 'outers' only need one line...

Vote out, to get rid of the Eurovision song contest.

Job done.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Remain in the eu on 09:30 - Feb 23 with 958 viewsTalkingSutty

Remain in the eu on 09:22 - Feb 23 by TTNYear

The 'outers' only need one line...

Vote out, to get rid of the Eurovision song contest.

Job done.

Without the Eurovision Song Contest we would never have experienced Brotherhood of Man, every cloud as a silver lining

It sits alongside the 1966 World Cup as one of our greatest ever victories.

Then Dana came along which immediately confined my well thumbed Grattans catalogue to the trash can!!
[Post edited 23 Feb 2016 9:38]
Remain in the eu on 09:43 - Feb 23 with 942 viewsoff2div1

Just put figure didn't look into full figures, everywhere you look it is different, just wanted to say we should spend money to help the local area.
If you like figures here are some net contributions for next few years.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/316964/net-contributions-to-eu-budget-by-unit
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024