Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren farm kaput 20:15 - Sep 8 with 15011 viewsHayesender

I don't do itk stuff, but I can tell yous all 99.9% the plug has been well and truly pulled on this one

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Warren farm kaput on 08:34 - Sep 9 with 3305 viewsstansleftfoot

Warren farm kaput on 21:43 - Sep 8 by bosh67

I think it's all politics. Shame that could have kick started that part of the redevelopment of the club at youth level but it would make more sense to find another location or talk to Harlington and gain a lease that allows us to develop that.

I don't think we'll be leaving Loftus Road anytime soon either. Which is good news really. Can never understand why we don't just look at redeveloping the stands at Loftus Road to cope with 23K+. It is very doable. Especially as the pitch is now only about 30 yards long!

Cranford Community College and indoor football facilities.....to my mind the management and philosophy of the Club will provide a structure with which the Club can move forward.
Tony Fernandez and Ruben face huge problems with their core businesses, as QPR continues to change so might the shareholders, that's business.
A sensible businessman always attempts to build in cost and loss negating exit routes.
There are many more positives to QPR both on the pitch, and at the management level.
Fernandez and Ruben along with Amit have put these in place, its not surprising to see ITK and told you so's blurting out stuff.
Get given tickets to use Air Asia, whilst our owner writes of £60 million, how could they not fail to learn their lessons!
Warren farm kaput on 09:05 - Sep 9 with 3226 viewsstansleftfoot

Being a boring but loyal QPR supporter come what may, i' m encouraged by this news which has been ongoing for some months. It is reassuring and intelligent thinking that the board and presumably Roo's have created the relationship with Cranford College so that our youth players can get an education, get some life training and be provided with good training facilities....this is far better thinking whilst also being cheaper.....it also could show that the board are attempting to make QPR a community club with a sound financial background.
Surely this does give some fibre to Sir Led and CR's pathway to glory!
Warren farm kaput on 09:06 - Sep 9 with 3218 viewsJamie

Warren farm kaput on 08:34 - Sep 9 by stansleftfoot

Cranford Community College and indoor football facilities.....to my mind the management and philosophy of the Club will provide a structure with which the Club can move forward.
Tony Fernandez and Ruben face huge problems with their core businesses, as QPR continues to change so might the shareholders, that's business.
A sensible businessman always attempts to build in cost and loss negating exit routes.
There are many more positives to QPR both on the pitch, and at the management level.
Fernandez and Ruben along with Amit have put these in place, its not surprising to see ITK and told you so's blurting out stuff.
Get given tickets to use Air Asia, whilst our owner writes of £60 million, how could they not fail to learn their lessons!

There are no problems with the Gnanalingams core business. It's now the largest port in Malaysia and expanding rapidly year on year.

Perhaps most importantly, Ruben's father is an expert at salvaging and reenergising failing businesses.
Warren farm kaput on 09:13 - Sep 9 with 3189 viewsQPR442

what a load of ITK crap.
Lets just focus on Forest rather than this rumour rubbish.
We are becoming Fantasy Island.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2015 9:14]
Warren farm kaput on 09:16 - Sep 9 with 3178 viewsElHoop

Warren farm kaput on 21:31 - Sep 8 by Juzzie

I don't think he's a fraud. If he is he's not a good one being £tens million in debt.

I think hes just done it all wrong. Rather than paying dozens of awful players £millons he could have got the infrastructure in place first. Too much desperation to be in the Prem. Southampton and Swansea have proved it didnt have to be done that way.

I'm sure the reasons will be financial, too much debt, not in the PL, lets stay at/maybe develop Harlington etc etc

I'm not sure that we can stay at Harlington if they build a runway there.

Mind you Tony said that won't happen during his lifetime so that must be all right then.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-chief-speaks-out
Warren farm kaput on 09:32 - Sep 9 with 3113 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Great to see some bad news to seize onto though isn't it.
That has been a bit thin on the ground in the last couple of weeks so great to see it back and the forums traffic go up accordingly.
Warren farm kaput on 09:54 - Sep 9 with 3042 viewsfrancisbowles

The Dome makes sense as a short to medium term improvement to our academy facilities. The college is across the road from the Concorde centre, so travelling between the sites is negligible.

It also ticks boxes for shared facilities with the local community.

Hopefully, our first team could get some time there if we get the Harlington facilities flooded or frozen etc?
Warren farm kaput on 09:59 - Sep 9 with 3015 viewsdaveB

Warren farm kaput on 07:52 - Sep 9 by Jamie

Except 'he' hadn't spent anything Dave...

Well his backers have spent it then who are committed to the club, same thing really
Login to get fewer ads

Warren farm kaput on 10:13 - Sep 9 with 2961 viewsJamie

Warren farm kaput on 09:59 - Sep 9 by daveB

Well his backers have spent it then who are committed to the club, same thing really

Depends who the 'backers' are though doesn't it Dave.

If it's the same 'backers' as at Caterham, their commitment will be entirely conditional.
Warren farm kaput on 10:15 - Sep 9 with 2952 viewsPinnerPaul

Warren farm kaput on 09:32 - Sep 9 by CroydonCaptJack

Great to see some bad news to seize onto though isn't it.
That has been a bit thin on the ground in the last couple of weeks so great to see it back and the forums traffic go up accordingly.

Warren farm kaput on 10:18 - Sep 9 with 2943 viewsPinnerPaul

Warren farm kaput on 10:13 - Sep 9 by Jamie

If it's the same 'backers' as at Caterham, their commitment will be entirely conditional.

Good grief

Do we have to go through this everytime with TF etc.

From the Glazers downwards no one puts personal money into football.

Here'a hint - look up what the "Limited" as in limited company, means on Google for a clue as to how it all works!
Warren farm kaput on 10:22 - Sep 9 with 2927 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warren farm kaput on 01:42 - Sep 9 by kensalriser

Costs are being chopped in every other department so why not here?

Still have a hunch that they're preparing for an exit.

Possible, but any exit now will force them to take an enormous hit.

Bare bones.

Warren farm kaput on 10:23 - Sep 9 with 2924 viewsJamie

Warren farm kaput on 10:18 - Sep 9 by PinnerPaul

Good grief

Here'a hint - look up what the "Limited" as in limited company, means on Google for a clue as to how it all works!

Which then begs the question PP of why you're so happy for the club to in debt to the tune of £200m to organisations that we have no transparency over, and who can pull the plug at any time...

But still, I'm sure 'Uncle Tone' retweeted you once
Warren farm kaput on 11:47 - Sep 9 with 2769 viewsHayesender

Warren farm kaput on 09:13 - Sep 9 by QPR442

what a load of ITK crap.
Lets just focus on Forest rather than this rumour rubbish.
We are becoming Fantasy Island.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2015 9:14]

Oh well my fecking apologies

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Warren farm kaput on 11:54 - Sep 9 with 2690 viewsbob566

Warren farm kaput on 10:18 - Sep 9 by PinnerPaul

Good grief

apart from your man who owned Blackburn. He even got a statue outside ewood. Not many chairmen I guess have one of those unless they erected it themselves.
Warren farm kaput on 12:01 - Sep 9 with 2667 viewsbatmanhoop

been mentioned on another forum the Barclays sports site off Hangar Lane, could that be a goer. Kevin Gallen used to live on the very road if I'm not mistaken
Warren farm kaput on 12:31 - Sep 9 with 2551 viewsdaveB

Warren farm kaput on 10:13 - Sep 9 by Jamie

Well yeah of course the commitment is conditional and won't last forever but they've certainly tried to invest in the club. They did it by investing in players and managers rather than infrastructure so obviously got it wrong but think even they would admit that
Warren farm kaput on 12:36 - Sep 9 with 2526 viewsSaycey

At a recent meeting with the fan websites, Lee Hoos said he had two priorities.

- Restoring financial sustainability
- A new training ground.

I have no idea whether Warren Farm has indeed gone kaput. But I'm pretty sure that Hoos & co don't want us to limp along at Harlington in the medium / long term.

My hunch is that IF this is true, they won't confirm it until they have alternative plans to announce.
Warren farm kaput on 12:40 - Sep 9 with 2499 viewsjohncharles

Over on dot org the headline is "Warren Farm Dead in the Water" but if the plug has been pulled there wouldn't be any water........

sort it out.

Strong and stable my arse.

Warren farm kaput on 13:32 - Sep 9 with 2347 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

TF seems to suffer from premature announceulation.

Why not keep it hush and let the whispers and rumours get fans excited, then deny it when it goes pear shaped or take the glory when it comes good. Everyone wins.

It's like having a mate who texts all his pals he's getting lucky because he got a girl home, then she has a coffee and fvcks off.
Warren farm kaput on 14:19 - Sep 9 with 2232 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warren farm kaput on 10:23 - Sep 9 by Jamie

Which then begs the question PP of why you're so happy for the club to in debt to the tune of £200m to organisations that we have no transparency over, and who can pull the plug at any time...

Jamie, God knows I'm no financial whizz. But explain: if they 'pulled the plug' tomorrow, why would they do so and how could they possibly expect to even recoup a fraction of what they've invested? Even winding the club up and selling the ground wouldn't get close to that. Selling it on I can only see they would get perhaps 10-15% of £200m.
So, what, they'll just write off upwards of £150m? £150m?! How does this work?

Bare bones.

Warren farm kaput on 14:22 - Sep 9 with 2214 viewsbob566

Warren farm kaput on 13:32 - Sep 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

TF seems to suffer from premature announceulation.

Why not keep it hush and let the whispers and rumours get fans excited, then deny it when it goes pear shaped or take the glory when it comes good. Everyone wins.

It's like having a mate who texts all his pals he's getting lucky because he got a girl home, then she has a coffee and fvcks off.

premature announceulation

good work Baz. I like that.
Warren farm kaput on 15:05 - Sep 9 with 2135 viewsJamie

Warren farm kaput on 14:19 - Sep 9 by Antti_Heinola

Jamie, God knows I'm no financial whizz. But explain: if they 'pulled the plug' tomorrow, why would they do so and how could they possibly expect to even recoup a fraction of what they've invested? Even winding the club up and selling the ground wouldn't get close to that. Selling it on I can only see they would get perhaps 10-15% of £200m.
So, what, they'll just write off upwards of £150m? £150m?! How does this work?

Depends what was put up as collateral to attain the funding Antts. The ownership group have some pretty valuable tangible assets back in Malaysia.

The same questions can easily be asked of why the Malaysia banks put Caterham into administration. The simple answer is that they were overexposed and decided to cut their losses and get as much back as they could.

I'm not suggesting for one second that the club backers would put the club into administration, at least not so long as we retain even a tiny chance of getting to those PL TV pots, I was more making the point that just a few short years ago, with the club owing circa £10m, fans were concerned enough to do some brilliant investigate work to find out where the money was owed.

Now we are over £200m in debt to God knows who in Malaysia, and fans are completely uninterested in the origin of the backers.
Warren farm kaput on 15:29 - Sep 9 with 2072 viewsPinnerPaul

Warren farm kaput on 10:23 - Sep 9 by Jamie

1) It was £100M further up this thread, I know we're losing money, but £100M in a morning is some going even for Tony et al!

2) I don't lie awake at night thinking about it ,no, back to the wider world - lots of successful comopanies are "in debt" it depends on who its owed to. Our ABC loan was a a lot smaller but a much bigger problem as not "internal"

3) Never have been and never will be on twitter, so haven't a clue what you are on about there, don't even know what a"re tweet "is when its at home!
Warren farm kaput on 15:40 - Sep 9 with 3833 viewsHunterhoop

Warren farm kaput on 15:29 - Sep 9 by PinnerPaul

1) It was £100M further up this thread, I know we're losing money, but £100M in a morning is some going even for Tony et al!

2) I don't lie awake at night thinking about it ,no, back to the wider world - lots of successful comopanies are "in debt" it depends on who its owed to. Our ABC loan was a a lot smaller but a much bigger problem as not "internal"

3) Never have been and never will be on twitter, so haven't a clue what you are on about there, don't even know what a"re tweet "is when its at home!

Agree about 2), Pinner, but it's really well over £200m now.

It was c. £180m after they'd written off £60m odd as a "gift". But that was for the accounts up to 2 years ago. Last year, we are bound to have continued our losses, not least because our wage bill was greater than our revenue for the previous year and we didn't get rid of much cost from 2 years ago to last season.

So £200m is a reasonable, and probably generous. And, unless it is personal wealth (highly doubt), then we don't know who it's owed to. But agree with Antti, I can't see the point for them in putting us in admin to recoup as much as possible this season (or any where we're competing for promotion from the championship).
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024