Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jacks following Wales away? 12:49 - Sep 4 with 14380 viewswales4ever

Hi all.
I was chatting to a mate on the phone lastnight who is out in Cyprus with a group of around thirty mates ( All Cardiff fans ) We got chatting about the game and the place they was staying and during the conversation he mentioned there were about ten Jack staying there to.. I asked was there any trouble or ill feeling and he said no we have all had a great week together they are tidy lads he said there were two from aberdare and the rest from Neath area..
After hearing that it had me wondering have any of you followed Wales home or away this campaign and do you think the Cardiff/Swansea rivalry has mellowed at internationals that we can all get along whilst supporting our country?
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 12:52]
Jacks following Wales away? on 17:54 - Sep 5 with 3195 viewsVetchitBack

Jacks following Wales away? on 15:01 - Sep 5 by BontJack11

I have just come back from Cyprus after watching Wales play out there. I was there for a week and not once did I hear a chant that wasn't a national team song. we were there to support the national teams, not the clubs. I didn't see the thing about there being lots of Cardiff flags as an issue, as there are always Cardiff and even more Wrexham flags at games, and we need to start doing the same.

Yes it's not the bad old days yes it's a minority of Cardiff fans but may I suggest a possible reason for the lack of trouble is the absence of such Swansea City identifiers?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Jacks following Wales away? on 17:59 - Sep 5 with 3173 viewsEdmundo

Jacks following Wales away? on 16:52 - Sep 5 by ScoobyDoo

England have caused havoc in Europe for years so I don't think what clubs name is on the flag, if they want to cause trouble, they will. Can't see the three teams being in the same group anyway.

Ok Scooby!

Just saying if the hordes of Cardiff fans with club flags on show stay in the same City as England fans, it may well ignite into something we don't want to see.
To deny that there is a fair chance this will happen is just burying your head in the sand.

I hope the Welsh fans unite as they have never done before and roar us onto a few wins 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Jacks following Wales away? on 18:22 - Sep 5 with 3122 views1983

Jacks following Wales away? on 13:53 - Sep 5 by Kilkennyjack

What the feck are you on about ?

Just echoing what you said a very valid point

Jacks following Wales away? on 18:23 - Sep 5 with 3119 views1983

Jacks following Wales away? on 15:01 - Sep 5 by BontJack11

I have just come back from Cyprus after watching Wales play out there. I was there for a week and not once did I hear a chant that wasn't a national team song. we were there to support the national teams, not the clubs. I didn't see the thing about there being lots of Cardiff flags as an issue, as there are always Cardiff and even more Wrexham flags at games, and we need to start doing the same.

Just out of interest did you take a flag?

Jacks following Wales away? on 18:41 - Sep 5 with 3075 viewsBYMJacks

I came back at 2 15 this morning from larnaca via frankfurt and bristol and really enjoyed my time out there. there was no trouble between cardiff and swansea fans out there but i had my welsh stuff on and will definately go out france to support wales in the euros next year and am going tomorrow in the canton stand and had no trouble at home v belgium so hoping for the same tomorrow
Jacks following Wales away? on 19:07 - Sep 5 with 3049 viewsChief

Was out in Cyprus, as I've said on other threads, no trouble between Swans/Cardiff in Ayia Napa. Even the Cardiff in Napa we're doing the Ashley Williams captain of Wales song. Stayed in Nicosia night of game which was quiet, so can't speak for that. The flags of supporters of English teams did irk me though. Very confusing

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Jacks following Wales away? on 19:13 - Sep 5 with 3027 viewsKilkennyjack

Jacks following Wales away? on 18:22 - Sep 5 by 1983

Just echoing what you said a very valid point

Ok pal thanks

Beware of the Risen People

Jacks following Wales away? on 19:22 - Sep 5 with 3009 viewsbathgatejack

Jacks following Wales away? on 16:52 - Sep 5 by ScoobyDoo

England have caused havoc in Europe for years so I don't think what clubs name is on the flag, if they want to cause trouble, they will. Can't see the three teams being in the same group anyway.

Would there be trouble is someone displayed a swans flag
Login to get fewer ads

Jacks following Wales away? on 19:31 - Sep 5 with 2992 viewsTrundle10

Wales flags with Bluebirds written/printed on, cannot see the problem, why take actual blue Cardiff flags to a Wales game tho?
Jacks following Wales away? on 20:53 - Sep 5 with 2904 viewsScoobyWho

Jacks following Wales away? on 00:24 - Sep 5 by kopperburgjack

Have you not seen all the Cardiff flags?? Including the BLUE ones?? Disgraceful.

Just remember it only takes twenty of them to take out their flags and everyone thinks there are shit loads of them. They are terrified for anybody to think they don't hold some ridiclious upper hand ( they don't ) France will be different.

It just highlights their pathetic insecurities.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Jacks following Wales away? on 21:09 - Sep 5 with 2869 viewsScoobyDoo

Jacks following Wales away? on 17:59 - Sep 5 by Edmundo

Ok Scooby!

Just saying if the hordes of Cardiff fans with club flags on show stay in the same City as England fans, it may well ignite into something we don't want to see.
To deny that there is a fair chance this will happen is just burying your head in the sand.

I hope the Welsh fans unite as they have never done before and roar us onto a few wins 👍

As I said before, if people are going there for trouble they will find it, one of your nut jobs is on this thread, but hopefully it will go ok. None of us have witnessed a big tournament so we all should celebrate it.
Jacks following Wales away? on 21:11 - Sep 5 with 2859 viewsScoobyDoo

Jacks following Wales away? on 19:22 - Sep 5 by bathgatejack

Would there be trouble is someone displayed a swans flag

Don't see why there should, everybody got on in Cyprus and hopefully tomorrow. Lets embrace it.
Jacks following Wales away? on 23:29 - Sep 5 with 2707 viewswales4ever

Jacks following Wales away? on 19:07 - Sep 5 by Chief

Was out in Cyprus, as I've said on other threads, no trouble between Swans/Cardiff in Ayia Napa. Even the Cardiff in Napa we're doing the Ashley Williams captain of Wales song. Stayed in Nicosia night of game which was quiet, so can't speak for that. The flags of supporters of English teams did irk me though. Very confusing

flags of supporters of English teams?? wtf is all that about?
Jacks following Wales away? on 23:45 - Sep 5 with 2687 viewsScoobyWho

Jacks following Wales away? on 23:29 - Sep 5 by wales4ever

flags of supporters of English teams?? wtf is all that about?

Welsh people who follow Everton as an example.

Jacks following Wales away? on 23:46 - Sep 5 with 2686 viewsScoobyWho

Jacks following Wales away? on 21:09 - Sep 5 by ScoobyDoo

As I said before, if people are going there for trouble they will find it, one of your nut jobs is on this thread, but hopefully it will go ok. None of us have witnessed a big tournament so we all should celebrate it.

See you tomorrow. PM me.

Jacks following Wales away? on 07:43 - Sep 6 with 2491 viewsScoobyDoo

Jacks following Wales away? on 23:46 - Sep 5 by ScoobyWho

See you tomorrow. PM me.

PM you? Why? Apparently you know me, if so you'll know where I am.
Jacks following Wales away? on 08:43 - Sep 6 with 2416 viewsbuilthjack

A united front, with everyone singing their hearts out, is what's needed today.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Jacks following Wales away? on 08:45 - Sep 6 with 2411 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jacks following Wales away? on 12:56 - Sep 4 by wales4ever

No i'm not trying to get bites if that's what your insinuating. Or maybe you think by posting a fish your being a smart arse

Nice friendly response there. Perhaps given your tone you are insinuating that Swansea fans don't go to Wales games because they're scared of Cardiff fans.

Bit of a moot point seeing how few of you remain these days...........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jacks following Wales away? on 09:35 - Sep 6 with 2368 viewsbuilthjack

Loads of Swans fans going today from Mid Wales, and I would think from everywhere else. There will be thousands of Swans fans there.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Jacks following Wales away? on 09:59 - Sep 6 with 2331 viewsScoobyWho

Jacks following Wales away? on 07:43 - Sep 6 by ScoobyDoo

PM you? Why? Apparently you know me, if so you'll know where I am.

😂
I will be with two Cardiff boys ( and many more Swansea ) who know you and who want to know what the Fck you were all about two weeks ago on here. Maybe after that you can go to the bar and buy a round of drinks for us all. Be an adult about it. City Arms, 5pm.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2015 10:02]

Jacks following Wales away? on 10:09 - Sep 6 with 2315 viewsVetchitBack

Jacks following Wales away? on 09:35 - Sep 6 by builthjack

Loads of Swans fans going today from Mid Wales, and I would think from everywhere else. There will be thousands of Swans fans there.

This is an interesting point you've touched on.

I've always felt that non-Swansea based Swans fans are far more enthusiastic Wales fans than their city counterparts.

Similarly most big Wales fans I know locally aren't big Swans fans.

Whether it's a chip-on-the-shoulder sort of attitude that sees us as superior to the rest of Wales (especially the place they play in) I don't know? Sounds bad but stems from an immense civic pride.

I don't think the above is a conscious thought process but definitely plays a part.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Jacks following Wales away? on 10:21 - Sep 6 with 2296 viewsScoobyDoo

Jacks following Wales away? on 09:59 - Sep 6 by ScoobyWho

😂
I will be with two Cardiff boys ( and many more Swansea ) who know you and who want to know what the Fck you were all about two weeks ago on here. Maybe after that you can go to the bar and buy a round of drinks for us all. Be an adult about it. City Arms, 5pm.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2015 10:02]

City Arms 5pm? Obviously not going to the game then? You know and everybody else on here knows what you posted so don't try and shift the blame son. Wonder why those supposed Cardiff fans feel the need to accompany you god only knows.
Jacks following Wales away? on 10:26 - Sep 6 with 2288 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jacks following Wales away? on 10:09 - Sep 6 by VetchitBack

This is an interesting point you've touched on.

I've always felt that non-Swansea based Swans fans are far more enthusiastic Wales fans than their city counterparts.

Similarly most big Wales fans I know locally aren't big Swans fans.

Whether it's a chip-on-the-shoulder sort of attitude that sees us as superior to the rest of Wales (especially the place they play in) I don't know? Sounds bad but stems from an immense civic pride.

I don't think the above is a conscious thought process but definitely plays a part.

I think after the marginalisation (to put it politely) of Swans fans who wanted to follow their country (but were "discouraged" from doing so by larger numbers of hostile rival supporters) a thcik skin has developed where the Welsh national team is concerned.

Add to that a worsening political divide due to poor funding between Cardiff and Swansea caused by the Welsh government - it shouldn't really surprise anyone that this situation has manifested itself - especially with the Swans doing so well.

I want the national team to succeed of course (nobody can take my nationality off me) and personally I wouldn't have a problem sitting with a group of Cardiff supporters to watch a game but I can see why some might not feel the same.

Jacks following Wales away? on 10:37 - Sep 6 with 2262 viewsScoobyDoo

Jacks following Wales away? on 10:26 - Sep 6 by Brynmill_Jack

I think after the marginalisation (to put it politely) of Swans fans who wanted to follow their country (but were "discouraged" from doing so by larger numbers of hostile rival supporters) a thcik skin has developed where the Welsh national team is concerned.

Add to that a worsening political divide due to poor funding between Cardiff and Swansea caused by the Welsh government - it shouldn't really surprise anyone that this situation has manifested itself - especially with the Swans doing so well.

I want the national team to succeed of course (nobody can take my nationality off me) and personally I wouldn't have a problem sitting with a group of Cardiff supporters to watch a game but I can see why some might not feel the same.

The two home games I've attended Bryn club teams have not come up in conversation, no one cares as it's Wales we are there to support, when Bale scored against Belgium everybody was celebrating together. Feck me, even Hymns an Arias was sung (your version ). Years ago I don't think that would have happened, do you?

Today could be a day in history none of us are likely to forget, lets enjoy it.
Jacks following Wales away? on 10:48 - Sep 6 with 2233 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jacks following Wales away? on 10:37 - Sep 6 by ScoobyDoo

The two home games I've attended Bryn club teams have not come up in conversation, no one cares as it's Wales we are there to support, when Bale scored against Belgium everybody was celebrating together. Feck me, even Hymns an Arias was sung (your version ). Years ago I don't think that would have happened, do you?

Today could be a day in history none of us are likely to forget, lets enjoy it.

Fair comment Scooby, i'd love it if things have irrevocably changed for the better. And yes, history will be made today and I can't wait. Good luck to the boys

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024