Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium 11:20 - Jul 29 with 6481 viewsqueensparker

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/qpr/cargiant_deliver_another_blow_to_qpr_stadium_p

Would be nice to have some clarity on this from the council. What exactly are the plans for Old Oak? Who is in charge? It sounds from this like various parties are just cracking on with their own agendas
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 14:06 - Jul 29 with 1567 viewsNorthernr

I like this Car Giant man
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 14:25 - Jul 29 with 1530 viewswood_hoop

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:17 - Jul 29 by Rangersw12

I can't believe people still think we will have a new stadium

TF is all talk no action

Oi ! stop rocking the pedestal........

Long long way to go before TF lays the first foundation stone, that's if he is still chairman of course, and we are still in the prem, cos if not, who's funding the new stadium ?

Used to be called delusional grandeur, now we have the 'bull shi* syndrome' seem to have nigh on an epidemic inflicting many in the world of football.
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 14:45 - Jul 29 with 1497 viewsdaveB

It is amusing that when Fernandes speaks he shouldn't do his business in public and just get on with it. When the owner of Car Giant runs to the press at every opportunity that is fine and he is obviously a very clever and honest chap.

I've no idea if the stadium will happen or not but this was always going to happen that companies already in the area would dig their heels and not just do what we want them to do. They'll probably come to an agreement in the end
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 14:45]
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:04 - Jul 29 with 1464 viewskysersosaqpr

It's all about maxing the money pot. This is what planners would call a "strategic site" where the new cross rail interlinks with rest of B Rail. So it's going to be developed - look at all other key strategic parts of the cross rail development and they were all " acquired" either normally or via compulsory purchase orders.
Now the govnt bods will want a partner who will pay out for "planning gain" & "work with the local community". Now car giant or qpr - think we win hands down - so all calm down and think of European glory in 2020!?!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:21 - Jul 29 with 1427 viewsSpiritofGregory

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:04 - Jul 29 by kysersosaqpr

It's all about maxing the money pot. This is what planners would call a "strategic site" where the new cross rail interlinks with rest of B Rail. So it's going to be developed - look at all other key strategic parts of the cross rail development and they were all " acquired" either normally or via compulsory purchase orders.
Now the govnt bods will want a partner who will pay out for "planning gain" & "work with the local community". Now car giant or qpr - think we win hands down - so all calm down and think of European glory in 2020!?!

Why would we win hands down, the guy owns the site.
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:24 - Jul 29 with 1415 viewskensalriser

A lot of people owned sites where they built the Olympics facilities too.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:26 - Jul 29 with 1414 viewsHollowayRanger

well im happy at loftus road

got best seat in da house (not that i ever sit on it)

and id rather stay here and watch us play in championship divsion 1 -2 -3

then move to some souless new ground playing in the premiership

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:30 - Jul 29 with 1404 viewsvblockranger

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:26 - Jul 29 by HollowayRanger

well im happy at loftus road

got best seat in da house (not that i ever sit on it)

and id rather stay here and watch us play in championship divsion 1 -2 -3

then move to some souless new ground playing in the premiership

Amen to that! Love Loftus Rd and all its memories since i was a kid. Dont want to move and hope new stadium falls through and Fernandes is talking his usual bullshit.
Login to get fewer ads

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:32 - Jul 29 with 1405 viewsWeaverQPR

The day we set foot into a new stadium is the day this club we fell in love with changes forever

@WeavQPR

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:43 - Jul 29 with 1378 viewsSpiritofGregory

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 14:45 - Jul 29 by daveB

It is amusing that when Fernandes speaks he shouldn't do his business in public and just get on with it. When the owner of Car Giant runs to the press at every opportunity that is fine and he is obviously a very clever and honest chap.

I've no idea if the stadium will happen or not but this was always going to happen that companies already in the area would dig their heels and not just do what we want them to do. They'll probably come to an agreement in the end
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 14:45]

Mendes can say what he likes, he owns the site.

What would you say if you owned a plot of land that had a very successful business on it and someone else starts mouthing off to the press about building on it, when you haven't even agreed a price.
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:44 - Jul 29 with 1378 viewsMetallica_Hoop

On a side note, my nan told me they tried to bomb those gasworks but hit the cemetery instead.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:46 - Jul 29 with 1375 viewsSpiritofGregory

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:24 - Jul 29 by kensalriser

A lot of people owned sites where they built the Olympics facilities too.

Those people were paid handsomely for their sites.
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:53 - Jul 29 with 1353 viewsQPR_John

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:46 - Jul 29 by SpiritofGregory

Those people were paid handsomely for their sites.

It is difficult to know what you are replying to if the poster is ignored
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:55 - Jul 29 with 1346 viewskysersosaqpr

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:21 - Jul 29 by SpiritofGregory

Why would we win hands down, the guy owns the site.

With compulsory purchase orders, those who are pushing the strategic sites - i.e. Crossrial, i.e. The Govnt - will buy them up regardless of who owns it. Those in partnership with em (e.g. Qpr paying for infrastructure stuff like road links, etc) will get their site.

Happens all over the place - as someone said here all the businesses who were on the Olympic sites were bought off whether they want to sell or not.

Car giant simply trying to maximise their dough - fair enough

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 16:01 - Jul 29 with 1334 viewsQPR_John

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:53 - Jul 29 by QPR_John

It is difficult to know what you are replying to if the poster is ignored

I apologise. It seems I ignored the poster and I have no idea how it happened it was not deliberate
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 16:03 - Jul 29 with 1313 viewsSpiritofGregory

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:55 - Jul 29 by kysersosaqpr

With compulsory purchase orders, those who are pushing the strategic sites - i.e. Crossrial, i.e. The Govnt - will buy them up regardless of who owns it. Those in partnership with em (e.g. Qpr paying for infrastructure stuff like road links, etc) will get their site.

Happens all over the place - as someone said here all the businesses who were on the Olympic sites were bought off whether they want to sell or not.

Car giant simply trying to maximise their dough - fair enough

We can talk about compulsory purchasing all day long the point is that Mendes has just announced that he and others are pushing ahead and it does not involve QPR.
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 16:09 - Jul 29 with 1301 viewsNW5Hoop

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 16:03 - Jul 29 by SpiritofGregory

We can talk about compulsory purchasing all day long the point is that Mendes has just announced that he and others are pushing ahead and it does not involve QPR.

This.

It sounds very much as though CarGiant are very much involved in the redevelopment. And QPR aren't.
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 16:12 - Jul 29 with 1291 viewsQPR_John

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 16:09 - Jul 29 by NW5Hoop

This.

It sounds very much as though CarGiant are very much involved in the redevelopment. And QPR aren't.

I just wonder what their involvement is would not expect the most vital piece of the jigsaw for a new development would be a car lot
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 16:17 - Jul 29 with 1275 viewsdaveB

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 16:03 - Jul 29 by SpiritofGregory

He is pushing ahead with plans, doesn't mean those plans will ever happen. I'm pushing ahead with my plans to give Kelly Brook one but that probably won't happen either.

The more noise he makes and the more serious he looks about re building and developing the land the more money he'll get when he eventually sells up.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 16:17]
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 16:19 - Jul 29 with 1265 viewsessextaxiboy

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 15:32 - Jul 29 by WeaverQPR

The day we set foot into a new stadium is the day this club we fell in love with changes forever

Most of the clubs that have moved to a new ground seem to have taken the fans with them ...except Cov
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 16:27 - Jul 29 with 1248 viewsLythamR

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 16:17 - Jul 29 by daveB

He is pushing ahead with plans, doesn't mean those plans will ever happen. I'm pushing ahead with my plans to give Kelly Brook one but that probably won't happen either.

The more noise he makes and the more serious he looks about re building and developing the land the more money he'll get when he eventually sells up.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 16:17]

Exactly Dave

This is all positioning, I dont understand people calling out the Car Giant guy, after all he has gone and developed a business where nobody else was remotely interested and relocation of a business is a major undertaking but people like Fernandes and Beard appear to have ploughed forward without giving him any real consideration

If I was Mendes I would be digging in big time and trying to get as much out as i could, after all he also has 750 staff to consider as well.

I am sure Fernandes and Beard would have liked CG to just hand over the land for a pittance and scuttle of quietly to Park Royal but that isnt going to happen, Fernades either needs to make an attractive offer or wait and let Boris and co sort it out
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 16:53 - Jul 29 with 1205 viewsqprnw10

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:43 - Jul 29 by kensalriser

No chance of Chelsea or anyone else building a stadium on the gas works, access is too limited. And it's Green, not Rise.

You know your a proper 'Kensal' boy when you differentiate between Kensal Rise and Kensal Green...I do the same! 😃
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 17:56 - Jul 29 with 1151 viewsizlingtonhoop

I've mentioned this before, but Lawson's builders' merchants in Drayton Park played exactly this game when the Emirates land purchases were going through. Successfully getting a good deal financially and some would argue a better site elsewhere in the borough.

Edit
Although my feeling is with many others on here, that TF just aint gonna make it happen Car Giant or no.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 18:02]
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 19:38 - Jul 29 with 1080 viewsderbyhoop

TFT did say, previously, that he already owned some of the land at Old Oak.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 20:42 - Jul 29 with 1036 viewsRangersAreBack

Car Giant are perfectly entitled to submit their own visions and plans for the area, that does not necessarily mean that it will be ratified and the stadium won't be built.

Personally, I'd like to see Tony and the board finalise the training ground first. If they can't drive this through when faced with opposition from a small band of local protestors what appetite will they have for taking on big business?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024