Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bird flu 13:10 - Oct 5 with 2009 viewsmangohilljack

Will you fall for this craziness again or will you just think back a few years and think 'Not this time buddy'?
Bird flu on 13:50 - Oct 5 with 1673 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I’m not a bird so I’m fine.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Bird flu on 14:57 - Oct 5 with 1633 viewsmax936

I've just come down with Covid again for the 2nd time and noway is it just a cold as some suggest, virtually been rough since the first sign of symptoms, its awful.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bird flu on 17:46 - Oct 5 with 1597 viewsDJack

Bird flu on 14:57 - Oct 5 by max936

I've just come down with Covid again for the 2nd time and noway is it just a cold as some suggest, virtually been rough since the first sign of symptoms, its awful.

You can't have! It's all a lie, I know cos I read it it on a conspiracy site!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Bird flu on 17:54 - Oct 5 with 1589 viewstheloneranger

Bird flu on 17:46 - Oct 5 by DJack

You can't have! It's all a lie, I know cos I read it it on a conspiracy site!

Yep, this doctor's telling lies as well!! 😥

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Bird flu on 21:27 - Oct 5 with 1512 viewsSullutaCreturned

It's not just a cold but these days it's more like the flu than a lethal pandemic, which it turned out it really wasn't.

I was ill last week, probably covid because there's loads of it where I work, it felt like the flu. 5 days and I was fine though. I don't have more serious underlying conditions though and at 57 I'm getting on but not THAT old.

It should be horses for courses not a one size fits all approach that ws such a mess last time.
Bird flu on 21:44 - Oct 5 with 1494 viewsDr_Winston

Bird flu on 21:27 - Oct 5 by SullutaCreturned

It's not just a cold but these days it's more like the flu than a lethal pandemic, which it turned out it really wasn't.

I was ill last week, probably covid because there's loads of it where I work, it felt like the flu. 5 days and I was fine though. I don't have more serious underlying conditions though and at 57 I'm getting on but not THAT old.

It should be horses for courses not a one size fits all approach that ws such a mess last time.

We shut down Society for a virus that most fit, healthy people had effectively zero chance of dying from. Countless Billions were pissed away. The mental health of young people ignored. Huge mental health red flags dismissed.

Covid was not one of Humanity's finest hours.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bird flu on 22:07 - Oct 5 with 1482 viewsScotia

Bird flu on 21:44 - Oct 5 by Dr_Winston

We shut down Society for a virus that most fit, healthy people had effectively zero chance of dying from. Countless Billions were pissed away. The mental health of young people ignored. Huge mental health red flags dismissed.

Covid was not one of Humanity's finest hours.

Bird flu? Nothing to worry about.

We had no choice but to shut society down for Covid, it could have been done better, and for slightly less long but that's hindsight for you.
Bird flu on 22:15 - Oct 5 with 1480 viewsDr_Winston

Bird flu on 22:07 - Oct 5 by Scotia

Bird flu? Nothing to worry about.

We had no choice but to shut society down for Covid, it could have been done better, and for slightly less long but that's hindsight for you.

There was a choice. The UK made one. Sweden made another.

Sweden won.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Bird flu on 22:29 - Oct 5 with 1460 viewsScotia

Bird flu on 22:15 - Oct 5 by Dr_Winston

Sweden won.

Swedish society and the country as a whole is very different.

Their approach wouldn't have worked here.

This sort of sums it up.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-95699-9

And that's before the societal collapse that would have been inevitable in the UK.

That's not to say non essential shops could have stayed open and outdoor events carried on, but that's hindsight.
[Post edited 5 Oct 22:35]
Bird flu on 22:33 - Oct 5 with 1452 viewsKeithHaynes

Bird flu on 22:29 - Oct 5 by Scotia

This sort of sums it up.

And that's before the societal collapse that would have been inevitable in the UK.

That's not to say non essential shops could have stayed open and outdoor events carried on, but that's hindsight.

When it comes to illegal migration I would hope countries are learning from their stupidity.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bird flu on 22:39 - Oct 5 with 1430 viewsDr_Winston

Bird flu on 22:29 - Oct 5 by Scotia

This sort of sums it up.

It's not hindsight. We knew at the time that long established protocols were being thrown away. We knew at the time that respiratory viruses almost never spread outdoors yet we forced people to stay inside.

For all the abuse thrown at them the first instincts of the UK Govt have undoubtedly been proven to be correct. It's just a shame that they were forced to deviate from them. The UK would be in a better place now if they hadn't.

Bird flu on 22:55 - Oct 5 with 1405 viewsScotia

Bird flu on 22:39 - Oct 5 by Dr_Winston

It's not hindsight. We knew at the time that long established protocols were being thrown away. We knew at the time that respiratory viruses almost never spread outdoors yet we forced people to stay inside.

For all the abuse thrown at them the first instincts of the UK Govt have undoubtedly been proven to be correct. It's just a shame that they were forced to deviate from them. The UK would be in a better place now if they hadn't.

But you couldn't have outside events, really, without a lot of inside mingling to some degree. A completely outside family barbecue would be great, but the Cheltenham festival not.

The first instincts of the government led to longer restrictions, especially in the second wave. They took too long to react especially with a vaccine on the horizon.

Restrictions should have been far more nuanced and the government had enough lead up to do that in the second wave but didn't.

The biggest mistake really is not completely removing all
restrictions once everyone had a first jab. But that's totally down to hindsight.
Bird flu on 23:01 - Oct 5 with 1401 viewsDr_Winston

Bird flu on 22:55 - Oct 5 by Scotia

But you couldn't have outside events, really, without a lot of inside mingling to some degree. A completely outside family barbecue would be great, but the Cheltenham festival not.

The first instincts of the government led to longer restrictions, especially in the second wave. They took too long to react especially with a vaccine on the horizon.

Restrictions should have been far more nuanced and the government had enough lead up to do that in the second wave but didn't.

The biggest mistake really is not completely removing all
restrictions once everyone had a first jab. But that's totally down to hindsight.

70-75% of what you're saying I agree with. Mass events like Chelt Fest should have stopped. Even the Swedes wouldn't have countenanced that. Certainly any and all restrictions should have ended once most at risk people had had one jab.

I think the Govt allowed itself to be bullied (or shamed) into doing things that made no sense. Once it was obvious that the protests around the death of George Floyd had led to no discernible increase in infections then most outdoors restrictions should have been dispensed with.

Bird flu on 23:44 - Oct 5 with 1385 viewsLuther27

Bird flu on 23:01 - Oct 5 by Dr_Winston

70-75% of what you're saying I agree with. Mass events like Chelt Fest should have stopped. Even the Swedes wouldn't have countenanced that. Certainly any and all restrictions should have ended once most at risk people had had one jab.

I think the Govt allowed itself to be bullied (or shamed) into doing things that made no sense. Once it was obvious that the protests around the death of George Floyd had led to no discernible increase in infections then most outdoors restrictions should have been dispensed with.

I think the Govt were influenced by the media more than anything else. Every night we watched scenes of horror spreading across Europe of people dying on corridors in hospitals…stories of health systems such as Italy and Spain being unable to cope, and those services being spouted as being superior to our NHS.
We can look back and say they should have done this they should have done that etc.Covid has changed the world that’s pretty obvious. The cry now is carry on going to work…deliver to the economy. All this from a Govt that can’t offer children a dental check up…where you can’t see a GP….where there are shortages of medication…and where even so often our NHS providers ask you not to go to hospital unless you’re dying or actually dead.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Bird flu on 06:15 - Oct 6 with 1354 viewsmangohilljack

My bet is you have influenza A
Bird flu on 14:59 - Oct 6 with 1240 viewshobo

Should have got vaccinated mate
Bird flu on 15:16 - Oct 6 with 1218 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Bird flu on 06:15 - Oct 6 by mangohilljack

My bet is you have influenza A

Thanks doc 👍

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Bird flu on 15:55 - Oct 6 with 1186 viewsmax936

Bird flu on 14:59 - Oct 6 by hobo

Should have got vaccinated mate

I've had my jabs, my lad has become autoimmune was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis and he says the issues only started after his covid jab, rheumatologist didn't discount his opinion either, makes you wonder!

Bird flu on 16:54 - Oct 6 with 1134 viewsSullutaCreturned

Bird flu on 15:55 - Oct 6 by max936

I've had my jabs, my lad has become autoimmune was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis and he says the issues only started after his covid jab, rheumatologist didn't discount his opinion either, makes you wonder!

My sister was a nurse, she told me that after all she'd been told by colleagues and her own personal experiences that she wouldn't have another covid jab.
Bird flu on 18:44 - Oct 6 with 1064 viewsmax936

Bird flu on 16:54 - Oct 6 by SullutaCreturned

My sister was a nurse, she told me that after all she'd been told by colleagues and her own personal experiences that she wouldn't have another covid jab.

I've had three, not having anymore, nurse is due tomorrow to give our youngest his annual flue and Covid jab, got to put her off now cause I've got the poxy thing, I'm rough as toast as well, I'm sure it wasn't this bad the first time I had it, chest is tight as well.

Bird flu on 20:16 - Oct 6 with 1007 viewsonehunglow

Bird flu on 18:44 - Oct 6 by max936

I've had three, not having anymore, nurse is due tomorrow to give our youngest his annual flue and Covid jab, got to put her off now cause I've got the poxy thing, I'm rough as toast as well, I'm sure it wasn't this bad the first time I had it, chest is tight as well.

I am also not well S.
I am right off my food and have not drunk alcohol for over a week.
Getting older,I worry if there is always an inderlying reason. It’s verthinking
Neighbours both sides of us have died this week and another across the road.
It’s lethal here

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bird flu on 09:01 - Oct 7 with 843 viewslifelong

Bird flu on 20:16 - Oct 6 by onehunglow

I am also not well S.
It’s lethal here

‘I’m also not well’.

You can say that again. 😂
Bird flu on 15:18 - Oct 7 with 772 viewsWhiterockin

Bird flu on 20:16 - Oct 6 by onehunglow

I am also not well S.
It’s lethal here

I'd consider moving.
Bird flu on 15:36 - Oct 7 with 732 viewsonehunglow

Bird flu on 15:18 - Oct 7 by Whiterockin

I'd consider moving.

Nah
Been here forty years now.
I’m seeing them all off
Trouble is we are surrounded by green belt.,which Labour council might well give up .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bird flu on 17:20 - Oct 7 with 672 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Bird flu on 22:15 - Oct 5 by Dr_Winston

Sweden won.

Sweden has a population density of 6% of the UK may be a reason why it did not spread so easily in Sweden.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024