Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread 04:12 - Aug 15 with 17426 viewsNotLoyal

The Graeme Potter’s are next to arrive at the Newly Named Stadium. This is a repeat of other games played between the two sides in the past. When Kyle Naughton fell over at Stoke a few months ago everybody accused Swansea of cheating, let’s get this straight. It wasn’t Stoke cheating, diving or injuring opposition players as they have done for years, apparently it was Swansea.

For this matchday thread we will pretend both clubs are in League two. Like Liverpool,if they were relegated three times.

Swansea City v Stoke City
Tuesday August 17th
7.45 pm Kick Off

This is Joshua Smith who is very young, he is older than twelve but not much more, his dad is John Smith, the man who makes tins of frothy alcohol for weirdos. Joshua should be well advised to give all dodgy decisions to the swans or the juvenile east stand will throw food at him and knock a barrier over. So, watch out Josh. Oh, by the way Josh is a referee, he owns a whistle. He will be able to blow his new whistle whilst other men will wave flags and buzz his arm. These are Mark ( Jack ) Russell and Nik ( Saint ) Barnard There is a fourth Official called Tom ( Vic ) Reeves, he will generally wave a board about and tell everyone around him to calm down.

In the meantime here is a thick looking Cardiff fan

Stoke people are called potters, unlike plumbers or parsnips. Plumbers are usually associated with Blackpool or Waterlooville, sometimes Thames. A parsnip is a vegetable, so maybe the association is with dwarf land down the road, Hi Ho ! Stoke is famous for oatcakes and for calling people duck. Oh hang on, Plumbers ? An oatcake is a plant made out of human excretion mixed with finger nails. It’s ok to taste but not as nice as say, a cheeseburger or indeed a Quorn dog. The main ‘firm’ in Stoke is Port Vale who regularly beat up Stokies, but all Port Vale fans are utter bellends, sums the pair of them up.

Stoke City are reported to have sold 380 tickets.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55497/swansea-city-v-sto

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Ben Cabango, Brandon Cooper, Ryan Manning; Joel Latibeaudiere, Flynn Downes, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Yan Dhanda; Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Morgan Whittaker, Jamie Paterson, Joel Piroe, Liam Cullen, Ethan Laird, Dan Williams.

Stoke City: Josef Bursik; Tommy Smith, Ben Wilmot, Harry Souttar, Leo Ostigard, Jacob Brown; Josh Tymon, Joe Allen (captain), Sam Clucas; Nick Powell, Sam Surridge.

Substitutes: Adam Davies, Morgan Fox, Danny Batth, Steven Fletcher, Alfie Doughty, Jordan Thompson, Tom Ince.

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:53 - Aug 17 with 2008 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:52 - Aug 17 by BenJ94

Swans TV not working for me for second half! Anyone else having problems?

me too

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:54 - Aug 17 with 2013 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:52 - Aug 17 by BenJ94

Swans TV not working for me for second half! Anyone else having problems?

Yes, same old crap. Audio only since the 2nd half started.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:56 - Aug 17 with 1972 viewstheloneranger

FFS,, Clucas does it again.

0-2

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:56 - Aug 17 with 1945 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Well, at least I didn't have to see that ginger take his shirt off.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:57 - Aug 17 with 1939 viewsKeithHaynes

This is suicidal.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:58 - Aug 17 with 1881 viewsPolskijack

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:54 - Aug 17 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yes, same old crap. Audio only since the 2nd half started.

Annoying as I've moved over to my IPTV and it's working fine but on Stokes version. Fck Clucas scores
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:58 - Aug 17 with 1880 viewsHeadmaster

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:56 - Aug 17 by theloneranger

FFS,, Clucas does it again.

0-2

That tw@ puts more effort into scoring against us than he did for us.
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:59 - Aug 17 with 1852 viewsonehunglow

Instead of feeding us tbis pretty football bollox maybe the basics might be better.

I am getting horrible feelings about Martin right now as our prioritie are all wrong.

As for Clucas,pity we havent anyone to nobble him

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:59 - Aug 17 with 1852 viewsmagicdaps10

Not good tonight but hopefully will serve the kick up the rear that is needed to strengthen the team and prompt.

Said at the start that I would take a point but a poor summer in terms of the managerial situation was likely going to mean a poor start for us.

Centre back, creative 10 and a striker please board.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:02 - Aug 17 with 1757 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:59 - Aug 17 by magicdaps10

Not good tonight but hopefully will serve the kick up the rear that is needed to strengthen the team and prompt.

Said at the start that I would take a point but a poor summer in terms of the managerial situation was likely going to mean a poor start for us.

Not good!
It is about the very basics.
No shot on target in 2 games

We have truly tumbled and Martin ,to me right now,is not the man for us but there again,so what.

To try to play as we do is madness until you have the players who can.

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:04 - Aug 17 with 1735 viewsThornburyswan

Ouch this could get very ugly!
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:04 - Aug 17 with 1724 viewsicecoldjack

My Swans TV has crashed and burned, much like our performance so far.

Just before half time, the feed was lost and its telling me to buy a subscription... robbing coonts mun!

As for what I've seen so far, everything we all know we. No cutting edge up front and as the quality players leave they get replaced with watered down talent. Love what the manager is trying to do but we don't have anywhere near the class if player we had when starting our journey under Roberto.

Early days though, let's see after 10 games.
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:04 - Aug 17 with 1723 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:59 - Aug 17 by magicdaps10

Thats a lot needed - and late in the day to come in.

We need some experience, dont we ?

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:04 - Aug 17 with 1712 viewsMinesapint

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:04 - Aug 17 by Thornburyswan

Ouch this could get very ugly!

Dear God. You aren't wrong.
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:04 - Aug 17 with 1707 viewstheloneranger

Our brilliant set piece defending is gone, gone, gone, gone, gone.

0-3

Clucas must think it's fvcking Xmas!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:05 - Aug 17 with 1676 viewsOldjack

dear me

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:06 - Aug 17 with 1647 viewsonehunglow

We have assembled a squad of weak waifs and this is the result.

Kids against men

IMO,our policy is all wrong .

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:07 - Aug 17 with 1630 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:04 - Aug 17 by Kilkennyjack

Thats a lot needed - and late in the day to come in.

We need some experience, dont we ?

In the back 3...yes.

We need a creative figure in midfield and a striker capable of scoring goals.

2 weeks is plenty of time. The worry is IF the board supply.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:07 - Aug 17 with 1606 viewsmax936

Own goal that wasn’t it, ??

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:07 - Aug 17 with 1594 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:06 - Aug 17 by onehunglow

We have assembled a squad of weak waifs and this is the result.

Kids against men

IMO,our policy is all wrong .

At least Jeff Stelling is still calling it The Liberty Stadium.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:08 - Aug 17 with 1548 viewsAnotherJohn

Long hard season ahead.
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:10 - Aug 17 with 1502 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:07 - Aug 17 by union_jack

At least Jeff Stelling is still calling it The Liberty Stadium.

All depends on how hopeful one is really.
Clucas lauding it i hard to take,as is their fans .

"This is the way Swansea will continue to play"!.Good luck with that Russ.

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:10 - Aug 17 with 1505 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:08 - Aug 17 by AnotherJohn

Long hard season ahead.

This ^
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:10 - Aug 17 with 1492 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:02 - Aug 17 by onehunglow

Not good!
It is about the very basics.
No shot on target in 2 games

We have truly tumbled and Martin ,to me right now,is not the man for us but there again,so what.

To try to play as we do is madness until you have the players who can.

It doesn’t really matter what style of football you try to play if the players are individually lacking in talent. And ours are. To think people used to complain about Ayew.

One chink of hope -Laird looks very promising. But of course he’s not ours.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 21:13]
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:11 - Aug 17 with 1477 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:08 - Aug 17 by AnotherJohn

Long hard season ahead.

And it wont be improved
by kids on loan coming in

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024