Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread 04:12 - Aug 15 with 17425 viewsNotLoyal

The Graeme Potter’s are next to arrive at the Newly Named Stadium. This is a repeat of other games played between the two sides in the past. When Kyle Naughton fell over at Stoke a few months ago everybody accused Swansea of cheating, let’s get this straight. It wasn’t Stoke cheating, diving or injuring opposition players as they have done for years, apparently it was Swansea.

For this matchday thread we will pretend both clubs are in League two. Like Liverpool,if they were relegated three times.

Swansea City v Stoke City
Tuesday August 17th
7.45 pm Kick Off

This is Joshua Smith who is very young, he is older than twelve but not much more, his dad is John Smith, the man who makes tins of frothy alcohol for weirdos. Joshua should be well advised to give all dodgy decisions to the swans or the juvenile east stand will throw food at him and knock a barrier over. So, watch out Josh. Oh, by the way Josh is a referee, he owns a whistle. He will be able to blow his new whistle whilst other men will wave flags and buzz his arm. These are Mark ( Jack ) Russell and Nik ( Saint ) Barnard There is a fourth Official called Tom ( Vic ) Reeves, he will generally wave a board about and tell everyone around him to calm down.

In the meantime here is a thick looking Cardiff fan

Stoke people are called potters, unlike plumbers or parsnips. Plumbers are usually associated with Blackpool or Waterlooville, sometimes Thames. A parsnip is a vegetable, so maybe the association is with dwarf land down the road, Hi Ho ! Stoke is famous for oatcakes and for calling people duck. Oh hang on, Plumbers ? An oatcake is a plant made out of human excretion mixed with finger nails. It’s ok to taste but not as nice as say, a cheeseburger or indeed a Quorn dog. The main ‘firm’ in Stoke is Port Vale who regularly beat up Stokies, but all Port Vale fans are utter bellends, sums the pair of them up.

Stoke City are reported to have sold 380 tickets.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55497/swansea-city-v-sto

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Ben Cabango, Brandon Cooper, Ryan Manning; Joel Latibeaudiere, Flynn Downes, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Yan Dhanda; Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Morgan Whittaker, Jamie Paterson, Joel Piroe, Liam Cullen, Ethan Laird, Dan Williams.

Stoke City: Josef Bursik; Tommy Smith, Ben Wilmot, Harry Souttar, Leo Ostigard, Jacob Brown; Josh Tymon, Joe Allen (captain), Sam Clucas; Nick Powell, Sam Surridge.

Substitutes: Adam Davies, Morgan Fox, Danny Batth, Steven Fletcher, Alfie Doughty, Jordan Thompson, Tom Ince.

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:04 - Aug 17 with 2247 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 19:54 - Aug 17 by magicdaps10

Don't know what people expect with this line up, we have a handful of injuries plus we are 2/3 players short especially at Striker and creative Midfield.

I am not expecting much again tonight, hopefully just cementing the style, gaining confidence and would gladly take a point tonight.

Daps, we look shocking 😩

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:07 - Aug 17 with 2189 viewsmagicdaps10

We have 2 kids at centre back along with a left back/midfielder alongside them.
We have a winger up top with an inexperienced attacking midfielder.

Martin needs reinforcements in key positions and needs them quick.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:07 - Aug 17 with 2181 viewsonehunglow

We are told it is exciting when it comes off.

There we are then. We have to be patient

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:09 - Aug 17 with 2144 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:07 - Aug 17 by onehunglow

Course we got to be patient, take the whole situation into account!
How old are you!? Look at the defence and attack, look at the injured list plus the need for new players.

Anyone having a hissy fit and throwing their knickers around the place need to grow up a lot.

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:09 - Aug 17 with 2136 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:07 - Aug 17 by onehunglow

Nothing up front is the problem.

I will say though, it’s evident as has been said there’s a lot of patience ( and recruitment) required.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:11 - Aug 17 with 2107 viewsThornburyswan

Agree & suspect it might be a few months of waiting too, current set up is less defensively able & less capable up top too - granted that in part that is due to losing Guehi & Ayew but the change in formation/style with unfortunately add to this.

I fully expect us to be bottom 6 at Xmas.
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:11 - Aug 17 with 2077 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:09 - Aug 17 by KeithHaynes

Nothing up front is the problem.

I will say though, it’s evident as has been said there’s a lot of patience ( and recruitment) required.

Not much anywhere really Keith.
Im staggered actually.
We start with no strikers of note and continue to risk more goals.
Puzzles me anyway.

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:14 - Aug 17 with 2048 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:09 - Aug 17 by magicdaps10

Course we got to be patient, take the whole situation into account!
How old are you!? Look at the defence and attack, look at the injured list plus the need for new players.

Anyone having a hissy fit and throwing their knickers around the place need to grow up a lot.

I still got my knickers on, but after Saturday’s promising performance this is abject, we brought in a known sicknote in Walsh, madness considering our resources, Bennett is looking like he’s another, in fairness to him he’s battling against father time

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:16 - Aug 17 with 2017 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:14 - Aug 17 by max936

I still got my knickers on, but after Saturday’s promising performance this is abject, we brought in a known sicknote in Walsh, madness considering our resources, Bennett is looking like he’s another, in fairness to him he’s battling against father time

If Walsh was fit would Martin have benched Lowe and stuck him in the middle as well?

Strikers at the club, made a choice not to use them today.
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:18 - Aug 17 with 1992 viewstheloneranger

... "he’s battling against father time"

He's only just turned 31. 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:19 - Aug 17 with 1973 viewsmagicdaps10

As said, throw in a centre half along with a creative midfielder and striker.... We are still down on numbers even with the injured players back.

We have recruited decently but a striker is desperately needed, one who has a goalscoring record. The back 3 looks very inexperienced tonight with no Bennett and Naughton.

Think Martin has to roll the dice at half time and bring Piroe on for Fulton.

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:22 - Aug 17 with 1920 viewsonehunglow

Good decision to bring on Piroe.Martin knows he got the starting line up wrong. Credit to him.

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Aug 17 with 1907 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:18 - Aug 17 by theloneranger

... "he’s battling against father time"

He's only just turned 31. 😂

Well he’s getting on in football terms, putting Piroe on now why the feck didn’t he start with him, Danda off and Lowe on wing for me, not sure what he’ll do though

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:24 - Aug 17 with 1882 viewsonehunglow

I really never had any patience though

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Aug 17 with 1755 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The insistence to start with a lower league winger as our primary striker again this season continues to bemuse me. Hopefully it's just a case of Piroe not being ready to start.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:36 - Aug 17 with 1669 viewsOldjack

very poor first 15 ,but we look far better atm, CUTTING EDGE it's not there

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:37 - Aug 17 with 1652 viewsonehunglow

The fact we have had not one shot at goal whilst at home must ask questions regardless of what players we have.

Right now, we look dire and nobody can deny that.

We are simply living in hope . Quite why we cannot get seasoned pros at the club with a solid,experienced manager who knows the game baffles me.

The players we need to play this Barca footy are beyond our wagebill and we need to accept that.

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:42 - Aug 17 with 1575 viewsOldjack

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:19 - Aug 17 by magicdaps10

As said, throw in a centre half along with a creative midfielder and striker.... We are still down on numbers even with the injured players back.

We have recruited decently but a striker is desperately needed, one who has a goalscoring record. The back 3 looks very inexperienced tonight with no Bennett and Naughton.

Think Martin has to roll the dice at half time and bring Piroe on for Fulton.

strikers who score cost a lot

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:43 - Aug 17 with 1565 viewsBadlands

Manning MOM on Saturday shocker tonight.
Stoke deserving their lead imo but still a moany, whiney horrible team.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:45 - Aug 17 with 1536 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:36 - Aug 17 by Oldjack

very poor first 15 ,but we look far better atm, CUTTING EDGE it's not there

TBF Stoke are packing the final third quickly.

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:46 - Aug 17 with 1514 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:22 - Aug 17 by onehunglow

Good decision to bring on Piroe.Martin knows he got the starting line up wrong. Credit to him.

Bit hard on Dhanda who was linking well, whereas Lowe has given the ball away every time he’s touched it. We’re missing players with that individual spark that we’ve had at times in the past:
eg Ayew, Dyer, Routledge, James, Sinclair. It’s all very pedantic. Lots of room for improvement. Lots of room for some incoming quality. Let’s hope we have some undiscovered game-changing talent waiting in the wings. Now that would be nice…😁
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:46 - Aug 17 with 1501 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:37 - Aug 17 by onehunglow

The fact we have had not one shot at goal whilst at home must ask questions regardless of what players we have.

Right now, we look dire and nobody can deny that.

We are simply living in hope . Quite why we cannot get seasoned pros at the club with a solid,experienced manager who knows the game baffles me.

The players we need to play this Barca footy are beyond our wagebill and we need to accept that.

Like Mick McCarthy or Neil Warnock. Not for me I'm afraid.

I'm happy to give it 10 games which will see the window shut and time to gel. Let's see where we are then.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:48 - Aug 17 with 1476 viewsBadlands

Bennett is no better than Cabango and Cooper but as a CB he would have to start ahead of Bennett.
Anyway back to the game.

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:50 - Aug 17 with 1431 viewsHeadmaster

Has SwansTV gone off for anyone else?

Paid 10 quid to watch the game, then it stopped broadcasting just before 2nd half and the 'watch live' button takes me to the page to buy the streaming pass again!?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 20:53]
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 20:52 - Aug 17 with 1414 viewsBenJ94

Swans TV not working for me for second half! Anyone else having problems?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024