Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? 14:25 - Jun 17 with 9893 viewsStatzdale

Has anyone any ideas who they would like to see replace Bobby Grant.

I would not mind seeing Jason Walker released by York and currently unattatched
Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 19:44 - Jun 17 with 1779 viewsolympicdale

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 19:15 - Jun 17 by AtThePeake

Personally think we needed a striker regardless of this, due to the fact that Grant played out wide for the majority of the time that Hill was here, I now think w'll need a winger too. Preferably one that is comfortable in a variety of formations, as I think that Hill is looking for versatile players particularly across the front 4, in order to effectively use 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, or 4-3-3.

We only really have one out and out centre forward in Donnelly at this moment, I'm sure players like Hogan/Hendo can play that role if needed, but we need an experienced CF to keep Donnelly on his toes. We appear to have a lack of proper out and out wide men, Vicenti aside, If JK stays I would like to see Tutte given a role out wide as a trial.

Life is a game of fate.

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 19:54 - Jun 17 with 1762 viewsAtThePeake

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 19:44 - Jun 17 by olympicdale

We only really have one out and out centre forward in Donnelly at this moment, I'm sure players like Hogan/Hendo can play that role if needed, but we need an experienced CF to keep Donnelly on his toes. We appear to have a lack of proper out and out wide men, Vicenti aside, If JK stays I would like to see Tutte given a role out wide as a trial.

Think Hendo's best position is out wide. Not seen enough of Hogan or Vincenti to comment but from what I can gather they can play a variety of positions going forward.

Tangled up in blue.

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:01 - Jun 17 with 1747 viewsWhiteyBFC

Would love to see Keith borrow Danny Rose off us.

If we sign the boy Jennings (looks nailed on now) and COGba arrives as expected, I don't see young Danny getting much game time with Daggers and Scotland also ahead of him.

Scored a couple of really crucial goals for Flicker last term off the bench. He certainly needs to bulk up a little, but despite his size he's no soft touch. Ask Danny Shittu and Jason Shackell...

Would fancy him to get 20 goals if regularly starting at that level, and he's already a better player than Grant who I can't say seems the type of player Keith associates himself with. Rank bad attitude and King Keith? Nope.
Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:04 - Jun 17 with 1734 views442Dale

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 19:44 - Jun 17 by olympicdale

Trial? He's played there before under Hill; on loan and last season. Don't think the player enjoys it as much but tough, he cannbe very effective out there and us an excellent crosser.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:06 - Jun 17 with 1731 viewsolympicdale

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 19:54 - Jun 17 by AtThePeake

Think Hendo's best position is out wide. Not seen enough of Hogan or Vincenti to comment but from what I can gather they can play a variety of positions going forward.

No doubt, but he was very effective as a front man for Colchester when played there. I think a lot of our midfield can alternate between central/wide/up front, that is going to be a big plus in a long hard season.

Life is a game of fate.

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:07 - Jun 17 with 1729 viewsAtThePeake

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:04 - Jun 17 by 442Dale

Trial? He's played there before under Hill; on loan and last season. Don't think the player enjoys it as much but tough, he cannbe very effective out there and us an excellent crosser.

Not sure about that. I see Tutte developing into an excellent box to box midfielder ala Jonah, based on what I saw in the opening stages of last season.

Tangled up in blue.

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:08 - Jun 17 with 1722 views442Dale

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:07 - Jun 17 by AtThePeake

Not sure about that. I see Tutte developing into an excellent box to box midfielder ala Jonah, based on what I saw in the opening stages of last season.

Undoubtedly, but he can play the wide role to good effect and doesn't need to be tried out there.

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:19 - Jun 17 with 1704 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Grant has caused grief everywhere he has been so in fairness if we get money he can sod off and take his issues elsewhere - Reece should be fit next year and with Hendo and I dare say a couple of signings we wont miss him - 1 less Coleman player!!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:22 - Jun 17 with 1694 viewsSalwaDale

Agree with a lot of this.

I'm expecting us to play GD up front with an ever rotating three behind, two out wide but interchanging as Hill used previously.

TBBT

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:39 - Jun 17 with 1663 viewsboromat

Even if Bobby leaves I wouldn't be bothered if we started the season without replacing him as long as we get one more central defender, I'll be happy.

Donnelly, Henderson, Abadaki, Bunney, Gray and Hogan can all play up top with Tutte and Vincenti capable of playing behind a front striker and we don't know much about Hery and whether he plays further forward.

I think we had too much money tied up in strikers that sat on the bench last year. This year looks much more well balanced and I'm very excited by all the young players being given a chance.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:48 - Jun 17 with 1643 viewsChaffRAFC

But, if Grant goes, we'll have lost/got rid of 4 goalscorers that collectively scored us 39 goals and we haven't replaced any of them yet.

That worries me and is why I think bringing in at least one, probably two strikers is essential. By all means give George the baton and put your faith in him but he's gonna need assistance.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:49 - Jun 17 with 1641 viewsTVOS1907

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:06 - Jun 17 by olympicdale

No doubt, but he was very effective as a front man for Colchester when played there. I think a lot of our midfield can alternate between central/wide/up front, that is going to be a big plus in a long hard season.

Are you going off his appearances for Colchester against Dale?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:49 - Jun 17 with 1636 viewssweetcorn

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:01 - Jun 17 by WhiteyBFC

Would love to see Keith borrow Danny Rose off us.

If we sign the boy Jennings (looks nailed on now) and COGba arrives as expected, I don't see young Danny getting much game time with Daggers and Scotland also ahead of him.

Scored a couple of really crucial goals for Flicker last term off the bench. He certainly needs to bulk up a little, but despite his size he's no soft touch. Ask Danny Shittu and Jason Shackell...

Would fancy him to get 20 goals if regularly starting at that level, and he's already a better player than Grant who I can't say seems the type of player Keith associates himself with. Rank bad attitude and King Keith? Nope.

So how many times have you seen grant to form that opinion.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 21:21 - Jun 17 with 1573 viewsTalkingSutty

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:48 - Jun 17 by ChaffRAFC

But, if Grant goes, we'll have lost/got rid of 4 goalscorers that collectively scored us 39 goals and we haven't replaced any of them yet.

That worries me and is why I think bringing in at least one, probably two strikers is essential. By all means give George the baton and put your faith in him but he's gonna need assistance.

Spot on, George upped his game under Hilly but i still dont trust him to become a consistant goalscorer (Hope he proves me wrong).

The kids are unproven and not fully developed for the rigours of league football week in week out, so the obvious conclusion is that we are going to require a replacement.

I wonder if Henderson could be played in a more central/striker position ?
Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 21:24 - Jun 17 with 1565 viewsR442D

Hill suggested in his interview he has replacements in mind.

But also says until Bobby leaves, he's very much in his plans.

Donnelly, Bunny and Godwin also important to give a chance too.

Says that he really likes Donnelly, shows passion and determination.

But Done would be a great shout, great winger could help give Donnelly or the other front men a good ball to finish.
Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 21:34 - Jun 17 with 1470 viewsStAnnesDale

Done's best games have always come as an attacking midfielder running into space or taking people on centrally. Seemed very one dimensional as a winger.

Tutte can play out wide. He is forced to go forward rather than square and is effective. He can cross a ball and his acceleration over a few yards gets him past the full back. However as others have said he obviously does not like playing wide and nearly always drifts back to a central position removing any balance.

Knowing Hill any replacement will probably be unknown to the majority of us which is no bad thing. Hardly anyone had heard of Holt, Murray, O'Grady before they signed.
Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 21:45 - Jun 17 with 1450 viewsTVOS1907

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 21:34 - Jun 17 by StAnnesDale

Done's best games have always come as an attacking midfielder running into space or taking people on centrally. Seemed very one dimensional as a winger.

Tutte can play out wide. He is forced to go forward rather than square and is effective. He can cross a ball and his acceleration over a few yards gets him past the full back. However as others have said he obviously does not like playing wide and nearly always drifts back to a central position removing any balance.

Knowing Hill any replacement will probably be unknown to the majority of us which is no bad thing. Hardly anyone had heard of Holt, Murray, O'Grady before they signed.

Hill only signed one of them!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 21:46 - Jun 17 with 1447 views442Dale

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 21:24 - Jun 17 by R442D

Hill suggested in his interview he has replacements in mind.

But also says until Bobby leaves, he's very much in his plans.

Donnelly, Bunny and Godwin also important to give a chance too.

Says that he really likes Donnelly, shows passion and determination.

But Done would be a great shout, great winger could help give Donnelly or the other front men a good ball to finish.

Hill's comments about Abadaki being forgotten about a bit over at Huddersfield seemed a bit strange. Surely their youth development department could and should be providing us with a report of how he was doing, if only for the player's sake?

Having now listened to Hill's comments about Donnelly, it's obvious he is fully aware of where the issues lie surrounding getting the most out of him. It's certainly ball in Donnelly's court.

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 21:46 - Jun 17 with 1445 viewsolympicdale

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:04 - Jun 17 by 442Dale

The only times I remember him playing out wide he was always looking to move infield, but I would much prefer to have him stick to a wide role for next season.

Life is a game of fate.

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 21:49 - Jun 17 with 1439 views442Dale

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 21:46 - Jun 17 by olympicdale

The only times I remember him playing out wide he was always looking to move infield, but I would much prefer to have him stick to a wide role for next season.

His whole spell on loan saw him play the wide right role, to great effect at Birmingham in the cup actually. When used there last year in a 4-4-2 he did indeed wander more.

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 21:56 - Jun 17 with 1417 viewsDaley_Lama

David Perkins played well out wide once (Chesterfield A) but he's about as much a wide man as Tutte is. None, unless you really have to play him there.

We're going to total football L2 to death anyway this year, 4-5-1 with Reece Gray as the one up top.

Grant would have been the David Villa of the team but not to worry, Pedro Kav will step up to the plate.

Poll: DF in or out

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 21:56 - Jun 17 with 1415 viewsolympicdale

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 21:49 - Jun 17 by 442Dale

His whole spell on loan saw him play the wide right role, to great effect at Birmingham in the cup actually. When used there last year in a 4-4-2 he did indeed wander more.

In fairness I dont remember much about his initial loan spell, my thought was based purely on last season where he did tend to drift in from wide, but has pace and trickery much suited to a winger.

Life is a game of fate.

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 21:59 - Jun 17 with 1406 viewsolympicdale

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 20:49 - Jun 17 by TVOS1907

Are you going off his appearances for Colchester against Dale?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

No, it was in the 2010/11 season when he was strongly linked to Ipswich, I had subscribed to Dale player already so I kept an eye on him on Colchesters player. I think he finished their top scorer that year.

Life is a game of fate.

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 22:01 - Jun 17 with 1405 views442Dale

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 21:56 - Jun 17 by Daley_Lama

David Perkins played well out wide once (Chesterfield A) but he's about as much a wide man as Tutte is. None, unless you really have to play him there.

We're going to total football L2 to death anyway this year, 4-5-1 with Reece Gray as the one up top.

Grant would have been the David Villa of the team but not to worry, Pedro Kav will step up to the plate.

Perkins had a run of 4/5 games at that time out wide and was very effective switching wings with Higginbotham. Tutte's ability to cross on the run makes him a useful alternative out there.

Who to replace Bobby Grant ?? on 22:11 - Jun 17 with 1382 viewsDaley_Lama

Fair enough, if our 6 wide men are all injured, Tutte can play out wide.

Tutte wasn't effective out wide last season. Nobody was, to be fair, we were slipping towards relegation until Henderson and Rose arrived

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024