Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Got Back! 18:13 - Oct 6 with 4677 viewsR17ALE

From our 4th consecutive away win. So you can't grumble about that, but it was far from convincing. Accy missed a sitter in the final minute so will probably feel aggrieved to have not snatched a point.

The only change to the line up was Grimes in for the suspended Grant, and he had a reasonable game.

We kicked off and just 25 seconds in, a George Donnelly rocket put us 1-0 up. It was a shot that cannoned in off the cross bar and I always think that shots that go in off the woodwork look more spectacular. It was a very similar goal to Jason Peake's first v Rotherham in our 1995 cup tie for those who remember.

It also left me with egg on my face as I'd just been explaining to a friend that Donnelly's game was akin to trying to have a piss through a hard on, in as much as it takes plenty of effort, yet you can never be sure where it's going to end up.

The second goal arrived on around the half hour mark when their number 5, who was so spectacularly bad, I overheard one fan describe him, "of less use than Anne Franke's drum kit!" Dele got away down the left and held off the No. 5 wriggling clear and advancing into the box along the touchline when the gormless right back slid in, up ending the Dale target man Definite penalty.

Grimes 2-0. We spurned a host of other opportunities, before a slip by Rafferty allowed their left winger to advance, before sliding over a cross to an unmarked player in the box. 2-1.

Half time should have seen us out of sight, but at 2-1, the door was still ajar for the home side.

The second half began and was still in its infancy when Lillis dropped the biggest clanger I've ever seen a Dale goalie make. A long range shot was heading straight for him and bizarrely he made out to punch the ball. But, he got his hands in the wrong position and the ball flicked off the back of his right hand, looped up, and in slow motion bounced over the line.

The stricken keeper sank to the floor in embarrassment, but I was pleased to note the spirit that exists in the camp, epitomised by Bennett rushing over to comfort the keeper, and get him back on his feet. He did make an excellent save too 5 minutes later as the home side were well on top, and were looking favourites to win at this stage.

The incisive football we'd witnessed in the first half, was suddenly replaced in the second half by a dose of Steve Eyre football as everyone looked clueless with possession squandered far too cheaply. The biggest culprit was Jk, and I pointed this out to my friend saying he was having a shocker.

Cue the little rascal then sweetly driving home from 18 yards with as sweeter struck, left foot shot as you will ever see, leaving me to wipe another dollop of egg from my face.

We held on - just. They missed a sitter and the 3 points were ours.

My marks for what they are worth are:

Lillis 4 - it has to be. But for the error it'd have been his usual 7.
Rafferty 6 - as above really.
McIntyre 5 - I thought he was quite poor today. There are times when I think he's an excellent player and other times when I can't see how he's a footballer at all. It's either brilliant or rubbish - nothing in between.
Bennett 8 - I wasn't convinced by him pre-season, but each time I see him play, I'm more impressed. Very good on the deck for a big defender.
Edwards R 6 - Didn't really notice him much to be honest.
Edwards P 6 - Offers a screen to protect the back four but we still conceded twice. His passing isn't the crispest either.
Jk 6 - was poor until scoring a stunning winner.
Tutte 6 - Subdued outing for the impressive midfielder.
Donnelly 6 - great goal, great enthusiasm, but a lack of precision in other parts of his play.
Dele 8 - My MOM. I know he's slow and has limitations, but the touch, vision and awareness are all still there. They simply had no answer to him today.
Grimes 7 - very busy and feeds well off Dele.

And so we sit in the play off zone again eagerly awaiting next Saturday's East Lancs Derby fixture v Morecambe.

Finally a word for the tinpottery of the Ultras. I've never really bought into the "Ultra" stuff as it is imitating other fans. Well, they capped it all off today pinching Sheff Utd and FCUM anthems, passing them off as their own. Be original for God's sake!!

Away following 1018
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Just Got Back! on 18:19 - Oct 6 with 3241 viewsClivert

When was the last time we recorded 4 away wins on the spin?

We reckon at the start of the 99/00 season under Parkin?
Just Got Back! on 18:20 - Oct 6 with 3233 viewsR17ALE

Just Got Back! on 18:19 - Oct 6 by Clivert

When was the last time we recorded 4 away wins on the spin?

We reckon at the start of the 99/00 season under Parkin?

2007-08 I think Tvos said, walking away afterwards!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Just Got Back! on 18:25 - Oct 6 with 3198 views442Dale

Wycombe, MKDons, Chesterfield, Chester ( maybe not in that order!) in the Wembley season. They followed a draw at Macc, before which we'd won at Accrington, Rotherham and Wrexham.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just Got Back! on 18:30 - Oct 6 with 3152 viewsphomem

Just Got Back! on 18:25 - Oct 6 by 442Dale

Wycombe, MKDons, Chesterfield, Chester ( maybe not in that order!) in the Wembley season. They followed a draw at Macc, before which we'd won at Accrington, Rotherham and Wrexham.

Promotion season brnemth dag Bradford lincoln
Just Got Back! on 18:31 - Oct 6 with 3146 viewsClivert

Cheers fellas!

We broke that many club records under Hill I always forget about them all.
Just Got Back! on 18:31 - Oct 6 with 3140 views442Dale

Also on the Ultras, for all the plaudits they get for being so fantastically ace, it needs noting that singing about the recent sex abuse cases in Rochdale is neither big nor clever.
Is it really that much different to the whole Hillsborough/Munich thing that surrounded the Liverpool-Man U game recently?

Just Got Back! on 18:46 - Oct 6 with 3049 viewsphomem

Our next away game is in Devon though!
Just Got Back! on 19:02 - Oct 6 with 2950 viewsMoonyDale

"Anne Franke's drum kit" surely the funniest quote ever seen on this forum. Pure quality.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

Just Got Back! on 19:42 - Oct 6 with 2793 viewsolympicdale

I may be in the minority, but I thought Curran had a decent game, ran the line well, and set up JK's goal, been terrible all the other times i've seen him, but did okay today I thought, Adebola was still going as strong all game until he was subbed, has a fantastic touch to boot, worked his knackers off.

Life is a game of fate.

Just Got Back! on 20:04 - Oct 6 with 2716 viewsShun

Dele's best game today for me, with his 2 partners impressing also to the point where I don't think we missed Grant too much.

Their number 5 is easily the worst player I've seen all season.
Just Got Back! on 20:05 - Oct 6 with 2696 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Important for all the scorers today......they all needed one.
Just Got Back! on 20:22 - Oct 6 with 2621 viewsboromat

I was surprised to see both Donnelly and Grimes go off so early. I agree that Curran wasn't as bad as most people are saying. Defensively he was brilliant, he worked hard and made some good passes that were part of some of our better play in the second half. Just unfortunate his crossing was awful and the chances he got weren't even half chances.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Just Got Back! on 20:41 - Oct 6 with 2554 views442Dale

Just Got Back! on 20:04 - Oct 6 by Shun

Dele's best game today for me, with his 2 partners impressing also to the point where I don't think we missed Grant too much.

Their number 5 is easily the worst player I've seen all season.

Some of the comments heard about Adebola today were ridiculous. One asking why he wasn't being subbed... after about half an hour.

Just Got Back! on 20:53 - Oct 6 with 2506 viewsphomem

Just Got Back! on 20:41 - Oct 6 by 442Dale

Some of the comments heard about Adebola today were ridiculous. One asking why he wasn't being subbed... after about half an hour.

FrI'm what I've seen this season if dele plays well dale play well
Just Got Back! on 21:13 - Oct 6 with 2448 viewsolympicdale

Just Got Back! on 20:53 - Oct 6 by phomem

FrI'm what I've seen this season if dele plays well dale play well

Dele is our only real outlet, in regards to keeping the ball stuck up field, and he does it brilliantly, the greatest fear is injury/suspension, we would really struggle in that respect.

Life is a game of fate.

Just Got Back! on 21:18 - Oct 6 with 2429 viewsdalebolt

Didn't hear any of those coments about Dele today. Think we always look more threatening with him on the pitch with his touch and hold up play. Couldn't fault him today again.
As for the Lillis blunder it span dipped and swerved, was right in line with it - hope the TV shows that tonight.
Bennett looks a quality player that is growing in confidence to go with his undoubted ability - good season ahead for the lad.
Just Got Back! on 21:28 - Oct 6 with 2385 viewsBingoballs

Just Got Back! on 21:18 - Oct 6 by dalebolt

Didn't hear any of those coments about Dele today. Think we always look more threatening with him on the pitch with his touch and hold up play. Couldn't fault him today again.
As for the Lillis blunder it span dipped and swerved, was right in line with it - hope the TV shows that tonight.
Bennett looks a quality player that is growing in confidence to go with his undoubted ability - good season ahead for the lad.

Surely if it spun, dipped and swerved he'd have been better to have got his body behind the ball and tried to catch it rather than punch it, i agree about Bennett he looks a fantastic prospect.
Just Got Back! on 21:33 - Oct 6 with 2363 viewsroccydaleian

As Razzle says, the Lillis fumble was a reet clanger which will probably shown on Soccer A.M. next Saturday, but he did clap the Dale fans and said said sorry after the final whistle. So fair play to the lad for that.
Just Got Back! on 21:37 - Oct 6 with 2348 views442Dale

Just Got Back! on 21:33 - Oct 6 by roccydaleian

As Razzle says, the Lillis fumble was a reet clanger which will probably shown on Soccer A.M. next Saturday, but he did clap the Dale fans and said said sorry after the final whistle. So fair play to the lad for that.

He made two good stops after that too. It's just that one clanger for a keeper is always one too many.

Just Got Back! on 21:49 - Oct 6 with 2311 viewsClivert

Just Got Back! on 21:33 - Oct 6 by roccydaleian

Socceram.

The definitive say on all weekly football matters.
Just Got Back! on 21:59 - Oct 6 with 2277 viewsroccydaleian

Just Got Back! on 21:49 - Oct 6 by Clivert

Socceram.

The definitive say on all weekly football matters.

Taxiiii, for Clivert.
Just Got Back! on 22:07 - Oct 6 with 2252 viewsClivert

Just Got Back! on 21:59 - Oct 6 by roccydaleian

Taxiiii, for Clivert.

Bring back Lovejoy I say.

It was funny in them days.
Just Got Back! on 23:26 - Oct 6 with 2139 viewsolympicdale

Just Got Back! on 21:37 - Oct 6 by 442Dale

He made two good stops after that too. It's just that one clanger for a keeper is always one too many.

plus the brilliant point blank save from an Accy freekick in the first half, great reactions that.

Life is a game of fate.

Just Got Back! on 23:56 - Oct 6 with 2097 viewsTVOS1907

Just Got Back! on 18:30 - Oct 6 by phomem

Promotion season brnemth dag Bradford lincoln

That was the last time we won four consecutive away games in the league; the 3-3 FA Cup draw at Luton was in the middle.

I reckon the last time with four straight away wins was January-February 2009 - Aldershot, Chester, Macclesfield and Darlington.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just Got Back! on 23:57 - Oct 6 with 2096 viewsRoChDaLe

think he was stuck in two minds whether to parry it away or catch it and in the end did nothing

how is anthony elding still in league one?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024