Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? 08:00 - Oct 16 with 5339 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63146/

Sometimes we have to be brave, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 08:37 - Oct 16 with 3687 viewsWhiterockin

Excellent article. This has been coming for months as we have discussed previously, even though some have found it hard to believe. This sort of thing takes time to put in place, hopefully we are close to completion. We now need a swift outcome to look forward and enable the club to progress unlike the slow decline we have had over the last eight years or so. The January window will be vital to our progress, not to mention contracts that need sorting out. Hopefully we will see an outcome before Christmas, otherwise I fear for us later in the season.
Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 09:07 - Oct 16 with 3609 viewsonehunglow

That’s some research
Get it sorted

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 09:39 - Oct 16 with 3541 viewsRichardO

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 08:37 - Oct 16 by Whiterockin

Excellent article. This has been coming for months as we have discussed previously, even though some have found it hard to believe. This sort of thing takes time to put in place, hopefully we are close to completion. We now need a swift outcome to look forward and enable the club to progress unlike the slow decline we have had over the last eight years or so. The January window will be vital to our progress, not to mention contracts that need sorting out. Hopefully we will see an outcome before Christmas, otherwise I fear for us later in the season.

Agree excellent article fingers crossed that it all ends to the benefit of the club as a whole.

As for the contracts being sorted out cannot see them being sort until the end of the season now, a good run may benefit the players looking to secure what they consider to be a good contract, a better run may mean promotion which would leave the club in a better bargain position.

As for the January transfer window wouldn't hold out too much hope given past experience of them.
Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 09:43 - Oct 16 with 3531 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 09:39 - Oct 16 by RichardO

Agree excellent article fingers crossed that it all ends to the benefit of the club as a whole.

As for the contracts being sorted out cannot see them being sort until the end of the season now, a good run may benefit the players looking to secure what they consider to be a good contract, a better run may mean promotion which would leave the club in a better bargain position.

As for the January transfer window wouldn't hold out too much hope given past experience of them.

Personally I think the owners are not willing to commit to new contracts and are waiting for the change. Without a change of direction, January as you say will be exactly the same but with no spending.
Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 09:49 - Oct 16 with 3496 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 09:43 - Oct 16 by Whiterockin

Personally I think the owners are not willing to commit to new contracts and are waiting for the change. Without a change of direction, January as you say will be exactly the same but with no spending.

We are in uncertain waters for sure
We can only hope
Certainly,I wouldn’t trust the current owners in any way

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 10:03 - Oct 16 with 3463 viewsRichardO

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 09:49 - Oct 16 by onehunglow

We can only hope

When you say current owners do you mean the ones who originally bought the club or the new people who have bought into the club of late, as we have been told on numerous occasions the trusts share of the club has been diminished then presumably the previous owners share and control has diminished unless of course the new investors have bought into the Company that Kaplan and Levien control?
Just asking to see if someone can clarify the share holdings of the club.
Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 10:24 - Oct 16 with 3393 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 10:03 - Oct 16 by RichardO

When you say current owners do you mean the ones who originally bought the club or the new people who have bought into the club of late, as we have been told on numerous occasions the trusts share of the club has been diminished then presumably the previous owners share and control has diminished unless of course the new investors have bought into the Company that Kaplan and Levien control?
Just asking to see if someone can clarify the share holdings of the club.

This is the current shareholding completely up to date. There are other shareholders with less than the 10% required to be listed.

Andy Coleman, Stephen Kaplan, Jason Levien & Jake Silverstein (via Swansea Football LLC) - 74.95%

Nigel Morris – 12.59%

Swansea City Supporters Society Ltd – 9.42% (including its protected 5.00% ownership position).
Swanstea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 11:18 - Oct 16 with 3215 viewsRichardO

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 10:24 - Oct 16 by Whiterockin

This is the current shareholding completely up to date. There are other shareholders with less than the 10% required to be listed.

Andy Coleman, Stephen Kaplan, Jason Levien & Jake Silverstein (via Swansea Football LLC) - 74.95%

Nigel Morris – 12.59%

Swansea City Supporters Society Ltd – 9.42% (including its protected 5.00% ownership position).

Thanks. In this instance is it a case of someone wrestling or paying for the controlling interest in Swansea Football LLC and not actually paying the 74.95% value of it?
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 11:28 - Oct 16 with 3158 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 09:49 - Oct 16 by onehunglow

We can only hope

I trust them. They are investing. This is what fans call the " next level" which were never said by anyone as far as I know. The behind the scene work has been excellent and quality players have come in. Franco Eom Ronald and Vigoureax.

Coleman needs to tie down the young hotshots and sell Darling in January.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 11:35 - Oct 16 with 3158 viewsjack247

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 11:28 - Oct 16 by ReslovenSwan1

I trust them. They are investing. This is what fans call the " next level" which were never said by anyone as far as I know. The behind the scene work has been excellent and quality players have come in. Franco Eom Ronald and Vigoureax.

Coleman needs to tie down the young hotshots and sell Darling in January.

From memory, it was said by Huw Jenkins or one of the previous regime. In fairness I don’t think it’s a Levein or Kaplan quote, though it’s sometimes attributed to them.
Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 11:39 - Oct 16 with 3120 viewsjack247

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 08:37 - Oct 16 by Whiterockin

I’m not too confident much will happen in the January window or worried whether it does. We’ve had a decent start and a first team can give most a game. We should be ok this season.

What happens in the summer is vital though. If we lose big players and replace on the cheap, we could start to unravel.

Informative and encouraging article.
Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 12:15 - Oct 16 with 2945 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 11:35 - Oct 16 by jack247

From memory, it was said by Huw Jenkins or one of the previous regime. In fairness I don’t think it’s a Levein or Kaplan quote, though it’s sometimes attributed to them.

Huw Jenkins explained the club needed new investment which the Trust at that time opposed. When Levien and co arrived he explained they had a much greater capacity to raise money from investors which was a level above what they could do.

Fans hearing the word ' new money' translated this into better " next level" football results which is a fake correlation.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swanstea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 12:42 - Oct 16 with 2868 viewsWhiterockin

Swanstea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 11:18 - Oct 16 by RichardO

Thanks. In this instance is it a case of someone wrestling or paying for the controlling interest in Swansea Football LLC and not actually paying the 74.95% value of it?

As I said at the time the question was why did Morris not invest more money at the time of the dilution to maintain his share holding. We can all speculate but I think there were a couple of possible reasons.

He thought that it did not make business sense at that point in time.

He was not happy with the way the club was bring run and was not happy to invest more funds.

He was not concerned with having his shareholding diluted because his medium term plan was invest in a complete restructure.

There may be other reasons, we will find out before long.
Swanstea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 13:01 - Oct 16 with 2803 viewsRichardO

Swanstea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 12:42 - Oct 16 by Whiterockin

As I said at the time the question was why did Morris not invest more money at the time of the dilution to maintain his share holding. We can all speculate but I think there were a couple of possible reasons.

He thought that it did not make business sense at that point in time.

He was not happy with the way the club was bring run and was not happy to invest more funds.

He was not concerned with having his shareholding diluted because his medium term plan was invest in a complete restructure.

There may be other reasons, we will find out before long.

Wasn't it the fact that shares were made available and that would dilute the value of existing shares, I thought Morris brought the shares at a price that would not bec devalued any holding he then acquired then or had he investments before, have I got my timings and understanding of his previous holdings wrong?
Did you mean why didn't he increased his investment to increase his share of the club in the first paragraph?

Agree and happy with the rest of post the sooner things are sorted out the sooner the squad can be dealt with.
Swanstea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 13:15 - Oct 16 with 2779 viewsWhiterockin

Swanstea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 13:01 - Oct 16 by RichardO

Wasn't it the fact that shares were made available and that would dilute the value of existing shares, I thought Morris brought the shares at a price that would not bec devalued any holding he then acquired then or had he investments before, have I got my timings and understanding of his previous holdings wrong?
Did you mean why didn't he increased his investment to increase his share of the club in the first paragraph?

Agree and happy with the rest of post the sooner things are sorted out the sooner the squad can be dealt with.

Morris had his shareholding diluted along with the other shareholders (Trust, MM ect) who didn't buy more shares earlier this year. Their share percentage went down.The LLC bought the shares and their share percentage increased to now just under 75%.
Swanstea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 15:05 - Oct 16 with 2488 viewsRichardO

Swanstea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 13:15 - Oct 16 by Whiterockin

Morris had his shareholding diluted along with the other shareholders (Trust, MM ect) who didn't buy more shares earlier this year. Their share percentage went down.The LLC bought the shares and their share percentage increased to now just under 75%.

Thank for the clarification. I got the who bought the shares and when wrong.
Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 15:39 - Oct 16 with 2399 viewsLuther27

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 09:43 - Oct 16 by Whiterockin

If they think 3 players will wait until the end of the season to renew then I’ll guarantee we’ll be 3 players down.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 17:04 - Oct 16 with 2180 viewsmax936

Interesting read it all looks very promising with these big players looking to get their feet under the table, but my bet is that Levien and Kaplan will hang around like a bad smell for a lot longer yet mainly because the can as they're in the box seat, but with attendances dropping because of what seems evident that there is a reluctance to spend the money needed to improve the squad and not reward the players that are here with better contracts and leaving players who are at the spine of the team run their contracts down and leave, you can understand the despondency shown by fans.

I don't know what's in it for these bigger players though who seem keen to invest yet more money, cause if we did go down it's gonna be really difficult to get back up into the Championship, I've said in the past that I think us being a midtable Championship side is about where we are, as a City and a football club, teams in the Premiership are getting richer and richer and that's transmitting into the Championship with the clubs with their parachute payments.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 17:11 - Oct 16 with 2138 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 17:04 - Oct 16 by max936

Interesting read it all looks very promising with these big players looking to get their feet under the table, but my bet is that Levien and Kaplan will hang around like a bad smell for a lot longer yet mainly because the can as they're in the box seat, but with attendances dropping because of what seems evident that there is a reluctance to spend the money needed to improve the squad and not reward the players that are here with better contracts and leaving players who are at the spine of the team run their contracts down and leave, you can understand the despondency shown by fans.

I don't know what's in it for these bigger players though who seem keen to invest yet more money, cause if we did go down it's gonna be really difficult to get back up into the Championship, I've said in the past that I think us being a midtable Championship side is about where we are, as a City and a football club, teams in the Premiership are getting richer and richer and that's transmitting into the Championship with the clubs with their parachute payments.

Personally I think it is down to someone with inside knowledge knowing that the club is badly run and believing they can do so much better. Time will tell.
Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 17:20 - Oct 16 with 2097 viewsmax936

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 17:11 - Oct 16 by Whiterockin

Personally I think it is down to someone with inside knowledge knowing that the club is badly run and believing they can do so much better. Time will tell.

That's all well and good but forcing Levien and probably more so Kaplan is gonna take some doing they're not going to go without having their pockets filled IMO

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 17:34 - Oct 16 with 2052 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 17:20 - Oct 16 by max936

That's all well and good but forcing Levien and probably more so Kaplan is gonna take some doing they're not going to go without having their pockets filled IMO

A successful businessman knows when to cut and run. If they stay and continue in the same vein they will have to continually put money in just to stay still at best. I believe they are looking for a way out if possible, standard investment would only dilute their holding, if that was their aim why buy shares earlier this year and dilute the shares of others, it makes no sense. Cut and run and write off your loss against tax in the USA.
Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 18:08 - Oct 16 with 1933 viewsEagleEye

Venture capitalists, Hedge funds, Investment bankers, statistical processes or just one big pyramid scheme ?

I have no confidence that theJanuary window will be any different to the last few seasons. Some of our best players are running their contracts down. Does anyone at the club know anything about the day-to-day running & management of a football business ?

The club is in dangerous territory with the current ownership who have no real interest in the local area or its people
Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 18:41 - Oct 16 with 1838 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 17:20 - Oct 16 by max936

This remains and will be the biggest problem.

Look at their history since being here.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 19:06 - Oct 16 with 1765 viewsliamW

Just had some discourse with one of the Twitter few who just can’t leave things alone.

I think the editing and clarity on this report is understandable and easy to understand. Does any of our regulars disagree or agree with this individual.

I thought it was pretty decent without grammar issues. We are always open to feedback, but from what I can see this xxxx has form for this.

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 19:15 - Oct 16 with 1734 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : Will this lead to the end of Levien & Kaplan ? on 19:06 - Oct 16 by liamW

Just had some discourse with one of the Twitter few who just can’t leave things alone.

I think the editing and clarity on this report is understandable and easy to understand. Does any of our regulars disagree or agree with this individual.

I thought it was pretty decent without grammar issues. We are always open to feedback, but from what I can see this xxxx has form for this.

I’ll let you crack on with this.

He is rarely on this site, and has only ever criticised.

File under stupid.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024