Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? 19:08 - May 28 with 5319 viewsReslovenSwan1

This clip was taken from WoL

"Staff show support for Martin
Swansea City staff members travelled to Wembley to show their support to former boss Russell Martin. Martin oversaw a 1-0 win for his Southampton side, a victory that made him a Premier League manager for the first time".

This would absolutely infuriate me if I was Coleman. The club is having to sue him to get fair compensation and he has already taken a number of valued backroom staff. Are there concerns over "split loyalties"?

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 14:19 - May 29 with 1087 viewsonehunglow

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 13:51 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

Apart from the other posts and this.

‘Sick.
We need to cleanse ourselves from him.
Damage caused was significant .IMO.
Corrosive ,divisive,duplicitous.’

Try and be non judgemental on your dislike and look at things coldly and with the facts. Opinions on an individual person cloud the reality of what is happening.

With all due respect Keith…These are my opinions . Most ,if not all opinions,are judgemental. We make decisions by many mens.
You and I did a job where judgement was key .
I know your feelings on the subject
You also know mine

Now then,did you really run those chaps over ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 14:35 - May 29 with 1069 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 14:19 - May 29 by onehunglow

With all due respect Keith…These are my opinions . Most ,if not all opinions,are judgemental. We make decisions by many mens.
You and I did a job where judgement was key .
I know your feelings on the subject
You also know mine

Now then,did you really run those chaps over ?

They are your opinions but they are clouded with dislike at times I’m afraid. However … that’s your choice agreed.

Did I run him over really good 😂 Oh yes. But he’s a soldier of the scene and took it well. Don’t make them like they use to.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 14:53 - May 29 with 1029 viewsQJumpingJack

The Swans staff going to Wembley to support Russ would not usually be an issue but as there is a court case it seems poor judgement at best.

I assume Jake and Russ know each other through Norwich and for Jake to have such detail about our staff makes you wonder how he knew.

It will be interesting to see what Andy and Ken think of this - again I am not sure they would even be aware.
Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 14:56 - May 29 with 1028 viewsonehunglow

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 14:35 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

They are your opinions but they are clouded with dislike at times I’m afraid. However … that’s your choice agreed.

Did I run him over really good 😂 Oh yes. But he’s a soldier of the scene and took it well. Don’t make them like they use to.

That’s ok.
It’s a cloudy life Keith
Being Welsh ,you always feel more comfortable on a cloudy day

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 15:12 - May 29 with 1000 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 14:53 - May 29 by QJumpingJack

The Swans staff going to Wembley to support Russ would not usually be an issue but as there is a court case it seems poor judgement at best.

I assume Jake and Russ know each other through Norwich and for Jake to have such detail about our staff makes you wonder how he knew.

It will be interesting to see what Andy and Ken think of this - again I am not sure they would even be aware.

As I’ve said mate, they knew. As for what you do on your day off, see above. It’s nothing to do with an employer. Coleman had no issues at all.

Keep your staff happy.

Good move from the Chairman.

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 15:19 - May 29 with 975 viewsQJumpingJack

Well lets hope that the next time the Swansea staff are at Wembley it is because the Swans are there and not supporting a rival team ie which thumped us 8-1 last season.
Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 15:21 - May 29 with 975 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 13:31 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

Thing is both have moved from the Swans and achieved.

Martinez at Belgium and now Martin at Southampton.

As did Sousa, Rodgers, Potter and Steve Copper.

The issue with all those previous managers is they used the Swans as a stepping stone or tried to make things better and were ignored. How any club can employ six managers who all went on to better things and not learn from it should tell you that they aren’t the brightest when it comes to decision making.

For me I tend to look at the facts and leave any hostility out of it. As much as I did personally when Martinez left, and as much as I do with Martin. Too much dislike and hate in your every day life isn’t good for anyone personally.( not saying you do)

Something I tend to do and have done most of my adult life is look at the detail from the other side, evaluate their position based on what you know, not what you think. Which is why Resloven will come unstuck if he continues to state Martin walked out on Swansea with only part compensation. Before that was announced on here the trend was to believe there was no money paid at all, we printed on numerous occasions that wasn’t the case. . Putting aside the reasons why Martin and the club parted company, he joined Southampton believing they were then a Championship club they paid the settlement fee for that.

Suing Russell Martin won’t work in the long run, there will be an out of court settlement now Southampton have been promoted. And in fact I would say the only people who will lose money will be Swansea City by taking this action, however it seems to have brought the issue to the forefront.

There’s not a lot to see here.

It was Southampton intention to appoint Martin promptly while playing in the PL. It seems everything was agreed. Then they got intel on the compensation agreement and backed off.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65652047

Football clubs are trading firms and intelligence on a number of aspects is very sensitive. Swansea employees accepting hospitality off other clubs or other clubs staff seem to me to be not healthy.

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 15:23 - May 29 with 965 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 15:21 - May 29 by ReslovenSwan1

It was Southampton intention to appoint Martin promptly while playing in the PL. It seems everything was agreed. Then they got intel on the compensation agreement and backed off.

Football clubs are trading firms and intelligence on a number of aspects is very sensitive. Swansea employees accepting hospitality off other clubs or other clubs staff seem to me to be not healthy.

None of that is in dispute.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 16:05 - May 29 with 913 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 13:46 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

I will put the people who went to Wembley in to context as well. The club knew, it was a day off and no employer has the right in law to dictate what they can and cannot do. There again is not a lot to this. On your day off you are allowed to go to any sporting event. The tickets came from Martin’s allocation and he is entitled to do what he likes with them

Tell your boss that when you are having a day off to go fishing and they say no you can’t! Or going to the olympics or any sporting pastime. Martin is no longer the Swans head coach. He can as anyone can do what he and they like. There’s no connection between him and the club anymore.

Someone mentioned who paid for the bus ? Who knows but it wasn’t Swansea City.

Anyone who still thinks freedom of your decisions when you are not in work is wrong, need to step back from their opinion and look at the facts. Nothing Martin will ever do will be excused by any of those who didn’t rate him. What he did at the club deserved an opinion, what he does now is of no consequence. Not some of the comments that continue to drag up stuff from a year ago or more, look at things impartially, and remove the hate.

I didn't rate Martin and this thing doesn't bother me at all!

Martin is gone. Good luck Russell. I think you'll need some.
Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 18:01 - May 29 with 831 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 16:05 - May 29 by SullutaCreturned

I didn't rate Martin and this thing doesn't bother me at all!

Martin is gone. Good luck Russell. I think you'll need some.

League one to premier league, not bad.
But you are right, it’s ok to to talk about it, but the abuse at times is pretty shocking.

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 18:06 - May 29 with 824 viewstheloneranger

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 15:21 - May 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Intel??

I'm sure Russell Martin had copies of the contract he'd signed.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 18:30 - May 29 with 801 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 18:06 - May 29 by theloneranger

Intel??

I'm sure Russell Martin had copies of the contract he'd signed.

Southampton did not know and as it the BBC post given above they were keen to proceed as a Premier league club. They were advised to delay completion for a week or two.

Swansea will argue he was de facto no longer working for them at the time of the BBC report and SFC were spinning out the process having agreed a deal.

Of great concern is Swansea staffers reporting confidential information to a rival team. For example player contracts and buy out clauses.

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 18:32 - May 29 with 787 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 18:30 - May 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Southampton did not know and as it the BBC post given above they were keen to proceed as a Premier league club. They were advised to delay completion for a week or two.

Swansea will argue he was de facto no longer working for them at the time of the BBC report and SFC were spinning out the process having agreed a deal.

Of great concern is Swansea staffers reporting confidential information to a rival team. For example player contracts and buy out clauses.

And you don't think the players agents will pass that information on.
Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 19:32 - May 29 with 717 viewsjack247

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 18:32 - May 29 by Whiterockin

Plus we don’t have anyone a premier league club would be rushing to sign.

As an overall view though, I get what employees do in their own time is their own business, but in this example, they went to support a team who would take a massive chunk out of our summer budget by winning and a man who is currently subject to legal action by our club.

Technically they’ve done nothing wrong, but however good a guy he may be, I think a bit of discretion and respect for our club could have been employed here. Just my opinion though.
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:59 - May 29 with 693 viewsjack247

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 18:32 - May 29 by Whiterockin

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 20:12 - May 29 with 676 viewsQJumpingJack

I could understand Luke being there to support his friend.

But 20 seems so excessive. How many staff (non-players) do we have at the club.
And that cost alone would be close to £2,000 - perhaps RM footed the bill?
Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 20:13 - May 29 with 671 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 20:12 - May 29 by QJumpingJack

As stated he had tickets from his own allocation.

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 20:41 - May 29 with 613 viewspencoedjack

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 20:12 - May 29 by QJumpingJack

I think it’s very poor judgement of those members of staff especially Williams.

Some people of Swansea seem to be obsessed with Russell Martin

A nothing manager whose only achievement was beating a shite Cardiff side4 times.
Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 20:43 - May 29 with 612 viewsReslovenSwan1

In information collection multiple sources are useful as it a can be corroborated to give increased confidence. Agents are not the most trustworthy of people from what I understand.

All the 20 in my view if decent people "owe Martin a favour". That is why companies have a hospitality budget.
[Post edited 29 May 20:44]

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 09:23 - May 30 with 491 viewsonehunglow

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 20:41 - May 29 by pencoedjack

I think it’s very poor judgement of those members of staff especially Williams.

Some people of Swansea seem to be obsessed with Russell Martin

A nothing manager whose only achievement was beating a shite Cardiff side4 times.

I might have posted similar but you ain’t seen me ,right .

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 09:58 - May 30 with 459 viewsbuilthjack

Get a life people.
Your hatred for Martin is clouding your judgement.
Anyone can do what they want in their own time.
But it seems they can't according to you Martin haters.
Sad.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 10:13 - May 30 with 451 viewsonehunglow

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 09:58 - May 30 by builthjack

Get a life people.
Sad.

And can vote as they want too!

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 10:56 - May 30 with 415 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 10:13 - May 30 by onehunglow

And can vote as they want too!

Wrong thread. You need to go to the General Election one.
Glad to be of help.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 10:57 - May 30 with 414 viewsonehunglow

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 10:56 - May 30 by builthjack

Wrong thread. You need to go to the General Election one.
Glad to be of help.

Thanks Ken.
One can but only try.
I’m off down the beach now

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 18:36 - May 30 with 321 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea staffers supporting Russ. Is this healthy? on 09:58 - May 30 by builthjack

Get a life people.
Sad.

As far as Coleman is concerned he owes Swansea city £1m.

He is also known to be interested in player like Nathan Wood and perhaps one or two of Swansea's 15-16 year olds. He is not allowed to speak to them directly.

He has lavished hospitality on a large number of Swansea's shop floor workers who all now owe him a favour.

There is nothing to suggest he has done anything wrong. Eating crisps and Coca Cola every day is not illegal but as the OP says, "Is it healthy" and in Swansea city's best interests?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024