Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained/Released List 2021/22 17:04 - May 9 with 10416 viewsjs2006

OUT OF CONTRACT PLAYERS TO BE OFFERED NEW DEALS

Max Clark
Stephen Dooley
Eoghan O’Connell
Corey O’Keeffe
Jordan Scanlon
Peter Thomas

OUT OF CONTRACT PLAYERS LEAVING THE CLUB

Joel Coleman
Matty Done
Joe Dunne
Jay Lynch
Alex Newby
Brad Wade

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/may/retainedreleasedlist_21-22/
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 21:13 - May 9 with 4047 viewsShun

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 20:36 - May 9 by jonahwhereru

I was expecting a big clear out, but in reality given the existing contracts that was never an option.

Could O’Connell stay? If he was reading this site a few weeks ago , then no. However I may be alone in this but I think he likes this club. He is our highest paid player and I think it’s 30/70 he stays.
Surprised by O’Keeffe tbh due to his defensive frailties. I think he might struggle to get a better deal.
Dooley - think there are better recyclers than him, but I can live with him getting another year, provided the wage thief comments don’t start up again. Think Scanlon will sign, and Thomas May become another Hoti, where we only get a payment for developing him, but who knows.
Wade was the most curious bit of business I can remember. A three year deal had me thinking he must be another Bywater, but it’s bye bye without ever getting a chance. Think Lynch could be back before the new season, like Wiseman. However happy enough to have another loanee and Kelly..
The fall of Newby is telling. A frequent starter under BBM in L1, but found out by Stockdale and on his way. I could see him being given a chance by another league club.
Matty Done - thank you for the benefits you have bought to this club. Very rare for us to sell a player twice. He would player anywhere you asked him, and god knows even if several managers didn’t that he was no left back. Very rarely injured and always committed to the cause. Good luck.
Now the silly season starts. How many players will the media link us to. I hope the next recruits are more Ball than Graham.

Bloody hell, I forgot all about Graham. Thanks for reminding me.
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 22:47 - May 9 with 3814 viewsIOMDale

I honestly think Newby’s fate was sealed when he bottled that header down at Crawley.
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 07:34 - May 10 with 3525 viewsisitme

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 22:47 - May 9 by IOMDale

I honestly think Newby’s fate was sealed when he bottled that header down at Crawley.

Newby is a bit of shame really as there is a decent player in there. The past two seasons he has started well, but then his performances have faded away. He does not seem to have the drive to put the graft in on a consistent basis. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 08:53 - May 10 with 3395 viewselectricblue

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 07:34 - May 10 by isitme

Newby is a bit of shame really as there is a decent player in there. The past two seasons he has started well, but then his performances have faded away. He does not seem to have the drive to put the graft in on a consistent basis. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Newby isnt consistant enough for league football.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 09:27 - May 10 with 3298 viewsKnavesmireBob

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 20:36 - May 9 by jonahwhereru

I was expecting a big clear out, but in reality given the existing contracts that was never an option.

Could O’Connell stay? If he was reading this site a few weeks ago , then no. However I may be alone in this but I think he likes this club. He is our highest paid player and I think it’s 30/70 he stays.
Surprised by O’Keeffe tbh due to his defensive frailties. I think he might struggle to get a better deal.
Dooley - think there are better recyclers than him, but I can live with him getting another year, provided the wage thief comments don’t start up again. Think Scanlon will sign, and Thomas May become another Hoti, where we only get a payment for developing him, but who knows.
Wade was the most curious bit of business I can remember. A three year deal had me thinking he must be another Bywater, but it’s bye bye without ever getting a chance. Think Lynch could be back before the new season, like Wiseman. However happy enough to have another loanee and Kelly..
The fall of Newby is telling. A frequent starter under BBM in L1, but found out by Stockdale and on his way. I could see him being given a chance by another league club.
Matty Done - thank you for the benefits you have bought to this club. Very rare for us to sell a player twice. He would player anywhere you asked him, and god knows even if several managers didn’t that he was no left back. Very rarely injured and always committed to the cause. Good luck.
Now the silly season starts. How many players will the media link us to. I hope the next recruits are more Ball than Graham.

I agree with you about EOC liking the club. I remember his interview after signing last season where he talked about being settled and happy here (appreciate that was before BBM left). Maybe wrong but he's always struck me as someone who's life motivations are more intrinsic than what league he plays in or how much he earns.

He's copped a bit for not having the most diplomatic and tactful way of encouraging others when they make mistakes, but I can live with that. I just think he has high standards and hates to lose.

I get the impression he needs a gaffer and a team culture he can really buy into and feel inspired by, and hopefully in recent weeks he's seen more of that coming to life. If he moves on to a better offer elsewhere then fair play to him, he owes us nowt, but I think he's a gem of a player and would absolutely love him to stay.
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 11:03 - May 10 with 3149 viewsAtThePeake

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 17:21 - May 9 by isitme

I understand your thinking, but why pay a senior keeper to sit on the bench? Kelly can do that. If there is an injury/suspension you can always bring in an emergency loan keeper.

It will be interesting how many of those offered contracts sign them.

I see your point, but the emergency loanee rules are complicated.

You can only sign an emergency loanee if 'all professional goalkeepers' at the club are injured (in this instance professional means a player who has played 5 or more first-team games) and for an initial seven day period. You also can't sign emergency loanees from Premier League clubs.

While from my understanding of the rules I can't see anything specifically stating it wouldn't be allowed, I think if we tried to extend a seven day emergency loan 5 or 6 times due to one injury, the EFL wouldn't be too happy with that. If we were to sign just one keeper, and that keeper was to get a season-ending injury a day after the transfer window ended, it would be very risky to assume we could keep getting emergency loanees approved all the way through to January. Plus you have the potential problem of your only senior goalkeeper suffering a really bad loss of form and the only option being to throw Kelly in and hope for the best.

Unless Kelly is very highly-rated, I'd be stunned if we don't sign 2 keepers, at least one I would imagine on a season-long loan.

Tangled up in blue.

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 11:06 - May 10 with 3143 viewsBucketBstard

Three extra to go should be Max Clarke, McNumpty and Dooley.
All 3 not good enough for League football . They add nothing to the game.
Also hope we dont see too much of McNumpty, Graham and Max Taylor in defence. Three shockers there. Just cannot see them improving.
Taylor and Graham can prove me wrong , but sorry McNumpty should of gone long ago.
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 11:19 - May 10 with 3108 viewsD_Alien

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 11:06 - May 10 by BucketBstard

Also hope we dont see too much of McNumpty, Graham and Max Taylor in defence. Three shockers there. Just cannot see them improving.
Taylor and Graham can prove me wrong , but sorry McNumpty should of gone long ago.

Taylor has shown signs of significant progress after his return from injury, a good prospect. The fact you can't see the improvement tells us all we need to know (as if we didn't already)

And its "...should HAVE gone..." (should've). McNulty helped us see out the season when others were injured, and remains a valuable member of the squad. Not every player is going to be first choice and having experienced cover like Big Jim is essential

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 11:33 - May 10 with 3039 viewscumbria_dale

I saw and heard enough in that 10minute interview with Jim a few weeks back to explain exactly why we need him around the club - player, coach, whatever.
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 11:47 - May 10 with 2994 viewselectricblue

Give Graham the benefit i admit and i bet he will that his first season as not gone as planned and this could be down to the injury and lack of confidence.....

A good preseason in him may prove to be why RS signed him.......

If not he could be sold of let go on free.

Did he play many loan games...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 11:52 - May 10 with 2974 viewsAtThePeake

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 11:47 - May 10 by electricblue

Give Graham the benefit i admit and i bet he will that his first season as not gone as planned and this could be down to the injury and lack of confidence.....

A good preseason in him may prove to be why RS signed him.......

If not he could be sold of let go on free.

Did he play many loan games...

Played 4 games for Notts.

Tangled up in blue.

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 12:13 - May 10 with 2908 viewsJames1980

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 11:52 - May 10 by AtThePeake

Played 4 games for Notts.

How did Notts do in those games?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 12:53 - May 10 with 2781 viewsjonahwhereru

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 11:19 - May 10 by D_Alien

Taylor has shown signs of significant progress after his return from injury, a good prospect. The fact you can't see the improvement tells us all we need to know (as if we didn't already)

And its "...should HAVE gone..." (should've). McNulty helped us see out the season when others were injured, and remains a valuable member of the squad. Not every player is going to be first choice and having experienced cover like Big Jim is essential

Would also add on Big Jim he probably never envisaged being on the pitch or playing bench as often as he was last season. Even on Saturday it was his physicality that cause the Newport player to head over the the bar from the parried shot.
Really hope that next year he will be able to devote more time to coaching than playing. Nobody at the club sees him as more than a stop gap at league level. But I am glad he is again going to done his boots and play alongside the youth in the lesser competitions.
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 13:20 - May 10 with 2702 viewsAtThePeake

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 12:13 - May 10 by James1980

How did Notts do in those games?

15-04-22 - Notts County 4 - 1 King's Lynn Town
23-04-22 - Notts County 3 - 1 Weymouth
26-04-22 - Dover Athletic 0 - 3 Notts County
30-04-22 - Aldershot Town 3 - 1 Notts County

Tangled up in blue.

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 13:58 - May 10 with 2601 viewsJames1980

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 13:20 - May 10 by AtThePeake

15-04-22 - Notts County 4 - 1 King's Lynn Town
23-04-22 - Notts County 3 - 1 Weymouth
26-04-22 - Dover Athletic 0 - 3 Notts County
30-04-22 - Aldershot Town 3 - 1 Notts County

Impressive, only one clean sheet but looks like they were hard to break down in those games. Hopefully Graham was instrumental in what looks like strong defensive performances.

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 14:13 - May 10 with 2564 viewsHullDale

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 13:58 - May 10 by James1980

Impressive, only one clean sheet but looks like they were hard to break down in those games. Hopefully Graham was instrumental in what looks like strong defensive performances.

Conceded an average of 1.25 goals a game against the bottom four teams in the division. Not a brilliant record IMO.
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 14:15 - May 10 with 2560 viewsJames1980

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 14:13 - May 10 by HullDale

Conceded an average of 1.25 goals a game against the bottom four teams in the division. Not a brilliant record IMO.

I said looked like but I hadn't looked into how good the opposition were.

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 14:35 - May 10 with 2503 viewsHopwoodblue

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 12:53 - May 10 by jonahwhereru

Would also add on Big Jim he probably never envisaged being on the pitch or playing bench as often as he was last season. Even on Saturday it was his physicality that cause the Newport player to head over the the bar from the parried shot.
Really hope that next year he will be able to devote more time to coaching than playing. Nobody at the club sees him as more than a stop gap at league level. But I am glad he is again going to done his boots and play alongside the youth in the lesser competitions.

It’s not about playing football anymore for Jim, it’s about moving on to the next stage of his career.
Listening to him he may one day make a great manager hopefully at Dale.
You don’t have to be a world class player to make it in management.
There’s lots of average players gone on to make fantastic managers.
He deserves his chance at proving himself as a coach and I’m glad it’s at Dale.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 21:07 - May 10 with 2009 viewsTVOS1907

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 11:06 - May 10 by BucketBstard

Remember when you said the same about McNulty last year, when I and others told you he would hardly play?

He played for 825 minutes in the league this season (latterly through necessity) and 1005 minutes in all competitions.

There's more to him being kept on that what he offers on the pitch, but I suppose that doesn't fit your narrative.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 22:03 - May 10 with 1864 viewsgolfaduffy

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 21:07 - May 10 by TVOS1907

Remember when you said the same about McNulty last year, when I and others told you he would hardly play?

He played for 825 minutes in the league this season (latterly through necessity) and 1005 minutes in all competitions.

There's more to him being kept on that what he offers on the pitch, but I suppose that doesn't fit your narrative.

McNulty was picked for the first game of the season, so surely he was in the managers plans to play?

He had a absolutely awful game that day and wasn't picked again for a while.

He wears his heart on his sleeve but always has a mistake in him. Not sure he will be anything more than a last resort next season whilst taking his coach exams.
Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 22:38 - May 10 with 1781 viewsTVOS1907

Retained/Released List 2021/22 on 22:03 - May 10 by golfaduffy

McNulty was picked for the first game of the season, so surely he was in the managers plans to play?

He had a absolutely awful game that day and wasn't picked again for a while.

He wears his heart on his sleeve but always has a mistake in him. Not sure he will be anything more than a last resort next season whilst taking his coach exams.

Don't think so.

O'Connell was unavailable for the Harrogate game, Graham (a new signing with limited experience) was on the bench and we hadn't signed Dorsett by that point. Max Taylor was also making his EFL debut.

McNulty's selection was needs must at that time, as were his other sporadic appearances as the season progressed.

Couldn't agree more that he has mistakes in him (there was a remarkably bizarre attempt at a clearance on Saturday, by the way) and that he will be a last resort next term, as he has been this season.
[Post edited 10 May 2022 23:04]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024