Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread 03:47 - Mar 16 with 34012 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Totally forgot that Leistner was the goal-scorer in our only win at The City Ground. Feels like a generation ago. McClaren. Eze. Freeman. Cousins. Things certainly changed quickly.

Anyways, it's a big one. Forest undefeated in 6 and haven't lost at home this calendar year. And we all know our struggles there...

Would be thrilled with a 1-1 result.
Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:44 - Mar 16 with 2232 viewsaston_hoop

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:43 - Mar 16 by joolsyp

Can we even do that at this stage of the season? Or will it have to be Mahony?

Luton had one some weeks back, sure we can do it too. It'll probably be the same lad as them!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:46 - Mar 16 with 2142 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Disappointing that we went negative in the second half but it's still tight up there. Get three points on Sunday and regroup during the international break.
Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:46 - Mar 16 with 2098 viewsStreathamRanger

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:42 - Mar 16 by actonman

Pathetic 2nd half , anybody think any different has there head in the clouds !
Even on the odd occasion we won the ball , we just gave it straight back !
Jojo and Hendricks come on and nothing changed !
Can’t retain the ball , as soon as we are put under pressure we lose it .
We have gone from a footballing team knocking the ball about to a bunch of Sunday league cloggers

Forest were better than us in pretty much every position. Only Dunne gets in that Forest side. No lack of effort from our lot but when you're playing against players who are faster than you and at least equal if not better technically then you've got very little chance of winning. We gave ourselves hope by scoring first but it was always going to be a tall order getting anything from this game.
Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:48 - Mar 16 with 2019 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:46 - Mar 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

Disappointing that we went negative in the second half but it's still tight up there. Get three points on Sunday and regroup during the international break.

Good post its impossible to figure out why we stopped playing and they took over completely. We had the lead and all the momentum yet came away with nothing but injuries very frustrating .Time to regroup.
Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:49 - Mar 16 with 1989 viewsflynnbo

Most of us would probably have taken a draw away v Luton and a draw away against Forest yet we're a point better off due to the win on Sunday but a goal worse off-it's a funny old game as someone once said.
Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:49 - Mar 16 with 1973 viewsjoolsyp

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:37 - Mar 16 by CamberleyR

Clinging on to 6th by our finger nails.

I'm amazed we're still 6th and in with a shout of a play-off position. But injuries have taken their toll and while the likes of Forest, Middlesborough and Sheff Utd are gaining momentum, with 8 or 9 games to go we are losing ours. While other recent losses have seemed like flesh wounds, tonight felt a bit like a fatal blow (particularly with injuries to our best player and only goalkeeper). Still, keep the faith, Warbs has already worked miracles with this group of players so if we can sneak a win against Peterborough on Sunday, who knows?
Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:49 - Mar 16 with 1970 viewsjoe90

Not our night.

I thought we weren't bad first half, but it all seemed to fall apart after the equaliser.

The squad seems very fragile, our performances have been stuttering for sometime. Sunday looking like another big game and one we might struggle in.

What life it is being a QPR fan, we never do things the easy way!
Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:51 - Mar 16 with 1882 viewsHayesender

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:44 - Mar 16 by aston_hoop

Luton had one some weeks back, sure we can do it too. It'll probably be the same lad as them!

Didn't we recall Dillon Barnes?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:52 - Mar 16 with 1858 viewsCamberleyR

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:43 - Mar 16 by joolsyp

Can we even do that at this stage of the season? Or will it have to be Mahony?

Yes. From the EFL website:

57 Emergency Goalkeeper Loan
57.1 If all the Professional Goalkeepers at a Club are unavailable as a result of having been:
57.1.1 certified by an independent medical practitioner as being unfit to play;
57.1.2 suspended; or
57.1.3 called up to play for his national association representative matches in accordance with
the requirements of FIFA as laid down from time to time,
a Club may register (either before or after the deadlines laid down in Regulations 43.2 and
43.3), a further goalkeeper on a short term basis in accordance with the following provisions.
Guidance
A “Professional Goalkeeper is a ‘a goalkeeper (excluding any goalkeeper registered as a Non-
Contract Player) who has been named in the starting eleven on five or more occasions by:
any Club (or Premier League club) in any matches in the relevant league or first team cup
competitions (other than the EFL Trophy); and/or
any other club in a professional league in that club’s home association (by way of example,
any division of the Scottish Professional Football League, or Serie A, B or C).
[Post edited 16 Mar 2022 21:53]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:52 - Mar 16 with 1850 viewsdmm

I just can't understand what the thinking was behind the double substitution. Dozzell yes, but Amos too? Hendrick was his usual uninspiring self.
Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:53 - Mar 16 with 1825 viewsStreathamRanger

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:48 - Mar 16 by CLAREMAN1995

Good post its impossible to figure out why we stopped playing and they took over completely. We had the lead and all the momentum yet came away with nothing but injuries very frustrating .Time to regroup.

I don't think you can just keep momentum going indefinitely. They're a very dangerous side and they were always going to pile on the pressure. Wallace against Spence was a complete mismatch and we were carrying so many yellow cards we could just smash into them.

Johansen and Hendrick for Amos and Dozzell didn't really help as neither have any pace but Dozzell was a red card waiting to happen. Who knows what team we'll have out on Sunday.
Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:53 - Mar 16 with 1815 viewsMick_S

The defensive double substitution was never going to work tonight. Did we make a chance after that?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2022 21:56]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:53 - Mar 16 with 1809 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Unfortunately, this is where those results against Cardiff and Barnsley really hurt us. Tough task trying to get a result, but with our bad run of results we’re in a position where we can’t drop points very often now.

We’re toast if we can’t beat Posh.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2022 22:15]
Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:54 - Mar 16 with 1768 viewsMyke

Well let no one say another bad word about Marshall after this. Absolutely outstanding tonight and let down so badly by those in front of him. How Moses can go from MotM on Sunday to park footballer three days later is beyond me.. Why Wallace is picked over McCallum when he is clearly shot is another mystery. If Sanderson was brought in to combat their speed down their right, then it would help if he ran a bit. As for Dunne, completely outfought for the second game in a row - god help him against Mitrovic. Amos and Dozzell power puff in mid-field and Steph and Jeff apart from their first 5 minutes non-existent. Apart from Marshall, Chair and Gray (Ist half) depressing all over the pitch.
Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:54 - Mar 16 with 1756 viewsNewBee

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:43 - Mar 16 by thame_hoops

What’s Lee camp doing

Filled in for Clitheroe FC (7th tier) last month as temporary injury cover, but their first choice is now back, so Lee could be available:

https://www.clitheroefc.co.uk/news/camp-coup-for-blues-2680504.html

It would be a "coup"!
Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:55 - Mar 16 with 1746 viewsMick_S

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:52 - Mar 16 by dmm

I just can't understand what the thinking was behind the double substitution. Dozzell yes, but Amos too? Hendrick was his usual uninspiring self.

Just said the same, David. Head scratcher.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:56 - Mar 16 with 1731 viewsCamberleyR

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:54 - Mar 16 by Myke

Well let no one say another bad word about Marshall after this. Absolutely outstanding tonight and let down so badly by those in front of him. How Moses can go from MotM on Sunday to park footballer three days later is beyond me.. Why Wallace is picked over McCallum when he is clearly shot is another mystery. If Sanderson was brought in to combat their speed down their right, then it would help if he ran a bit. As for Dunne, completely outfought for the second game in a row - god help him against Mitrovic. Amos and Dozzell power puff in mid-field and Steph and Jeff apart from their first 5 minutes non-existent. Apart from Marshall, Chair and Gray (Ist half) depressing all over the pitch.

McCallum wasn't fit.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:58 - Mar 16 with 1629 viewsted_hendrix

Forest have a squad/cast of thousands we don't, as I posted elsewhere they are a very fast team and tonight they were better than us.
Sometimes you just gotta face facts.
It's a long season.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:59 - Mar 16 with 1616 viewsTramoreRanger

I know that we needed a calming influence in the midfield with half an hour left but would have left Amos on and bought either Johansen or Hendrick on, but not both.......

We were well in the game for 80 minutes, they just upped their game last 10 minutes, Spence best player on the pitch and Wallace unfortunately couldn't contain him......

Worrying thing is the amount of muscle injuries, pitch played a huge part in that, plus Willock getting kicked out the game by Worrall, who wasn't even spoken to at the time...... I'm all for light touch officiating and maybe ref took into account the conditions but a lot of leeway was given and players just started flying into each other..... he needed to stamp down on some of the tackles earlier......

But 3 points for away games at Luton and Forest, could be worse....... Just hope we've enough fit players for Sunday.......
Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:59 - Mar 16 with 1615 viewsdistortR

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:52 - Mar 16 by dmm

I thought Hendrick was much improved from the Luton game, but mainly because he didn't touch the ball much tonight.
Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 22:00 - Mar 16 with 1602 viewsStreathamRanger

I agree about Moses who looked pretty amateur out there tonight but I don't think Dunne did badly. Davis is on good form at the moment and is a big powerful player. Dunne won his fair share of tackles against him. We can't expect him to win every single battle.

Not sure Chair did a huge amount other than a great pass for Gray's goal. The pitch was so heavy, it slowed down his already quite slow game.
Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 22:03 - Mar 16 with 1537 viewsOldPedro

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:59 - Mar 16 by TramoreRanger

I know that we needed a calming influence in the midfield with half an hour left but would have left Amos on and bought either Johansen or Hendrick on, but not both.......

We were well in the game for 80 minutes, they just upped their game last 10 minutes, Spence best player on the pitch and Wallace unfortunately couldn't contain him......

Worrying thing is the amount of muscle injuries, pitch played a huge part in that, plus Willock getting kicked out the game by Worrall, who wasn't even spoken to at the time...... I'm all for light touch officiating and maybe ref took into account the conditions but a lot of leeway was given and players just started flying into each other..... he needed to stamp down on some of the tackles earlier......

But 3 points for away games at Luton and Forest, could be worse....... Just hope we've enough fit players for Sunday.......

Not sure the ref was that light touch for us anyway - 5 yellows for us and only 2 for Forest. Thought they got away with a couple - seemed to be easier for our players to get booked

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 22:03 - Mar 16 with 1525 viewsstainrods_elbow

Deserved defeat, I'm sad to say, for all our endeavour and the worrying loss of Willock and Marshall, epitomised by our club ambassador dumbly praising Field for 'taking one for the team' that led to their cracking equaliser, after which I could only see one winner. Gray worked hard, and nicked us a good goal, but Sinton's right at least that we offered nothing going forward in the 2nd half (we had one shot on goal, which was the one we converted), and, as I've said before, that's a major brake on our prospects. In short, when Willock's not playing and Chair's shackled as he always seem to be now, we're up against it. We got frankly very lucky at Luton, but can have no complaints tonight really, despite the above misfortunes and the terrible conditions that contributed.

I think Warburton got it wrong with the double subs, and not just with hindsight. Uncle for Wallace was an obvious switch, who struggled badly against Spence, and the lack of support for Gray - the goal aside - was lamentable. Everyone worked hard, but it isn't, and wasn't, nearly enough.

This team cares, but falls short, which means I'm less excited by our run-in now. Luton put four past PNE tonight, and the only positive is that Huddersfield lost. I think there'll be a few more 'twists and turns', but our excruciating injury situation alone, despite Warburton's love of rotation (Dykes seems to have out for ever, McCallum taking an eternity to get fit, the goalkeeping situation ) make you wonder if someone's ridden over Jude the Cat. The showing tonight just didn't look to me like a side arriving in 4th, or likely to stay there, either way.

We now need to blow Peterborough away with four goals of our own and a powerhouse performance, get/keep everyone fit, and - still! - find a way of playing 20 yards further forward if we're to have any kind of tilt at the playoffs, but I don't think we're quite young, quick, clever, enterprising, well coached or lucky enough.

As usual, I hope I'm wrong. (I'm not 'fickle', Mark, just a bit sick.)

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 22:06 - Mar 16 with 1478 viewsLogman

I would have liked to have seen Albert introduced. He has more pace and penetration than the two subs who were brought on and he would have been up for it against the team who released him. Very disappointed he wasn't introduced.
Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 22:07 - Mar 16 with 1471 viewsStanisgod

Channeling the BFG - Forest Game Thread on 21:24 - Mar 16 by kropotkin41

Honestly don't know why he keeps putting that yellow card away in his pocket, he might as well keep it out.

Premier league ref in a proper blood and thunder wet slippery fast paced FL game, shouldnt be allowed.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024