Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newport County (h) Match Thread 11:51 - Dec 17 with 17236 viewsHullDale

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 18:16 - Dec 18 with 4448 viewsD_Alien

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 17:34 - Dec 18 by jonahwhereru

Well after last weeks frustration that today was well deserved for the club and supports alike.
Must admit at 2 up with fives minutes to go I was thinking we can’t loose this one. However our drive and commitment to keep moving it forward got a positive outcome. Can we stop the comments about how we always concede late goals. We have score our fair share of late goals this season to counter balance.
Massive kudos to Jake, after the negative publicity at the Plymouth game he has just kept doing what he does and got the rewards he deserves. He was never bought here with a view to him being the main goal threat, but he has stepped up and his confidence must be sky high. Well done lad, and the rest of the team.
And all this with no plan B!
UTDNFS

Absolutely, and huge credit to RS too for sticking to his guns, again after being subject to ridiculous criticism

It's a result against a good L2 outfit that bodes well for the rest of the season, especially if we can strengthen the squad in key areas

What's happened to that "Stockdale out" petition?

[Post edited 18 Dec 2021 18:17]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 18:17 - Dec 18 with 4462 viewsHullDale

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 18:29 - Dec 18 with 4349 viewsnordenblue

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 18:17 - Dec 18 by HullDale

Another brilliant and honest interview by RS, you'd struggle not to like the man
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 18:35 - Dec 18 with 4309 viewskel

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 18:16 - Dec 18 by D_Alien

Absolutely, and huge credit to RS too for sticking to his guns, again after being subject to ridiculous criticism

It's a result against a good L2 outfit that bodes well for the rest of the season, especially if we can strengthen the squad in key areas

What's happened to that "Stockdale out" petition?

[Post edited 18 Dec 2021 18:17]

Yep. I’d take his football knowledge over the massive bellends on Facebook and Twitter who seem to have lost their logins tonight.

They’ll likely be back after a defeat though.
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 19:20 - Dec 18 with 4060 viewsDaleiLama

BBWho?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 19:21 - Dec 18 with 4054 viewsBluebottle

Thanks to Col and Murray from the trust for contacting me over the weekend re a mix up in communication.
Original post deleted.
Merry xmas
UTD
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 11:06]
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 20:20 - Dec 18 with 3815 viewsblackdogblue

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 19:21 - Dec 18 by Bluebottle

Thanks to Col and Murray from the trust for contacting me over the weekend re a mix up in communication.
Original post deleted.
Merry xmas
UTD
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 11:06]

To be honest, think the MOM presentation cancellation was a spur of the moment decision and agreed with it.

I am sure the Trust will make this up to your son 👍

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 20:28 - Dec 18 with 3780 viewsD_Dale

https://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-newport-county-afc/448700

Could have been 5-2. Many refs wouldn't have given the penalty, and how close was the offside 'goal'?
Login to get fewer ads

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 20:37 - Dec 18 with 3718 views442Dale

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 20:28 - Dec 18 by D_Dale

https://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-newport-county-afc/448700

Could have been 5-2. Many refs wouldn't have given the penalty, and how close was the offside 'goal'?

We were lucky on the pen, O’Keeffe was on his way down. Beesley looks to be inside the six yard box and a yard off.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, but Aidy White was very good today. Easily his best game for the club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 21:08 - Dec 18 with 3568 viewsEllDale

Not sure where to start here.
Sensational first half performance when all ten outfield players looked inspired.
In fact the passing and movement were so good at times that I wondered if we had more than ten on the pitch.
The link up play between Newby, O’Keeffe and Dooley was sublime at times and Newport were run ragged. At one stage midway through that first period there was a lull in play in front of the Sandy and three or four of their senior players were having a real go at each other, a sure sign of how rattled they were.
A little more steadiness and it could have been 3 or 4 nil at halftime.
I suppose it was a bit much to expect the same momentum after the break and I though that RS made the right changes at the right time, bolstering the team.
Can’t fault the effort at all; O’Keeffe made the penalty by chasing 50 yards on a seemingly lost cause to win the ball in the first place, White produced another lungburster to create the opportunity which Newby missed and Kelly’s surge for the third was impressive.
And let’s credit a sold defence against a rugged team who tried to mix it and disrupt things.
There may have been the odd misplaced pass but Dorsett and Taylor showed today how effective they can be.
Was there a downside? Perhaps we should have been out of sight at halftime?
And please don’t let EOC take another free kick! He seemed to take it with almost indecent haste which might explain why it was so horrendous.
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 22:10 - Dec 18 with 3327 views49thseason

Excellent performance this afternoon and high praise all round is duely given. Beesley is becoming a real player, the midfield played exacly the ball he needs time and time again, "feed the Bee he will score". I was also pleased to see White emerge from his chrysalis and become a player, busy, quick and confident the broken toy is mended! Lets hope noone breaks him again.
The defence defended as though their lives depended on it and the keeper mopped up when they were breeched. The boys are becoming men!
Excellent all round and a timely , much needed win and confidence-boost for fans, staff and players alike. Well done everyone!
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 22:12 - Dec 18 with 3307 viewsmikehunt

Their wall looks to be about 5 yards away from the ball. The ref didn’t do the 10 paces (As far as I could see)
Also, we haven’t mentioned another good chance when O’Keefe robbed their bloke and made himself a one on one, which the keeper saved. We could easily have won this 7 - 0
At last, a performance we all knew we were capable of. Just regularly bagging our chances eludes us. Can enjoy my Christmas now, though
UTDNFS

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 22:17 - Dec 18 with 3287 viewsHullDale

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/19794716.newport-countys-james-rowberry-l
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 22:17 - Dec 18 with 3285 viewsmikehunt

….. and I wanted to mention some really clever passing that I hadn’t witnessed before- those little lobs over a defender into the path of one of our front runners. Caused them all sorts of problems. You’d think they had been practising or something ………

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 22:41 - Dec 18 with 3203 viewsHullDale

A couple more points from me on reflection - my heart sank when Newby missed that absolute sitter towards the end... Newport applied more pressure again and my instinctual thought was that it would be a turning point and instead of being 3-0 up we'd end up 2 all quite quickly. The mindset shift I mentioned in my first post after the match applies here too... we were horrible to play against and NC hadn't earned the right to fight back. Also, in terms of mindset, in the post match comments, RS pointedly said 'we defended like men'; I wonder if the 3 losses in 6 (full ) days prompted him to give the young / loan players a bit of realism about what is expected of them now.

RS has come under criticism for his subs over the season, but today I thought they were brilliant... exactly what we needed when we needed, and shored up the team against the onslaught as they were looking for an equaliser.

Finally, talking of subs, I'd noticed Big Jim being more vocal on the touchline... from RS' post match interview, it sounds like some of the coaching staff have covid - its great that we have the experienced players feeling confident enough to coach from the sidelines, and obviously here is hoping the staff who are unwell aren't too serious and get better soon.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2021 22:42]
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 23:01 - Dec 18 with 3115 viewsRAFCBLUE

What a good afternoon:

3 points
18 shots
3 goals
Clean Sheet
Proper team effort, everyone played their part today.

Notable mentions:

Cory O'Keefe sprinting 60 yards to pressure Mickey Demetriou, lovely turn and drive into the box to win a penalty. He deserved something for the tenacity to press that defender who just bottled it.

Beesley for two goals and squaring it to Liam Kelly when on a hat trick. Selfless and sensible; Liam Kelly will not score an easier professional goal.

Big Jim - 42 minute warm up on the main stand side, spent mainly coaching players and providing encouragement.

It felt for me the most relaxed we have been at Spotland for a while and the crowd helped the players immensely even during a difficult patch in the second half.

Depending on Covid-19 that might be our last home game of 2021 and if so, what a good way to end it.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 02:31 - Dec 19 with 2809 viewsShun

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 22:17 - Dec 18 by HullDale

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/19794716.newport-countys-james-rowberry-l

Shades of John Sheridan in that Christmas presents comment!
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 09:07 - Dec 19 with 2502 viewsNorthernDale

Yesterday was the best performance all season, we got the ball forward and into the box with pace and shooting on sight, rather then over passing the ball. It was brilliant, hopefully we can carry on like that for the rest of the season.
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 09:32 - Dec 19 with 2411 viewsAltDaleComms

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 12:34 - Dec 19 with 2079 viewsTVOS1907

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 14:48 - Dec 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

What's the betting we will still be last on?

First League Two game featured.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 12:48 - Dec 19 with 2043 viewssamueloneils

I missed the match but was surprised noone mentioned the team changes.

Leaving Odoh and Morley out did surprise me, but it obviously worked well.

Was there a formation change with it?

Also on the highlights seeing Beesley outrun a central defender on a ball chase that late in the game and which led to Kelly`s goal was pretty impressive.
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 13:27 - Dec 19 with 1908 views442Dale

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 12:48 - Dec 19 by samueloneils

I missed the match but was surprised noone mentioned the team changes.

Leaving Odoh and Morley out did surprise me, but it obviously worked well.

Was there a formation change with it?

Also on the highlights seeing Beesley outrun a central defender on a ball chase that late in the game and which led to Kelly`s goal was pretty impressive.

There was a slight change as Grant wasn’t really playing in the front three that’s often been employed, more of a midfield three with both Grant and Dooley having an impact getting forward. Dooley’s impact this season has probably been overlooked a bit as when he plays well we are much better with him in the team as he keeps possession but can also carry the ball past players. For all Morley’s attributes, his game is much more ‘static’.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 13:31 - Dec 19 with 1904 viewsEllDale

Grant, Dooley, O’Keeffe, Newby and White had a field day in the first half by exposing the fringes of a static Newport back three.
Once the visitors made the tactical switch to a back four the game became much more even to my mind.
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 13:49 - Dec 19 with 1847 viewsNigeriamark

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 13:31 - Dec 19 by EllDale

Grant, Dooley, O’Keeffe, Newby and White had a field day in the first half by exposing the fringes of a static Newport back three.
Once the visitors made the tactical switch to a back four the game became much more even to my mind.

It was the second half when they were on top that the "hard" midfielder a number of us would like to see was needed. Has overtaken the need for left fullback in January in my opinion ( ideally both)
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 13:56 - Dec 19 with 1818 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 22:17 - Dec 18 by HullDale

His kids won't have presents on Xmas day if he gets fined. What a load of bollox. He will probably be paid a better salary than the majority of the people of Newport, so I hardly think he's going to struggle to provide his family a really good Xmas. I do however believe managers should have the right to calmly raise matters with the officials.

Also wasn't the penalty a tackle from behind, and even if he got the ball, he still managed to bring our player down, therefore it was rightly a penalty.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024