Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newport County (h) Match Thread 11:51 - Dec 17 with 17233 viewsHullDale

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 15:15 - Dec 18 with 3454 viewsNigeriamark

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 15:12 - Dec 18 by Nigeriamark

Cracking goal. Long ball forward & the Ball falls to grant just outside the box. Looks as if he will shoot but he lays a short pass to Beesley. Instead of blasting it he side foots home from 20 yards. Absolute class & cool finish

Unbelievable miss by O'keefe. Corner floated over to the back post & with a free header from 4 yards out he puts it across the goal and wide

We are playing well though & having a real go

Fans look sparse in the Sandy & seating areas
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 15:47 - Dec 18 with 3285 views442Dale

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 15:12 - Dec 18 by Nigeriamark

Cracking goal. Long ball forward & the Ball falls to grant just outside the box. Looks as if he will shoot but he lays a short pass to Beesley. Instead of blasting it he side foots home from 20 yards. Absolute class & cool finish

The sort of finish and performance that will attract attention in January. From National League North sides wanting him on loan of course.

Best display of the season so far, should have scored more. They look dangerous breaking forward though.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 15:52 - Dec 18 with 3218 viewsfunkkk

Very, very good first half from Dale. Just a worry we’ve only got one goal. Not helped when our Captain thinks he should be taking attacking free kicks 😂
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 15:58 - Dec 18 with 3163 viewsdale1968

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 15:52 - Dec 18 by funkkk

Very, very good first half from Dale. Just a worry we’ve only got one goal. Not helped when our Captain thinks he should be taking attacking free kicks 😂

Totally Agree excellent 1st Half from dale.
2 points of note though O'Connells woeful free-kick
And
Newbys new hair do..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:09 - Dec 18 with 3089 viewsNigeriamark

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 15:47 - Dec 18 by 442Dale

The sort of finish and performance that will attract attention in January. From National League North sides wanting him on loan of course.

Best display of the season so far, should have scored more. They look dangerous breaking forward though.

Was it the Stevenage game (or Hertlepool) where we had a similar first half then didn't come out for the second? We might regret not being 2 up which we should be based on that performance. Keeper hasn't had anything to do. We have played some really good passing and attacking play, and we have looked solid at the back.
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:21 - Dec 18 with 2996 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:09 - Dec 18 by Nigeriamark

Was it the Stevenage game (or Hertlepool) where we had a similar first half then didn't come out for the second? We might regret not being 2 up which we should be based on that performance. Keeper hasn't had anything to do. We have played some really good passing and attacking play, and we have looked solid at the back.

Stick or twist with changes?..........Doing OK, but would a change or two help us get more from the game?
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:31 - Dec 18 with 2933 views442Dale

12 goals before Christmas for Beesley.

If only we’d let Donnelly take penalties.

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:35 - Dec 18 with 2897 viewsNigeriamark

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:21 - Dec 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

Stick or twist with changes?..........Doing OK, but would a change or two help us get more from the game?

2-0 Dale, Penalty Beesley
e
O'keef chased a ball 50 yards to the corner flag, stole the ball of their defender & takes it into the box. The defender chases back & fouls him. On first view I thought it was soft, but on seeing the replay it looks a penalty. For a split second I thought Beesley had hit it over, but it was perfect just under the bar. They had been marginally the better side in the second half without really testing our keeper

Let's not let this go
Login to get fewer ads

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:36 - Dec 18 with 2879 viewskel

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:31 - Dec 18 by 442Dale

12 goals before Christmas for Beesley.

If only we’d let Donnelly take penalties.

Garbage. Get him out on loan.
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:36 - Dec 18 with 2884 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Just in case you forgot, always factor in the Boyesen effect on the game ...4 yellow cards in 10 minutes.
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:40 - Dec 18 with 2846 viewswimborne_dale

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:09 - Dec 18 by Nigeriamark

Solid at the back? Is this really Rochdale we're talking about 😮

Edgar Allan's Crow

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:42 - Dec 18 with 2817 viewsNigeriamark

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:40 - Dec 18 by wimborne_dale

Solid at the back? Is this really Rochdale we're talking about 😮

I have had a few beers !!
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:46 - Dec 18 with 2790 viewsNigeriamark

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:42 - Dec 18 by Nigeriamark

I have had a few beers !!

Our second miss of the season in the same game. We were under the cosh since the goal but had a breakaway. White puts in a great effort, the keeper parries it out and with an empty net Newby puts it over from 12 yards
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:51 - Dec 18 with 2749 viewsNigeriamark

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:46 - Dec 18 by Nigeriamark

Our second miss of the season in the same game. We were under the cosh since the goal but had a breakaway. White puts in a great effort, the keeper parries it out and with an empty net Newby puts it over from 12 yards

3-0 Dale. Just like the Newby miss, we break away, Beesley runs in on goal, slides it to Kelly who slots home

Beesley given MOM but Dorsett ran him close. No-one has had a bad game and we deserve it over the 90 minutes. Probably our best performance of the season against an in-form team who had moved up to 4th
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:58 - Dec 18 with 2654 viewsrich_dale

Big kudos to Beesley for stepping up and the defence for the clean sheet. Could argue that this performance and result was coming, well done all.
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 17:02 - Dec 18 with 2600 views442Dale

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:36 - Dec 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

Just in case you forgot, always factor in the Boyesen effect on the game ...4 yellow cards in 10 minutes.

All deserved. And he could have given a couple more.

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 17:34 - Dec 18 with 2356 viewsjonahwhereru

Well after last weeks frustration that today was well deserved for the club and supports alike.
Must admit at 2 up with fives minutes to go I was thinking we can’t loose this one. However our drive and commitment to keep moving it forward got a positive outcome. Can we stop the comments about how we always concede late goals. We have score our fair share of late goals this season to counter balance.
Massive kudos to Jake, after the negative publicity at the Plymouth game he has just kept doing what he does and got the rewards he deserves. He was never bought here with a view to him being the main goal threat, but he has stepped up and his confidence must be sky high. Well done lad, and the rest of the team.
And all this with no plan B!
UTDNFS
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 17:35 - Dec 18 with 2345 viewsTVOS1907

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 14:48 - Dec 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

What's the betting we will still be last on?

How many times has that been the case this season?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 17:40 - Dec 18 with 2286 viewsTVOS1907

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 16:36 - Dec 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

All of them correct.

Coleman had already been warned about time-wasting and two of theirs were for their players mouthing off about the penalty.

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 17:40 - Dec 18 with 2290 views442Dale

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 17:34 - Dec 18 by jonahwhereru

Well after last weeks frustration that today was well deserved for the club and supports alike.
Must admit at 2 up with fives minutes to go I was thinking we can’t loose this one. However our drive and commitment to keep moving it forward got a positive outcome. Can we stop the comments about how we always concede late goals. We have score our fair share of late goals this season to counter balance.
Massive kudos to Jake, after the negative publicity at the Plymouth game he has just kept doing what he does and got the rewards he deserves. He was never bought here with a view to him being the main goal threat, but he has stepped up and his confidence must be sky high. Well done lad, and the rest of the team.
And all this with no plan B!
UTDNFS

Maybe it was because the game was played under Plan B?

Anyone who doubted Beesley as a forward player doesn’t understand how much clubs want players like him these days. That was Glenn Murray at his best today, something he always hinted at being able to do. This burst of goals is going to bring bids in January. Joey Barton was quoted on the back of the Ob as saying how good he is and that Championship and L1 clubs are interested.

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 17:44 - Dec 18 with 2238 viewsTVOS1907

That was our joint-biggest win over Newport - and all three of those 3-0 wins have come in our last three meetings at Spotland, starting on this weekend in 1987.

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 17:51 - Dec 18 with 2189 viewsblackdogblue

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 10:14 - Dec 18 by DaleiLama

Pretty awesome shift being put in by the Trust today (several tweets in thread).

To be honest, me & Mrs BDB were guests and it was superb, really enjoyed the day, many thanks to the Trust for the great work they do..

On the pitch, this was the best I have seen Dale play for a very long, long time.. I know Bees scored twice & got man of the match, for me, there were many stand out performances today and I thought Liam Kelly was sublime...

Problem is, we enjoyed the match that much we will start going again now

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 17:58 - Dec 18 with 2135 viewsHullDale

Brilliant today - really enjoyable to watch.

The fitness and determination really stood out for me... I'm not sure what has been said since the Bristol match, but it felt like there was a mindset change today. We were going to do the bullying and set the tempo, and if Newport wanted anything out of the game they were going to have to absolutely graft for it. Conor Grant gives us a totally different dimension when he is on point, and he pulls opposition players towards him freeing up space for Kelly to do what Kelly does best.

In the same way Bristol and Hartlepool were not the end of the world, today doesn't mean we're going to start flying up the league; it does reaffirm my belief, though, that we have a squad that is more than capable of competing and could give a few sides genuine drubbings as we go past Xmas.

2 people came with me today - one has been a few times already this season, but the other is a big Liverpool fan and its his first Dale game in years... he is already talking about coming back again for the next match.

Also a note for the ref - absolutely shocking, and confirms my thoughts that a lot of referees are failed footballers who just want to be involved. Me, me, me - & he risked losing control of it a couple of times.
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 17:59 - Dec 18 with 2118 viewsdawlishdale

Excellent performance from the whole team especially in the first half, when we really pressed them higher up the pitch than we normally do, and it paid dividends.

Beesley's early goal was the first home goal he has scored for ages, and we really should have had at least a couple more through O'Keefe (how did he miss?) and Grant, who hit a hard shot straight at the keeper when a yard either side would have been a goal.

They stepped it up in the second half but rarely troubled Coleman directly, and there was more space in behind them as the game progressed, allowing us to catch them on the break.

O'Keefe covered a huge amount of ground to win the ball back before he was fouled for the penalty, although it looked like he may have shoved their player in the corner... I'll have to see it again.

Third goal should have been our 4th or 5th, but Kelly was never going to miss following good work from Beesley again.

Good pre-Xmas present for the fans, and full credit to the 300 odd from Newport, although they were quieter than most...probably because we battered them for the most part.

Up the Dale.
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 18:10 - Dec 18 with 2040 viewstony_roch975

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 17:58 - Dec 18 by HullDale

Brilliant today - really enjoyable to watch.

The fitness and determination really stood out for me... I'm not sure what has been said since the Bristol match, but it felt like there was a mindset change today. We were going to do the bullying and set the tempo, and if Newport wanted anything out of the game they were going to have to absolutely graft for it. Conor Grant gives us a totally different dimension when he is on point, and he pulls opposition players towards him freeing up space for Kelly to do what Kelly does best.

In the same way Bristol and Hartlepool were not the end of the world, today doesn't mean we're going to start flying up the league; it does reaffirm my belief, though, that we have a squad that is more than capable of competing and could give a few sides genuine drubbings as we go past Xmas.

2 people came with me today - one has been a few times already this season, but the other is a big Liverpool fan and its his first Dale game in years... he is already talking about coming back again for the next match.

Also a note for the ref - absolutely shocking, and confirms my thoughts that a lot of referees are failed footballers who just want to be involved. Me, me, me - & he risked losing control of it a couple of times.

agree - from the off there seemed to be more tenacity in the tackling; Taylor & Dorsett bullied their attackers, Kelly & Dooley niggled away, even Grant put some tackles in & Beesley worked his socks off as always - 2nd half we started slowly, on the back foot and allowed them back into the game; our 2nd was a touch fortuitous and had Newport scored then as looked likely I doubt we'd have won. So agree it's a great result but doesn't mean we've become promotion candidates.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024