Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs hospitality 22:14 - Feb 8 with 9601 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/february/hospitality_spurs_fa-cup/

In the Ratcliffe for £95? Does this mean regulars in there won’t be able to use the main bar?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Spurs hospitality on 13:26 - Feb 9 with 4741 viewsrochdaleriddler

Perhaps they will let us know, £95!, Jesus I'd expect a free bar, and a line of Coke for that

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Spurs hospitality on 13:31 - Feb 9 with 4722 viewsdawlishdale

Spurs hospitality on 13:26 - Feb 9 by rochdaleriddler

Perhaps they will let us know, £95!, Jesus I'd expect a free bar, and a line of Coke for that

Looks like the Ratcliffe Bar will be for diners only before the game.

Still, there's the Dale bar with it's huge capacity for all the home supporter regulars. And the Carlsberg Lounge for those already inside the ground in the TDS.

Hospitality in the Players lounge sold out before I even knew about it, so no-one can grumble that the £95 is too much.

Thank goodness we aren't in the Prem.
Spurs hospitality on 13:38 - Feb 9 with 4682 viewsrochdaleriddler

Spurs hospitality on 13:31 - Feb 9 by dawlishdale

Looks like the Ratcliffe Bar will be for diners only before the game.

Still, there's the Dale bar with it's huge capacity for all the home supporter regulars. And the Carlsberg Lounge for those already inside the ground in the TDS.

Hospitality in the Players lounge sold out before I even knew about it, so no-one can grumble that the £95 is too much.

Thank goodness we aren't in the Prem.

This is not a premier league facility, and whilst I understand the club trying to maximise income, I didn't see any mention of hospitality until the main bit was sold out . A bog standard meal and a programme for £73 is very expensive to me.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Spurs hospitality on 13:42 - Feb 9 with 4663 viewsdawlishdale

Spurs hospitality on 13:38 - Feb 9 by rochdaleriddler

This is not a premier league facility, and whilst I understand the club trying to maximise income, I didn't see any mention of hospitality until the main bit was sold out . A bog standard meal and a programme for £73 is very expensive to me.

I fully agree, but obviously plenty of people have already bought.
Spurs hospitality on 13:54 - Feb 9 with 4599 views442Dale

Spurs hospitality on 13:42 - Feb 9 by dawlishdale

With these extra hospitality spaces presumably taking seats in the ground that would have been available to Millwall ticket holders/open sale, it reduces the choice and availability to those fans.

It also appears that some who bought hospitality were able to get their match ticket sorted before anyone else!

Edit: in fact, how many Main Stand ST holders do we have? Once their tickets are put aside and the hospitality ones are reserved, exactly how many will be left for the normal fan? Some with a Millwall ticket for the main stand may have to buy one for the Sandy/Pearl St.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 13:57]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Spurs hospitality on 14:19 - Feb 9 with 4517 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I thought this thread was going to be about Mr Levy dipping into his vast pockets and paying for the pitch re-lay.........come on lad,you can afford it.
Spurs hospitality on 14:28 - Feb 9 with 4477 viewsrochdaleriddler

Spurs hospitality on 13:54 - Feb 9 by 442Dale

With these extra hospitality spaces presumably taking seats in the ground that would have been available to Millwall ticket holders/open sale, it reduces the choice and availability to those fans.

It also appears that some who bought hospitality were able to get their match ticket sorted before anyone else!

Edit: in fact, how many Main Stand ST holders do we have? Once their tickets are put aside and the hospitality ones are reserved, exactly how many will be left for the normal fan? Some with a Millwall ticket for the main stand may have to buy one for the Sandy/Pearl St.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 13:57]

Does it mean spurs fans in the main stand ?

Spurs hospitality on 14:30 - Feb 9 with 4466 viewsrochdaleriddler

Spurs hospitality on 13:42 - Feb 9 by dawlishdale

Yep, the chosen few

Login to get fewer ads

Spurs hospitality on 15:18 - Feb 9 with 4360 viewsBobbyjoe

Spurs hospitality on 13:38 - Feb 9 by rochdaleriddler

If you allow £25 for the meal (and it would have to be up to Nutter's standard to be worth that!), the club is basically operating its own black market at £70 for a ticket and programme. Now, the unparalleled quality of TVOS notwithstanding, if the tabloids get hold of it, they'll pillory us, and rightly so!
Spurs hospitality on 15:21 - Feb 9 with 4343 views100notout

Spurs hospitality on 15:18 - Feb 9 by Bobbyjoe

If you allow £25 for the meal (and it would have to be up to Nutter's standard to be worth that!), the club is basically operating its own black market at £70 for a ticket and programme. Now, the unparalleled quality of TVOS notwithstanding, if the tabloids get hold of it, they'll pillory us, and rightly so!

But its already sold out!

I agree its pricey but you can't blame the club for taking advantage of such strong demand. They could probably have charged more and still sold out

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Spurs hospitality on 15:26 - Feb 9 with 4315 viewsNerazzurri

Absolutely & the fact we have kept general admission to normal league prices is also very reasonable considering most other clubs up their prices dramatically for such fixtures. Yeovil charged £30 for the terrace behind the goal the other week against Man Utd.

Forza Nerazzurri

Spurs hospitality on 15:35 - Feb 9 with 4277 viewsdingdangblue

Spurs hospitality on 15:21 - Feb 9 by 100notout

But its already sold out!

I agree its pricey but you can't blame the club for taking advantage of such strong demand. They could probably have charged more and still sold out

The hospitality in the main stand lounge usually allows you in the lounge after the game - to see the man of the match presentation - if it is full where are the hospitality in the Radcliffe lounge going to go after the game?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Spurs hospitality on 15:36 - Feb 9 with 4272 viewsR17ALE

Spurs hospitality on 15:18 - Feb 9 by Bobbyjoe

No they won't. It's up to the vendor to price a product however they wish.

The purchaser can then choose whether they buy at that price.

I think it's called a free market economy - you know, how the UK has been living for centuries!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Spurs hospitality on 15:38 - Feb 9 with 4262 viewsBobbyjoe

Spurs hospitality on 15:26 - Feb 9 by Nerazzurri

Absolutely & the fact we have kept general admission to normal league prices is also very reasonable considering most other clubs up their prices dramatically for such fixtures. Yeovil charged £30 for the terrace behind the goal the other week against Man Utd.

It would have been perfectly reasonable to up the prices for such a game; I don't think Dale fans would have objected to paying a few quid more. An extra fiver on 10,000 tickets would be reasonable and lucrative. That would be honest and up front. But this way you don't make very much money, and you leave yourself open to accusations of profiteering. Trust me, it won't look good in a headline, with matching photographs of the *delicious" meal!
Spurs hospitality on 15:41 - Feb 9 with 4241 viewsBobbyjoe

Spurs hospitality on 15:36 - Feb 9 by R17ALE

No they won't. It's up to the vendor to price a product however they wish.

The purchaser can then choose whether they buy at that price.

I think it's called a free market economy - you know, how the UK has been living for centuries!

You've just precisely defined a black market, R17! Or are you saying the meal is £73, and that is reasonable supply and demand!
Spurs hospitality on 15:42 - Feb 9 with 4238 viewsR17ALE

Spurs hospitality on 15:38 - Feb 9 by Bobbyjoe

It would have been perfectly reasonable to up the prices for such a game; I don't think Dale fans would have objected to paying a few quid more. An extra fiver on 10,000 tickets would be reasonable and lucrative. That would be honest and up front. But this way you don't make very much money, and you leave yourself open to accusations of profiteering. Trust me, it won't look good in a headline, with matching photographs of the *delicious" meal!

After all the media frenzy which we now know accompanies one of the big guns, do you really think the press are going to give a flying fook what dinner the club serves up in the pub on the car park pre-match?

Seriously, do you?

Spurs hospitality on 15:44 - Feb 9 with 4228 viewsR17ALE

Spurs hospitality on 15:41 - Feb 9 by Bobbyjoe

You've just precisely defined a black market, R17! Or are you saying the meal is £73, and that is reasonable supply and demand!

No I haven't!

If the mark up for the meal is indeed £73 and people choose to pay it, then fair enough.

I won't, you won't, because we're free to choose not to.

Spurs hospitality on 15:45 - Feb 9 with 4213 viewsnordenblue

Spurs hospitality on 14:28 - Feb 9 by rochdaleriddler

Does it mean spurs fans in the main stand ?

There's always folk from various clubs in the main stand?
Spurs hospitality on 15:47 - Feb 9 with 4203 viewsBobbyjoe

Spurs hospitality on 15:42 - Feb 9 by R17ALE

After all the media frenzy which we now know accompanies one of the big guns, do you really think the press are going to give a flying fook what dinner the club serves up in the pub on the car park pre-match?

Seriously, do you?

We'll see!
Spurs hospitality on 15:55 - Feb 9 with 4165 viewsJumeirahDale

As long as entry prices (and I'd include programs as well with it being a special occasion) are reasonably priced, baIIs to the rest - happy for the club to squeeze every penny we can out of this enterprise.

We have some of the best pubs in the country for a pre-match drink, it's not like the ground is in an industrial park off the M62. Put a few quid in the pockets of the Baum or wherever.
Spurs hospitality on 16:00 - Feb 9 with 4141 viewsrochdaleriddler

Spurs hospitality on 15:45 - Feb 9 by nordenblue

There's always folk from various clubs in the main stand?

So let's not segregate any stand then

Spurs hospitality on 16:05 - Feb 9 with 4121 viewsrochdaleriddler

Spurs hospitality on 15:55 - Feb 9 by JumeirahDale

As long as entry prices (and I'd include programs as well with it being a special occasion) are reasonably priced, baIIs to the rest - happy for the club to squeeze every penny we can out of this enterprise.

We have some of the best pubs in the country for a pre-match drink, it's not like the ground is in an industrial park off the M62. Put a few quid in the pockets of the Baum or wherever.

Well I always frequent the dale bar/ratcliffe arms pre game, so I guess I will have to go elsewhere for this game, the Dale bar was rammed on tues, for a 2700 crowd. I'll look to not spend money there pre game in the future , because it's all about short term profit. Christ we are getting 247k just for the tv cash

Spurs hospitality on 16:22 - Feb 9 with 4066 viewsJumeirahDale

Spurs hospitality on 16:05 - Feb 9 by rochdaleriddler

Well I always frequent the dale bar/ratcliffe arms pre game, so I guess I will have to go elsewhere for this game, the Dale bar was rammed on tues, for a 2700 crowd. I'll look to not spend money there pre game in the future , because it's all about short term profit. Christ we are getting 247k just for the tv cash

When that "short term profit" is something that comes along every 10 years or so, and punctuates far longer periods of living month-to-month and carefully managing our finances, then yes, you're right. It is all about short-term profit.

If maximising that for one match every now and again is enough to make you take future business away from the club, that's your choice. Seems like a bizarre overreaction to me, but you're entitled to it.
Spurs hospitality on 16:26 - Feb 9 with 4050 viewsDaleiLama

I hate being ripped off as much as the next man, but in this instance, I'm in favour of the club making hay whilst the sun shines. It's a one-off, stellar game. Let RAFC cash in and vote with your feet if you don't like it, or your wallet if you do.

The club has given all the most committed fans a concession for the Millwall game and a very good price to get in and see a club lying 5th in the PL. If they can make a bit on the side to pay to keep things on an even keel, fantastic.

There was a good thread the other day discussing how difficult it is for clubs with a model and support like ours to even stay in the league, let alone thrive.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Spurs hospitality on 16:27 - Feb 9 with 4050 viewsdeeplishblue

Can't believe that anybody would spit their dummy because they can't get a pint in the Radcliffe. How small minded of them.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024