Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season tickets 09:10 - Apr 18 with 52217 viewsKenBoon

Crowd goes mild...
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-afc-2016-17-season-ticket-ann
Season tickets on 08:45 - Apr 19 with 3462 viewsVivaDonaldo

I think one thing people need to be mindful of is judging our approach to season tickets this year based on last year's accounts. There will have been increased expenditure this year and the board have a better idea of what our accounts currently look like.

Not that I agree with the strategy just being mindful of other factors.
Season tickets on 10:36 - Apr 19 with 3261 viewsDorsetDale

Season tickets on 07:16 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

The only advantage the Club reap from Season Ticket holders is a lump of money which they then utilised to keep the Club ticking over during the close season. The fact we now have money in the bank means the 250,000 pounds they raise from ST sales ( plucked that figure out of the air) is no longer urgently ring fenced like it was in the past. Early Bird is no longer beneficial to the Club.

Maybe the Club actively want to decrease the number of full paying Season Ticket holders and want to gamble on those fans still attending for most of the season paying out more than there Season Ticket. I think there's plenty of us willing to assist with that experiment.Being a Football fan is similar to being a junky or a smoker, it's not easy just to stop for a lot of abbitual users. It's also not easy trying to make sense of these prices so I'm looking at it from a different angle.

Now we've had time to sleep on this I think it's time to let it go and just decide what you want to do. The Chairman and Directors have made their decision and they aren't forcing us to purchase in any way, so the ball is in the fans court. The pricing policy just makes you realise the fans are probably the only ones who can see how serious the effects of dwindling crowds will be further down the line. Hill won't be here forever and League One is never a guarantee. Anyway, nobody can say the fans kept schtum on the issue.

Time to leave this alone now and try to get the focus back onto tonight's game.

Whilst I agree with you, this is exactly the "sleep on it" response the club will have hoped for. We know it and they do, it's what generally happens.

Mr 49th referenced many such occurrences not least the f£$%kin fixture board!

The real irony is that if I could afford travel costs I'd gladly have at least a country ticket, although that said, and I may have missed it, but didn't see them advertised on yesterday's announcement?

I'll have to remain utterly desperate and tune into player on match days

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Season tickets on 10:37 - Apr 19 with 3259 viewslurker

I'm going to the game tonight and I am going to enjoy myself.

However, having had a sleep like others mention above I have had time to have a good think about it and I can without a doubt say I will NOT be renewing my season ticket.

Yes, I am peeved about the admin fees for my kids tickets (40 sheets of 4"x3" paper and a plastic wallet cost this much?) and the fact that my own ticket has gone up, plus I can't use a credit card which is how I budget most of my short term spending so I have to pay a fair wad upfront in cold hard cash.

However, the number one reason is pure value. When I shop for anything else, as I am on a tight budget, I compare prices for the same product (or very similar) at all available retailers offering the product and based on quality and total cost I make a decision where I will buy the product from. Using this method, I see very poor value in the Dale season ticket. Others are offering a similar product - or in some cases superior product - for much less.

Obviously, as a born and bred Dale fan I will not choose to buy elsewhere in this case. Therefore, just as with any product if I think it represents poor value and it will stretch my budget beyond its limit, I will make the decision not to buy. Simple.

The club could change my mind in an instant by making an offer comparable to their competitors. I doubt they will if the replies to emails are anything to go by!

Like I say, I will go to the game tonight and the players and management will get my full support and I hope for a fantastic result that keeps us in the hunt for promotion. However, the next time I am asked by the club to try to bring a friend or in any small way help promote or market the club to my friends, family or workmates, I will not give a toss!
Season tickets on 11:21 - Apr 19 with 3149 viewsdingdangblue

Season tickets on 10:36 - Apr 19 by DorsetDale

Whilst I agree with you, this is exactly the "sleep on it" response the club will have hoped for. We know it and they do, it's what generally happens.

Mr 49th referenced many such occurrences not least the f£$%kin fixture board!

The real irony is that if I could afford travel costs I'd gladly have at least a country ticket, although that said, and I may have missed it, but didn't see them advertised on yesterday's announcement?

I'll have to remain utterly desperate and tune into player on match days

The Country ticket is £180 for 10 games.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season tickets on 11:47 - Apr 19 with 3114 viewsfirgrovedale51

Rather than posting on here and getting all excited or acting on knee jerk reactions surely it would be better to contact the club and ask them the questions .
Season tickets on 12:03 - Apr 19 with 3064 viewspioneer

Season tickets on 07:16 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

The only advantage the Club reap from Season Ticket holders is a lump of money which they then utilised to keep the Club ticking over during the close season. The fact we now have money in the bank means the 250,000 pounds they raise from ST sales ( plucked that figure out of the air) is no longer urgently ring fenced like it was in the past. Early Bird is no longer beneficial to the Club.

Maybe the Club actively want to decrease the number of full paying Season Ticket holders and want to gamble on those fans still attending for most of the season paying out more than there Season Ticket. I think there's plenty of us willing to assist with that experiment.Being a Football fan is similar to being a junky or a smoker, it's not easy just to stop for a lot of abbitual users. It's also not easy trying to make sense of these prices so I'm looking at it from a different angle.

Now we've had time to sleep on this I think it's time to let it go and just decide what you want to do. The Chairman and Directors have made their decision and they aren't forcing us to purchase in any way, so the ball is in the fans court. The pricing policy just makes you realise the fans are probably the only ones who can see how serious the effects of dwindling crowds will be further down the line. Hill won't be here forever and League One is never a guarantee. Anyway, nobody can say the fans kept schtum on the issue.

Time to leave this alone now and try to get the focus back onto tonight's game.

No, the club get a massive gain of people paying up front for games they may not attend and hence wouldnt pay for if they didnt have an ST

I cannot believe any club would prefer season ticket holders to stop purchasing STs.
Season tickets on 12:04 - Apr 19 with 3056 viewsthebackrowhero

Season tickets on 11:21 - Apr 19 by dingdangblue

A whooping saving of £20 whats the fooking point
Season tickets on 12:21 - Apr 19 with 3001 viewsDorsetDale

Season tickets on 11:21 - Apr 19 by dingdangblue

Ta

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Login to get fewer ads

Season tickets on 12:49 - Apr 19 with 2893 viewsdingdangblue

Season tickets on 12:04 - Apr 19 by thebackrowhero

A whooping saving of £20 whats the fooking point

I suppose if you are living away from Rochdale it just gives you the opportunity to pay for 10 games upfront - then choose when to visit accordingly. Admittedly its not a great saving but if you use all 10 tickets its probably worth buying.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Season tickets on 13:16 - Apr 19 with 2784 viewsroccydaleian

Season tickets on 11:47 - Apr 19 by firgrovedale51

Rather than posting on here and getting all excited or acting on knee jerk reactions surely it would be better to contact the club and ask them the questions .

It's a forum, don't you think it's worth a thread discussing what people think of this farce? Don't think their's many knee jerk reactions, people are just pissed off and i think with the Trust link Col has put on, we'd all be better using that as a collective voice.
Season tickets on 13:27 - Apr 19 with 2739 viewsdalestats

I'm sure this thread is being checked by people at the club. Please either on here or on the o/s issue a statement stating you are going to look at the season ticket strategy again. You must realise now that the overwhelming feeling is that the announcement has been a huge own goal alienating fans. Supporters should be excited about the biggest match of the season tonight instead the resentment and anger felt by the season ticket announcement overshadows it all.

Poll: Remain in the eu

Season tickets on 14:41 - Apr 19 with 2596 viewsSuddenLad

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/128/advertorials/102378/rochdale-a

So the 'win your season ticket' incentive remains...... (it doesn't say whether it includes 'admin fees' !)

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season tickets on 14:54 - Apr 19 with 2546 viewsfirgrovedale51

Season tickets on 13:16 - Apr 19 by roccydaleian

It's a forum, don't you think it's worth a thread discussing what people think of this farce? Don't think their's many knee jerk reactions, people are just pissed off and i think with the Trust link Col has put on, we'd all be better using that as a collective voice.

Yes of course it is a forum for discussing things but at the end of the day the questions have to be answered by the club they are the ones with the info until they are approached and asked who knows what they will say.
The sooner they are asked the better , but of course that is only my humble opinion.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2016 14:58]
Season tickets on 14:59 - Apr 19 with 2526 viewsdingdangblue

Season tickets on 14:41 - Apr 19 by SuddenLad

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/128/advertorials/102378/rochdale-a

So the 'win your season ticket' incentive remains...... (it doesn't say whether it includes 'admin fees' !)

Call me a cynic - but its about time a FULL PRICED ticket holder won!

This is from last season:

Winning back the cost of your season ticket competition.

Season before last 13 year old wins
http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/st-winner-robert-860765.asp

Last season 11 year old wins
http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/season-ticket-winner-1611929.aspx

Mondays draw just gone 85 year old wins!
http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/eric-wins-his-season-ticket-2477922

Season tickets on 15:41 - Apr 19 with 2451 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 11:47 - Apr 19 by firgrovedale51

I wouldn't even bother contacting the Club about this, why belittle yourself by going with the begging bowl? Everybody just decide what you are going to do and stick to it. Not renewing 2 season tickets or my Trust Membership ( Nothing personal towards the volunteers who all work very hard) and cancelling Goldbond that's my decision. I always miss a few games anyway so paying on the gate supplemented by my savings in other directions brings me to a cost that I am happy with. Even when we manage to swell the coffers, they still want to open your wallet up for a bit more, it's greed.

If the Club think they can have loyal fans over a barrel I think they've made a mistake. Nobody at the Football Club tries to dictate to me what to do with my money. I've given'em plenty over the years anyway so I won't feel guilty, but after yesterday the gravy train stops.

I would let the matter rest now and let's see how many people decide to pay on the gate rather than renew, I think the Club will be surprised.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2016 15:53]
Season tickets on 15:46 - Apr 19 with 2423 viewsjudd

I'm thinking of smuggling chips and gravy in tonight.

Fook 'em.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season tickets on 15:53 - Apr 19 with 2392 viewsroccydaleian

Season tickets on 15:46 - Apr 19 by judd

Fook 'em.

We need fans not food. Can you not smuggle you know who in? (8)
Season tickets on 15:58 - Apr 19 with 2370 viewsjudd

Season tickets on 15:53 - Apr 19 by roccydaleian

We need fans not food. Can you not smuggle you know who in? (8)

What, in a Jim'll Fix It kinda way?

Season tickets on 15:59 - Apr 19 with 2368 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 15:46 - Apr 19 by judd

Fook 'em.

The chip smugglers,United,will never be defeated. The chip smugglers, United ,will never be defeated. Fook it , I don't care anymore , I'm gonna go the full hog and buy a fish as well.

They'd better start to beef up the stewarding at the turnstiles again, this could get nasty
[Post edited 19 Apr 2016 16:01]
Season tickets on 16:04 - Apr 19 with 2345 viewspioneer

Bringing my grandson, does the willbutts chippy have an administration charge for serving chips to under 11s?
Season tickets on 16:08 - Apr 19 with 2319 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 16:04 - Apr 19 by pioneer

Bringing my grandson, does the willbutts chippy have an administration charge for serving chips to under 11s?

No, they charge extra for the camouflage wrapping though
Season tickets on 16:10 - Apr 19 with 2301 viewsroccydaleian

Season tickets on 15:58 - Apr 19 by judd

What, in a Jim'll Fix It kinda way?

Yeah, you can meet him in (Stuart) Hall.
Season tickets on 16:13 - Apr 19 with 2263 viewsjudd

Season tickets on 16:10 - Apr 19 by roccydaleian

Not Studds then?

Season tickets on 16:14 - Apr 19 with 2255 viewsdingdangblue

Season tickets on 16:10 - Apr 19 by roccydaleian

Its a Cock out ?

Season tickets on 16:15 - Apr 19 with 2233 viewsjudd

Season tickets on 16:14 - Apr 19 by dingdangblue

Its a Cock out ?

Look North Pest

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024