Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED 18:01 - Nov 6 with 40131 viewsKeithHaynes

It starts here.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58939

Wales' World Cup squad

Wales squad in full:

Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey, Danny Ward, Adam Davies.

Defenders: Ben Davies, Ben Cabango, Tom Lockyer, Joe Rodon, Chris Mepham, Ethan Ampadu, Chris Gunter, Neco Williams, Connor Roberts, Sorba Thomas.

Midfielders: Joe Allen, Matt Smith, Dylan Levitt, Joe Morrell, Jonny Williams, Aaron Ramsey.

Attackers: Harry Wilson, Rubin Colwill, Gareth Bale, Kieffer Moore, Mark Harris, Brennan Johnson, Daniel James.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58973

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 13:15 - Nov 7 with 15281 viewsbuilthjack

A huge week for Wales players to stay injury free.
Harry Wilson came off injured v Man City, no news yet.
Ramsey had a good 90 minutes in France.
Bale scored the crucial equaliser for his side, who went on to win the MLS Cup on penalties.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 16:33 - Nov 7 with 15211 viewstrampie

Fingers crossed on the injury front for our players, small nations typically can't afford many injuries due to a lack of strength in depth due having small populations/player base.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 16:58 - Nov 7 with 15227 viewsbuilthjack

JD Sports just can't get enough shirts made. They get 1000s in each week, and they are gone in hours.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 17:20 - Nov 7 with 15210 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58939

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 22:18 - Nov 7 with 15109 viewsowainglyndwr

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 16:58 - Nov 7 by builthjack

JD Sports just can't get enough shirts made. They get 1000s in each week, and they are gone in hours.

Apparently 22nd on sale in the shops but before that online,
Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 08:32 - Nov 8 with 15049 viewsjack247

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 13:15 - Nov 7 by builthjack

A huge week for Wales players to stay injury free.
Harry Wilson came off injured v Man City, no news yet.
Ramsey had a good 90 minutes in France.
Bale scored the crucial equaliser for his side, who went on to win the MLS Cup on penalties.

Made much worse by the fact there is a full league programme the weekend before the tournament starts. An innocuous little two week niggle could keep players out of the World Cup.
Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 20:30 - Nov 8 with 14942 viewsbonymine

Squad announcement tomorrow.

Fingers & everything else crossed we’ve got our full compliment of talent fit and raring to go …….

Two weeks tomorrow I’m flying out for the Iran & Ingerlund games hopefully we’ll get through to the knockout stages 🤞🙏🏼

Yma o Hyd 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿⚽️👊

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 20:44 - Nov 8 with 14929 viewsCatullus

Apparently Blatter lifted his head abve the parapet today to admit giving the tournament to Qatar was a mistake

Bit late there, Sepp.

This could be a good WC from a pure match perspective. There'll be world class stadia and no doubt very good pitches, no expense spared.

I just hope no Swansea players get injured in the making of this tournament.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 21:04 - Nov 8 with 14905 viewsKeithHaynes

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 20:44 - Nov 8 by Catullus

Apparently Blatter lifted his head abve the parapet today to admit giving the tournament to Qatar was a mistake

Bit late there, Sepp.

This could be a good WC from a pure match perspective. There'll be world class stadia and no doubt very good pitches, no expense spared.

I just hope no Swansea players get injured in the making of this tournament.

Money already banked, he can say what he likes now.

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 09:06 - Nov 9 with 14831 viewsbritferry

Wales squad announcement today at 7pm, it will be interesting to see what coverage it gets on the national press compared to you know whose announcement on Thursday at 2pm.

Nothing on BBC this morning apart from the LBGFTQRSNARTYNBX+ rights issues obviously

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 09:17 - Nov 9 with 14816 viewsKeithHaynes

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 09:06 - Nov 9 by britferry

Wales squad announcement today at 7pm, it will be interesting to see what coverage it gets on the national press compared to you know whose announcement on Thursday at 2pm.

Nothing on BBC this morning apart from the LBGFTQRSNARTYNBX+ rights issues obviously

They are clueless as to what is occurring.
It’s the usual England football frenzy which always leads to failure.

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 16:49 - Nov 9 with 14751 viewsbritferry

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 09:17 - Nov 9 by KeithHaynes

They are clueless as to what is occurring.
It’s the usual England football frenzy which always leads to failure.

Give Sky Sports their due's, we were the top story on the hour and they are going live to the announcement @ 7

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 19:12 - Nov 9 with 14682 viewsCountyJim

I'm disappointed thought Ollie would have made the squad
Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 19:16 - Nov 9 with 14668 viewsNotLoyal

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 19:12 - Nov 9 by CountyJim

I'm disappointed thought Ollie would have made the squad

When you look at two league 2 players included for sentimental reasons it really is gutting for him.
Let alone a league one player as well.

Plus Mark Harris what a joke he is.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 19:17]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 19:31 - Nov 9 with 14616 viewsWhiterockin

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 19:16 - Nov 9 by NotLoyal

When you look at two league 2 players included for sentimental reasons it really is gutting for him.
Let alone a league one player as well.

Plus Mark Harris what a joke he is.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 19:17]

Hang me out to dry if you like. But I can see the reason why, when Cooper is not an automatic starter for his club and was not in the Welsh squad to get us there.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 19:37 - Nov 9 with 14597 viewsKeithHaynes

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 19:31 - Nov 9 by Whiterockin

Hang me out to dry if you like. But I can see the reason why, when Cooper is not an automatic starter for his club and was not in the Welsh squad to get us there.

Ollie has more quality than at least five who go before him.
Page should do his job properly. He didn’t. Colwill as has been stated has played for fifteen odd minutes in two whatever months. There’s favouritism and it starts in the east.

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 19:39 - Nov 9 with 14577 viewsWhiterockin

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 19:37 - Nov 9 by KeithHaynes

Ollie has more quality than at least five who go before him.
Page should do his job properly. He didn’t. Colwill as has been stated has played for fifteen odd minutes in two whatever months. There’s favouritism and it starts in the east.

Agreed and he will be the bigger player, it's just the world cup has come a couple of months too soon for him.

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 19:40 - Nov 9 with 14571 viewsNotLoyal

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 19:39 - Nov 9 by Whiterockin

Agreed and he will be the bigger player, it's just the world cup has come a couple of months too soon for him.

Your opinion is right but like a few ive spoken to tonight league two players ffs.

OK I've changed it.

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 19:41 - Nov 9 with 14562 viewsWhiterockin

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 19:40 - Nov 9 by NotLoyal

Your opinion is right but like a few ive spoken to tonight league two players ffs.

Misplaced loyalty.

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 19:43 - Nov 9 with 14539 viewsNotLoyal

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 19:41 - Nov 9 by Whiterockin

Misplaced loyalty.

Let’s be honest your chasing the game against the sais and you have a choice between Cooper and Williams ?

OK I've changed it.

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 19:46 - Nov 9 with 14516 viewsWhiterockin

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 19:43 - Nov 9 by NotLoyal

Let’s be honest your chasing the game against the sais and you have a choice between Cooper and Williams ?

I'll be surprised if some of the squad get on the pitch, this will be the last squad selection for quite a few, no building for the future there.

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 21:11 - Nov 9 with 14448 viewsReslovenSwan1

Page has not been brutal. He has worked with Johnny Williams for 2-3 years. Telling Johnny he is not going for a guy that has been hot for 2-3 months is a big job for a nice guy like Page.

Lets face it we have no chance of winning the thing. He has stuck with who he knows. Colwill looks like a generational talent to me. Harris is a grafter and come throught the system alongside Woodburn, Broadhead Cullen and Tyler Roberts none of whom have kicked on as expected.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 21:27 - Nov 9 with 14428 viewsonehunglow

At least Ollie won’t get injured and miss his priority which is to perform for those who pay his wages .
Cabango won’t be played as a full back though

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 21:44 - Nov 9 with 14416 viewsReslovenSwan1

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 09:06 - Nov 9 by britferry

I like a bacon sandwich in the morning about twice a week. Qataris are against pork eating for religious reasons. In a sense pork eaters are being discriminated against.

I reckon I could get a nice bacon roll in one of those fancy hotels suited to foreigners, If I went out, on the other hand, with a banner suggesting Arabs and Muslims should start eating pork I would expect to get arrested. I guess I could go without for a week or two but why should I.? I hope Bales goes out and has "i love all Welsh farming meats" on his armband.

Is Drakeford going to seriously get Qatar to buy Welsh bacon.?No offence intended to any groups. It is a debating point. We in Resolven always like to challenge the broad narrative. Being logical and reasonable is the mantra up the misty valley.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 21:49]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread on 22:20 - Nov 9 with 14355 viewsmajorraglan

My personal view is that there are 2 or 3 players who are very, very lucky to be on that plane. Quite a few have grated over the years but are now past their prime. I suspect Page has gone for a steady approach and is taking the players who’ve settled in to the squad over time as opposed to bringing in new faces which could unsteady the ship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024