Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever 12:59 - Mar 16 with 3212 viewsR_from_afar

I haven't given up hope of us surviving but our goose is pretty much cooked and we are close to requiring snookers to stay up.

Rather than sinking into a mire of finger-pointing, bitter post-mortems, moaning, and angry "We want our Rangers back" protests, why don't we turn the remainder of this fag end of a season into a good natured, irony and gallows humour filled party?

Who knows, it might even give our hapless players a lift.

Let's show the rest of the football world that QPR and it's fans are a breed apart by giving them nine games of memorable chants about SWP, our crocks, our finest team the world has ever seen, and how we won't be playing the opposition again.

Let's make ourselves the gold standard when it comes to coping manfully and cheerfully with the grim awfulness of potential relegation.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 13:21 - Mar 16 with 3190 viewsstowmarketrange

I agree mate.I was tempted to not bother with any more away games this season,but after seeing the video of the singing at HT on Saturday,I'll be looking to book up for more punishment in the coming months.
If only we could get the message through to the players to be 3-0 down at ht in every game,we can have a proper party and enjoy ourselves in the 2nd half.Although I don't think we need to tell them that much.

You're right though,most of us can see that if there are 3 worse teams than us in the Premier League,we haven't got anything to worry about,but I can't think of 1 let alone 3,so we might as well enjoy it while it lasts.
Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 17:08 - Mar 16 with 3108 viewskropotkin41

I more or less decided to come up to London for the Everton game because it might be the last Premiership game I see at HQ for a long long time (or ever)............ might as well enjoy these 9 games because we might never be back.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 18:04 - Mar 16 with 3067 viewsBedfordR

RFA - that is the best post I have read in a long time!

Let's enjoy football again! Sod the results, let's just have fun being QPR
Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 18:12 - Mar 16 with 3050 viewsR_from_afar

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 18:04 - Mar 16 by BedfordR

RFA - that is the best post I have read in a long time!

Let's enjoy football again! Sod the results, let's just have fun being QPR

You're too kind.

I think a lot of other recent posts have been driving in the same direction as my thread, to be honest, and judging by the Palace match review, it sounds like Rs fans are already showing their ability to laugh through the pain (the "Off, off" chants at SWP when he committed a foul, for example).

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 18:13 - Mar 16 with 3047 viewsMytch_QPR

The way I see it: if we stay up it'll be a miracle, but I'll keep hoping and encouraging the team at the games I can attend. Looking forward to Championship football next season as I think it will give the club an opportunity to start afresh with some of the deadwood off the books - plus cheaper tickets!

It's really not worth losing sleep over.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 19:12 - Mar 16 with 3008 viewsQPR1882

Did the happy drop zone bit at Forest, fancy dress, pineapple on his head, chearing there goals did the lot.

That was before the in house fighting we get at away games nowadays .

Football used to be fun until money spoiled it
Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 19:48 - Mar 16 with 2966 viewsCHUBBS

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 17:08 - Mar 16 by kropotkin41

I more or less decided to come up to London for the Everton game because it might be the last Premiership game I see at HQ for a long long time (or ever)............ might as well enjoy these 9 games because we might never be back.

That's the spirit Krop.
As for me I'm gonna spend the last few months relentlessly moaning and coating off all the useless lazy shits that have fcuked us over.
F@ck cheerful bravado
Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 19:58 - Mar 16 with 2951 viewsFirehoop

Agree with this post, could be a long time before we see top flight football again so let's enjoy it while it lasts gents !
Login to get fewer ads

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 20:09 - Mar 16 with 2929 viewskropotkin41

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 19:48 - Mar 16 by CHUBBS

That's the spirit Krop.
As for me I'm gonna spend the last few months relentlessly moaning and coating off all the useless lazy shits that have fcuked us over.
F@ck cheerful bravado

Well, there is that, Chubbs.

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 20:34 - Mar 16 with 2889 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 19:48 - Mar 16 by CHUBBS

That's the spirit Krop.
F@ck cheerful bravado

Made me chuckle anyway!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 21:31 - Mar 16 with 2846 viewsted_hendrix

Hello everybody peeps.

On this occasion of footballing festivities you'll have to delete my name from the guest list, you see like the previous poster who had a pineapple on his head at florist I too have tried so hard to join in our relegation parties, walking out of the florist game that day I thought bolox I aint doing this again, but I did in fact earlier that season at Newcastle I managed to get warned by the police for celebrating like a maniac when Ian Holloway put us 1-0 up and that led me to believe that we could pull off the great escape only for elephant man (the cnt) to score two late goals which in effect pretty much relegated us, after elephant man scored his second goal that was enough for for silly old me and I got arrested and in all sorts of trouble with Newcastle's law establishment and about 300 Geordies to my right hand side who wanted to kill me.
Oh what fun we had that day and other days that we traveled around this fine Country of ours doing our bit for our football club.
Never did I think it could get worse but it did, away to Reading a couple of seasons ago I sat in the away end and witnessed what must have been the most miserable pile of footballing non entity in my bloody life, two fcking shite teams about to get relegated kicking a football at each others knees for 93 bastard minutes of torture, summed by a poster on here who was sat two rows in front of me who turned round looked at me and said plain and simple "For fcks sake" That was how bad it was, never did I think it could get worse but it did.

I can safely say that this is one of the worst seasons if not the worst I've ever witnessed watching QPR, within a split second of Tottenhams fourth goal going in at WHL Its got steadily worse.
I'd love to join in and have the craic with you blokes as we sail down the various football leagues, I dont have the T shirt but yes I've been there seen It and done It quite a few times in fact but not anymore, its so bastard expensive too-i'm not skint but the wallet that holds my loyalty to this club is, its fcking empty.

Absolutely no dis-respect to you RFA and you're thread, I know where you're coming from but I've got myself in a bit of a stew over our players, they our various Managers and the people at the helm at this club have have collectively pissed me off for far too long, the bastards.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 21:49 - Mar 16 with 2825 viewskropotkin41

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 21:31 - Mar 16 by ted_hendrix

Hello everybody peeps.

On this occasion of footballing festivities you'll have to delete my name from the guest list, you see like the previous poster who had a pineapple on his head at florist I too have tried so hard to join in our relegation parties, walking out of the florist game that day I thought bolox I aint doing this again, but I did in fact earlier that season at Newcastle I managed to get warned by the police for celebrating like a maniac when Ian Holloway put us 1-0 up and that led me to believe that we could pull off the great escape only for elephant man (the cnt) to score two late goals which in effect pretty much relegated us, after elephant man scored his second goal that was enough for for silly old me and I got arrested and in all sorts of trouble with Newcastle's law establishment and about 300 Geordies to my right hand side who wanted to kill me.
Oh what fun we had that day and other days that we traveled around this fine Country of ours doing our bit for our football club.
Never did I think it could get worse but it did, away to Reading a couple of seasons ago I sat in the away end and witnessed what must have been the most miserable pile of footballing non entity in my bloody life, two fcking shite teams about to get relegated kicking a football at each others knees for 93 bastard minutes of torture, summed by a poster on here who was sat two rows in front of me who turned round looked at me and said plain and simple "For fcks sake" That was how bad it was, never did I think it could get worse but it did.

I can safely say that this is one of the worst seasons if not the worst I've ever witnessed watching QPR, within a split second of Tottenhams fourth goal going in at WHL Its got steadily worse.
I'd love to join in and have the craic with you blokes as we sail down the various football leagues, I dont have the T shirt but yes I've been there seen It and done It quite a few times in fact but not anymore, its so bastard expensive too-i'm not skint but the wallet that holds my loyalty to this club is, its fcking empty.

Absolutely no dis-respect to you RFA and you're thread, I know where you're coming from but I've got myself in a bit of a stew over our players, they our various Managers and the people at the helm at this club have have collectively pissed me off for far too long, the bastards.

Heartfelt and unarguable really. I approach taking my boy to LR next Sunday more with a sense of doom than anything else............ but still, I shall endeavour to enjoy what may very well be my last Premier League game for a very long time........... because I shan't be taking the jaunt down to Swansea any time soon just to watch the "best league in the world"! F*ck that!

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 21:52 - Mar 16 with 2818 viewsTacticalR

He's not got a pineapple on his head.

Air hostess clique

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 22:09 - Mar 16 with 2801 viewspaulparker

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 21:31 - Mar 16 by ted_hendrix

Hello everybody peeps.

Bang on Ted
Nothing to laugh about this season , it's another c0ck up
I knew the writing was on the wall when I was stupid enough to go to Burton away this year
We were utter sh1t & embarrsing that night , TF should have sacked Bagpuss right there and then
This was followed up with abject surrenders at Man Utd, Everton, Spurs,Burnley, Arsenal , Swansea and worst of the lot West Ham
If we had spent the money Burnley did showed the same plucky spirit then yes we could all don silly wigs and jesters hats and enjoy it
But this is 2 successive PL relegations and its the same mistakes as before , its p1ss poor TBH
TF is lucky he isn't getting the Richard Thompson treatment

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 22:41 - Mar 16 with 2762 viewsted_hendrix

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 22:09 - Mar 16 by paulparker

Bang on Ted
I knew the writing was on the wall when I was stupid enough to go to Burton away this year
We were utter sh1t & embarrsing that night , TF should have sacked Bagpuss right there and then
This was followed up with abject surrenders at Man Utd, Everton, Spurs,Burnley, Arsenal , Swansea and worst of the lot West Ham
If we had spent the money Burnley did showed the same plucky spirit then yes we could all don silly wigs and jesters hats and enjoy it
But this is 2 successive PL relegations and its the same mistakes as before , its p1ss poor TBH

Look I don't want to sound like the miserable bastard I'm beginning to sound like i'm becoming
But like I said on another thread the other day I cant put my finger on it but I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd say crap things about our club, how the fck have we managed to balls up our spending in such an appalling way?
For what seems like Years we never had a pot to piss in then all of a sudden Mr Loadsamoney walks in the door and we're 'wedged up' what do we do? vomit all of Mr bloody Loadsamoney's money down the bleeding toilet pan, not sure if that makes sense or not
Anyway, enough already, have a laugh do that silly conga dance like we done at Bolton s ground that day when we unexpectadly won 1-0 jump around be daft sing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 22:43 - Mar 16 with 2757 viewsTacticalR

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 22:41 - Mar 16 by ted_hendrix

Look I don't want to sound like the miserable bastard I'm beginning to sound like i'm becoming
But like I said on another thread the other day I cant put my finger on it but I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd say crap things about our club, how the fck have we managed to balls up our spending in such an appalling way?
For what seems like Years we never had a pot to piss in then all of a sudden Mr Loadsamoney walks in the door and we're 'wedged up' what do we do? vomit all of Mr bloody Loadsamoney's money down the bleeding toilet pan, not sure if that makes sense or not
Anyway, enough already, have a laugh do that silly conga dance like we done at Bolton s ground that day when we unexpectadly won 1-0 jump around be daft sing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The weird thing about the debts is that it feels like we've got the hangover without having been to the party.

Air hostess clique

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 22:51 - Mar 16 with 2746 viewsPunteR

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 22:43 - Mar 16 by TacticalR

The weird thing about the debts is that it feels like we've got the hangover without having been to the party.

Well put.
Its also a case of not knowing wether to laugh or cry at predicament.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 23:02 - Mar 16 with 2733 viewsRs_Holy

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 22:09 - Mar 16 by paulparker

Bang on Ted

I chucked in my season ticket about 10 years ago now... The season Holloway was sacked and Waddock took over.
Every season since then I have had a membership and to be honest I'm glad I did... I go about a dozen times a season now, a few times more if it's a good season, a few times less if it's like this season. If nothing else it makes attending a bit more special and even if we are sh1t you appreciate the whole experience a bit more.
Massive respect to those who keep going (particularly away games), but I find it too depressing having to turn up week after week, defeat after defeat, Watching players like RsWiPer and the Toilet masquerading as pro footballers.
That said, I will be singing my heart out at the scum game and will appreciate being at Loftus Road against the old enemy. The gallows humour at Selhurst Park was the highlight of the match for me.
I love my team, my club and always will but for the sake of my sanity it's more of an affair now than a full on marriage.
Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 23:17 - Mar 16 with 2723 viewsRANGERS4EVER

We saw a glimpse of it on Saturday. Southampton, West Ham, and Stoke away, were thoroughly depressing, fighting, arguing, no atmosphere, whereas on Saturday, there was the same shite on the pitch, but it was a much better atmosphere in the away stand. Some funny songs, singing for swp to be sent off, the 'we never win away' chant, still singing at 3-0 down. Even though it was still a depressing game, it was still a nice away game than most away games this season

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 08:57 - Mar 17 with 2622 viewsdodge_stoke_r

In answer to the original post, I think that if we play like we did on Sunday for many more games then no we won't stay up. But we weren't that bad against both Spurs and Arsenal. With things still tight down another bottom, a couple of wins can make a big difference. Just a few weeks ago, I personally thought Villa were dead and buried. But a couple of wins later and it's all's roses again. It's going to be hard but if we give up hope, than how can we complain when the players do.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 13:55]
Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 12:36 - Mar 17 with 2551 viewsR_from_afar

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 22:41 - Mar 16 by ted_hendrix

The last few years have been such a bitter pill to swallow. We survived by the skin of our teeth under Hughesless, things looked promising for the following season, then we massively blew it.

Against all the odds, we hauled ourselves back into the Prem last season and once again, we had a chance. Surely we would grab it with both hands this time, I (we?) thought. But no, lazy, self-obsessed Redknapp and his goons and the "bonus culture" have left us with a huge mountain to climb. Horrible.

RFA

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 14:04 - Mar 17 with 2492 viewskropotkin41

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 12:36 - Mar 17 by R_from_afar

The last few years have been such a bitter pill to swallow. We survived by the skin of our teeth under Hughesless, things looked promising for the following season, then we massively blew it.

Against all the odds, we hauled ourselves back into the Prem last season and once again, we had a chance. Surely we would grab it with both hands this time, I (we?) thought. But no, lazy, self-obsessed Redknapp and his goons and the "bonus culture" have left us with a huge mountain to climb. Horrible.

RFA

It's taken some doing to blow it this season, it really has.........

Missed penalty against Hull and then Barton getting sent off - just those things cost us maybe 4 points..........

...... and if we could have arranged for all games to stop after 85 minutes we'd be mid-table.

Shockingly bad because there really are 3 teams worse than us BUT we DESERVE to get relegated.

Let's make history by being the most cheerful, good humoured drop zone fans ever on 18:16 - Mar 17 with 2422 viewsJuzzie

I'm in the Ted camp too. Again, nothing wrong with the OP or people wanting to party but I just don't want to be some happy-clappy Palace Ultra who still sings when 3-0 down at home.

Football is about emotions and my emotions are run ragged with the dire s**t we've been put through the last 3-4 years. They’re ragged because I care. If I wanted happy-clappy I’d go to some Christian convention.

It costs a lot of money, a lot, and yes I understand there are no guarantees but it's the unbelievable mismanagement of huge sums of money hoovered up by appalling players and utter incompetence of previous managers who have acquired said appalling players.

I was also at Reading too for that 0-0 and it was indeed the most excruciating 90 minutes of football. A win for either team would have given that team a glimmer of hope but neither of the bastard teams could muster anything that day, that's how much they cared.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024