Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … 02:27 - Jul 11 with 5180 viewsKeithHaynes

We were sitting on news of a midfield arrival on Sunday, and I have to say I’m glad we did. It’s not about being first it’s about being accurate. And fair play Liam did some astonishing work on the Franco signing. He has a year left on his agreement to be with us as we do his CPD for his university course, I have to say there is more likelihood of him being retained for an extra year than Jamie Paterson.

On Sunday, (it’s on the news page ) we said this. Sometimes we do rely on our readers to ‘read’ between the lines. Once again, as we saw on Tuesday, Franco came to fruition. That’s below.

On Sunday we called a halt to all this willy waving nonsense you see from certain Twitter accounts, some who seem very well informed in hindsight. In fact it’s been our common strategy for 18 months. We will do the odd exclusive. But this time of year people forget the news of a few days ago, social media isn’t really good for you, it’s a bitter and twisted place and confuses many.

What we have before us today is information on a goalkeeper and forward / striker, and that by next Thursday ‘the hope’ will be they can be ready for the Austrian training camp. On Eom Ji-Sung and Franco it’s been suggested that the club may well favour a double signing press release. Both are here by all accounts and both should be announced very shortly. Yes there can be hiccups, in the case of Eom those have melted away, however we’ve been informed Gwangju FC are still believing he is their player, despite the deal being signed. I suppose their enthusiasm for him to do well and know everything about him settling in Wales isn’t helping. But he isn’t their player, and yes we were right when we speculated on the Eom deal and the possibility it was so drawn out and difficult with Gwangju FC being extremely frustrating. We’ve been told the work put in by the Swans took so long and was so protracted it’s up there with any signing the club has gone through in the last six years. That to the extent Swans head coach, Luke Williams provided them with a complete training picture, and how he would be using Eom in the first team. The finances as well were very drawn out as our reports on the news page will display. We shouldn’t forget the clubs (in South Korea) officials wanting to draw out the signing even longer by having more discussions in person.

Thankfully that was the straw that broke the Swans back and they put their foot down firmly.

Franco has been a lot easier, hence us being told he is actually here for his medical part two. By ‘here’ we have to assume Swansea. We have been told his fee is agreed as is his salary, so the medical procedure should be completed within the next 24 hours. We do hope the Swans get in next weeks two targets sharpish, we did report Luke wanted all his key players in Austria with him, and the club seem to be trying to make that happen.

That’s it folks

I’m going to the beach. Obviously not at the time of writing, it’s too dark.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 07:11 - Jul 11 with 4073 viewsunion_jack

Sounds much more promising thank goodness. Let’s keep 🤞🤞

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 07:52 - Jul 11 with 4025 viewsAzzuriswan

Thanks for your constant updates Keith. I have learnt over the years with all the transfer speculation and players at Rossis waiting for their agents to turn up before the signings that the players are not ours until they are actually shown in the club shirt or holding the scarf aloft..
🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 08:38 - Jul 11 with 3931 viewsdobjack2

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 07:52 - Jul 11 by Azzuriswan

Thanks for your constant updates Keith. I have learnt over the years with all the transfer speculation and players at Rossis waiting for their agents to turn up before the signings that the players are not ours until they are actually shown in the club shirt or holding the scarf aloft..

I know it was a long time ago, was Dean Leacock photographed in a Swans shirt before his transfer broke down?
🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 09:25 - Jul 11 with 3857 views3swan

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 08:38 - Jul 11 by dobjack2

I know it was a long time ago, was Dean Leacock photographed in a Swans shirt before his transfer broke down?

Even further back so memory not so clear.

Ray Wallace joined us from Leeds on loan, played 2 matches but then something was highlighted with the loan agreement and he went back to Leeds
🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 10:12 - Jul 11 with 3662 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 09:25 - Jul 11 by 3swan

Ray Wallace joined us from Leeds on loan, played 2 matches but then something was highlighted with the loan agreement and he went back to Leeds

David Seal 😮

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 10:15 - Jul 11 with 3648 viewsraynor94

Reminds me of the Robin Sharpe days

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 10:30 - Jul 11 with 3602 viewsmagicdaps10

Robin Sharpe faxed the documents through after the deadline.......pretty sure he missed it by 2 mins.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 10:32 - Jul 11 with 3594 viewsmagicdaps10

That's a blast from the past.

99% done with him, one of the treatment team whilst walking behind him realised he was walking weirdly and a further few tests showed up an issue that the club decided was not worth the money they were going to spend.

Login to get fewer ads

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 10:35 - Jul 11 with 3588 viewsmagicdaps10

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 10:12 - Jul 11 by KeithHaynes

David Seal 😮

Remind me, what happened there?

100k from Northampton but for the life of me can't remember what the cause of that one falling through was.

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 10:37 - Jul 11 with 3578 viewsmagicdaps10

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 10:15 - Jul 11 by raynor94

Reminds me of the Robin Sharpe days

They were brilliant days 😂

I got a story that I wish I could tell about a guy I know being asked to be the chairman by Huw Jenkins before he eventually took over.
He would have made Robin look like Batman 🙈

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 11:01 - Jul 11 with 3511 viewshobo

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 10:35 - Jul 11 by magicdaps10

Remind me, what happened there?

100k from Northampton but for the life of me can't remember what the cause of that one falling through was.

Pretty sure it was Bristol City we were trying to sign him from. He then joined Northampton (just after they'd beaten us in the playoffs too!)
🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 11:08 - Jul 11 with 3471 viewsmagicdaps10

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 11:01 - Jul 11 by hobo

Pretty sure it was Bristol City we were trying to sign him from. He then joined Northampton (just after they'd beaten us in the playoffs too!)

Yes, I think you are spot on there.

My mind is very clouded about that one but funnily enough it's very clear on the Wallace saga given that was 5/6yrs earlier.

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 11:43 - Jul 11 with 3364 viewsMad_Mike

Leacock was on the touchline at a preseason game at Carmarthen.
🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 13:43 - Jul 11 with 3055 viewsplannerjack

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 11:08 - Jul 11 by magicdaps10

Yes, I think you are spot on there.

My mind is very clouded about that one but funnily enough it's very clear on the Wallace saga given that was 5/6yrs earlier.

Yes, he was at Bristol City.

From memory, we (Doug Sharpe) agreed terms and wages with him and then moved the goalposts (pardon the pun) when we wrote up his contract. The deal then fell through
🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 14:08 - Jul 11 with 2958 viewsmagicdaps10

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 13:43 - Jul 11 by plannerjack

From memory, we (Doug Sharpe) agreed terms and wages with him and then moved the goalposts (pardon the pun) when we wrote up his contract. The deal then fell through

He done similar with Carl Harris.

Agreed verbally, came to signing the contract and Harris noticed something missing and Sharpe went against his original promise and deal fell through due to it.

Simple thing it was......transporting all his goods from his current one to a new one in Neath.
Money was a lot tighter then for both club and player.

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 17:00 - Jul 11 with 2617 viewsglanmORJa_k

As good at times Doug was for the club he was incredibly single minded when contract issues distracted him. Robbie James was stuffed over Doug deny he had given the promise that Doug would pay Robbie's stamp duty while a former Bolton full back Gary Earnshaw was pictured in the Swans team pre-season photo call yet didn't play a game for the club.
🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 17:24 - Jul 11 with 2552 viewsReslovenSwan1

Darnel Situ signed and never played. Touted as a highly promising French centre back. Played a bit in the u21 and then left. One the bench for the historic escape at Crawley in r the 2013 Carabao cup win.

He played more for France underage teams than any club.
[Post edited 11 Jul 17:28]

Wise sage since Toshack era

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 19:08 - Jul 11 with 2311 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 13:43 - Jul 11 by plannerjack

That correct mate, I recall Dougie moved a nought from his salary or said the weekly wage was a monthly wage. Scoundrel 😂

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 19:11 - Jul 11 with 2302 viewsmagicdaps10

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 17:00 - Jul 11 by glanmORJa_k

As good at times Doug was for the club he was incredibly single minded when contract issues distracted him. Robbie James was stuffed over Doug deny he had given the promise that Doug would pay Robbie's stamp duty while a former Bolton full back Gary Earnshaw was pictured in the Swans team pre-season photo call yet didn't play a game for the club.

Gary Henshaw.
God I remember that 😁

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 19:54 - Jul 11 with 2214 viewsKeithHaynes

Dougie also at the helm with Frank Burrows and Ian Evans ?

Jon Ford, class player.
Des Lyttle
John Williams
John Hughes
Paul Chalmers
Can’t remember the other one who came as well.
John Cornforth 👍

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 20:03 - Jul 11 with 2162 viewsraynor94

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 19:54 - Jul 11 by KeithHaynes

Jon Ford, class player.
Des Lyttle
John Williams
John Hughes
Paul Chalmers
John Cornforth 👍

Keith Walker

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 21:03 - Jul 11 with 2003 viewstheloneranger

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 19:54 - Jul 11 by KeithHaynes

Jon Ford, class player.
Des Lyttle
John Williams
John Hughes
Paul Chalmers
John Cornforth 👍

Lee Chapman

Jan Molby

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 21:48 - Jul 11 with 1865 viewsraynor94

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 21:03 - Jul 11 by theloneranger

Lee Chapman

Jan Molby

Terry Connor and Jimmy Gilligan

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 03:24 - Jul 12 with 1614 viewsKeithHaynes

Aiden Newhouse
Stewart Phillips 😂

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 08:20 - Jul 12 with 1402 viewsDaggyjack

🔴 Swans News Update signings etc … on 14:08 - Jul 11 by magicdaps10

He done similar with Carl Harris.

Agreed verbally, came to signing the contract and Harris noticed something missing and Sharpe went against his original promise and deal fell through due to it.

Simple thing it was......transporting all his goods from his current one to a new one in Neath.
Money was a lot tighter then for both club and player.

Perhaps that's why Carl Harris became a removal man
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024