Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celar 21:38 - Sep 17 with 9591 viewshopekillsyou

Is he underwhelming or am I missing something?
I’d really like to be impressed but I’m struggling.
Celar on 21:50 - Sep 17 with 4447 viewsstrikerace

We basically played with 10 men. Surely there must be an U21 striker who can play instead
Celar on 21:56 - Sep 17 with 4361 viewsHooping_Mad

Celar on 21:50 - Sep 17 by strikerace

We basically played with 10 men. Surely there must be an U21 striker who can play instead

Sold him to Bristol. We have another striker Kelman he's out on loan because he's definitely not another Conner W.

That was a shocking performance, the commentator was calling it out ffs!

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Celar on 21:56 - Sep 17 with 4361 viewsqprmeath21

When Frey was struggling he absolutely still busted a gut for the cause, I’m not seeing that with Celar. Too early to write him off but you’d imagine Alfie must be nearly ahead of him now
Celar on 22:00 - Sep 17 with 4308 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Here we go.
Celar on 22:02 - Sep 17 with 4273 viewsbosh67

Needs time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Celar on 22:05 - Sep 17 with 4236 viewsThe_Beast1976

Celar on 21:56 - Sep 17 by Hooping_Mad

Sold him to Bristol. We have another striker Kelman he's out on loan because he's definitely not another Conner W.

That was a shocking performance, the commentator was calling it out ffs!

Said after the first game of the season. There is absolutely nothing that suggests he is even remotely close to being a decent footballer. Doesnt run. Doesnt tackle. Doesn't head the ball. Barely touches the ball in fact. Absolute waste of time. Should never play again. Complete waste of a shirt
Celar on 22:06 - Sep 17 with 4212 viewsThe_Beast1976

Celar on 22:02 - Sep 17 by bosh67

Needs time.

Time to do what exactly? He offers zero. Zilch. Nada. Not even a glimmer of something. Absolutely useless.
Celar on 22:11 - Sep 17 with 4119 viewsstainrods_elbow

I'm starting to wonder if we're too inept to service him, or the players just don't want to. At least he missed some chances, one a little unluckily, at LR in his last league game. Alfie is surely in front of him right now, either way.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Login to get fewer ads

Celar on 22:14 - Sep 17 with 4096 viewsbosh67

Celar on 22:06 - Sep 17 by The_Beast1976

Time to do what exactly? He offers zero. Zilch. Nada. Not even a glimmer of something. Absolutely useless.

I said the same after the first handful of games Les Ferdinand played. I'm not saying he will be any good but he's played a handful of matches.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Celar on 22:14 - Sep 17 with 4096 viewsHooping_Mad

Celar on 22:11 - Sep 17 by stainrods_elbow

I'm starting to wonder if we're too inept to service him, or the players just don't want to. At least he missed some chances, one a little unluckily, at LR in his last league game. Alfie is surely in front of him right now, either way.

Yes Lloyd has a pulse he should be in front of him.

Lloyd plays with a smile, Zan looks terrified of grass.

Celar on 22:19 - Sep 17 with 4024 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I don't get some people on here, they are almost willing him to fail.
A month ago it was Hevertton, who apparently Marti thought was no good. Looks pretty good now.
Varane very good tonight.

Maybe support new players rather than writing them off after 6 games.
Celar on 22:20 - Sep 17 with 4006 viewssdm1508

Celar on 22:05 - Sep 17 by The_Beast1976

Said after the first game of the season. There is absolutely nothing that suggests he is even remotely close to being a decent footballer. Doesnt run. Doesnt tackle. Doesn't head the ball. Barely touches the ball in fact. Absolute waste of time. Should never play again. Complete waste of a shirt

That first sentence says it all and the rest of the paragraph can be ignored. You made you conclusions after the first game. I you a fan from a other team just trolling for people to take the bait or just don't talk any sense at all. I've noticed you make a comment or start a thread with something outlandish and then go quiet until the next time
Celar on 22:24 - Sep 17 with 3922 viewsHooping_Mad

Celar on 22:19 - Sep 17 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I don't get some people on here, they are almost willing him to fail.
A month ago it was Hevertton, who apparently Marti thought was no good. Looks pretty good now.
Varane very good tonight.

Maybe support new players rather than writing them off after 6 games.

Why do people feel so comfortable projecting their feelings and opinions onto others?

I would absolutely love a cheap bargain striker to arrive from overseas and light the place up, I just don't see any sign of it.

Controlling when and what people say is the job of a censor and this is a forum for opinions.

Yes, Verane looked a lot better.

Now stop trolling.
[Post edited 17 Sep 22:26]

Celar on 22:26 - Sep 17 with 3885 viewsLoft1979

So, I (of course ) looked for his performance at the int break and saw he had an assist. I see him as a very different striker from Frey and possibly NOT the lone striker QPR are requiring for the 4-2-3-1 formation.
Celar on 22:27 - Sep 17 with 3860 viewsrbee

Give Celar some time yet. Each week that passes he is getting used to living in the UK. Each training session he is getting used to Championship level football. He looks to be snatching at any chances that come his way. Hopefully a simple tap in will set him on his way. Time will tell.
Celar on 22:28 - Sep 17 with 3856 viewsThe_Beast1976

Celar on 22:20 - Sep 17 by sdm1508

That first sentence says it all and the rest of the paragraph can be ignored. You made you conclusions after the first game. I you a fan from a other team just trolling for people to take the bait or just don't talk any sense at all. I've noticed you make a comment or start a thread with something outlandish and then go quiet until the next time

No, I've just been to the game tonight and utterly dismayed by what I've seen (yet again) from Celar. I never want to see Celar play for us again unless and until he is at least prepared to stick his foot and/or head in a few times. He looks completely disinterested.

Alfie Lloyd, on the other hand, looks like he could have something. Alfie should now be ahead of him in the pecking order
[Post edited 17 Sep 22:31]
Celar on 22:30 - Sep 17 with 3801 viewsLogman

Celar on 22:26 - Sep 17 by Loft1979

So, I (of course ) looked for his performance at the int break and saw he had an assist. I see him as a very different striker from Frey and possibly NOT the lone striker QPR are requiring for the 4-2-3-1 formation.

He isn't up to the lone striker role in any way, shape or form. Which is worrying because Marti will stick with it. Not sure what we are going to do with him, if I'm being honest.
Celar (n/t) on 22:30 - Sep 17 with 3803 viewshopekillsyou

Celar on 22:26 - Sep 17 by Loft1979

I think that’s right. As a lone striker he doesn’t look comfortable. I’m not familiar with his pre QPR career and what brought the best out of him. His anticipation and positioning suggests he’s still adjusting to the English game generally and the Championship specifically.
Maybe the lad will come good.
[Post edited 17 Sep 22:46]
Celar on 22:34 - Sep 17 with 3736 viewsHooping_Mad

Celar on 22:30 - Sep 17 by Logman

He isn't up to the lone striker role in any way, shape or form. Which is worrying because Marti will stick with it. Not sure what we are going to do with him, if I'm being honest.

European loan in January would be where my money goes

Celar on 22:37 - Sep 17 with 3701 viewsmart_Goblin

Needs time ….must be patient …the goals will come .

I tend to agree with all of that . But for those things to happen he has to to start making the right decisions especially with his movement .
Prime example was with 5 mins to go. Lloyd looks up, Celar is running in behind and just as Lloyd draws his foot back to play the through ball , Celar checks his run and ducks behind the defender making it look like a poor pass . It wasn’t if he just does what he should do .

He did it 4 times tonight , twice when Ashby looked up to play into his feet . Made a run then changed his mind at the last minute .

He’s a penalty box striker and I’m not sure he suits the way we play
Celar on 22:38 - Sep 17 with 3686 viewssdm1508

Celar on 22:28 - Sep 17 by The_Beast1976

No, I've just been to the game tonight and utterly dismayed by what I've seen (yet again) from Celar. I never want to see Celar play for us again unless and until he is at least prepared to stick his foot and/or head in a few times. He looks completely disinterested.

Alfie Lloyd, on the other hand, looks like he could have something. Alfie should now be ahead of him in the pecking order
[Post edited 17 Sep 22:31]

Same Alfie Lloyd some people said needed a potential loan after a ropey appearance
Celar on 22:41 - Sep 17 with 3645 viewsHooping_Mad

Celar on 22:37 - Sep 17 by mart_Goblin

Needs time ….must be patient …the goals will come .

I tend to agree with all of that . But for those things to happen he has to to start making the right decisions especially with his movement .
Prime example was with 5 mins to go. Lloyd looks up, Celar is running in behind and just as Lloyd draws his foot back to play the through ball , Celar checks his run and ducks behind the defender making it look like a poor pass . It wasn’t if he just does what he should do .

He did it 4 times tonight , twice when Ashby looked up to play into his feet . Made a run then changed his mind at the last minute .

He’s a penalty box striker and I’m not sure he suits the way we play

You must have seen him more than me, is he developing any understanding of what he should be doing?

Celar on 22:46 - Sep 17 with 3554 viewsstowmarketrange

Celar on 22:27 - Sep 17 by rbee

Give Celar some time yet. Each week that passes he is getting used to living in the UK. Each training session he is getting used to Championship level football. He looks to be snatching at any chances that come his way. Hopefully a simple tap in will set him on his way. Time will tell.

Are the goals smaller over here then?I’d prefer Frey with no boots on rather than Celar at the moment.
Their back 4 should’ve been put under a bit more pressure that we managed to do in the 2nd half.
Celar on 22:49 - Sep 17 with 3479 viewsGuppy22

He’s just come against an England international in defence and he’s getting written off already. He’s got himself in the right places several times and just needs that first chance to go in, he took his time to settle at his previous club and then scored goals. Maybe after 10-15 games write him off and not after facing the bloke that played every game in the euros bar one
Celar on 22:53 - Sep 17 with 3317 viewsNorthantsHoop

At the moment Frey is the main man, Celar looks a bit lost at this level at the moment. We have to give him time so far a bit underwhelming, may come good hopefully.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024