Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City 21:00 - Sep 12 with 7234 viewsted_hendrix

In court Monday, 115 charges for allegedly breaking the financial rules.

Hmm well we'll see.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Man City on 21:10 - Sep 12 with 3977 viewscolinallcars

They've been accused of not spending enough money.
Man City on 21:16 - Sep 12 with 3939 viewszicoshoops

Ted……
You know and I know, we’re looking at a 15 point deduction. 😳
Man City on 21:33 - Sep 12 with 3862 viewsHayesender

The worst they'll get will be a fine, and it won't be anywhere near what we got fined

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Man City on 21:57 - Sep 12 with 3755 views222gers

Strictly entre nous (tapping side of nose with right index finger), I reckon they'll get away with it.
[Post edited 12 Sep 22:06]
Man City on 00:03 - Sep 13 with 3486 viewsBoston

It's a rigged game.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Man City on 02:21 - Sep 13 with 3360 viewsnumptydumpty

I look forward to seeing De Bruyne, Foden and Stone playing in National League North.

Anyhow that is about the minimum that should happen...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Man City on 05:35 - Sep 13 with 3232 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

They'll get a points deduction and fine, then appeal and it will all be reduced.
I am almost as cynical about football as politics. And that actually makes me feel sad and angry.
Man City on 07:33 - Sep 13 with 3091 viewsSK_hoops

Man City on 21:16 - Sep 12 by zicoshoops

Ted……
You know and I know, we’re looking at a 15 point deduction. 😳

We'll get a points deduction for giving up and letting Aguero score in that match.
Login to get fewer ads

Man City on 07:33 - Sep 13 with 3080 viewsLandshark

Personally I hope they face little to no punishment.

I quite enjoy how they stop Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United winning anything. The fans of those clubs are insufferable.

Edit: I just realised I forgot Chelsea but they are so off from winning anything these days anyway.
[Post edited 13 Sep 7:35]
Man City on 07:50 - Sep 13 with 3030 viewsNorthernr

They'll bury them in paper and the best lawyers in the world. Did a I read they've submitted a million documents into discovery? Good luck with that.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Man City on 08:07 - Sep 13 with 2981 viewslondonscottish

Man City on 07:50 - Sep 13 by Northernr

They'll bury them in paper and the best lawyers in the world. Did a I read they've submitted a million documents into discovery? Good luck with that.

This.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Man City on 08:18 - Sep 13 with 2901 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Or they will get a 15 point suspended (indefinite) deduction and a slap on the wrist.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Man City on 08:19 - Sep 13 with 2889 viewsNorthernr

Man City on 08:18 - Sep 13 by Metallica_Hoop

Or they will get a 15 point suspended (indefinite) deduction and a slap on the wrist.

Administered a couple of weeks after they've won the league by 17 points.
Man City on 08:30 - Sep 13 with 2825 viewsdaveB

a lot of these charges are from 2009 - 2015 but guess if they didn't over spend then Pep and co wouldn't have come in and taken them to ridiculous heights

When you see what Chelsea are allowed to spend and how they are doing it this all feels a bit of a farce

Club owners should be allowed to spend what they want but regulation should be that they sign up that any debt will not be put on the club and they have to pay for it
Man City on 08:51 - Sep 13 with 2754 viewsGaryHaddock

Man City on 08:30 - Sep 13 by daveB

a lot of these charges are from 2009 - 2015 but guess if they didn't over spend then Pep and co wouldn't have come in and taken them to ridiculous heights

When you see what Chelsea are allowed to spend and how they are doing it this all feels a bit of a farce

Club owners should be allowed to spend what they want but regulation should be that they sign up that any debt will not be put on the club and they have to pay for it

Couldn’t disagree more on the last paragraph Dave.

It’s no different from doping.

Spending limits should be established as a ratio of supporter related income streams:

- Merchandise sales
- Match day revenue
- TV money

That list is non exhaustive.

I think that you should have a licence to buy a football club, after extensive means testing, and tougher sanctions on owners rather than clubs.
[Post edited 13 Sep 8:51]
Man City on 08:56 - Sep 13 with 2728 viewsdaveB

Man City on 08:51 - Sep 13 by GaryHaddock

Spending limits should be established as a ratio of supporter related income streams:

- Merchandise sales
- Match day revenue
- TV money

I think that you should have a licence to buy a football club, after extensive means testing, and tougher sanctions on owners rather than clubs.

Thats what you have now which means the elite will always stay as the elite and the rest of you stay in your box
Man City on 09:02 - Sep 13 with 2679 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Man City on 08:56 - Sep 13 by daveB

Thats what you have now which means the elite will always stay as the elite and the rest of you stay in your box

Agreed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Man City on 09:03 - Sep 13 with 2670 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Man City on 08:51 - Sep 13 by GaryHaddock

- Merchandise sales
- Match day revenue
- TV money

Agree with your last paragraph.

Re: "spending limits should be established as a ratio of supporter related income streams", if we had that back in the day, Jim Gregory wouldn't have been able to do what he did.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Man City on 09:07 - Sep 13 with 2644 viewsJeff

Man City on 07:50 - Sep 13 by Northernr

Just putting my Forensic Lawyer hat on, Document discovery and subsequent Disclosure is done pre-trial, so they'll have already done all of that, and is probably one of the reasons why it's taken so long to get to trial - they'll have known the volume of data to review and set the trial date accordingly yonks ago...

Can we not knock it?

Man City on 09:19 - Sep 13 with 2592 viewsGaryHaddock

Man City on 08:56 - Sep 13 by daveB

That isn’t what we have now, Man City survive on director / owner loans which wouldn’t be allowed
Man City on 09:20 - Sep 13 with 2575 viewsbosh67

Nothing will happen and Man City's lawyers will tie them up in knots and if they get close to anything the lawyers will launch some kind of counter suit for wrongful allegations and that will dwarf anything being thrown at them. So, in a nutshell, nothing will happen.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Man City on 09:23 - Sep 13 with 2580 viewsNorthernr

Man City on 09:07 - Sep 13 by Jeff

Just putting my Forensic Lawyer hat on, Document discovery and subsequent Disclosure is done pre-trial, so they'll have already done all of that, and is probably one of the reasons why it's taken so long to get to trial - they'll have known the volume of data to review and set the trial date accordingly yonks ago...

We're ready now.

Are you?

Yup.

So you've read all that have you?

Yup.

All of it?

Yeeeeessss. God. Come on, it's trial time.

Ok, opening statements.

Man City on 09:49 - Sep 13 with 2477 viewsGaryHaddock

Man City on 09:03 - Sep 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree with your last paragraph.

Re: "spending limits should be established as a ratio of supporter related income streams", if we had that back in the day, Jim Gregory wouldn't have been able to do what he did.

Dare I say it Bri, a lot of clubs did what Man City are doing now. Clough’s Forest teams and Blackburn in the 90s spring to mind.

Let’s take our QPR hats off a minute, if Gregory pulled those stunts today for another club we’d have something to say.

I won’t go into that Warnock side that won promotion for us either!

I can accept a club with 3 times our gates and 10 times our merchandise income outspending us. I can’t except a wealthy gulf state or indidvudual taking over a club just because that happens to be what he saw out the window of his/her helicopter.
[Post edited 13 Sep 9:50]
Man City on 09:59 - Sep 13 with 2428 viewsslmrstid

Its not related to over spending and owners spending what they want though - this seems to be a real common misconception.

A lot of the charges, and most serious, relate to over inflating income from spurious sponsorship with connected companies, and paying managers/players through different bodies, Mancini being the most well publicised.

I'm sure Nico knows a hell of a lot more of the detail than any of us, and its all a lot more complex than my very simple statement above, but this is a fraud case, not simply "spending what they want" which is what Manchester City would no doubt like everyone to think what it is to keep people on their side.
Man City on 10:02 - Sep 13 with 2384 viewsGaryHaddock

Man City on 09:59 - Sep 13 by slmrstid

Its not related to over spending and owners spending what they want though - this seems to be a real common misconception.

A lot of the charges, and most serious, relate to over inflating income from spurious sponsorship with connected companies, and paying managers/players through different bodies, Mancini being the most well publicised.

I'm sure Nico knows a hell of a lot more of the detail than any of us, and its all a lot more complex than my very simple statement above, but this is a fraud case, not simply "spending what they want" which is what Manchester City would no doubt like everyone to think what it is to keep people on their side.

End sponsorship income or introduce a flat fee.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024