Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grant summoned to court 11:08 - Mar 26 with 9171 viewsIOMDale

Hearing due next month:

http://www.bdpost.co.uk/sport/rochdale_s_bobby_grant_receives_summons_after_raci

UTDNFS

Grant summoned to court on 12:09 - Mar 26 with 5817 viewsJumeirahDale

Already attracted some delightfully bonkers right wing garbage in the comments section as well...
Grant summoned to court on 12:11 - Mar 26 with 5793 viewsYouTubeDale

It's a bit vague saying he will appear in Court "in April". Usually, in this type of report they are exact and mention the actual date in April. If he is found guilty then I assume he will not be able to play from that date. Obviously, the sooner he appears in court in April then the less games he MAY be playing. We are still wanting points which brings Thursday's loan deadline into focus. It is thought that KH is looking to bring in perhaps 2 players and this pending case could have been part of his decision making process. I think we will be ok points-wise but you have to be professional about it and see the club over the line. But in the process spending scarce much-needed money.

If only we could have got the match on last Saturday and taken 3 points off what seemed a wounded Southend. Then we may have taken a different view. My personal take on it was that we didn't put as much effort into clearing the snow as we could have. And I also want to mention Rochdale Council...I feel that they should be supporting Rochdale Football Club, and therefore the town, more by helping to clear paths and roads near the ground. Seating areas, turnstyle areas and car parks could have been cleared with more effort. We shot ourselves in the foot.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Grant summoned to court on 12:13 - Mar 26 with 5781 viewsColDale

there's a statement on the Daggers website which basically says they were informed yesterday that Grant would be in court in April, and would make no further comment on it until then. The newspaper report has probably just run with that.

Using the John Terry case as an example, the FA will not act until after any court case has taken place.
Grant summoned to court on 12:16 - Mar 26 with 5761 viewsD_Alien

Grant summoned to court on 12:11 - Mar 26 by YouTubeDale

It's a bit vague saying he will appear in Court "in April". Usually, in this type of report they are exact and mention the actual date in April. If he is found guilty then I assume he will not be able to play from that date. Obviously, the sooner he appears in court in April then the less games he MAY be playing. We are still wanting points which brings Thursday's loan deadline into focus. It is thought that KH is looking to bring in perhaps 2 players and this pending case could have been part of his decision making process. I think we will be ok points-wise but you have to be professional about it and see the club over the line. But in the process spending scarce much-needed money.

If only we could have got the match on last Saturday and taken 3 points off what seemed a wounded Southend. Then we may have taken a different view. My personal take on it was that we didn't put as much effort into clearing the snow as we could have. And I also want to mention Rochdale Council...I feel that they should be supporting Rochdale Football Club, and therefore the town, more by helping to clear paths and roads near the ground. Seating areas, turnstyle areas and car parks could have been cleared with more effort. We shot ourselves in the foot.

No reason why a midweek court appearance would prevent him (in a physical sense) from continuing to play. If there was a verdict at the initial appearance (unlikely, its usually just a preliminary) it's unlikely to lead to an immediate custodial sentence (send him down, type of thing).

HOWEVER, its also unlikely that KH will want a member of his squad being taken through the courts whilst still considering him fit to play a part in the run in with vital points to play for.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Grant summoned to court on 12:35 - Mar 26 with 5690 viewsolympicdale

was this case reported to the police through Daggers or Hoyte himself, just seems strange that he has a summons, usually the FA would be be involved firstly, as it happened on the pitch, so is a football incident.

Life is a game of fate.

Grant summoned to court on 12:38 - Mar 26 with 5676 viewsColDale

Grant summoned to court on 12:35 - Mar 26 by olympicdale

was this case reported to the police through Daggers or Hoyte himself, just seems strange that he has a summons, usually the FA would be be involved firstly, as it happened on the pitch, so is a football incident.

the laws of England take priority over the laws of football
Grant summoned to court on 12:39 - Mar 26 with 5659 viewsD_Alien

Racism is a criminal offence, OD

A player can also be charged with actual or grievous bodily harm through his actions on the football field.

* just read Col's reply

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Grant summoned to court on 12:40 - Mar 26 with 5653 viewsjudd

There is a legislative requirement to process a certain amount of scousers through the judicial system at any one time. It's nothing to worry about - it's just like a wooly back being called up for jury service, but in reverse.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Grant summoned to court on 13:12 - Mar 26 with 5542 viewsolympicdale

Grant summoned to court on 12:39 - Mar 26 by D_Alien

Racism is a criminal offence, OD

A player can also be charged with actual or grievous bodily harm through his actions on the football field.

* just read Col's reply

Yeah I realise this, and there has been cases where a player has been accused of GBH on the pitch. I just thought it was strange the FA has not got involved, thinking back to the Terry case, after he was acquitted, the FA took it upon themselves to charge him on a footballing incident.

Life is a game of fate.

Grant summoned to court on 13:52 - Mar 26 with 5447 viewsD_Dale

It must be causing some anxiety for BG, as it appears that the police inquiry led to sufficient evidence going to the CPS for someone there to decide on a prosecution. Come next month, presumably the case will be adjourned until a date when there'll be a full hearing. No reason why Grant shouldn't play football in the meantime, though his performance might be affected by the case hanging over him.
Grant summoned to court on 13:57 - Mar 26 with 5434 viewssweetcorn

Grant summoned to court on 13:52 - Mar 26 by D_Dale

It must be causing some anxiety for BG, as it appears that the police inquiry led to sufficient evidence going to the CPS for someone there to decide on a prosecution. Come next month, presumably the case will be adjourned until a date when there'll be a full hearing. No reason why Grant shouldn't play football in the meantime, though his performance might be affected by the case hanging over him.

Holy Sh*t.

Hope he's innocent for his and our sakes. For our sakes, as we don't want to lose our most talented player or miss out on good money selling him on because he's been branded a racist. With regards to his sake, it wouldn't be looking good for him, considering his previous record with the part he had to play in the whole Steven Gerard saga.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Grant summoned to court on 14:18 - Mar 26 with 5383 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Grant summoned to court on 13:57 - Mar 26 by sweetcorn

Holy Sh*t.

Hope he's innocent for his and our sakes. For our sakes, as we don't want to lose our most talented player or miss out on good money selling him on because he's been branded a racist. With regards to his sake, it wouldn't be looking good for him, considering his previous record with the part he had to play in the whole Steven Gerard saga.

I don't think Bobby was involved in any way with the Stevie G affair....just present at said incident.

Lawyers however may re-gurgitate it as "previouce"
Grant summoned to court on 14:22 - Mar 26 with 5372 viewsJumeirahDale

Grant summoned to court on 14:18 - Mar 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

I don't think Bobby was involved in any way with the Stevie G affair....just present at said incident.

Bobby was charged with (and admitted) affray. He admitted to punching the fella in the back of the head and was given a suspended prison sentence...
Grant summoned to court on 14:22 - Mar 26 with 5366 viewsolympicdale

Grant summoned to court on 13:57 - Mar 26 by sweetcorn

Holy Sh*t.

This whole event sums up the Coleman reign to a tea. I just hope for his future career he's proven innocent, and if found guilty, he shouldn't be here a day afterwards.

Life is a game of fate.

Grant summoned to court on 14:56 - Mar 26 with 5306 viewsDale57

Yawn !!!!!!!!
Grant summoned to court on 15:25 - Mar 26 with 5229 viewsDale_Pea

Grant summoned to court on 14:56 - Mar 26 by Dale57

Yawn !!!!!!!!

Yawn? Is the impending court case of one our most important players boring you?

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Grant summoned to court on 15:57 - Mar 26 with 5170 viewsBigKindo

Fishful site says he is pleading not guilty.
Grant summoned to court on 16:04 - Mar 26 with 5155 viewsD_Dale

Grant summoned to court on 15:57 - Mar 26 by BigKindo

Fishful site says he is pleading not guilty.

The OS item reads in its entirety (and appears nearly 4 hours after the news was posted on the US):

PUBLISHED

15:00 26th March 2013

Rochdale Football Club can confirm that following an alleged incident at Dagenham and Redbridge’s Victoria Road on Saturday 12th January, striker Bobby Grant has been summonsed to a court hearing in April.

Grant denies an allegation of racially aggravated harassment and will issue a plea of not guilty.

As this is now the subject of a judiciary process the club will not be making any further comment until that process has concluded.
Grant summoned to court on 16:29 - Mar 26 with 5121 viewssandylaner1

Grant summoned to court on 16:04 - Mar 26 by D_Dale

The OS item reads in its entirety (and appears nearly 4 hours after the news was posted on the US):

PUBLISHED

15:00 26th March 2013

Rochdale Football Club can confirm that following an alleged incident at Dagenham and Redbridge’s Victoria Road on Saturday 12th January, striker Bobby Grant has been summonsed to a court hearing in April.

Grant denies an allegation of racially aggravated harassment and will issue a plea of not guilty.

As this is now the subject of a judiciary process the club will not be making any further comment until that process has concluded.

oh bobby
Grant summoned to court on 17:09 - Mar 26 with 5046 viewsPotterDale

Grant summoned to court on 12:09 - Mar 26 by JumeirahDale

Already attracted some delightfully bonkers right wing garbage in the comments section as well...

I may be looking in the wrong place, but I can't see anything in the comments section.
Grant summoned to court on 17:25 - Mar 26 with 5006 viewsBobbyjoe

Depressing as it is that a young person in 2013 (or was it 12, then!)can still resort to racist abuse , (and assuming he can't afford as expensive a brief as Terry), if found guilty he needs, above all, educating. I bow to no one in condemning this sort of thing, but he didn't kill anyone, and shouldn't receive a "life" sentence.
Grant summoned to court on 17:33 - Mar 26 with 4975 viewsSuddenLad

I remember reading at the time that it is a directive of the FA and FL that any such allegations of racism are reported as a matter of course to the police.

Dagenham & Redbridge will have been obliged to do so as the host club on the day.

After that, it's a matter for the CPS, but you can bet your bottom dollar that they will deem it 'in the public interest'' and will therefore pursue a prosecution.

If the Fa, FL and CPS failed to act or failed to pursue the case to the bitter end, they would each be pilloried for 'brushing it under the carpet' .

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Grant summoned to court on 18:07 - Mar 26 with 4914 viewssweetcorn

Grant summoned to court on 14:18 - Mar 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

Yes he was involved, he was charged with affray. Think he got community service.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Grant summoned to court on 18:21 - Mar 26 with 4879 viewsD_Dale

Grant summoned to court on 17:09 - Mar 26 by PotterDale

I may be looking in the wrong place, but I can't see anything in the comments section.

Seems to have been deleted. The gist of it seemed to be that in white counties there are the sort of anti-racism laws that don't exist in non-white countries.
Grant summoned to court on 19:13 - Mar 26 with 4794 viewsolympicdale

Grant summoned to court on 17:33 - Mar 26 by SuddenLad

I remember reading at the time that it is a directive of the FA and FL that any such allegations of racism are reported as a matter of course to the police.

Dagenham & Redbridge will have been obliged to do so as the host club on the day.

After that, it's a matter for the CPS, but you can bet your bottom dollar that they will deem it 'in the public interest'' and will therefore pursue a prosecution.

If the Fa, FL and CPS failed to act or failed to pursue the case to the bitter end, they would each be pilloried for 'brushing it under the carpet' .

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

That reads to me that the FA are trying to dodge such issues, yes it is a matter of the police on the whole, but for the FA and the FL to state this at such early processes, just comes across them trying to dodge the issue. It also just seems to me that this is one word against the other, I don't think the referee heard it, and as such wont have put it in his report, i don't see how he can be proven guilty personally.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024