Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread 16:23 - Sep 12 with 59744 viewsDaBurgh

This international break week seems to have lasted a ridiculously long time. I guess because we finished on a high. Going on a late summer week's holiday on Saturday to Cap d'Agde on the French Mediterranean coast. Apparently it has a reputation of being the nudist, hedonistic capital of France, not only the beaches but some restaurants also are 'clothing optional'.
Hopefully I can watch the game before we go out for a meal, the evenings are getting a bit chilly so I'm hoping that I won't be put of my dim sum by some fat couple in thongs.
2 - 1 Rangers. Anderson and Cook.
[Post edited 12 Sep 16:58]
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:30 - Sep 14 with 1943 viewsVancouverHoop

We're second to every ball at the moment
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:31 - Sep 14 with 1899 viewsstainrods_elbow

Have we played any football yet? They could and should be two or three up already, are carrying all the threat, and it's depressing again. We seem to be defaulting to pre-season friendly mode. It would help if we had a midfield that knew how to attack. Just had a promising situation with Anderson that 'culiminates' with Field passing backwards again and the moment is gone. Madsen is playing like a pansy when he comes into view at all.
No width on the left.

I suppose our main hope may be Wednesday's wastefulness. Sort it out, Marti!
[Post edited 14 Sep 15:35]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:31 - Sep 14 with 1916 viewsMatch82

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:30 - Sep 14 by perpignanR

We are looking very sluggish in midfield at the mo.

Couple of passes from Andersen just a little short of where they need to be last couple of minutes, can make a difference.

Been really impressed with Windass for them
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:31 - Sep 14 with 1910 viewskensalriser

Much too casual again.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:32 - Sep 14 with 1871 viewsStreathamRanger

We're getting battered right now. Will be lucky to get to half time at 0-0
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:32 - Sep 14 with 1868 viewsJimmyR

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:16 - Sep 14 by strikerace

I could have sworn the lineup said we were playing some midfielders, but I can't seem to find them out there

They are ones stood 10ft in front of the defence that keep playing the ball back to where they got it from, on the rare occasions we have the ball
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:33 - Sep 14 with 1814 viewsStreathamRanger

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:32 - Sep 14 by JimmyR

They are ones stood 10ft in front of the defence that keep playing the ball back to where they got it from, on the rare occasions we have the ball

Should have pushed harder to sign Hayden
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:33 - Sep 14 with 1805 viewsDorse

Word on the oppo - is Ugbo always this good? Sheesh.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:33 - Sep 14 with 1781 viewsWD99

Madsen pretty anonymous on the left. I’d look to get Saito or Smyth out there.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:33 - Sep 14 with 1757 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The performance so far has been a bit like the commentary; patchy. Looking decidedly uncomfortable playing it out from the back, vulnerable on the flanks, and the midfield is non-existent. Positive is we're still level. Passing needs to be crisper and the midfield needs to step up. And FFS someone get a hold of Bannan.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:33 - Sep 14 with 1768 viewsstrikerace

I wish Anderson was invisible so far, that would be an improvement
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:34 - Sep 14 with 1705 viewsDorse

By the cringe. We are getting hosed here.

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:35 - Sep 14 with 1699 viewsderbyhoop

Windass misses. Again.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:35 - Sep 14 with 1676 viewsStreathamRanger

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:33 - Sep 14 by WD99

Madsen pretty anonymous on the left. I’d look to get Saito or Smyth out there.

Smyth would help right now. Thank god the Wednesday players can't finish.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:36 - Sep 14 with 1617 viewskensalriser

Can see why they've gone three games without scoring.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:36 - Sep 14 with 1577 viewsStreathamRanger

Morrison and JCS both out at the same time has really screwed us.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:36 - Sep 14 with 1567 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:35 - Sep 14 by derbyhoop

Windass misses. Again.

That's 3 let offs this half. I'll be happy to get into HT level because this needs reorganising.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:37 - Sep 14 with 1524 viewsPdog

We have not got started here, just need to stay in the game and sort things out at HT
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:37 - Sep 14 with 1497 viewsVancouverHoop

On the plus side. Wednesday have done nothing with their overwhelming dominance... so far.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:38 - Sep 14 with 1487 viewsCamberleyR

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:36 - Sep 14 by kensalriser

Can see why they've gone three games without scoring.

Shhhhhh!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:38 - Sep 14 with 1457 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:36 - Sep 14 by StreathamRanger

Morrison and JCS both out at the same time has really screwed us.

JCS' ability to thread passes through the lines is a particular miss.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:39 - Sep 14 with 1425 viewssdm1508

Colback is a liability at the moment. Not passing well and when someone makes a mistake just stands there looking at them. Frey did a poor pass to him and just looked at him instead of fighting for it. Feels like Marti has a few round pegs in square holes to get players in the side. Colback off, Marsden in the middle, Anderson off and Dembele as 10 with Saito and Smyth on either wing
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:41 - Sep 14 with 1313 viewsDorse

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:39 - Sep 14 by sdm1508

Colback is a liability at the moment. Not passing well and when someone makes a mistake just stands there looking at them. Frey did a poor pass to him and just looked at him instead of fighting for it. Feels like Marti has a few round pegs in square holes to get players in the side. Colback off, Marsden in the middle, Anderson off and Dembele as 10 with Saito and Smyth on either wing

We're making Bannon look like Pirlo.

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:43 - Sep 14 with 1180 viewsFDC

Wednesday comms pronouncing Frey as "Fry". Only came to pass on 42 minutes mind.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:43 - Sep 14 with 1171 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 15:39 - Sep 14 by sdm1508

"Frey did a poor pass to him and just looked at him instead of fighting for it."

That annoyed me. Yes, the pass wasn't inch perfect but it wasn't a million miles off either and the ball was still there to be won. He just gave up on it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024