Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 416856 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 23:20 - Jul 26 with 6278 viewselnombre

Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:17 - Jul 26 by SAPilgrim

Anyone know them well enough to see if they might be an option for us?

Did someone page our Wigan correspondent...

On the whole Whatmough has been outstanding at the DW - big, tough, organised, good in the air and can pass a ball. One nit-picking reservation, a game just before Christmas when an ugly error led to a(nother) away goal. Everyone makes mistakes of course, but he just fell apart after it; head-shaking, body slumped, pretty much stopped playing at all - looked absolutely in pieces, as though it was all too much for him. A genuinely horrible watch (and I can't believe Richardson didn't sub him for his own good).

In retrospect, I think it was around the time wages had stopped being paid, so a young family, Christmas, the pressure of half a season carrying that defence, entirely understandable perhaps. Certainly bounced back subsequently. I'd be delighted to see him here.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:15 - Jul 27 with 5824 viewsHoopstar

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:34 - Jul 26 by qprcmob

Understatement we are well short up front, the toughest championship for years and our strike force Dykes 10 goal a season, Armstrong yet to score a goal in the championship and Kelman who correct me if i'm wrong not scored a championship goal either. Someone posted that we only scored 26 goals last season, how can QPR not see that. I bet Kevin Gallen is having a meltdown. Get a striker in FFS

We scored 44 goals last season, but 18 of those goals have left i.e Martin, Lowe, Ireogbunam etc. etc.

Third worst goals for and second worst goals conceded I think we wound up with.

Preston only scored 1 goal more than us, but conceded 12 less and finished 12th. Getting harder to score against will help a little - whether or not we can improve on 71 goals conceded very much remains to be seen but....please? I'd still rather finish 12th scoring 15 more though.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:48 - Jul 27 with 5145 viewscolinallcars

I hear we're in for Doncaster striker Mark Mywords. If not, Chris Martin for a year.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:41 - Jul 28 with 4704 viewsGloucs_R

We're not even shopping at the reduced section in Aldi.

We're going through the bins out the back.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:13 - Jul 28 with 4486 viewsjeffranger

Summer Transfer Rumours on 06:41 - Jul 28 by Gloucs_R

We're not even shopping at the reduced section in Aldi.

We're going through the bins out the back.

Well so far Begovic prem, Richards prem, lark Fulham lad, prem Fox, championship & Smyth, league 2, so only one from lower leagues & quite happy with shopping so far
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:32 - Jul 28 with 4249 viewsGloucs_R

Summer Transfer Rumours on 08:13 - Jul 28 by jeffranger

Well so far Begovic prem, Richards prem, lark Fulham lad, prem Fox, championship & Smyth, league 2, so only one from lower leagues & quite happy with shopping so far

Possibly missed the tongue in cheek there 😁

Begovic - second choice Prem
Richards - Reserve team Prem
Larkeche - Youth team / Reserve Prem
Fox - Released by a Championship team
Smyth - League 2

Chris Martin - Retired 😉

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:39 - Jul 28 with 4202 viewsBklynRanger

If there was a thought to bring Martin back they should have just got on with it at the start of preseason.

At least then he would have had a chance of getting his fitness up.

If he comes in now he may be even less mobile than he already was.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:39 - Jul 28 with 4049 viewsGloucs_R

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:39 - Jul 28 by BklynRanger

If there was a thought to bring Martin back they should have just got on with it at the start of preseason.

Like a ship that's broken down in the Suez canal?

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:49 - Jul 28 with 4004 viewsNorthernr

Less mobile!!? My house subsides further and faster than he shifts as it is.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:55 - Jul 28 with 3967 viewsfrancisbowles

They may have made him an offer that he wasn't satisfied with.
He has since explored his options. Now, he may be coming back to accept something.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:27 - Jul 28 with 3821 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:55 - Jul 28 by francisbowles

They may have made him an offer that he wasn't satisfied with.
He has since explored his options. Now, he may be coming back to accept something.

That sounds sensible but, although I was happy with his contribution last season, I can't feel we should be looking elsewhere. Isn't there a budding striker we could loan in, or can't we even afford that now?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:46 - Jul 28 with 3752 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:27 - Jul 28 by dmm

That sounds sensible but, although I was happy with his contribution last season, I can't feel we should be looking elsewhere. Isn't there a budding striker we could loan in, or can't we even afford that now?

We haven't found anyone yet. Do we take Martin now or gamble that someone better and affordable will be available at the end of the window.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:19 - Jul 28 with 3589 viewsBklynRanger

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:49 - Jul 28 by Northernr

Less mobile!!? My house subsides further and faster than he shifts as it is.

I know but on top of that this good natured iceberg has been at home eating toasties and watching The Ashes for the last 5 weeks.

They'll need to take the whole safe standing area out just to forklift him into the stadium.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:27 - Jul 28 with 3539 viewsqprcmob

Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:27 - Jul 28 by dmm

Totally agree, Maybe we are afraid to try a budding striker from the lower leagues because of the failures of the likes of Conor Washington and Bonne, Chris Martin is better than nothing, but only just. As for the money situation its so sad to see where we are now compared to the likes of Chelshit, Wet Spam, C Palarse, Foolham, Brentfart, Arseholenal, and Spuds. Where did it all go wrong, Fernandes ? Ferdinand ? Hughes ? Redcrap ? FFP. A small squad is one thing, a skeleton squad which is what we have is inviting relegation, not sursrised we are one of the favourites to go down. I don't know about anybody else but i am a bit disappointed with our summer transfer business, i am ok with the signings so far but the season starts next week and we bought in just 4 new signings, Richards was already here we just didn't see him and Dickie, Jojo, Amos, Balogun, and loans Tim, Lowe and The Tw@t Roberts all gone. We have been a bit slow in the market compared to other clubs but what goes on behind the scenes at QPR i don't know, but what i do know is it's not looking too good. It is going to be sad times coming out of Loftus Road after a game buzzing because we actually scored a goal even though the opposition scored 7 or 8.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:46 - Jul 28 with 3312 viewsterryb

Where has this resurfacing of signing Martin come from? Why would we offer a contract to a player who has had no proper pre season training?

We either released him or he turned down our offer & he doesn't qualify as a 32ish experienced player that we will sign from "leftfield".
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 14:05]
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:10 - Jul 28 with 3235 viewsR_from_afar

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:46 - Jul 28 by terryb

Where has this resurfacing of signing Martin come from? Why would we offer a contract to a player who has had no proper pre season training?

We either released him or he turned down our offer & he doesn't qualify as a 32ish experienced player that we will sign from "leftfield".
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 14:05]

Re. Martin, on 26th July, David McIntyre wrote that Martin "has remained in contact with Rangers and is considering his options". I think that's the source.

I hope we move on from Martin, surely there must be alternative? I recognise that he made an important contribution towards us staying up last season but unless he was below peak fitness (for him) when he played for us last season, his lack of speed and stamina is going to be difficult to "carry" in a season when we are very short of quality, experience and firepower.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:26 - Jul 28 with 3039 viewsRangersw12

We need pace and mobility not a lump up front like Martin
Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:56 - Jul 28 with 2808 viewsdmm

Eze has turned down a Palace offer to extend his contract. Maybe an early precursor to a transfer move?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:08 - Jul 28 with 2720 viewsDorse

Summer Transfer Rumours on 15:26 - Jul 28 by Rangersw12

We need pace and mobility not a lump up front like Martin

Be ironic if we signed this guy

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:09 - Jul 28 with 2714 viewsQPROslo

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:56 - Jul 28 by dmm

Eze has turned down a Palace offer to extend his contract. Maybe an early precursor to a transfer move?

I read this on Team Talk together with their linking him to MU. Guess it just about qualifies as Rumour, one that potentially could solve this seasons FFP problems.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:12 - Jul 28 with 2702 viewsnumptydumpty

Interesting development 🤔

But could be simply because release clause fee too high, as opposed to wanting to leave Palace

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:16 - Jul 28 with 2682 viewsjohnhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:08 - Jul 28 by Dorse

I thought we had him once but he must have changed his name from Pellicori.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:27 - Jul 28 with 2631 viewsnumptydumpty

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:08 - Jul 28 by Dorse

I think we have signed this guy under different aliases multiple times over !!!!

80% of our transfer business..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:38 - Jul 28 with 2560 viewsDannyPaddox

I love Ebere as much as you do mate but let it go … he’s not coming back.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:49 - Jul 28 with 2508 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:38 - Jul 28 by DannyPaddox

I love Ebere as much as you do mate but let it go … he’s not coming back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024