Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfer Rumours 16:26 - May 9 with 416928 viewsderbyhoop

As they seem to have started already, this should be an ongoing thread until August

Seny Dieng - Reims who are mid table in Ligue 1 reportedly interested
Conor Masterson - Gillingham, where he spent the 2nd half of the season; are confident of signing him, but Exeter are also interested

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:04 - Jul 21 with 7299 viewsGloucs_R

Dave Mc tweeted probably we after at least ,4 players.

Two on a free
Two with transfers

That's before we sell anyone I guess.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:17 - Jul 21 with 7201 viewsdavman

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:39 - Jul 19 by Hunterhoop

If that’s true, then Wycombe and Orient being able to offer bigger salaries than us, is utterly ludicrous. It shows how flawed FFP is, especially when the league below have different rules. Their revenue is much lower, they must be losing money too.

Or it's just confirmation that they blew the final chance on fckng Charlie Austin, Jordi de Wijs and Stefan Johansson.

Holloway started to turn this club round introducing Manning, Smyth, BOS, Shodipo, Chair and Eze into the first team on a budget EXACTLY his remit. Then someone (Manager, DOF, Owners) decided to rip it all up and break the wage structure on a bunch with no onward sale value.

The fact that we can't find the £10m to balance the books with sales is probably why we can't compete with Portsmouth, Orient or Reading (although the latter are well beyond us on the road to ruin).

It really is a strong possibility...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:18 - Jul 21 with 7192 viewsdistortR

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:17 - Jul 21 by davman

Or it's just confirmation that they blew the final chance on fckng Charlie Austin, Jordi de Wijs and Stefan Johansson.

Holloway started to turn this club round introducing Manning, Smyth, BOS, Shodipo, Chair and Eze into the first team on a budget EXACTLY his remit. Then someone (Manager, DOF, Owners) decided to rip it all up and break the wage structure on a bunch with no onward sale value.

The fact that we can't find the £10m to balance the books with sales is probably why we can't compete with Portsmouth, Orient or Reading (although the latter are well beyond us on the road to ruin).

That's the way I see it - we spent today's money yesterday.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 12:33 - Jul 22 with 6642 viewsQPRSteve

Arsenal youngster linked

https://www.teamtalk.com/arsenal/sources-arsenal-listening-offers-ryan-alebiosu-

Anyone know anything about him?
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:04 - Jul 23 with 6045 viewsSydneyRs

Morgan Fox released by Stoke being linked by West London Sport. I have no idea if he's any good or not!
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:29 - Jul 23 with 5932 viewsBlue_Castello

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:04 - Jul 23 by SydneyRs

Morgan Fox released by Stoke being linked by West London Sport. I have no idea if he's any good or not!

It has to be said WLS is usually a reliable source of information but he's a left back which is a position we don't need to fill, can he play as a left sided centre half and is he any good in that position. We all know the positions we need to fill and I'm sure Ainsworth won't be wasting the budget on duplications, we may well be negotiating short term contracts with some players knowing that there will be more budget available next season, the curse of FFP.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:30 - Jul 23 with 5919 viewsGloucs_R

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:29 - Jul 23 by Blue_Castello

It has to be said WLS is usually a reliable source of information but he's a left back which is a position we don't need to fill, can he play as a left sided centre half and is he any good in that position. We all know the positions we need to fill and I'm sure Ainsworth won't be wasting the budget on duplications, we may well be negotiating short term contracts with some players knowing that there will be more budget available next season, the curse of FFP.

He's a left footed center back who can also play as a left back. 6'1 and has played in a back four and a back five.

Loads of experience with over 200 games under his belt.

[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 10:33]

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:33 - Jul 23 with 5429 viewsE15Hoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:30 - Jul 23 by Gloucs_R

He's a left footed center back who can also play as a left back. 6'1 and has played in a back four and a back five.

Loads of experience with over 200 games under his belt.

[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 10:33]

...And worth having around purely so that we (OK I mean I..)can keep doing jokes around "transformation" as long as possible..
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfer Rumours on 13:47 - Jul 23 with 5352 viewshantssi

She’ll do for me!😜
Summer Transfer Rumours on 14:47 - Jul 23 with 5151 viewsBoston

Summer Transfer Rumours on 18:17 - Jul 21 by davman

Apologies Dav, accidental down vote.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:27 - Jul 23 with 4851 viewsderbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 10:29 - Jul 23 by Blue_Castello

Amen.
I don't see how we can afford a player in a position we've got covered.
2 LBs. JCS and Gubbins are both left sided CBs

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfer Rumours on 17:41 - Jul 23 with 4545 viewsHAYESBOY

Summer Transfer Rumours on 16:27 - Jul 23 by derbyhoop

Amen.
I don't see how we can afford a player in a position we've got covered.
2 LBs. JCS and Gubbins are both left sided CBs

I think possibly you answered point one with point two.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:01 - Jul 23 with 4310 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gubbins isn’t a viable option for us and the fact so many fans are clinging to him even as a squad player is an indictment of the poverty of our options.
People pleading for patience and criticising predictions before the season has started: we have HALF a competitive team with two weeks left. I’m a very optimistic person but anyone can see we are in serious sh1t and no amount of motivational talks and messing shout on Go Ape is going to change that.

Bare bones.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:05 - Jul 23 with 4075 viewsHoopstar

Morgan Fox a year or two ago is a signing I'd have found underwhelming - always looked a very average lower Champ/upper League One defender. The kind you'd expect to see BOS and co. tormenting half to death.

Where we are now it seems the kind of player we need - lots of experience, won't cost a huge amount in wages and played 40 games last season (though looks like he has had a couple of dodgy hamstring seasons in his career.)

Can't say I'm excited about it but it'll certainly do in the situation we're in as we can't go into the season with Dunne, JCS and Gubbins as our options and hope to have a prayer.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:38 - Jul 23 with 3887 viewscolinallcars

Wonder why Stoke are releasing him - perhaps he's had a brush with the law.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:52 - Jul 23 with 3822 views222gers

Don't rate him, the modern game has left him behind. The called him Twentieth Century Fox at Stoke.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 21:07 - Jul 23 with 3740 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:01 - Jul 23 by Antti_Heinola

Gubbins isn’t a viable option for us and the fact so many fans are clinging to him even as a squad player is an indictment of the poverty of our options.
People pleading for patience and criticising predictions before the season has started: we have HALF a competitive team with two weeks left. I’m a very optimistic person but anyone can see we are in serious sh1t and no amount of motivational talks and messing shout on Go Ape is going to change that.

This, unfortunately.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:02 - Jul 23 with 3538 viewsDorse

Summer Transfer Rumours on 19:01 - Jul 23 by Antti_Heinola

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:25 - Jul 23 with 3444 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Summer Transfer Rumours on 22:02 - Jul 23 by Dorse

You do make me chuckle.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:10 - Jul 24 with 3053 viewsGloucs_R

Quite depressing being a Rangers fan at the moment isn't it.

Can't think of another season in a very long time I've felt so pessimistic.

The fact that we've not even got the money to sign players on f*cki*g free transfers to build a squad is scandalous.

Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:41 - Jul 24 with 2989 viewsHooparoo

Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:10 - Jul 24 by Gloucs_R

Quite depressing being a Rangers fan at the moment isn't it.

Can't think of another season in a very long time I've felt so pessimistic.

The fact that we've not even got the money to sign players on f*cki*g free transfers to build a squad is scandalous.

Afraid I have to agree with you mate. Might be the first time ever that I’m not excited about the new season starting. We just seem to be going backwards and now we’re the poor relations of West London.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:49 - Jul 24 with 2974 viewsSydneyRs

Summer Transfer Rumours on 07:41 - Jul 24 by Hooparoo

Afraid I have to agree with you mate. Might be the first time ever that I’m not excited about the new season starting. We just seem to be going backwards and now we’re the poor relations of West London.

Same. Squad just does not look good enough to survive for me. 2 or 3 injuries and there's not much else there to come in. Even the best 11 isn't great.

Feel for Ainsworth as he's a great bloke with I think some really good ideas in terms of team building and motivation, but he has a hell of a task on his hands and will of course get the blame from the twitter "sign a striker/I don't understand FFP" brigade if we're struggling.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:10 - Jul 24 with 2726 viewsQPRSteve

Chelscum kid being linked now.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/07/24/qpr-interested-in-swoop-for-premier-league-attack
Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:18 - Jul 24 with 2655 viewsdmm

Summer Transfer Rumours on 09:10 - Jul 24 by QPRSteve

Chelscum kid being linked now.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/07/24/qpr-interested-in-swoop-for-premier-league-attack

It's just clickbait. The kid plays in positions that are not priorities for us and he hardly made any game time on loan for Hull last season.
Summer Transfer Rumours on 11:13 - Jul 24 with 2401 viewsDannyPaddox

Summer Transfer Rumours on 20:38 - Jul 23 by colinallcars

Wonder why Stoke are releasing him - perhaps he's had a brush with the law.

According to a Stoke website he was involved in an incident pre-season in Switzerland. Details are minimal. Reported only as a Basle brush with the law.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024