Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie on Open All Rs 15:33 - Apr 5 with 9323 viewsdmm

Has anyone else listened to the latest Open All Rs podcast? It's an Ollie special.

His main point is supporters must get behind Ainsworth and the team to help them avoid relegation. Absolutely fair enough, and it sounded like he was back in the dressing room at halftime 1-0 down.

But after a while, his stream of consciousness becomes something of a convoluted diatribe about anything and everything. He must have taken 90% of the conversation. I love the man, as we all do, but when he's like this I can't help wondering if he's okay.
Ollie on Open All Rs on 16:01 - Apr 6 with 1073 viewsToast_R

I love Holloway, he always shows he cares, Goes a bit OTT at times but that's his character. Lets face it, twice the club got rid of him as manager and twice they got progressively worse very quickly straight afterwards. I actually think had they kept him on rather than replacing him with the snake that is Steve McClaren, QPR would be a more stable place and the club would have probably made some decent money on the likes of BOS, Paul Smyth and Manning to go with the Eze money (which was also largely down to Holloway).

[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 16:03]
Ollie on Open All Rs on 16:03 - Apr 6 with 1062 viewsNov77

Ollie on Open All Rs on 15:35 - Apr 6 by GaryBannister86

I think it's fascinating how opinions differ, and not just on Holloway. Totally respect everyone's views on his management. I never rated it, but maybe I am being harsh about his first spell on reading what people have to say.

I am not for moving on him as a footballer though. He was a rubbish player. Just what we need now? No way. In a side as bad as ours, he would be even worse.

Find it very interesting that you've been going since 69 yet prefer the Holloway time. Surely the Venables and Gerry years were the best and most entertaining, or Warnock. I don't get this fun in League One business. I mean, it was League One. I think the rose-tinted glasses are on the other way about how everyone was at one, it was one big love-in, players dying for the shirt.

I mean Bannister and Byrne and sticking 6 past Chelsea or Bircham kicking someone from Rushden and Diamonds up in the air? Don't get it, I know what I enjoyed more.

Again, I know it's not the common opinion, but I cringe when I see people like Bircham and Padula and average lower league footballers being called "legends" with little mention of a Bannister, Waddock, El Tel.......

But, I do get that we were at a low ebb and a winning QPR side is all I / we want to see whatever the level is. I just don't get the comparison of how good the times were.

In other words, I'm not saying the League One promotion wasn't fun, of course it was. I just don't think it was as good as other times.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 15:39]

Agree 100%.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Ollie on Open All Rs on 16:25 - Apr 6 with 989 viewsjoe90

Definitely going to rub some up the wrong way, but I was there until the end, so don't mind getting some acknowledgement from the gaffer.

To be fair, this current team could do with a little bit of Holloway's dedication.
Ollie on Open All Rs on 18:22 - Apr 6 with 843 viewsJamesB1979

Ollie on Open All Rs on 14:03 - Apr 6 by Northernr

His first spell, for me, absolutely beyond reproach.

I think time dulls the memory a little bit, and you look at it and think "well we weren't in the bottom three when he took over and he had time to save us", but that team was rotten. I remember the fans down the front trying to get at the players because they were 3-0 down at half time at Barnsley, Gerry copping it in the gob from the side stand 5-0 down at Preston, 5-0 at Wimbledon, 5-2 at Sheff Wed. We always talk about the best two players getting injured, Langley and Carlisle, but let's be honest here if Richard Langley and Clarke Carlisle are your best players at Championship level you've got a big problem. The whole place was just absolutely on its ars, worst team we've seen until this point, and in admin so no money to spend. To turn that into that play-off semi-final against Oldham inside two years was insane.

He did have a strong group to take us up. Got Thorpe from Luton who was class at that level, got Martin Rowlands, Ainsworth to add to Bircham, Gallen and Furlong. He also got Cureton, who was very good for league 1……oh that port vale game. We were big club in league 1 and attracted good players. He did brilliantly to turn us around, of that there is no question but he took best part of half a season until he realised that Palmer was not good enough in central midfield. We were stuttering until we got that Johnson on loan to play central midfield and calm us down.
Ollie on Open All Rs on 18:35 - Apr 6 with 818 viewskennoo

Ollie on Open All Rs on 16:13 - Apr 5 by connell10

Standard Ollie , love the bloke.

I think Gareth should bring him in as a motivational speaker in the dressing room for the rest of the season. If that does'nt get them up for it,line them up and shoot the lot of them!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024