Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool optimistic match thread 08:46 - Mar 14 with 57810 viewsloftboy

0-3 Martin , lowe and Sinclair.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:04 - Mar 14 with 3033 viewsdistortR

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 21:36 - Mar 14 by MedwayR

At the time I thought we should've returned the loan players and backed Critchley. Instead we backed the players, spent money we haven't got on a change of manager and are no better for it.

yeah, probably £1.5m lighter after compo to wycombe and paying off critch and co. £1.5m that could have been spent on players, but the 'club' needed a feel good factor and to deflect blame.
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:05 - Mar 14 with 2995 viewsted_hendrix

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 21:56 - Mar 14 by distortR

watford are full of them, which is why we beat them. I said to Brian Mc, I actually thought we were there for the taking 2nd half of that game. But this is beyond my worst dreams. I think we are possibly the unfittest team I have seen, one intense 45 mins against Watford and we haven't recovered 4 days later, hence the midfield with no legs. F'cking shameful.

The fitness issue is just plain embarrasing.

Is It my bloody imagination or has It been like that all season?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:10 - Mar 14 with 2876 viewsbosh67

Did we come out in support of Gary Lineker but just really late?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:13 - Mar 14 with 2770 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:14 - Mar 14 with 2746 viewsHayesender

If I was Archer or Gubbins, I'd be hammering down the managers door tomorrow.

If they can't get in this team, they may as well look at a career change

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:17 - Mar 14 with 2659 viewsRsinWales

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:05 - Mar 14 by ted_hendrix

I am genuinely not trying to be funny or exaggerating, but our defence and midfield seemed to be in a trance for the first 15 minutes of that match. It was really strange. No concerted effort, no shape, no control; just wandering around half-paced, looking helpless and lost. I mean, what was that?

And it didn't really get a lot better after that either. A team that had scored less than a goal a game all season ran through us and around us for the entire match.
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:21 - Mar 14 with 2585 viewsJigsore

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:25 - Mar 14 with 2505 viewsManinBlack

I did say our away form recently has been atrocious but tonight exceeded my expectations. I didn't expect our record defeat to Blackpool. No fight in this team. I can't imagine any team other than us conceding six to a bottom three side. This is a low on a par with the 5-0 live tv defeat at Southend in similar dark days.
Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:28 - Mar 14 with 2439 viewskropotkin41

What odds were there on a 6-1 Blackpool win tonight? Just out of interest......

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:29 - Mar 14 with 2437 viewsbaz_qpr

You know its bad when Jimmy Dunne has had 80 touches playing kick and rush and Tim, Dozzell and Lowe managed 65 between them. Blackpools goalkeeper had the least touches for them at 24 on a par with Dozzell more than Tim and Lowe. When you look at the duels won the stats are an embarrassment for the mdfield, Dickie and Kakay. Field it seems had a good game
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:31 - Mar 14 with 2393 viewsted_hendrix

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:29 - Mar 14 by baz_qpr

You know its bad when Jimmy Dunne has had 80 touches playing kick and rush and Tim, Dozzell and Lowe managed 65 between them. Blackpools goalkeeper had the least touches for them at 24 on a par with Dozzell more than Tim and Lowe. When you look at the duels won the stats are an embarrassment for the mdfield, Dickie and Kakay. Field it seems had a good game

You need to hope and pray that Field hasn't got a suspension looming.

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:35 - Mar 14 with 2312 viewsloftboy

Apologies for starting an optimistic thread, drove from Lowestoft to wantage and back today, the notifications on my phone were going through the roof every few minutes.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 22:36]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:41 - Mar 14 with 2239 viewsCamberleyR

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:31 - Mar 14 by ted_hendrix

You need to hope and pray that Field hasn't got a suspension looming.

Field is okay. 37 matches is the cut off and he has nine yellows in the league plus one in the league cup.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 22:48]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:43 - Mar 14 with 2219 viewshook_hoops

We’ve probably all known it for some time, but it was glaringly obvious tonight. This team is not fit. I’m not talking about injuries, I’m talking about a general level of physical fitness just to be able to play at this level, let alone compete. What the hell is happening on the training ground, why aren’t these players fit for purpose so far into the season. Serious questions need to be asked of the training staff.

Secondly, and sad to say it, but Rob Dickie and Jimmy Dunne are nowhere near Championship level. You might get away with one centre back being slow as long as the other one has a bit of pace, but these two playing together is a disastrous combination.
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:51 - Mar 14 with 2122 viewsdavman

.... Oh and loftboy out btw. If anyone sees him start a chirpy optimistic match thread ever again, ignore it or get it deleted...

That was a hard evening...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:53 - Mar 14 with 2101 viewsnumptydumpty

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:35 - Mar 14 by loftboy

Apologies for starting an optimistic thread, drove from Lowestoft to wantage and back today, the notifications on my phone were going through the roof every few minutes.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 22:36]

It went well I thought loftboy

I think you should start the thread for birmingham right now !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:54 - Mar 14 with 2082 viewsHayesender

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:43 - Mar 14 by hook_hoops

We’ve probably all known it for some time, but it was glaringly obvious tonight. This team is not fit. I’m not talking about injuries, I’m talking about a general level of physical fitness just to be able to play at this level, let alone compete. What the hell is happening on the training ground, why aren’t these players fit for purpose so far into the season. Serious questions need to be asked of the training staff.

Secondly, and sad to say it, but Rob Dickie and Jimmy Dunne are nowhere near Championship level. You might get away with one centre back being slow as long as the other one has a bit of pace, but these two playing together is a disastrous combination.

Don't worry, I'm sure JCS and Balogun are busting a gut to get back for Saturday

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:55 - Mar 14 with 2050 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 21:57 - Mar 14 by Jigsore

Just got in from work

Won 2-0.

Get yourself off mate. No need to check details.
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:58 - Mar 14 with 2032 viewsParkRoyalR

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:43 - Mar 14 by hook_hoops

Did we get done for pace tonight?

Or are we looking for any reason to drag Dunne into the Dickie horror movie thats been allowed to run too long.

Nice lad, brilliant first half of last season but when not hiding from giving an option to take a return pass is making mistake after mistake, so many I've genuinely lost count.
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 23:02 - Mar 14 with 1985 viewsDamo1962

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 21:32 - Mar 14 by traininvain

Even if that’s true, I’d say it’s naive. It’s a three game week and a quick turnaround from Saturday. Beale (spit) made a big point of how important it is to rotate during three game weeks.

I think it’s probably more likely that Ainsworth didn’t want to change a winning team but most of our players don’t seem fit enough to cope with two games in a few days for some reason.

A lot of them can barely manage one game.
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 23:05 - Mar 14 with 1960 viewsDamo1962

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 21:38 - Mar 14 by joolsyp

Christ on a bike. There are some players playing tonight that I hope will never wear the hoops again, certainly not after the end of the season. Disgraceful defending.

This is the only positive. We now know for sure that 90% of the players at QPR should be shown the door one way or the other. Start again from scratch.
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 23:09 - Mar 14 with 1920 viewsDamo1962

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 21:50 - Mar 14 by stainrods_elbow

That wasn't just unacceptable - it was unprofessional, unbelievable and utterly unbearable! Or, if you prefer, guileless, gutless and worthless. Morally, we should be relegated tonight.

Will Hoos be refunding the costs of everyone who travelled, booked tickets or purchased a stream tonight? (Thought not.)

Just line the lot of them against the wall (including our physios) and shoot them, then shoot me!
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 21:52]

Save a bullet for me.
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 23:12 - Mar 14 with 1904 viewsted_hendrix

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:41 - Mar 14 by CamberleyR

Field is okay. 37 matches is the cut off and he has nine yellows in the league plus one in the league cup.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 22:48]

Thanks for that.

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 23:14 - Mar 14 with 1884 viewsDamo1962

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:05 - Mar 14 by ted_hendrix

I've been saying it all season. The basic level in professional sport...and we can't even manage that. Club is rotten to it's roots unfortunately.
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 23:14 - Mar 14 with 1888 viewsitsbiga

"I've never had a six in my career and that's a real trouncing. It's not good enough and I just want to apologise to all the fans - for QPR that's an unacceptable performance".

"Make no bones about this one - this is Blackpool, who have struggled for wins all season and they've smashed us 6-1 tonight. I can't say I've seen that coming".

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024