Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report 19:05 - Aug 28 with 11344 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/58396
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 17:51 - Aug 29 with 2003 viewsgolborne

Some of our pathetic fans and their negativity towards Chair at times…they’ll all come running out saying I didn’t mean he’s rubbish n’all, just he’s frustrating blah blah. Grow up! I’ve been watching regularly since 81, and I can hand on heart say he’s top 5, probably top 3 in that time. And don’t forget Eze would be in there, too. Whilst I wanted to see Ebs enter the Prem in hoops, I wasn’t that flustered when he left, as we had Ilias stepping up. This lad does it at 5 foot virtually nothing, whilst Ebs is a unit. Does he glide as well, maybe not - but did any player since Gary Waddock hunt the ball out of possession the way he does…ordinarily talent like that doesn’t chase the ball - we are 110% blessed.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 18:15 - Aug 29 with 1963 viewsHantsR

I drooled and guffawed all the way through that. Any Rs win is incomplete until Clive creates his report that transports us back to help recreate the atmosphere, tension, excitement and ultimately, wild abandoned joy of the match. Thank you Clive.

I'll remember and possibly try to use 'A first positive from climate change!' 😎
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 20:47 - Aug 29 with 1755 viewsGroveR

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 17:51 - Aug 29 by golborne

Some of our pathetic fans and their negativity towards Chair at times…they’ll all come running out saying I didn’t mean he’s rubbish n’all, just he’s frustrating blah blah. Grow up! I’ve been watching regularly since 81, and I can hand on heart say he’s top 5, probably top 3 in that time. And don’t forget Eze would be in there, too. Whilst I wanted to see Ebs enter the Prem in hoops, I wasn’t that flustered when he left, as we had Ilias stepping up. This lad does it at 5 foot virtually nothing, whilst Ebs is a unit. Does he glide as well, maybe not - but did any player since Gary Waddock hunt the ball out of possession the way he does…ordinarily talent like that doesn’t chase the ball - we are 110% blessed.

This. The graft Chair gets through is extraordinary. Holloway levels of work, flashes of Taraabt levels of skill.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 21:01 - Aug 29 with 1719 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 20:47 - Aug 29 by GroveR

This. The graft Chair gets through is extraordinary. Holloway levels of work, flashes of Taraabt levels of skill.

Plus....the fur coat!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 21:07 - Aug 29 with 1703 viewsHunterhoop

I think. Lot of people have a fairly balanced view of Chair.

He’s clearly technically gifted and works very hard. Don’t think anyone’s questioned that. But lots of people have commented, rightly so in my view, that he could be a lot better if he got his head up more and played the pass, cross, or shot earlier, rather than hang onto it. try to do it all himself, and let the oppo get back in shape. That’s a perfectly fair assessment, and doesn’t mean anyone thinks he’s rubbish. Chair himself even references this in a recent interview (I think the one with the kid interviewing), about the need to look up and move it quicker, so clearly it’s something Beale has discussed with him.

Also, being one of our best players, I think he comes with higher expectations (as is the case for Willock, and was for Eze, and many others before).

I just wish everyone would get away from “he’s great”, “he’s sh*t” type statements over players. You can be very good and still have development areas (in any wall of life) and raising them doesn’t make you someone who thinks the player is sh*t.

One great game, one bad game…they don’t change that. Chair is one of our best players, but he could still improve, and hopefully will!
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 21:17 - Aug 29 with 1694 viewsWhip_It

Laughed out loud reading this in a tent last night. Brilliant end to the weekend, thanks Clive.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 22:06 - Aug 29 with 1626 viewsHadders

If Queens Park Rangers played a match but Clive Whittingham was not in the stadium, did the match really happen?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 22:14]
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 03:45 - Aug 30 with 1453 viewsLoftgirl

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 22:06 - Aug 29 by Hadders

If Queens Park Rangers played a match but Clive Whittingham was not in the stadium, did the match really happen?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 22:14]

Was he at Wembley in 1986? I hope not. I want re-assurance that the game never happened.
Login to get fewer ads

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 08:26 - Aug 30 with 1342 viewsnix

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 21:07 - Aug 29 by Hunterhoop

He’s clearly technically gifted and works very hard. Don’t think anyone’s questioned that. But lots of people have commented, rightly so in my view, that he could be a lot better if he got his head up more and played the pass, cross, or shot earlier, rather than hang onto it. try to do it all himself, and let the oppo get back in shape. That’s a perfectly fair assessment, and doesn’t mean anyone thinks he’s rubbish. Chair himself even references this in a recent interview (I think the one with the kid interviewing), about the need to look up and move it quicker, so clearly it’s something Beale has discussed with him.

Also, being one of our best players, I think he comes with higher expectations (as is the case for Willock, and was for Eze, and many others before).

I just wish everyone would get away from “he’s great”, “he’s sh*t” type statements over players. You can be very good and still have development areas (in any wall of life) and raising them doesn’t make you someone who thinks the player is sh*t.

One great game, one bad game…they don’t change that. Chair is one of our best players, but he could still improve, and hopefully will!

I agree with this. I don't think anyone has ever said he's sh*t. I hold my hand up to thinking his decision making is sometimes not great. But I take the point it might be because he doesn't fancy the options. Interesting that he referenced decision making in his interview after the Watford game, so it's clearly something both Beale and him think he can work on, i.e. when to shoot and when to pass.

He's obviously a vital player for us, he's got so many strengths to his game. As well as that he works hard for the team, and that's rare to have both things. But I don't think it means we can't discuss any negative part of players' games, it's not discounting the positive sides at all, as I think we all recognise those. He's a really good Championship player already and improving his decision making could take him to the next level.

I'm personally much more interested in posts that talk about how players in more depth rather than just they're sh*t, they're fantastic.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 08:49 - Aug 30 with 1320 viewskernowhoop

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 03:45 - Aug 30 by Loftgirl

Was he at Wembley in 1986? I hope not. I want re-assurance that the game never happened.

I was there. I can confirm that it did not happen.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 08:56 - Aug 30 with 1307 viewssoops

Not to go off on too much of a tangent, but with the references to Eze…. That boy is something extra special - I see he got the motm award on Saturday despite the hat-trick from the all-new-exciting-flavour-of-the-month City striker.
How much is he worth now I wonder?
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 09:04 - Aug 30 with 1295 viewsGroveR

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 21:07 - Aug 29 by Hunterhoop

When he gets the ball out wide he could definitely whip it into the box earlier, the problem there is he's mainly getting it on the left and he's predominantly right-footed, so like Willock will always be more confident cutting in, moving it across the area until he gets space and unloading a right-footer.

One thing he seems to have, along with Willock and Eze before, is the ability to let the shot go while the keeper is resetting and trying to close angles down. If you can get just inside the far post with pace, the keeper needs to be playing like Speroni used to always play against us.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 13:29 - Aug 30 with 1152 viewsDixie_CT

Genius of a report Clive.

Tears of laughter at the offer of a love trust with the lino 😂

Eyes welling up with emotion at the description of the winner 🥺

We certainly are, QPR!
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 15:56 - Aug 30 with 1049 viewskensalriser

He's great in the context of what we've been watching at QPR in the last ten years.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 22:01 - Aug 30 with 951 viewsHunterhoop

Absolute masterclass from Chair. Best performance I’ve seen from him in at least 18 months, but maybe ever.

Worked incredibly hard. Movement was superb. Touch. Distribution. Used the ball well, early and very effectively.

Superb.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 22:08 - Aug 30 with 920 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 22:01 - Aug 30 by Hunterhoop

Absolute masterclass from Chair. Best performance I’ve seen from him in at least 18 months, but maybe ever.

Worked incredibly hard. Movement was superb. Touch. Distribution. Used the ball well, early and very effectively.

Superb.

Agree. In Saturday's post-match interview he spoke about improving his decision making. He's not holding on to the ball for too long and knows when to shoot and when to pass.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 22:11 - Aug 30 with 914 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Illy and Willy are on fire ATM. 2 more days (and counting) until the transfer window slams shut.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 22:20 - Aug 30 with 872 viewsted_hendrix

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 22:01 - Aug 30 by Hunterhoop

Superb.

Lets not forget three goals In five games.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 19:17 - Aug 31 with 709 viewsBklynRanger

I'm one behind on these, but that report was top drawer. Everything out on the page as usual Clive. Respect.

'... as shit as life might be at the moment, it does have a habit of brushing little scraps of narrative like this from the table to give you some hope that everything might be alright in the end— and if it’s not alright, then it’s not the end.'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024